• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Hate to be that guy, but we've already added a Tingle mii costume...

1st Party
1. Lyndis
2. Porky Minch
3. King Boo

3rd Party
1. Shantae
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Rayman

Anyways I'll submit some Dairy Queen Dragon Quest spirits! (Can also be called DQ)
Jasper
Debut Game: Dragon Quest XI
Advanced Class Primary Defense (Can Be Enhanced)
Slots: 1
Song: Almighty Boss Devil is Challenged (Dragon Quest V)
Stage: Castle Siege (Indoor Statue Portion)
Opponent: Ike (7th Alt), Giant Ike (3rd Alt)
Conditions: The opponent's sword attacks are stronger, reinforcements arrive when the opponent dies, The opponent favors Neutral Special (Giant Ike), Stamina Battle (1st Ike is 200 HP, 2nd Ike is 250 HP)
Jasper Unbound
Debut Game: Dragon Quest XI
Ace Class Primary Defense (Weapon Attack and Move Speed Up)
Slots: 1

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 121: Tanghulu Mii Costume
Tanghulu (糖葫蘆) is a Northern Chinese snack dating back to the Song Dynasty. It consists of a series of skewered fruit coated in a hard sugar syrup, traditionally Chinese hawthorn. It can also be made with other fruits, as evidenced by the image where you can see kiwis and orange slices among the many that are skewered. Tanghulu is often sold as a street snack in the Wangfujing snack street in Beijing, but is often sold in many places in the region due to its popularity.

(Imagine this but with a tanghulu on the sign:))
As a Mii Costume, Tanghulu would be a Mii Swordfighter outfit. It would consist of two parts: a sign for the body and a Tanghulu sword. The sign, as almost no costumes in Smash Bros. have wording, will have a simple picture of the snack on it. The board is in reference to the street food signs. The Mii Costume can be customized by choosing the color, changing the color of the sword and the image on the sign.

Fun fact: Tung Fu Rue from Fatal Fury's name is based on the candy (cool!)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
First Party Votes
1. Sylux

Sylux is always the understudy in Metroid speculation. He started popping up when Ridley was too big and Dark Samus was an assist trophy, he gets talked about because his role in MP4 is gonna be big apparently, he was an early frontrunner choice because he didn't have a spirit. I like Sylux a lot but he really needs to start doing something.
2. King Boo
I'm going to echo the statement that we do have quite a few Mario characters. Even if Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise and Mr. Video Game himself, I would like a few other franchises to get the spotlight. King Boo is one of my favorite Mario characters and represents a great series, but I don't see us adding him considering we've added Waluigi who sort of fills the same niche being antagonists tied to the Mario series and especially tied to another character.
3. Porky
I honestly think Ness and Lucas are enough to represent a finished (not dead) franchise. Porky is great but I think I prefer him as a boss or assist trophy or whatever.

Third Party Votes
1. Scorpion

Mortal Kombat seems to be a more regional want than anything and while he is popular here I doubt his brand of violence would work well in Smash compared to other violent characters (comparing the glory kills of Doom and the finishers of MK, I think Mortal Kombat is a lot less suited for a game with lovable mascots being thrown around like ragdolls)
2. Sora
I don't ever see Sora happening because of D████y. (watch me eat my words) Sora would definitely be a cool fighter but I just really don't ever see him happening in a full capacity because of the mouse.
3. Shantae
She's cool but she's fallen quite a bit far behind her indie competition like Quote, Shovel Knight, and Reimu.

Honorable mentions: Lyn (because she's my own submission and I feel like voting for my own would be weird in this job), Phoenix (kinda just want to see him lose again? He's been snubbed so many times during this project which would make it a little funny if he got snubbed again)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
posting these for Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide who designed the spirit battles, but was unable to format them due to a hardware issue.
1623303363695.png
Lorithia (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Grab
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: None Puppet
  • Fighter: Medusa, Purple Kirby, Green Kirby, Orange Kirby, Yellow Kirby
  • Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (2nd Phase)
  • Music Track: An Obstacle in Our Path
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Defeat the main fighter (Medusa) to win. Reinforcements (Kirby x4) will appear during the battle

1623303378556.png
Egil (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Attack
Slots: ⬡
Effect: None
  • Puppet Fighter: Cyan Mewtwo, R.O.B. x2, Yellow Ridley
  • Stage: Midgar
  • Music Track: An Obstacle in Our Path
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Defeat the main fighter to win (Mewtwo, Ridley). Reinforcements (Ridley) will appear after the enemy (Mewtwo) is KO'd. The enemy (Ridley) is gold and giant. The enemy (Mewtwo, Ridley) will have increased power.
1623303395237.png
Yaldabaoth (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Class: Legendary
Type: Primary Attack
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Gold and Giant
  • Evolves from Egil at Lv. 99

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Updated Votes:

1st Party
1. King Boo
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong

3rd Party
1. Shantae
2. Reimu
3. Ray Man

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First party:
1. King Boo
2. Lyn
3. Impa

Third Party:
1. Shantae
2. Scorpion
3. KOS-MOS

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
First Party:
1. Lyn
2. Ring Fit Trainee
3. Krystal

Third Party:
1. Shantae
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Shovel Knight

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Food Mii Costume: Protein Shake Bottle & Cap

Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. This Mii Costume would consist of 2 pieces. The Protein Shake Bottle Fit and the Bottle Cap Hat!

The Protein Shake Bottle Fit
would come with a... well, a black Protein Shake Bottle that the Mii uses as a costume. The Protein Shake Bottle's design would consist of a big muscled arm flexing plastered on it with the words "PROTEIN" besides it, the words being big and bolded. But that is not the end my dear, due to continuous and vigorous training and consumption of said Protein Shake, has our Mii not only become one with it, but he gained strong arms himself! though his legs seem to be lacking... :/ (Certified Robotto Warning; Never Skip Leg Day)

The Bottle Cap Hat would obviously just be the black Bottle Cap from the protein shake that the Mii wears on his head proudly. All colors would be modifiable per usual and the Costume is obviously unisex, because self-improvement is for everyone.

The Fit would be a Costume exclusive to the Mii Brawler, as he'll be using his strong newfound arms to beat his opponents down. Keep grinding brothers, and never lose hope. God Bless.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job 121: Banana Costume

I'M A BANANA, I'M A BANANA... actually you know what that's probably a terrible thing to references. This costume actually would be unique. Without a hat, the banana will cover up the head of the fighter but if the fighter wears a hat, it will instead be partially peeled. It's all-purpose too. Brawlers use their fists, gunners use a banana gun and swordfighters use a big banana blade.

adult-inflatable-banana-costume.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
One similarly ire-inducing prompt I'd love to do at some point, possibly DLC, is "unpopular character who fills the niche of a more popular character". An example would be the knight and his ostrich from Joust over the balloon fighter, or Plok over Rayman

65FD7CD5-6B1C-4776-8B43-D7502ED9A657.jpeg

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

IM PICKLE MII!!!!

Rick and Morty jokes aside, this is a pickle costume for all the Mii costumes. Brawler doesn’t change but the Swordfighter uses a toothpick and the Gunner uses a pickle jar. I was going to not submit because I thought I didn’t have enough time and I wanted to sit one out but I just had this idea and I really want to get it out.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 121 Food Mii Costume: Milk Carton
adult-milk-costume.jpg

With this calcium rich costume exclusive to the brawler class, your Mii can endorse strong bones whilst breaking bones. The label will change color depending on your Mii's selected favorite color. Also unlike the image above, the costume will also feature gloves and shoes.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Mii Costumes Results

Lyn and Sylux are your first party winners (losers?), and Shantae and Rayman are you third party winners (Losers?)! While I was personally rooting for Rayman, this mii costume may be more than a number of other nominated third parties end up receiving, so I can't say I'm entirely upset. Also interesting to note that both of the third parties were series present in Ultimate, with Rayman and Shantae both already being spirits. Lyn has also become a mii costume, which as a front runner for our inevitable FE rep, could end up making that future round a lot more interesting. On a lighter note, here are the Food Submissions to be voted upon:

Food Mii Costume Voting

thank you to everyone who submitted! Was very fun to see each individual submission come in, and should also hopefully have a lot lower stakes than the last round lol. Usual Ranked voting rules are in place, voting for your top three, with having your own submission only in second or third.

Job #122: WTF?!?! Mii Costume

For what I believe is our last job in a long string of Mii costume jobs, we will be submitted one WTF?!?! Mii Costume, along the lines of Sans, or dare I mention his name, Buck Bumble. Of course keep it reasonable, but this is meant to be a bit out there. That being said, the character still must have made an appearance on a nintendo console. Please provide a description of the costume, class it would be for, and what exactly about it would make viewers go WTF?!?! Have Fun!​

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My turkey submission is missing.

1. Pizza
2. Turkey
(pickle)

WTF costume:
GameCube and GameCube logo mask
GameCube Costume.png

Was originally going to submit Bubsy, and he would be my first vote if someone else submitted him - even if we didn't have the second-or-third only rule - but I went with this instead.

The drawing says it all. The GameCube would have alternate colours based on the Mii's chosen colour. The GameCube logo mask would completely replace your Mii's head with a floating GameCube logo, so you can fully immerse yourself in the idea of playing as a GameCube that has it's logo flying above it, or you can surgically remove Shantae's head and replace it with a GameCube logo, I won't kinkshame. The GameCube logo would be a 2D image and constantly face the screen (mostly because the GC logo's side view is unflattering to say the least)

No matter which colour you use the controllers will be the same: a row of indigo, black, white, and orange. Most Mii colours default to indigo as a console colour, so only a few are supported, those are:

Black

White:

Orange:

Both blues: (Tales of branding removed)

Red or Brown: (MTV branding removed)

Green (MTV branding removed)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
First of all, I’m quite upset that Shantae, Ray-Man and Sylux are discomfirmed. But I can get over it quickly, in case Shantae, Ray-Man or Sylux gets in the second fighter’s pass (rooting for Shantae)

Anyways, voting for Pizza, Taco and Banana

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Corn
2. Banana
3. Sushi

Job 122

Dallas (Payday)

This is an Iconic character from Payday and Payday 2. This would be a gunner costume, the body consists of his suit and rubber gloves as well as his silenced pistol, The head would be his mask that goes over the whole head, This mask changes depending on the color of the Mii, Red is Dallas

Blue is Chains' mask

Pink is Hoxton/Houston

White is Wolf

Payday 2 was on the Switch, This would be a WTF costume because Payday is a relatively obscure franchise and it's from a small studio, You also don't really associate it with Nintendo. but this game has a dedicated following and it had an exclusive character on switch for a while.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
WTF?!?! Mii Costume
Untitled.png

Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights At Freddy's) as a Brawler

I don't think this requires much explanation. FNaF is cut from the same cloth as Undertale--a huge memetic game that has never really left the public consciousness and still gets joked about to this day, not hurt by both staying relevant through rereleases and sequels. The Toreador March would fill the role of MEGALOVANIA, setting off people's fight-or-flight responses just through music.

Plus, Freddy just makes a natural Mii costume, as he's really close to a mascot costume a la Vault Boy (heck, some of the animatronics in the games literally double as costumes). And limiting FNaF to a costume would make it easier to head off concerns about the games' more...gruesome aspects.

(I originally put Gordon Freeman here before I remembered Half-Life has never been on a Nintendo system. Good thing the FNaF games got Switch ports.)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job 122
1623379672129.png

Fat Chocobo

It's a fat fricking Chocobo that sits on your head. It's a WTF Mii Costume because we're adding it before a lot of well-known Final Fantasy characters and classes like Terra, Squall, and the Black Mage, despite the fact that we already have a Chocobo hat.

Also it's Fat Chocobo and I think it's really funny.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, I was thinking about submitting an Omori Mii Costume, but OMORI isn't available on Switch. Well, not yet: it is confirmed to be coming at some point. For the sake of this hypothetical, would we be allowed to assume the game has been ported by the time this game began development?

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Okay, I was thinking about submitting an Omori Mii Costume, but OMORI isn't available on Switch. Well, not yet: it is confirmed to be coming at some point. For the sake of this hypothetical, would we be allowed to assume the game has been ported by the time this game began development?
I tried to submit an Omori spirit once, but it got rejected for not being on a Nintendo console yet :(

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I tried to submit an Omori spirit once, but it got rejected for not being on a Nintendo console yet :(
Welp, time for Plan B (which I just now came up with):

WTF Costume: Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Neptune_HDN.png

Neptune is the main protagonist of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series by Compile Heart, easily being their most iconic franchise. Based on the cancelled Sega Neptune, Neptune (also known as Purple Heart) is the Goddess of Planeptune, one of the four continents of Gameindustri.

Before I continue, I should mention this series is one big parody of the Console Wars, so... yeah.

Anyway, Neptune is the main protagonist, and would serve as a Mii Swordfighter costume. I highly doubt Neptune would get into Smash as a playable character, but the series does have its fans, so we can at least give them something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom