• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate NO KOAST 3! (MW-W Circuit Championships!)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Important update, everyone please read.

As per the unified ruleset now being implemented across he country, I am going to be changing the UNK3 stage list once again (nothing regarding gameplay rules will be changed this tournament). The new stage list is as follows:

1. Battlefield
2. Battleship Halberd
3. Brinstar
4. Castle Siege
5. Delfino Plaza
6. Final Destination
7. Lylat Cruise
8. Pokemon Stadium 1
9. Pokémon Stadium 2
10. Frigate Orpheon
11. Picto Chat
12. Rainbow Cruise
13. Smashville
14. Yoshi's Island

This is the same stage list we were already using, just minus the inclusion of Norfair (*sadface*).

Dnyce

Smash Master
Im open to any mm's.
$5?
Important update, everyone please read.

As per the unified ruleset now being implemented across the country, I am going to be changing the UNK3 stage list once again (nothing regarding gameplay rules will be changed this tournament). The new stage list is as follows:

1. Battlefield
2. Battleship Halberd
3. Brinstar
4. Castle Siege
5. Delfino Plaza
6. Final Destination
7. Lylat Cruise
8. Pokemon Stadium 1
9. Pokémon Stadium 2
10. Frigate Orpheon
11. Picto Chat
12. Rainbow Cruise
13. Smashville
14. Yoshi's Island

This is the same stage list we were already using, just minus the inclusion of Norfair (*sadface*).
That's fine...

All that mk/pika practice for nothin tho =/

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yep. It's going to be a two-day event, where Saturday we do doubles bracket and singles pools, and Sunday we do singles bracket and some other events. This is going to be as hyped as NO KOASTv2, and it's independently ran.

Trent

Smash Champion
I dunno, last time we had pools (Kahoka) people goofed around and there was terrible seeding due to that.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wait...................Last time we didn't even NEED to do pools. Last time im pretty sure EVERYONE made it out of pools because we only had like 30 some people :(

If that happens again wouldn't it be better to just do it all in one day? Just saying :/

Also would anyone like to team with me? :3

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I take it you haven't been to NOKOASTv2. This tournament will be as big as NKv2, if not bigger.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
I take it you haven't been to NOKOASTv2. This tournament will be as big as NKv2, if not bigger.
But i was there D:
I just can't play on sunday cause of church. So i was wondering if it could be done all on saturday. But if it can't i understand. Ill just have to **** my MM's :p

Teh Future

Smash Master
umm this is not gonna be bigger than nokoast 2 lo theres too much going on around it plus nokoast 2 you guys did in 1 day anyways (barely lol but still).

idk why you guys think 2 days is necessary -___- prob means more people from stl wont come.. but whatever more smash for those that do :]]]]]]]

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm not taking the tournament back to wichita if it ran over time. The venue is much farther away from houses than previous ones. I can't think of a single Kansas tournament that EVER finished in its allotted time frame in a single day. We need two days to keep to a schedule because people take too ****ing long to play their matches and then time out half the games lol

If I scheduled it to one day half the people would whine and bawl about how you couldn't play friendlies and I DQed half of them for wandering off for lunch when matches need to played and then having to cram a ton of people into a tiny room again to finish the matches at 2 in the morning (meanwhile *****ing and moaning about how late it is despite it only running so late because people held up the tournament). This has happened every tournament. At this point, I find it a safe bet to say we need a two day schedule to get anything done.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm not taking the tournament back to wichita if it ran over time. The venue is much farther away from houses than previous ones. I can't think of a single Kansas tournament that EVER finished in its allotted time frame in a single day. We need two days to keep to a schedule because people take too ****ing long to play their matches and then time out half the games lol

If I scheduled it to one day half the people would whine and bawl about how you couldn't play friendlies and I DQed half of them for wandering off for lunch when matches need to played and then having to cram a ton of people into a tiny room again to finish the matches at 2 in the morning (meanwhile *****ing and moaning about how late it is despite it only running so late because people held up the tournament). This has happened every tournament. At this point, I find it a safe bet to say we need a two day schedule to get anything done.
I didn't agree until I read this.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why wouldn't it be? >_>. I hope it is... lol

TP

Smash Master

If time outs are an issue and this tournament has plenty of spare time, you could raise the time limit to nine minutes.

It's not a big deal, but it's worth considering.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
If time outs are an issue and this tournament has plenty of spare time, you could raise the time limit to nine minutes.

It's not a big deal, but it's worth considering.
Yeah, because longer Brawl matches are what we need.

I see where you're coming from, you think that if we raise it to 9, it'd be too hard to time people out, but that's just not true. Granted, it may be for some people, it definitely isn't for the whole. I mean, we've already seen Domo time out MJG with a 9 minute clock. So with Sonics and MJG here, I don't think another minute would stop them from timing out their opponent. It just isn't reasonable.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
MJG got a time out on CO when they both had two stocks left, I think.
An extra minute wouldn't have changed the timeout. Lol, good thought though.

Top Bottom