• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if Joker is a Robin clone?
They'd need to give him a sword and an electrical sword, make him slow for no reason and take away his gun/athletic abilities. It doesn't make the slightest sense.

Though it's fun to imagine his specials: Zio/Zionga/Ziodyne/Thunder Reign, Agilao, Magaru, Life Leech

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
A random thought just hit me.. What if they did a Pokemon Conquest 2 but it was Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Dynasty Warriors) rather than Nobunaga's Ambition (Samurai Warriors)?

Edit: caught the typo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
jokers blade looks like an oversized clock hand

D

Deleted member

They'd need to give him a sword and an electrical sword, make him slow for no reason and take away his gun/athletic abilities. It doesn't make the slightest sense.

Though it's fun to imagine his specials: Zio/Zionga/Ziodyne/Thunder Reign, Agilao, Magaru, Life Leech
A lot of things in smash make no sense. Lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ok. People who know about Fire Emblem. If you had to pick 4 characters to add to the rider based solely on uniqueness, who would you choose. The only one I know is Medeus.
Hmm...

Black Knight
Hector
Ephraim

I'd say someone like Caeda or Camilla, but constant fliers would look super awkward. :laugh:

So I'll give a shout-out to Merric for Opossum Opossum .
"Isaac would have been an assist regardless of popularity"

Well, that's kind of a jerk move if true, Nintendo.

Let's say, hypothetically, that Isaac topped the Ballot: "Man, this character is really popular. Can't make him a fighter though, he doesn't have a recent game."

Roberk

Smash Champion
Ok. People who know about Fire Emblem. If you had to pick 4 characters to add to the rider based solely on uniqueness, who would you choose. The only one I know is Medeus.
Leif from Thracia 776: He’s one of the only characters who can promote to Master Knight, which gives him a mount and allows him to use literally every weapon type except dark magic.

Cordelia/Whitewings: Cordelia is the most popular and the Whitewing sisters are iconic, Pegasus knights would wield lances and of course ride flying mounts. Disclaimer: I have no idea how to implement a Pegasus knight into Smash’s gameplay.

Any dedicated Mage: magic is rare in Smash and FE has plenty of things like anima magic (elemental), dark magic, and light magic that can be used in a moveset.

Takumi: I think archery is something that Smash has always had but never expanded upon past a neutral special, and Takumi is the most popular archer and capable of adding his own unique flair/powers to a moveset to make it interesting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just saw this
Hector: Big dude with axes
Black Knight: Huge dude with huge sword and blade beams
Lyn: Fast as ****, has katana and bow
Celica: Has powerful as **** magic but takes damage when using it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Medeus is a pretty meh choice. I'd argue he's actually awful.

I'll give ya some suggestions.

I'll assume that mounted characters are a no go due to design issues.

Hector is an armor and wields an axe.
Ephriam wields a spear.
Micaiah and Lilina could be full mages instead of Robin's Mage Knight.
Tiki transforms completely into a dragon.
Takumi could give you an archer based moveset, along with wind powers.
Jakob and Felicia and Kaze could give you a projectile based Ninja.
Black Knight is the only FE villain that should ever be considered and he has a huge sword and heavy ass armor.
While more minor, Panne, Keaton, Kaden, Lethe, etc could all be beast characters who fight like were wolves
Ultra minor but Fates has a ton of strange classes, like the mechanist where you can create a copy of yourself.

Lots of stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just saw this
Hector: Big dude with axes
Black Knight: Huge dude with huge sword and blade beams
Lyn: Fast as ****, has katana and bow
Celica: Has powerful as **** magic but takes damage when using it
Dang, I forgot to rep Lyn in my four.

Too focused on "too many Swordies", I guess.

You can elaborate a bit on Hector; his signature weapon, Armads, is a lightning axe.

Lyn would be great if she was super agile and her attacks kept her constantly moving around, it would make her really different from the other sword users, hell, it would make her different from all the other characters.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Cordelia/Whitewings, one of the Valentia villagers, Jedah, and a Manakete.

All 4 would be pretty unique
Gonna elaborate on these:

Cordelia/Whitewings: We don't have a mounted fighter, and a Pegasus would solve the issue of recovery. Cordelia is probably the most popular one, but the Whitewings are the most recurring.

Valentian Villagers: Class Change system. I don't know how it would work, but it would be very unique.

Jedah: A dark magic using villian who can summon monsters, in addition to his other magic. Very unique.

