• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hi I'm Nastyy's Skrull videos were great! His team composition makes me think Wesker compliments Skrull well and I really like Wesker, but what are some other strong partners for Skrull? Would Senor Vajra (Strider) be a good compliment to him?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's going to be without messing up something else in the game

for whatever reason, if you land a move really close to the ground and then hold up, the game thinks you never touched the ground

this is why the infinites work

so now the team has to go and fix this without breaking something else is going to be the challenge, the easiest solution would be to remove the HSD shenanigans that TACs have, but capcom will probably find some other stupid stuff to do

what makes it sad is that so far, zero is probably the only character who can't pull tihs off

TL?

Smash Ace
so now the team has to go and fix this without breaking something else is going to be the challenge, the easiest solution would be to remove the HSD shenanigans that TACs have, but capcom will probably find some other stupid stuff to do
Why does everyone think this? Do people just dislike TACs so much that they want to think TACs will get nerfed? The simple solution is to fix the glitch where it doesn't register characters as landing during the startup of an air normal. That's all they have to do, and probably all they will do.

Sounds like Niitsuma's going to pull the team back together and fix the TAC infinite exploit.
More wishful thinking? This is something that literally one person can fix.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it is not one person, there are like 28439204832 people needed to double check if this breaks anything else

and TACs are dumb, a roll of the dice combo that now has so much benefit that there is no reason to use it, you can't react to it to stop it and now who ever gets the first hit now has a huge advantage over the other person, like how about

5 bars + xfactor + 3 people alive advantage

TL?

Smash Ace
it is not one person, there are like 28439204832 people needed to double check if this breaks anything else.
Why would anything else break by adding one line to the air normal landing state that registers your character as having hit the ground? Obviously everything gets tested. One guy could fix this and pass it off to the QA department. But the fact that you think that capcom has an extreme amount of people to test one minor fix is pretty funny. Also funny that the rolento glitch made it past these 28439204832 people on a much more significant patch. :bee:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
as someone who lived with two software engineering majors, i can say that sometimes when you change a line of code, it has an effect on something else

we don't know why, it just can, it's why it has to be tested, it's not a simple 1-2-3 fix, kinda like what happened with rolento in SFxT, they fixed a line of code for something, and something "unrelated" to it changed

clearly capcom did not test every scenario and were lazy with the fix, they learned from it and it probably won't happen again

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Are you talking about the item toss infinite? That's humanly impossible, it takes frame perfect timing for every input

:phone:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
it is not one person, there are like 28439204832 people needed to double check if this breaks anything else

and TACs are dumb, a roll of the dice combo that now has so much benefit that there is no reason to use it, you can't react to it to stop it and now who ever gets the first hit now has a huge advantage over the other person, like how about

5 bars + xfactor + 3 people alive advantage
This is why evo will be amazing!

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Combofiend seemed pretty aloof about it. And he had good points. Most have to be down exchange (this ****s over Phoenix only, really), require you to be in the corner (once again, for most), and require tight execution.

Meanwhile, Zero...

TL?

Smash Ace
as someone who lived with two software engineering majors, i can say that sometimes when you change a line of code, it has an effect on something else

we don't know why, it just can, it's why it has to be tested, it's not a simple 1-2-3 fix, kinda like what happened with rolento in SFxT, they fixed a line of code for something, and something "unrelated" to it changed

clearly capcom did not test every scenario and were lazy with the fix, they learned from it and it probably won't happen again
We do know why. Code is not random, in fact not even random number generators in games are truely random. Code cannot break unrelated things. If changing one line breaks something else then that something is completely related to that code. Programming is very explicit and scientific. Things don't magically break. Btw, knowing two guys who write code is not a credential lol. I have a degree in computer science, write games, and write code as my job. Based on my experiences, I'm saying this fix seems like it would be relatively simple, and unlikely to break other stuff.

And obviously capcom did not test every scenario, because that is impossible in a reasonable amount of time. Testing cannot prove something has 0 faults or errors, all it can do is attempt to find as many faults as they can to fix. There is a serious element of luck to software testing as well. You're also making the assumption that capcom has improved their QA department since rolento. I highly doubt this. But again, this is kind of irrelevant in this case because this glitch is actually very simple.

tl;dr: They could probably fix this glitch and be reasonably sure it works in a day or two. :)

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so Im going to be picking up UMVC3 within the month, and after watching some videos, I've determined that I for sure want to use Zero, now I have just a few questions.

1. Any tips for new people just starting out.
2. Any people I should watch to see what they do? I've been watching a lot of Flocker so far...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's so fake

antman? ****ing antman?

seriously, he's already in hawkeye's level 3, why the **** would he be his own character

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It doesn't take someone who reads comics to know that the Ant-Man with Hawkeye is Scott Lang and not Hank Pym.

Actually I guess it does but whatever. Hank Pym as Ant-Man by himself > 99% of all requests I've seen.

TL?

Smash Ace
Not to mention it claims a release date of august 15th. Nothing ever gets announced less than a month and a half before release. This would mean it would have to be finished by next week at the latest, having done zero location tests.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't care who is antman but why the hell would you have antman as a hyper and then as a character

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
More importantly, why would Cyclops wear his '90s outfit when he'd be in the game advertising modern X-Men? That doesn't make any sense.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
can someone show me the official umvc3 tier list I keep searched for it in google but I can't tell which one is the official

Top Bottom