• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate CD of Smash Melee ?!

Gorn

Smash Cadet
hello friends Smasheur.
(sorry for my bad English ^^)

I am here to help you find all information regarding this
cd very very rare smash bros melee.

a link for buy it : http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e91586081

With many French, after some research we believe that
This is a demo cd given to stores before the release of
melee (2001) and was given to winners of competitions.

It contains videos of melee.

Someone was there any information?

Here are some screens that I could recover if some of you talking
Japanese :
http://90plan.ovh.net/~ssbexper/images/site/description_jp.png

thank you :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hope a responsible iso dumber wins the auction LOL.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I bet it will bid for a retarted amount of money and there some crazy glitches like pichu has 2 more frames of hitstun on every attack.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'm not sure that Gorn was clear enough, so I'll reformulate juste incase : according to what some French players who can read japanese said on our boards, this disc seems to contain vidéos, and probaly not a playable version of the game.
It seems that right after the game was released, tournaments were hosted and sponsored by Nintendo, the prizes for the first 2 or 3 players being this disc.

Among the videos, top HRC and BTT scores for the starting characters. I don't know about HRC, but here are the BTT times which are supposed to be on video on this disc.

Mario  11.83
Pikachu 11.57
Koopa 12.03
Peach 14.88
Yoshi  12.55
DK 12.15
Falcon 14.38
Fox 12.13
Ness  18.20
IC 14.23
Kirby  15.72
Samus  11.70
Link  5.60 
Sheik 10.92

All these are only suppositions based on what a player found on some Japanese boards. We all secretly hope that it also contains a playable version of the game with beta features (old stages like Great Bay where you can go into the lab, Hyrule with platforms or old YS for instance).

All these are only suppositions based on what a player found on some Japanese boards. We all secretly hope that it also contains a playable version of the game with beta features (old stages like Great Bay where you can go into the lab, Hyrule with platforms or old YS for instance).
Hope a responsible iso dumber wins the auction LOL.
Someone find one of those kinds of guys, QUICK! I'm interested.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Someone find one of those kinds of guys, QUICK! I'm interested.
Again, those are only supposition and are highly unlikely (especially the old stages things).

Hmm. We need more info. It could be a fake, probably not by the looks though. Info.
Nah, it isn't a fake. I already saw this a few years ago, and so did Gorn. The one he saw was "only" 100€ (≈$140) by the time, but he was a young and poor at this time so he didn't buy it :p

LLDL

Smash Hero
I can dump retail discs fine. I might bid guys if I figure out how to make an account, and how much 48,000 yen is lol.

Edit: Oh hell no, 48,000 yen = $520 USD Sorry guys! :\

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
THIS FINALLY CONTAINS THE MELEE CHARACTERS SONIC AND TAILZZZ?@!!!
OMGZORZ

Seriously though, i want one now. it's shiny

Proverbs

Smash Lord
If every Melee player gave a dollar, we would have way more than necessary to buy this. We should all do our part, give chain-ace a dollar, and he'll buy it so he can dump it. Sound good?

LLDL

Smash Hero
good idea, but you'd all have to give me a dollar through paypal and i don't like the idea of getting 600 dollars through paypal. plus the auction is over by the time I get home from class today :/ **** lol, i realy am starting to wonder whats on this disc.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
If the auction is still going on, it would be a good idea for people to pool money together to get it. Whether it's $1 a person or $20, I think that would be worth the outcome.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
i have buy it yesterday, i think i received this CD 1 month ago.
i will make many vid and an iso =)
I love you.

Although, I'm pretty sure distributing that, assuming it's actually playable, would be against SWF's rules. Maybe you could post a link to the promo disc, though, because Smashing... Live was posted here a while ago.

Gorn

Smash Cadet
Bump-FOR GREAT JUSTICE
btw are you sure you bought it gorn? cuz it still says 1 in stock and 0 bids.

yes indeed, I find another listing of this CD (the one with the pictures on the top of the second page of this topic) and the sale is finished.
As a French friend who went through a Japanese friend who has bought, I'll receive it within a month normally.
But I ought to receive it logically, my friend has confirmed

Captainjack think it is just a CD with video of smash bros (not the game), is it possible to make an iso of a cd only video?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
If it does end up being a bunch of videos you can still rip the ISO and run it on Dolphin. You can then record with a screen recorder and upload it wherever you want.

Gorn

Smash Cadet
my French contact received it, normally I get in a week
(or two because I'm going abroad for one week)

Top Bottom