Manakete: Transforming into a dragon is cool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ephriam wields a spear.
Black Knight is the only FE villain that should ever be considered and he has a huge sword and heavy *** armor.
While more minor, Panne, Keaton, Kaden, Lethe, etc could all be beast characters who fight like were wolves
Ultra minor but Fates has a ton of strange classes, like the mechanist where you can create a copy of yourself.

Lots of stuff.
You really think they couldn’t make a cool moveset out of an Earth Dragon Warlock? He’s the villain of the first Fire Emblem for pete’s sake!

D

Deleted member

Other than sup ma ma 2 and that joker model tease (which is starting to becoming a meme) Can we all take a moment of scilence on how links awakening is getting remade and we’re getting another version of this beauty?...

This is by far a great instrumental remix

I’m getting this game

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You really think they couldn’t make a cool moveset out of an Earth Dragon Warlock? He’s the villain of the first Fire Emblem for pete’s sake!
OH sure they could make a neat move set.

But nobody gives two ****s about Medeus.

Like for real, he's upstaged by Gharnef of all people, who people mistake for the villain of the first game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
First =/= Good
Read my lips. Earth. Dragon.

Like for real, he's upstaged by Gharnef of all people, who people mistake for the villain of the first game.
I don’t care. This is the weird/obscure pick i back and I back it whole heartedly. Medeus is my Plant.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Cordelia/Whitewings: We don't have a mounted fighter, and a Pegasus would solve the issue of recovery. Cordelia is probably the most popular one, but the Whitewings are the most recurring.
Well, personally I think if they had a flier it would have to be Caeda because she was the first.
First =/= Good
Quiet, you.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Read my lips. Earth. Dragon.

I don’t care. This is the weird/obscure pick i back and I back it whole heartedly. Medeus is my Plant.

You know Medeus isn't actually an earth bender right?

Like... Please, if you want a villain, go for Black Knight... He's the only villain to break the top 100 popular characters for Pete's sake.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

You know Medeus isn't actually an earth bender right?

Like... Please, if you want a villain, go for Black Knight... He's the only villain to break the top 100 popular characters for Pete's sake.
In other words, you should know his place.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well, personally I think if they had a flier it would have to be Caeda because she was the first..
That makes sence. The only FE games I've played are FE Echoes and Awakening, so that's where my characters came from. I think Caeda with a Cordelia echo (or vice versa) would be best.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Medeus is just boring as hell. Gharnef is too though. Hardin though? We can talk about Hardin.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What does he do If he’s an earth dragon then?

Black Knight? Swordfighter. No.
He breathes fire and has dark magic. That's pretty much it.

It's like you read skimmed a wiki article but skipped the relevant parts.

As for the Swordfighter bit... Fine. Go for Gharnef. He's probably the next most notable villain. He's a pure dark Mage, which we don't have yet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He uhhhh
He breathes earth fire

Also Black Knight has sword lasers and is a goddamn Knight
Well then Gannondorf/Ridley this mofo and make him an earthbender. That would be so coool. Like Tremor from Mortal Kombat.

You’ve yet to make Black Knight sound cool or unique. For heavens sake, people thought he would work as an Ike echo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He breathes fire and has dark magic. That's pretty much it.

It's like you read skimmed a wiki article but skipped the relevant parts.

As for the Swordfighter bit... Fine. Go for Gharnef. He's probably the next most notable villain. He's a pure dark Mage, which we don't have yet.
Then why is he an earth element character and not like... dark type or something?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Medeus is just boring as hell. Gharnef is too though. Hardin though? We can talk about Hardin.
EDIT: Just noticed I quoted this and then didn't say anything. WHOOPS.
I’m torn between Oboro and Nephenee as a spear/Naginata wielder.
Nino could work as a pure mage as well.
And I can’t really think of anything Arthur has over Hector right now.
Arthur has JUSTICE (and terrible luck)!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Ephriam wields a spear.
Black Knight is the only FE villain that should ever be considered and he has a huge sword and heavy *** armor.

Lots of stuff.
Medeus I think would be a fine character to implement. Shapeshifting is Corrin's niche, but the character does focus on different elements and attacks that Medeus could easily cover, with his Earth abilities being the big highlight of that. If they focused on that the character could easily stand out from Corrin, as well as the other dragons like Charizard or Ridley.

I do agree Black Knight would be a stronger addition if we're talking villains though, seeing him as an AT gave a real good taste for what the character could do in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom