• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm not saying it's not crazy, but with the way they're hyping up 3.0. What if Joker, Brave, and someone else all hit the same day?
Smash Dev: "Please, Mr. Sakurai. Let us go home, we have families."
"My fingers are numb...!"
Sakurai: "THE FANS' FIGHTER-LUST MUST BE SATED!" *whip*

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Good morning guys! So, how is everyone doing?

Im trying to save up money ATM, there are quite a few games that i want to get. Astral Chain having multiplayer is a really good thing, FE GX looks good enough and Yoshi is Yoshi, Mario Maker is fun, and I should be getting the Smash Season Pass soon, Links Awakening DX Remastered looks good too... Too many games, too little money.Also i need to eat.
tenor.gif

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
That's one of the reasons why I'd like to see Archanea get a remaster of the DS games. There's a lot of lore and character details that flesh the world out and interesting to learn about, but a good chunk of it gets stuck in the manual. So a lot of fans tend to miss that information and write off the country when it actually has a lot of depth to it. Putting in Echoes' Memory Prisms for instance would be a great way to expand the lore within the game proper as you could explore things like Naga's war with the Earth Dragons, Medeus losing faith in humanity, and Gharnef's jealousy leading the creation of the Imhullu without dumping too much of it in the story proper.
Well the ds games are already remakes so don't Count on it

Worst villain is Hans.

He's literally just an *******.

Garon is at least intimidating.

Iago is meme worthy and I love him for it.

Zola straight up should have joined you in Birthright.
Am I the only one who unironically thinks Iago is An amazing villain?
He even made spot 45 on my top 100 Fictional villains of all time

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well the ds games are already remakes so don't Count on it
I mean technically Shadow Dragon got remade twice, so a third time isn't entirely out of the question.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a time where 3 characters came together during Smash 4's DLC period or am I just confused in thinking Roy, Ryu, and Lucas all released at once?
They were all released on the same day, however Lucas was announced in April whereas Ryu and Roy were announced at E3 in June.

So it is indeed possible that we'll see a double announcement, but I wouldn't count on another triple release.
I feel like if we were to get a double announcement, it'd be more like the December 2015 Direct, rather than E3 2015.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean technically Shadow Dragon got remade twice, so a third time isn't entirely out of the question.
Wasn't there a version of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the Broadcast Satellaview as well? Or was it just a few unique "chapters".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn't there a version of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the Broadcast Satellaview as well? Or was it just a few unique "chapters".
Nah, BS Archanea Chronicles was a set of four new chapters detailing events before Shadow Dragon. They actually got remade as bonus maps in New Mystery.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys, I wasn’t super busy today and I decided to make a thing:

Edit: also gotta change some mistakes and typos which I can’t until next week.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Happy Birthday Blargg888 Blargg888

Also, while I know weapons don't have hurtboxes generally(since they aren't a literal part of a character's body), does Ivysaur's vines? I never tested this, and SmashWiki doesn't really keep a list of this information.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Blargg888 Blargg888 Did you see my birthday greeting?
Yep!
Happy Birthday, Blargg888 Blargg888 .

May the anniversary of your birth be an enjoyable one.
Happy Birthday, Blargg888 Blargg888 . You’re officially one day older than you were yesterday.
Thanks, I'm officially 20 years old, toda- OH GOD I'M 20 YEARS OLD.

*ahem*

Anyway, as of this summer, I'll also have been on this site for 5 years.

Kinda weird to think I've spent almost a quarter of my life posting on this site.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But what if one of the 3 is an Echo Fighter or even has a lot of work essentially done by using the skeleton and data of another fighter?

I could see that being a way we get 3 fighters in this upcoming Smash Direct/Mini Direct.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yep!

Thanks, I'm officially 20 years old, toda- OH GOD I'M 20 YEARS OLD.

*ahem*

Anyway, as of this summer, I'll also have been on this site for 5 years.

Kinda weird to think I've spent almost a quarter of my life posting on this site.
I have no clue what it's like. I've only spent 1/28th of my life on this site :yoshi:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Happy Birthday Blargg888 Blargg888

Also, while I know weapons don't have hurtboxes generally(since they aren't a literal part of a character's body), does Ivysaur's vines? I never tested this, and SmashWiki doesn't really keep a list of this information.
Thanks!

They don't, no. Ivysaur's F-Smash and up-tilt shove his hurtbox out pretty far. And when Ivysaur uses Up-tilt, the vines don't have hurtboxes. In fact, you can use Ivy's up-tilt to dodge certain low to the ground attacks.

F-Smash's vines can't be hit either. I once had a situation where I accidentally F-Smashed the wrong way and ended up dodging an attack because of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks!

They don't, no. Ivysaur's F-Smash and up-tilt shove his hurtbox out pretty far. And when Ivysaur uses Up-tilt, the vines don't have hurtboxes. In fact, you can use Ivy's up-tilt to dodge certain low to the ground attacks.

F-Smash's vines can't be hit either. I once had a situation where I accidentally F-Smashed the wrong way and ended up dodging an attack because of it.
So it's basically a disjoint like your typical weapon. Nice. I like weapon variety, and Ivysaur is quite helpful in that regard.

And you're quite welcome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just hypothetical stuff. Trying to look for a reason why they'd hype up 3.0 so much.
Besides that, we can get an Echo Fighter separately from the Fighter's Pass.

I'd use Piranha Plant as an example, but we have enough evidence to suggest it was a character meant for base, so isn't "regular" added DLC in that way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, no. I don't buy the whole "Plant was planned for base" thing.

The only thing we actually have evidence for is that Plant was already decided to be included and worked on before development of the base game was complete.
For all we know, Plant could have always been meant to be a bonus post-release character as incentive for pre-purchasing the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Like because I can't think of any other examples.

Joker and Brave are announced. Sakurai pulls a ''But we have one more surprise." and reveals a popular character that fits as an echo fighter but isn't one of the fighter pass characters and is free to everyone. Think someone like a Dixie Kong, etc.

Or....

Joke and Brave are announced. Brave is Erdrick, but they use a lot of Mii Gunner's model and data to craft Geno as a fighter as well and you have Figher Pack 2 and 3 both being the best of both worlds scenario for Square Enix and the fan want.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, this is a little off topic, but that shout Toad does kinda sounds to me like the Korean word, "PABO!" which literally means "Idiot".

So it's like he's insulting us every time he does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom