• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rw7ScJijWPI#t=112s

Runnin' Sets is so much fun to watch. Combofiend is just ridiculous, his resets are just too good
"This one's for you Morph!"
"Damn right it's my house, that's why there's blood on the walls"
"Yo that's about to be the fastest video on youtube, that's like a 4 minute video, that ain't fair. Fastest Running Sets video ever seen!"

Combofiend's trash talk is too ****ing funny. Now I'm just waiting for Combo vs Yipes.

Savon

Smash Ace
Apparently there was a Rocket Racoon moveset leak.

From Noble Cactus of SRK

:qcf:+:atk:Blaster shot. Rocket whips out a blaster pistol that shoots pink lasers. Standard projectile with rapid fire properties. Damage scales quickly. You might be able to get a short juggle with it as your opponent is falling.

:qcb:+:atk:: Reflector. Rocket takes out a reflector device that emits a hexagonal, blue shield that blinks and reflects projectiles as well as pushes opponents away. It has a special property where, if you use a wavedash, you can cancel the reflector into any other of Rocket's moves. You can even cancel into another reflector, and the person I talked to said you might even be able to do an infinite this way.

:rdp:+:atk: Raccoon Illusion. Rocket dashes forward at blinding speeds. Deals small damage, but pops opponents up.

:dp:+:atk: Fire Raccoon. Similar to Gamma Charge, but cannot be followed up by another. Looks like Skrull's Skrull Torch. Slow and punishable startup, but can send the opponents into a spin knockdown.

Rocket Looking to be pretty legit

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Got bodied by Dios X the other day.

Best I did was take out his Storm and Sentinel in 2 of the 5 matches.

He taught me some legit doom stuff though.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

From Noble Cactus of SRK

:qcf:+:atk:Blaster shot. Rocket whips out a blaster pistol that shoots pink lasers. Standard projectile with rapid fire properties. Damage scales quickly. You might be able to get a short juggle with it as your opponent is falling.

:qcb:+:atk:: Reflector. Rocket takes out a reflector device that emits a hexagonal, blue shield that blinks and reflects projectiles as well as pushes opponents away. It has a special property where, if you use a wavedash, you can cancel the reflector into any other of Rocket's moves. You can even cancel into another reflector, and the person I talked to said you might even be able to do an infinite this way.

:rdp:+:atk: Raccoon Illusion. Rocket dashes forward at blinding speeds. Deals small damage, but pops opponents up.

:dp:+:atk: Fire Raccoon. Similar to Gamma Charge, but cannot be followed up by another. Looks like Skrull's Skrull Torch. Slow and punishable startup, but can send the opponents into a spin knockdown.

That Fox and Falco Moveset LOL

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord

From Noble Cactus of SRK

You'd be surprised to know that some people actually bought this over at Shoryuken lol

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I can't get hyped anymore. I learned that Hulk's standing H is getting buffed and Phoenix is getting even more nerfs than I could have possibly imagined.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
phoenix nerfs don't make her unviable! lvl 3 x factor dark phoenix is still amazing!

i just watched assist me for firebrand. he looks sooooo nice. very unique movement.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
In a way, Capcom is essentially forcing Phoenix players to play how you want her to be played. Less running away and more about securing your chances on getting five bars and not using regular Phoenix on point.

Getting Dark Phoenix out isn't going to be easily handed anymore.
People will have to work for getting that comeback mechanic this time.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
In a way, Capcom is essentially forcing Phoenix players to play how you want her to be played. Less running away and more about securing your chances on getting five bars and not using regular Phoenix on point.

This. So much.

Edit: Oooo, a new "Assist Me?" Sweeeeeeet.

Smooth Criminal

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i am really interested in ghost rider's flame pillar assist. looks so good.

fast, otg, can also be used for defense, high projectile durability. i like it.

i am really hyped for the "good vs evil" fight that they talked about on cross counter live. basically anti-phoenix vs phoenix

JUSTIN WONG
MARLINPIE
COMBOFIEND
PR BALROG
NOEL BROWN

vs

VISCANT
CLOCKWORK
TOKIDO
FLOCKER
FILIPINO CHAMP

i never realized the trend until they mentioned it, but those phoenix players seriously do get a lot of hate just because they play phoenix.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
i am really interested in ghost rider's flame pillar assist. looks so good.

fast, otg, can also be used for defense, high projectile durability. i like it.

i am really hyped for the "good vs evil" fight that they talked about on cross counter live. basically anti-phoenix vs phoenix

JUSTIN WONG
MARLINPIE
COMBOFIEND
PR BALROG
NOEL BROWN

vs

VISCANT
CLOCKWORK
TOKIDO
FLOCKER
FILIPINO CHAMP

i never realized the trend until they mentioned it, but those phoenix players seriously do get a lot of hate just because they play phoenix.
I'm so hype for that too. Hopefully it doesn't end up like WC vs EC at EVO. /: As for new characters, I'm looking forward to trying Vergil and Nemesis. Zero buffs look so hot. That character will always be on my team. Always.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i will be spamming that side exchange all day LOL.

(just saying that so people will do the wrong one when in fact i do the down exchange to give hsien ko meter for invincibility!!!! <3)

no more freaking super jump + 6 fireballs. hsien ko assist GOT THIS.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah true that. that's why i said down exchange for hsien ko meter, so that my assist can blow up phoenix later on.

hm, she can probably still spam grounded medium fireballs though. ugh those are freaking fast.

but still!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

It's so stupid. If she's below level five, her chances of coming back from the deficit have been reduced to almost nothing. She's really easy to chip out now, even with aerial X-Factor. No character should be completely dependent on a full hyper gauge. That's just poor design.

Here's the full change list:

NERFS:
  1. Health reduced to 320,000.
  2. Movement speed reduced.
  3. Hit-stun decay increased.
  4. TK Shot H has increased start-up time.
  5. TK Shot H has reduced range.
  6. TK Shots disappear if Phoenix is hit.
  7. One special move per jump unless flight is used.
  8. Flight has increased start-up time.

BUFFS:
  1. TK Shot L has decreased start-up time.
  2. TK Shot M has decreased start-up time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm thinking about sticking with my Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sent team in Ultimate.

Although, it's probably way better to swap Sentinel out for Doom. Better DHCs along with probably better setups for Hsien-Ko...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's so stupid. If she's below level five, her chances of coming back from the deficit have been reduced to almost nothing. She's really easy to chip out now, even with aerial X-Factor. No character should be completely dependent on a full hyper gauge. That's just poor design.
Her intended design seems to be Phoenix players relying solely on getting enough bars by the time she's out.
She's not meant to make a comeback by trying to earn 5 meters on point, that's why she had the health nerf.

IMO, I don't think it's poor design since that's a pretty cool/unique way for a character to be good. But that's just me.
I think it's neat how Phoenix teams have to stay on their toes the whole time since once she's snapped in, they're in trouble.

Although I get why Phoenix players aren't pleased.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think the L/M tk shot buff is pretty good :D

but yeah, that seems to be the design intention. serris, you have known for months now that phoenix on point is unusual and slightly counter-intuitive, because everyone seems to disagree with you. you have made it work because phoenix was pretty capable in vanilla mvc3, but her fullest potential was lvl 2/3 dark phoenix which made her win tournaments. capcom nerfed phoenix so as to prevent those kinds of wins, and if they overshot the nerfs, that's not only bad news for phoenix anchors, but even worse for you. i bet they hardly even thought about point phoenix players.

(kinda unfortunate that they nerfed her like that, when justin and combofiend CLEARLY had the tech to beat phoenix at devastation a month before ultimate comes out.)

edit: lmao. definitely phoenix wright tomorrow.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm definitely going to make a side team with Phoenix Wright. I like the character so much.
And it's going to be fun beating people with him since he doesn't seem like a fighter.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow. 'twould be so sick if we could all get personalized versions of that shirt with our main teams on it

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It aint ordinary unless Ryu is there.. Also, Im thinking of using She Hulk, Phoenix Wright and Ghost rider. For a Third team.

Other than that

Ghost Rider (Heartless Spire)
Dr. Strange (Bolts of Bolsack)
Frank West (Shopping Cart H?)

Vergil (Dash attack thing)
Hulk (Gamma Tsunami)
Iron Fist ( The Kick if he has it)

Top Bottom