• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
"Please refrain from using that ghetto talk".....
I was talking like that in reply to Kuraudo who was doing the same to me.

Ultras are a reversal mechanic as well. Capcom games, and the majority of fighting games, have had super bars or something similar for a long time know, and if you are going to have one, you have to have the other.
Supers/Ultras are trash, want to know why?

Since Super Turbo onward footsies and zoning by an average to elite SF player have gone down the gutter due to this. You think it helped to improve a players play form? While it actually did the complete opposite.

An example... In SF:IV and SSF:IV you can compensate your lack of footsie games with Ryu due to having easy accessibility to Ultra. Because why spend countless hours trying to learn how to move in and outside of your opponents best pokes to punish it with your own for measly damage, when you can SrkxxFadcxxUltra to do the job and gain far greater results. I'm a Ryu player, and I even openly admit this, and its visible even by all other Ryu players, even the Best.

This is why Daigo back in 2004 absolutely got mopped up by Jeff in AE, because Daigo since he played duirng the Post-Super Special Era had nowhere near the footsie or zoning game that Jeff brought out, and this was Jeff who was what, 10+ years retired from SFII against a in his prime Daigo. He even perfected Daigo a few times with every character he used. Basically put, although Jeff lacked the reaction, execution, skill level of his prime self from the early 90's, his fundamentals were still much better, giving him more wins over Daigo. "Had" it of been 1993 Jeff, Daigo would not even of won One Set against him.

However, that's a different thing all together, because personally I can tolerate Supers in the Marvel vs games because they are supposed to be over the top ridiculous anyhow. That still doesn't remove the fact that giving someone an award because they played terrible is a dumb idea. Comebacks should be earned by you straight up playing better then your opponent, not getting a bonus and then doing the same combo, however you'll do more damage because you were losing in the first place.

You didn't need comebacks in MvC3, it's pointless to have it in there, and will serve no purpose then to make it easier for comebacks, in which they should be earned, not a universal option ploy to greatly improve your chances. You minus will through in a random Auto-Win button when your losing then, so you'll have a 50/50 chance of winning.

Not a good idea by Capcom whatsoever, along with the few other things they are throwing into MvC3.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic was banned? I was wondering why he wasn't posting much.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was talking like that in reply to Kuraudo who was doing the same to me.
Yeah, because that totally wasn't as unnecessary when you said "please refrain from using that ghetto pic"

I remember the good old days, when we had a real man in the White House, when I could let my kids go outside and not be afraid of drug dealers and kidnappers, and when I could play SF II without worrying about Supers.

Those were the days.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because that totally wasn't as unnecessary when you said "please refrain from using that ghetto pic"
Because some people instead of debating whats at hand, can only make one sentence statements which condone nor produce nothing. Considering I never took it serious and was saying it as a joke reply then trying to take it personally, all in good fun right?

I remember the good old days, when we had a real man in the White House, when I could let my kids go outside and not be afraid of drug dealers and kidnappers, and when I could play SF II without worrying about Supers.

Those were the days.
Most don't remember those days, considering many were probably not even born yet, or were in their toddler ages when these things took place. Some people want fundamental substance with a sense of depth without all the other nonsense intact.

On another note pertaining to MvC3, a screen shot of the character move list kinda makes me chuckle.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c196/gunmoney/movelist.jpg

Deadpool having a teleport seems pretty fun, however from a theory standpoint he would only have 3 places to go with the new button scheme.
Hulks charge moves not being charge move based, haha.
Shoryuken for Smart Bomb? :laugh:

It's just funny, that Capcom could have avoided this problem if they would have just opted to use the old button layout system instead. With this, I now hope and pray Strider never shows up in MvC3 as a playable character.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
naaah, is another Capcom game with "similar" 3d renders of TvC (like the SF alpha sprites to MvC2)... but thats not a problem this gonna be BETTER!!
Is there a chance of Guy from Final Fight? :/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
this game looks super fun lol

i checked the OP for info and then i died. LMAO. Crashic too good.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Here's a write up from MikeZ that describes the changes that he's noticed while playing MvC3.
http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=241032

Looks like tri-jumps aren't that useful in MvC3 if Capcom keeps them this way.
Yeah, I read it yesterday but didn't want to quote it until today.

Looking at it all, I'm more displeased about the turn out events thus far for the game, yes, it's beta, or whatever you want to call it, however alot of things being implemented imo were not entirely necessary and in some cases forced due to the way the game was mechanically changed, and in what seems to be the case as well, for the sake of balance.

Pretty much everything that other people stated on there whom know how to play MvC2 is pretty much my thoughts on the game, and what I posted earlier as well. The statement of Preppy absolutely caught my eye on the other.

I for one felt that whiffing for meter was always a stupid idea, however he brought up the notion that with meter building you actually had a chance to stop characters like Storm who were running away, which indeed is true since it was extremely difficult to hit her regularly in this process, which made building meter to rack up supers an effective way to attack a character like her. However now without the ability to build meter he states that it would promote even more runaway tactics now because without the lack of meter building the difficulty to get at a character running away all day could become even more difficult.

We'll see how this plays out, however "maybe" whiffing for no meter may prove to come back and bite us.

On another note, as with so many people have stated on that thread, that it seems like they are intentionally limiting mobility, especially in the air, at least from the looks of how Mike is explaining it to be. I personally feel that that's really forcing an issue here, because the degree of strategy and flexibility of previous MvC games was what made them interesting to begin with.

However, by what is stated by the poster at this very point, it seems like Capcom doesn't want to see anymore super air dominance which has been a staple of this series. With things like no more air dashes cancel of normals, no push block guard cancels, from what it seems by the statement, limitations on how you can use your assist etc, etc, all of which added a ton of great aspects in MvC2 seems to only limit this flexibility due to the cause of them directly trying to force feed the balance.

I guess they really, really don't want an air dominating character, by establishing all of these things, however in my eyes, I feel it will only take away more then improving it judging by whats at hand thus far. This isn't like Street Fighter II to where strategy is ground base and thus limitations on universal options and all are actually a good thing.

MvC follows a completely different suite to where huge, huge flexibility is a key component, and by them directly trying to present to you saying "Hey, we don't want you to be able to no longer do this, do that, this can no longer work, this will not be tolerated, and why? Because want to do it for the sake of balance". In my mind isn't the best route to take. I'm not saying that this will happen to MvC3, but some of the most boring fighting games have come from the fact that they tried to force feed the balance issue by trying to remove alot of the great things that were their in previous versions. We've obviously seen this before.

Remember that many of the greatest most balanced fighting games were in fact actually flukes. Sega didn't know that VF4 would be the most balanced fighting game out there, it was a fluke, same thing with SFII:HF after CE, and the same could be said about alot of other fighting games. T5 is a great example of a super balanced, but heavily watered down fighting game, they basically removed alot of great aspects, forced you to play in a certain way and yes, it made it more balanced, but the creativity for the player lacked tremendously in contrast to previous Tekken games.

Please refrain from believing that I'm complaining just for the sake of complaining, because I will say this again, I only want this game to be deep, competitive, complex, and fun without unnecessary changes, basically put, I want this game to be good. Bringing forth issues like these is a good way for Capcom to potentially change these things for the better if we do not necessarily agree with whats presently at hand.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Eventhubs have some interviews that talk about MvC3.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jun/19/marvel-vs-capcom-3-staff-video-interviews/

I've only listened to the first one, and they said that the build they have here has less of an MvC2 feel compared to the one that they have at Capcom right now. They said about the only thing from TvC that MvC3 will have is really just the button layout in the end. They also said TvC is its own thing and entry, while they want MvC3 to be more like the successor of MvC2.

So things can still change in a year. I remember Capcom also saying that they're removing the back+assist for tagging out, so at least that's good. I am glad that their intention isn't making a TvC2 or anything like that also.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://www.bitterharmony.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3270&p=67698#p67698

Anyone else seen this link? If this is the final roster (seems unlikely, tho) I would be really disappoint in Capcom how much it recycled from TvC. I doubt it's legit, tho.

HTML:
Ryu
Chun-Li
Bison
Megaman Volnutt
Roll
Zero
Chris Redfield
Wesker
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Felicia
Joe (Viewtiful Joe?)
Frank
Frankalt_chuck
Mike (Mike Haggar?)
Arthur
Wolverine
Storm
Cyclops
Magneto
Spider Man
Venom
Hulk
Iron Man
Ironmanalt_War Machine
Captain America
Thor
Dr.Doom
Super Skrull
Strange
Dormammu (Boss)
Deadpool
Marvel (which one? Captain/Masked?)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That list... it's popping up everywhere!
It originated on GFAQs, and it's not legit. It was a made up list that was made awhile ago.

And don't post it on SRK. They are sick of it. And if you do, you'll get banned. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hadoken's got one that they say they was spotted via the flash source code of the official game website, which has since been deleted.

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1762&cpage=1
Tron's on that list... I do indeed want Tron back in.
Favorite "grappler" in MvC2.

I'm still not sure if any of the lists are true. We'll see if they announce any of the characters on that list during Comic Con.
Hopefully Spooky somehow leaks info like he did for other games...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Capcom used the Fantastic Four in an example of how Marvel is really helping decide characters. They went to Marvel with each individual Fantastic Four character, but Ono said that "Marvel kept saying 'use this character instead'" (<- I am paraphrasing here).

We all know who "that character" is anyway.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
OMG all that I hope for is that strider is in this game. PLEASE let strider be in this game. Dead Pool and chris Redfield are the people I am going to use. I just need to find one more person

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
OMG all that I hope for is that strider is in this game. PLEASE let strider be in this game. Dead Pool and chris Redfield are the people I am going to use. I just need to find one more person
Strider seems like he would be a staple of the series but for some reason I have my doubts. Cross your fingers!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Was discussing this earlier with some friends and we kinda noticed that outside of Wesker and Bison Capcom doesn't really have that many memorable 'villians' for their side. Any suggestions? (Somehow I don't see Doc Wiley fitting in)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If Tron can fit in MvC2, then I'm sure that Dr. Wily could do the same thing for MvC3.

Unless you're thinking about when you put him side by side with all the others present. Who knows.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Was discussing this earlier with some friends and we kinda noticed that outside of Wesker and Bison Capcom doesn't really have that many memorable 'villians' for their side. Any suggestions? (Somehow I don't see Doc Wiley fitting in)
That's true. It's hard (for me anyway) to think of any notorious Capcom villains besides the two you listed.
The only one I can think of is Sigma. It'd be cool if he made it in.

Top Bottom