• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
They are leaving Tyrant and Nemesis out because they feel rending their gory detail in the detailed engine of MvC3 would make the game M rated. Depressing, and probably kills my dreams for Krauser as well.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
They are leaving Tyrant and Nemesis out because they feel rending their gory detail in the detailed engine of MvC3 would make the game M rated. Depressing, and probably kills my dreams for Krauser as well.
Awwwwww man!

Those 2 would be great additions too.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
[Q
It be easy to explain her charecter. Just zoom in on her bulge. Done.
Or just retconn it so she's either a transvestite or transexual in both regions. C'mon Capcom you've done it more than once.

My hopes for Fantastic Four were just shot down entirely. D:
At least Super Skrull is cool.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It's pretty lame. The Fantastic 4 ain't gettin in either. :ohwell:
Yeah, I was kind of pulling for at least one FF rep besides Doom. As much as I'm sure Capcom loves the X-Men with all the characters they use from there - not without reason, X-Men's got tons and tons of great candidates, but still - I'm really hoping they go for some other franchises this time as well. The last few games have been nearly all X-Men characters a few exceptions.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
He would be a lame version of sim to make him look better. GO SIM.
Not really. In the stretching department, Mr. Fantastic can do a lot more than Dhalsim can. He can shapeshift, for one, which would allow them to do all sorts of creative things with his moveset.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm hoping Morrigan has an abusable air dash this time. Or at least, one on par with the characters that have really good air dashes.

Her old 3 (?) way air dash was decent in MvC2, but she still had to rely on assists, IMO.

D

Deleted member

Even thought I'm a Wii-only owner, I can tell this game will be extremely successful, based off this thread.

Gives me more reason to buy a Playstation 3.

D

Deleted member

Or a 360. Or both, like me.
I'm not really interested in an Xbox 360. You have to pay online, most of the interesting games are for the Wii and PS3 nowadays, and I consider it the worst console of the bunch.

What I'm also seriously confused is how in the world Capcom managed to get the right to make Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
most of the interesting games are for the Wii and PS3 nowadays, and I consider it the worst console of the bunch.
ORLY?

-Mass Effect 2
-Alan Wake
-Halo Reach
-Gears of War 3
-Forza Motorsport 3
-Fable 3
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Crackdown 2
-Splinter Cell: Conviction

yah xbawks dun got any gud gamez thes daiz. And to prevent the console wars from starting, I OWN ALL 3 SYSTEMS, so no I am not a 360 fanboy.

Anyways, this game looks mad fun, but with so many characters, the possiblity of balancing issues is almost inevitable.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Okay, since I didn't post a "Character Wish List" personally yet, these are my two characters that should show up for Capcom...

Sagat - Talk all you want, but this guy absolutely deserves to be one of the representatives from SF. In all VS games prior too, I had hoped to see Sagat in one, but he simply never made the cut. I mean, his Tiger Genocide already looks like a Marvel vs type Super in the legit SF series already, so I would imagine that the look of the Marvel vs version would look like it was powerful enough to wipe out an entire city.

To me, I vote for him as a rep from SF.

Also, if possible it would be awesome to see a Monster Hunter character with full Rathatlos Set Armor (The original Red Set One, not the other ugly colored ones) using a Katana or Lance as a representative from that Series.

For some that may not know what I'm talking about here's the character w/ the Rathalos armor set that I'm talking about (Male set on left, female set on right) ---> http://fu1kth.tripod.com/monster_hun...or-art?i=0&s=1

It would rock to see either a male or female version of that tearing it up in MvC3, considering I personally loved the MH series (Org. MH1 ftw with Headlocking!). So make it Happen Capcom, a representative from one of your current games like Monster Hunter w/ Rath Set to make the cut please!

D

Deleted member

Not trying to sound like a troll here, but while I am anticapating the game, I have a bad feeling about this.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will most likely reach the scales of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Gran Turismo 5 in terms of anticapation. If so, then there's a good chance that this game will disappoint greatly. To me, this has happen to Super Smash Bros. Brawl and I'm worried that Gran Turismo 5 could be following the same path.

A good suggestion is to try to avoid as much information about the game as possible until the game gets released. Or if they open up a website, try doing what Finalark did with Smash Bros. Dojo and only visit stuff that will initially be in the game. Therefore, maybe we can prevent this game from becoming one of the most disappointing games of 2011 due to bickering about stupid stuffs that doesn't matter much.

More on that when I make another Smashing Entries Series and that blogs here actually work again.

The Real Gamer said:
Anyways, this game looks mad fun, but with so many characters, the possiblity of balancing issues is almost inevitable.
I know many people are not going to like this, but I think it would be an good idea to reduce the character roster to at least thirty. Increasing the already huge character roster from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 would run an even bigger risk of massive character unbalance.

This is why Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (My first Vs. Capcom game) so far has very good balance with characters (Only two characters I don't like are Mega Man Volnutt and Roll).

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That goes without saying. Almost every game will not go as fans anticipated, but that doesn't scream "fail". Yeah, Brawl didn't go like people expect or wanted, but the game was not a failure in the slightest.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Brawl was a fail to me, given I've quit competitively in all fighting games for years now, however I can't even play Brawl casually is to how much I despise it.

My only beef with MvC3 is all the stupid mentions of it somehow being "similar" to TvC. Seriously? This is Marvel vs Capcom 3, not Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2, so hopefully they realize this and utilize more aspects from the Marvel vs Engine and MvC2 then trying to take more aspects from TvC.

I do not want to play MvC3 having it feel like another TvC game, again, Marvel vs is it's own unique series, keep it at that, other then that, I'm not too worried, hopefully. Still want a MH character with Rathalos Set in repping Capcom's side of the playing field.

Also, balance has never been "great" in any Marvel vs Series...X-Men vs Street Fighter...Storm and Magneto were ********...Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter Wolverine and Omega Red ran all over everyone, MvC1...Duo-War's were stupid, Striderine, etc, etc...obviously MvC2 with the Big-4.

I'm not expecting a huge balance, I'm just expecting it to be a good strong fighting game that will continue to make Marvel vs Capcom a premiere and popular competitive fighting game. Here's to the US dominating every other country in this game again!

D

Deleted member

That goes without saying. Almost every game will not go as fans anticipated, but that doesn't scream "fail". Yeah, Brawl didn't go like people expect or wanted, but the game was not a failure in the slightest.
I'm not expecting the game to fail at all, but what I was saying is that the game will most likely be an massive disappointment. Also, I consider Super Smash Bros. Brawl to be an very good game, even thought it was an very disappointing one. Disappointing games =/= bad games. It just has to fall way short of expectation. I'm sure Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be great, but I'm not so sure about Triple A.

As for characters, just give me an 30 character roster with Mega Man in it and I'm fine.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
know many people are not going to like this, but I think it would be an good idea to reduce the character roster to at least thirty. Increasing the already huge character roster from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2would run an even bigger risk of massive character unbalance.
I want a **** load of characters, and I want a bunch of ******** infinites, I want Marvel 3.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
lmao

well if we're going for wish list characters, I would definitely love to see some Power Stone from Capcom, and more expansion of Marvel Knights in a Marvel game.

Top Bottom