• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there isn't one

the one on eventhubs sucks major **** (it's terrible)

the shoryuken one is more accurate but there really isn't a tier list out there, there's too many variables to accurately make one

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
can someone show me the official umvc3 tier list I keep searched for it in google but I can't tell which one is the official
Basically, the only things people will ever agree on regarding tier placement:

1. Zero, Viper, Magneto, and Doom are top tier.
  2. Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright are bottom tier.
  3. Wesker is top 10.
Everything else is subject to change.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix wright is obviously bottom tier. And omg magneto is a top tier <3

As for Dr. doom, welp I can already tell..
Foot Dive!!!

:troll:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero, viper, magneto, dorm, vergil, dante, firebrand, wesker, doom, phoenix

my top 10 characters in the game

i wouldn't put doom in top tier though, he gets top 10 for his assists, he's not that good on point, everyone else in the top 10 pretty much ****s on him in that area

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
zero, viper, magneto, dorm, vergil, dante, firebrand, wesker, doom, phoenix

my top 10 characters in the game

i wouldn't put doom in top tier though, he gets top 10 for his assists, he's not that good on point, everyone else in the top 10 pretty much ****s on him in that area
Nevermind. I didn't see the edit.

I still feel Firebrand isn't top ten. Beyond that, I agree with your list.

Smooth Criminal

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Firebrand is too scary. Zak Bennet hype may make some people over rate him right now, but he's one of the best point characters in the game.

*Obviously not calling out mood4food77 riding the Bennet hype train, but I've seen people go from "Firebrand sucks" to "omg Viper potential"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what surprises me is how people were escaping marlinpie's THC and focus attack setups last night. so crazy.

x factor snap! x factor armor piercer!

i didnt know about those

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fair enough, Giant (Thrill). It could be that I'm just getting an earful of casual hype and I'm getting annoyed. Lol.

I'm curious, though. Why is he one of the better point characters in the game? I mean, I can see in certain match-ups where his mobility can really lead to some pretty fuzzy situations and can open characters up, but it really seems like he needs a solid assist to help get an offense going in regards to everyone else (then again, who doesn't benefit from a really good assist?) thanks to his normals being really short-ranged (but also really good). His damage output is also *** until you tack on a DHC or burn three levels of meter.

I hate sounding noobish, but I'm just not seeing the bigger picture here.

Smooth Criminal

mood4food77

Smash Hero
firebrand is a more mobile but less damaging viper

seriously, you don't block firebrand and he's a hard as hell mother****er to hit

his zoning is great, he covers pretty much all important areas of the screen with his fireball and his command dash move lets him get in and out of zones with ease

he's incredibly mobile, maybe the most mobile character in the game, which makes his neutral game amazing without an assist (only zero's neutral game is better without an assist)

firebrand and viper has real similar corner game destruction, call ammy, let shenanigans begin, it's really stupid, he's got flight and that vertical command dash that's ****ing faster than light (i saw zak do it and holy ****, it's ********)

and to top it all off...he's got an unblockable move in which the set-ups cannot be CC'd (i've tried...firebrand wins pretty much all the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XxqjLFlxPck

it's really stupid, he's like viper

mood4food77

Smash Hero
viper would be s tier if ex-seismo was the only broken thing about her....unfortunately, it isn't

firebrand doesn't need a neutral game assist, unlike every other character in the game

seriously, the **** marlinpie and zak bennet do with those characters is only scratching the surface

sanchaz

Smash Lord
viper would be s tier if ex-seismo was the only broken thing about her....unfortunately, it isn't

firebrand doesn't need a neutral game assist, unlike every other character in the game

seriously, the **** marlinpie and zak bennet do with those characters is only scratching the surface
vergil, regular phoenix, zero, and magneto are still pretty damn good.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
From what I've heard he was the only one. Must've been some bogus fairy tale lol

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i know the other characters are, but they feel more fleshed out than viper and firebrand, considering the bs they can do

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Best part of the panel:
Attendee: Why are Spider-Man's assists so bad?
Niitsuma: Maybe you should learn how to use them
Crowd: OOOOOOOOOOH!
*paraphrased

You can tell Niitsuma wants/wanted to do everything he could with Marvel but just can't anymore. All the cut stuff looked cool, that combo mechanic was....interesting.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Is it bad that I like using x-23?

Currently using Zero, X-23 and switching between Dante, chun-li and Ryu

:phone:
If anything, it's bad that you like using Chun-Li, and that's coming from someone that plays her. She brings absolutely nothing of value to your team. She has no approach options, so she's dependent on projectile assists to be able to get in, and Zero's isn't very good. She's also completely impossible to control in X-Factor because of the outrageous speed boost she gets. The only assist worth using scales your combo damage horribly. Her only saving graces are her outrageous solo damage output and easy meter building, but she needs to be able to get close to the opponent to use them. The only place you can really use her is on point with a beam or high-speed projectile assist. She's terrible at everything else.

X-23 at least brings an off-the-ground assist to the table, which helps extend Ryu's combos. Zero and Dante on the same team are a no-brainer.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I actually like using x23s assist to get in as chun li. I'm working out some really jank combos. I know x-23 is like bottom tier

:phone:
Bottom tier? She's mid-tier. Easily. Her damage is decent and she has plenty of ways to mix up the opponent with Mirage Feint. Chun-Li, however, is bottom tier. Excellent damage? Check. Unparalleled meter building capability? Check. No way to get in to use them? Check. Trust me, Ankle Slice and Neck Slice aren't going to cut it when you need a way to get Chun in.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
chun-li is ***

x-23 is alright, she can actually deal a good amount of damage

but she doesn't seem she would have a place on a team of zero/dante, you're better off using someone else

Top Bottom