• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let’s build the Ultimate Pokémon hybrid. Combining DNA from the 10 most powerful Pokémon. We start with Mewtwo, Lucario, Deoxys, and Darkrai. Who are the next six?
Rayquaza, Arceus, Original Kyurem, Zygarde Complete, Necrozma

And Magikarp for a little levity.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All this talk about the cool/complex antagonists in the FE series and then Fates just drops Garon the Saturday morning cartoon villain. I haven't played too many of the older FE games but is there a worse villain than Garon?
Garon has the excuse of not being himself at least.

Gotta remember he isn't the true villain. He hadn't been for years.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But, like, let’s be real. Turban or no Turban the guy is a ****ing bad ***.

I hate that for real though. Like, I could read a book named Captain Phasma and like the character because the book makes her a good character. I could. But like, nah, man. I don’t want to read a book to watch a movie to know about a character.
If the Archanea saga ever gets another remake, I REALLY hope they add in the Memory Prisms that SoV introduced. That way we can actually see Medeus's fall from grace.

When Naga foresaw that all of the dragonkin would degenerate into feral beasts unless they sealed their powers in dragonstones, most of the other dragons thought it was heresy because they didn't want to be brought down to the same level as humans. The Earth Dragons, being the equivalent of the token Proud Warrior Race, nigh universally refused...except Medeus, hoping to act as a sort of ambassador for them. He was the only Earth Dragon to become a manakete. And then over time he watched his people devolve into mindless beasts. And then he grows embittered as he sees humans treating certain manaketes as second-class citizens, after the dragons had ruled for so long, as he's forced to stand guard, keeping watch over his fellow Earth Dragons.

And it's at that point that he rejects Naga. It was her decree that ruined the lives of essentially all dragons, save the divine dragons...of which Naga was, of course.

The dude's basically a jaded freedom fighter trying to regain the strength and power his people once had before they were cast away...but you don't get that from Medeus in-game because by the time you fight him he's gone nearly full-feral.

D

Deleted member

Rayquaza, Arceus, Original Kyurem, Zygarde Complete, Necrozma

And Magikarp for a little levity.
Gotta throw in some Lugia.
Arguably, I'd say Lugia should be picked for this role LONG before Lucario.

EDIT: I can't grammar tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You want to open a can of Wurmples with Pokémon canon?

Who came first Mew or Arceus?

I mean if Mew created ALL Pokémon would that include the Pokémon God?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wish Game Freak went back to making ingame events for the Mythical Pokemon.

Also stop with the GameStop and similar store events; just stick to the Mystery Gift items that let you go through the events. Stop making people go outside dang it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Worst villain is Hans.

He's literally just an asshole.

Garon is at least intimidating.

Iago is meme worthy and I love him for it.

Zola straight up should have joined you in Birthright.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Medeus is a weird case where he's actually kind of compelling in the expanded material, but basically none of it makes it into the games themselves.
That's one of the reasons why I'd like to see Archanea get a remaster of the DS games. There's a lot of lore and character details that flesh the world out and interesting to learn about, but a good chunk of it gets stuck in the manual. So a lot of fans tend to miss that information and write off the country when it actually has a lot of depth to it. Putting in Echoes' Memory Prisms for instance would be a great way to expand the lore within the game proper as you could explore things like Naga's war with the Earth Dragons, Medeus losing faith in humanity, and Gharnef's jealousy leading the creation of the Imhullu without dumping too much of it in the story proper.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m thinking about this because I think a God of War/Bayonetta style game staring Mewtwo where the enemies are all monsterous hybrid Pokémon would be cool.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For real, Zola was extremely underutilized. He should have joined the heroes in Birthright, because Corrin showing mercy and Takumi's acceptance actually did affect him. He actually has character development.

LET HIM CONTINUE BEING INtERESTING.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m thinking about this because I think a God of War/Bayonetta style game staring Mewtwo where the enemies are all Monterey’s hybrid Pokémon would be cool.
So, a hack'n slash game?

An action hero that uses telekinesis sounds cool, but not sure how well it fits to Pokemon verse. Not to mention, Mewtwo probably wouldn't be a good action hero; he doesn't use weapons and his body type isn't suitable for pulling off athletics that you'd expect in that kind of game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Garon has the excuse of not being himself at least.

Gotta remember he isn't the true villain. He hadn't been for years.
All the (major) Fire Emblem villains have something that makes them interesting, regardless of whether the games play to that strength.

I'm too tired to go into depth about the early game villains' motivations though.
You want to open a can of Wurmples with Pokémon canon?

Who came first Mew or Arceus?

I mean if Mew created ALL Pokémon would that include the Pokémon God?
What if Mew and Arceus are actually the same Pokémon?

Like Mew is Arceus' 'Piccolo'.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, a hack'n slash game?

An action hero that uses telekinesis sounds cool, but not sure how well it fits to Pokemon verse. Not to mention, Mewtwo probably wouldn't be a good action hero; he doesn't use weapons and his body type isn't suitable for pulling off athletics that you'd expect in that kind of game.
Eh. It would need finessing to pull it off. That’s why the first one I listed was god of war. That game doesn’t really do a lot of flippy ****, just rushing in and beating dudes up. As for weapons.... dude telekinesis is all he needs. Then again I’m the weirdo who never uses the alt weapons in those games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, I’d say Gangrel more than Walhart. Walhart is just a funny villain.

Chrom: “Why are you invading everything?”

Walhart: “Because y’all a bunch of punk *** *******.”

At least I think that’s how it went. Haven’t played Awakening in a looooong while.
The Valm Arc in Awakening is often called a filler segment, but I'd argue it's incredibly important to Chrom's growth as a character more than anything, and much of that comes from his interactions with Walhart.

Walhart believes in strength above all else, that military might is needed to survive in their world. He's the complete antithesis of Emmeryn, who at that point Chrom was trying to live up to. And we see that Walhart is actually pretty damn charismatic, with the conversations Chrom has with Cervantes and Pheros (the latter of which is CRIMINALLY UNDERUSED IN AWAKENING, I might add...). And their devotion to him stems from one thing: his earnest belief in his own strength. At this point in the story, Chrom is still adjusting to being the acting Exalt, and hasn't yet come into his own yet. He doesn't stand for anything yet. He's still learning. Walhart, meanwhile, challenges Chrom's beliefs. And his belief in his own strength is even enough for him to take down Basilio, who up until that point was seen as a nigh-invincible fighter.

And in their final confrontation, Chrom even takes a page from Emmeryn's book and attempts to offer him mercy. But Walhart won't accept due to his unshakable faith in his own strength, and Chrom apologizes to Emm under his breath before killing Walhart for good if you don't do his paralogue. And the cruel irony of it all? The reason Walhart was building his empire up in the first place was because of the looming threat of the Grimleal. He and Chrom were unknowingly fighting the same war, but Walhart was being manipulated by a Grimleal sage...none other than Excellus. A mighty titan of a man, deceived by a man he had called nothing but a cowardly worm.

My one major disappointment with Walhart though? He didn't have a battle conversation with Virion. What the hell, IS, he literally usurped Virion's country and they don't say so much as a word to each other? At least Say'ri had a conversation with Excellus, which makes sense because he's directly responsible for Yen'fay's death, but poor Virion got nothing.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay , little game

You have to make a Fusion of 2 characters in Smash
What 2 characters you choose?

For me: Yoshi and Marth, becouse i want to see a Lizard Marth
A few ideas:

Marth and Roy:
The entire sword is one massive sweetspot.

Has:
Marth's Up Special, Down-air, F-Tilt, Up-Tilt, and Sword Length
Roy's Ground & Air Speed, F-Smash, Jab, Back Throw and Down Throw

Up Smash is Multi-hit like Roy's, but the final hit does as much damage and KB as Marth's sweetspot Up-Smash.
Neutral B is just Flare Blade, but it breaks shields just as well as Shield Breaker does.
The Counter multipliers are multiplied, giving this character a 1.62 damage multiplier on their Counter. It still does fire damage.
Up B can be angled as steep as Roy's, and it still does fire damage.
Down Air has the meteor hitbox at both the tip and hilt, and it still does fire damage
Double Edged Dancing Blade does fire damage.
Final Smash is Roy's Critical Hit animation, but the explosion travels horizontally across the screen and hits anything it touches with the force of Marth's critical hit.
Up throw has Marth's knockback, but Roy's damage output.

Shulk and Cloud
More of a loose combination, no standard attack specifics, but they have both Limit Charge and Monado Arts.
Side B is Cross Slash
Up B is Air Slash

Miis and Pokemon Trainer
Instead of switching between Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, you switch between Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner.
Because **** it, why not?

Pokemon Trainer and Olimar
Instead of plucking PIkmin and throwing them, you pluck Pokeballs and throw them.

Ice Climbers and Ike
Ike Climbers
Literally just Ike and a second Ike

Chrom and Richter
This character has all of Chrom's moves (except throws), but the sword is as long as Richter's whip.
This character has Richter's throws.
Whenever a move is successfully countered, Chrom says, "Take this!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, a hack'n slash game?

Give him the Spoon Sword and call it a day.

Also, Astral Chain is confirmed to have multiplayer and if you pick one of the two characters shown, the other still appears in the main story as your twin

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Valm Arc in Awakening is often called a filler segment, but I'd argue it's incredibly important to Chrom's growth as a character more than anything, and much of that comes from his interactions with Walhart.

Walhart believes in strength above all else, that military might is needed to survive in their world. He's the complete antithesis of Emmeryn, who at that point Chrom was trying to live up to. And we see that Walhart is actually pretty damn charismatic, with the conversations Chrom has with Cervantes and Pheros (the latter of which is CRIMINALLY UNDERUSED IN AWAKENING, I might add...). And their devotion to him stems from one thing: his earnest belief in his own strength. At this point in the story, Chrom is still adjusting to being the acting Exalt, and hasn't yet come into his own yet. He doesn't stand for anything yet. He's still learning. Walhart, meanwhile, challenges Chrom's beliefs. And his belief in his own strength is even enough for him to take down Basilio, who up until that point was seen as a nigh-invincible fighter.

And in their final confrontation, Chrom even takes a page from Emmeryn's book and attempts to offer him mercy. But Walhart won't accept due to his unshakable faith in his own strength, and Chrom apologizes to Emm under his breath before killing Walhart for good if you don't do his paralogue. And the cruel irony of it all? The reason Walhart was building his empire up in the first place was because of the looming threat of the Grimleal. He and Chrom were unknowingly fighting the same war, but Walhart was being manipulated by a Grimleal sage...none other than Excellus. A mighty titan of a man, deceived by a man he had called nothing but a cowardly worm.

My one major disappointment with Walhart though? He didn't have a battle conversation with Virion. What the hell, IS, he literally usurped Virion's country and they don't say so much as a word to each other? At least Say'ri had a conversation with Excellus, which makes sense because he's directly responsible for Yen'fay's death, but poor Virion got nothing.
Walhart is Jiren: a guy in red and black who believes strength is everything; who everyone thinks is a boring character.

More seriously, since Valm is Valentia hundreds of years in the future, is it possible that Walhart is the reincarnation of Duma? They have very similar philosophies.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay , little game

You have to make a Fusion of 2 characters in Smash
What 2 characters you choose?

For me: Yoshi and Marth, becouse i want to see a Lizard Marth
Mario and Sonic
Link and Cloud
Bayonetta and Snake
Joker and Ryu
Fire Emblem Mega Fusion (Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Chrom)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh. It would need finessing to pull it off. That’s why the first one I listed was god of war. That game doesn’t really do a lot of flippy ****, just rushing in and beating dudes up. As for weapons.... dude telekinesis is all he needs. Then again I’m the weirdo who never uses the alt weapons in those games.
Eh, guilty as charged, I'm too used to over-the-top action games like DMC or Bayonetta.

Give him the Spoon Sword and call it a day.

Also, Astral Chain is confirmed to have multiplayer and if you pick one of the two characters shown, the other still appears in the main story as your twin
That's a cool way to deal with having two main characters. I approve.

Fire Emblem Mega Fusion (Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Chrom)
What a crowded two.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, a hack'n slash game?

I remember having an idea like that before but for a different series and protagonist...
42740BB3-EB7A-4315-9D96-D6B4C36039A4.png

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Walhart is Jiren: a guy in red who believes strength is everything; who everyone thinks is a boring character.

More seriously, since Valm is Valentia hundreds of years in the future, is it possible that Walhart is the reincarnation of Duma (they have very similar philosophies)?
Less so Duma, since Duma's remains are actually what formed the Demon's Ingle, but it's kinda-sorta implied that Walhart MAY be a lost descendant of Alm and Celica, or at least believes he is.

The timeline gets a bit funky here because SoV's epilogue says Alm's dynasty lasted a thousand years, but Walhart live 2000 years after Alm and Celica did, but the 1000 years lines up with the Schism that occurred when Grima first arose outside of Forneus's workshop. It's possible that in the devastation the then-current last descendant died fighting Grima, explaining why the Valentian Falchion isn't in Awakening, but then it's also possible there was an illegitimate heir born without the royal family knowing, or the records of it being destroyed. Walhart could have then descended from that heir.

The fact that Alm's overclass in SoV is literally the Conqueror class and that Rudolf was redesigned to look a lot closer to Walhart makes me think they very much intended for him to be seen as a descendant of Alm and Celica. There's even kind of a parallel for Celica with Pheros but Awakening didn't expand upon it as much as it should have.

Honestly so many things would be answered if we actually got a game detailing the Schism and the rise of the First Exalt.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just realised something. Walhart is officially romanised as "Valhart" in Japan, using the the same characters as Valm.

ヴァルハルト = Valhart/Walhart
ヴァルム = Valm

Valhart is the "Heart of Valm".
Less so Duma, since Duma's remains are actually what formed the Demon's Ingle, but it's kinda-sorta implied that Walhart MAY be a lost descendant of Alm and Celica, or at least believes he is.

The timeline gets a bit funky here because SoV's epilogue says Alm's dynasty lasted a thousand years, but Walhart live 2000 years after Alm and Celica did, but the 1000 years lines up with the Schism that occurred when Grima first arose outside of Forneus's workshop. It's possible that in the devastation the then-current last descendant died fighting Grima, explaining why the Valentian Falchion isn't in Awakening, but then it's also possible there was an illegitimate heir born without the royal family knowing, or the records of it being destroyed. Walhart could have then descended from that heir.

The fact that Alm's overclass in SoV is literally the Conqueror class and that Rudolf was redesigned to look a lot closer to Walhart makes me think they very much intended for him to be seen as a descendant of Alm and Celica. There's even kind of a parallel for Celica with Pheros but Awakening didn't expand upon it as much as it should have.

Honestly so many things would be answered if we actually got a game detailing the Schism and the rise of the First Exalt.
Duma's spirit could have left his body to get reincarnated as a Human when Alm killed him.

It's not like reincarnation is totally out of the question, since Tiki implies Lucina might be the reincarnation of Marth.

I actually kind of like the idea of combining the two theories: "Alm's descendant 2000 years later is the reincarnation of Duma."

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys! What's up? Just finished up a long (and frustrating) Quickplay session. And no... I'm still not in Elite yet.

I’m thinking about this because I think a God of War/Bayonetta style game staring Mewtwo where the enemies are all monsterous hybrid Pokémon would be cool.
It's kind of funny you mention this...

I'd always had this weird idea of a hack-n-slash/Warriors game starring the Legendary/Mythical Pokemon. It's one of those things I never think will happen, but I'd love to see.

So I'd definitely be down w/ something like this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What’s Original Kyurem? Can’t find any pics online and the wiki isn’t giving me a straight answer.
It's never seen in-game, but it's the completed form of the Original Dragon that separated into Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a time where 3 characters came together during Smash 4's DLC period or am I just confused in thinking Roy, Ryu, and Lucas all released at once?

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's never seen in-game, but it's the completed form of the Original Dragon that separated into Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem.
Frankly, I'm surprised that the Original Dragon isn't thing you can form in the games.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Anybody want him for smash?
View attachment 192584
I’m taking over Victoria’s Secret I’m taking over Best Buy the news is mine and everyone else can leave! YOU SEE THAT PLANET?! IM TAKING IT TOO!!!

I admit he was one of my guilty wants. If it meant teaming up with Bowser, or even just having him so we could have another villain and a remix of his themes, then most definitely yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom