• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for Viruses, Noivern and Boom-Boom and Pom-Pom for First Category and RedStone Golem, Great Izuchi and Tom-Man for Second Category

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
First category:
1. Dragon
2. Lynel
3. Boom-Boom and Pom-Pom

Second category:
1. Piano
2. Temmie
3. Tyrant T-03

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Dungeon Theme

Neo Retro Haven

So this dungeon theme is quite dynamic, the level starts out with retro structures such as DK grinders and Pac Man maze segments acting as hallways alongside classic 8 bit references the enemies are:

Pooka
Goomba
Koopa
Duck

(Anything else that is retro and originated before the 90s)

But then

One hit by the future signpost will instantly switch it to a hustling future Metropolis featuring enemies originating from games after the 2000s, all the classic future elements are here, lasers, robots, and other crazy machinery, and you can switch back to it once you hit a past signpost

That's just my idea, something simple and dynamic at the same time
It sounds awesome!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Dungeon Theme: House

Now admittedly, this one might be a bit harder to implement. As the name implies, this theme is based on a normal house. The catch is that the Fighters are roughly bug-sized while exploring this area. As a result, a lot of normal sized things like chairs and toys are gigantic to the player. This will also be reflected in the enemy selection, which would consist of enemies that would make sense as a threat to anybody at that size (admittedly, I haven't been keeping up with the enemy submissions, but things like bugs would work here).

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Category A:
1. Noivern
2. Lynel
3. Viruses

Category B:
1. Tyrant
2. Izuchi
3. Khezu

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Here are the results of the mini boss submissions and votes! We will be allowing the top two most votes results! Thank you airConditioner airConditioner for compiling the result! Sorry my internet was down and I had no signal.

Category 1
1. Lynel Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
2. Noivern Paraster Paraster

Category 2
1. Tyrant T-03 Krookodilian Krookodilian
2. Temmie Paraster Paraster

In addition we are also including,

1. Bonkers
2. Devil Car
3. Bulborb
4. Darknut
5. Reaper & Reapette

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s time to vote for which dungeons we want to see be included in Smash Dungeon. We got a variety of responses but we will be including only five for our Direct. Please vote for your top three. Ranked voting is on and you may vote for your own for first, second, or third choice. I added Dungeon names to some of the titles for a more cohesive description scheme.

The City (Urban Dungeon) cashregister9 cashregister9
Party Dungeon AirMac1 AirMac1
Cathedral (Holy Dungeon) Paraster Paraster
The Dump (Trash Dungeon) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Fire World (Fire Dungeon) Jomosensual Jomosensual
Neo Retro Haven (8-Bit Dungeon) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
House (Domicile Dungeon) C chocolatejr9

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So as we continue forward, please continue voting for the dungeons you would like to see be included. We will be adding five of them at the moment to be included in the Direct but there is a chance that we may include more later on.

#105 Pre-Submission Newcomer Discussion: Submit a First Party Heavyweight Newcomer

Beyond the very long title, what does this mean? We are doing this based on feedback from both our previous newcomer submission task and the survey we put out earlier this week. Basically, our next newcomer submission will be a first party heavyweight character. We don’t have any heavyweights in the game yet so we felt it’s about high time we add one in considering they have been a staple (albeit overlooked one) in past games. Heavyweights includes those like Bowser, King Dedede, Donkey Kong, K. Rool, and potentially even ROB and Rosalina.

So what does a pre-submission discussion mean?
This is an attempt to get people brainstorming, discussing, and sharing ideas rather than constantly submitting and voting. This is also to help foster a healthy thread community as opposed to one fueled by competition and short-sightedness.

How will the process look?
We aim to incorporate this into the thread but this will be a trial to see how well it works. Basically...
1. Pre-Submission Discussion period (6 hours)
2. Submission Period (24 hours)
3. Pre-Voting Discussion period (tentative) (6 hours)
4. Voting period (12 hours)
5. Results

The third point, the pre-voting period is tentative as we will have to see how well the first one (pre-submission) works. If it works well, we will continue with this format. This will cause newcomer submissions, discussions, and voting to go from Sunday to Tuesday afternoon/evening according to USA time zones. We feel this format will be extremely beneficial for more controversial additions or more difficult jobs. However, we felt that using this format for the Heavyweight newcomer to be a good way to test the waters.

Submission will not be accepted during this period! If you submit a character, it won’t be grandfathered into the submission period and will be ignored. If you do post one, we won’t include it in the voting candidate list so you will have to repost it again. To avoid posting it twice, please just submit it during submissions. This is purely for discussion and brainstorming only.

We may be doing this for other jobs including assist trophies, stages, and game modes if it’s well received and works well. Considering this is still a trial period, please be considerate and feedback is always appreciated.

So let’s commence with our very first Pre-Submission Newcomer Discussion! Our topic of discussion is a first-party heavyweight newcomer.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Pre-submission discussion about first party heavyweight newcomer.... I honestly don't know where to start, do we just bring up several character that fit that role and elaborate on that more?

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm gonna say it.

Officer Howard could perfectly fit into this category and (s)he deserves it. Let us not delay the inevitable and put Astral Chain in Smash already.

Some other candidates I can think of the top of my head are Edelgard, Black Knight, King Hippo, Black Shadow, and depending on how we implement him, Porky. Pretty sure there are a ton more characters, but these are the ones I could think of right now.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I think the only thing heavy with Howard is literally the Legionis, idk if it can be considered but then again they are floating in midair so they might be a bit lighter like Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think what's really important is to decide what kind of heavyweight we want. There's heavyweights like Snake and Banjo-Kazooie, but then there are super heavyweights-characters like Bowser and K. Rool. I think choosing between one of these is going to help us narrow our choices. It would feel weird to me having, say, King Hippo in the same league as Edelgard, you know what I mean?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Pre-submission discussion about first party heavyweight newcomer.... I honestly don't where to start, do we just bring up several character that fit that role and elaborate on that more?
My thoughts exactly. I guess ill say that im aiming for someone who can fill a more than just the single HW need. Got a few in mind already but ill hold back

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I think what's really important is to decide what kind of heavyweight we want. There's heavyweights like Snake and Banjo-Kazooie, but then there are super heavyweights-characters like Bowser and K. Rool. I think choosing between one of these is going to help us narrow our choices. It would feel weird to me having, say, King Hippo in the same league as Edelgard, you know what I mean?
I think we should go with a super heavyweight character here, as there are characters like Jill Valentine that fit in a heavyweight category, but there are no real Super-Heavyweights.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
What would be a good possible female heavyweight, we don't get many of those, just bringing it out their

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
For context, this was the roster of the Hefty Heavyweights event tourney that was held during October 2019.

Reminder that Jill Valentine's weight is 105, so she wouldn't be considered a Heavyweight according to this tourney. The lightest characters on here are the Belmonts, Ridley and Ike with a weight of 107. Snake has a weight of 106 and isn't available in this tourney.

So it's safe to say we haven't had a real heavyweight in Infinite yet.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The only heavyweight i can think of at the moment is Regigigas, and we obviously can't do that right after Grovyle. I'll keep thinking.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The heavyweight versus super heavyweight is a legitimate point of discussion. As we enter into this pre-submission discussion, please keep the mindset that both of weight types are on the table. Once we get to submissions, we will have a more appropriate answer.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I disagree with the Akira Howard being a heavyweight, in fact I'd think they'd be a lightweight to be perfectly honest. The only reason they feel heavyweight is because they don't really jump in the game from my memory, but they still dodge roll a far amount and I feel if they were to jump they'd jump pretty high.

Throwing in Dillon as he's pretty slow (outside of him rolling in the ball), even though it's pointless as no one would vote him. For a weird left-field pick we could throw in Reyn from Xenoblade. We could include Blood Falcon to replace Old Ganondorf. Everyone else I could think of were already said in the quote below
Black Knight, King Hippo, Black Shadow... Porky.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Counting Super Heavyweight character is pretty easy considering they're always determined by sheer size alone but for normal heavyweight they either need to be bulky like a normal human or wield a big/heavy weapon, does that help narrow things down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom