• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Once Takamaru's home stage wraps up we will move on to a simultaneous assist and mii costume submissions, in which all nintendo retro series will be eligible.
Just to be sure for posterity, the "how long since a new game" requirement is going to stay 15+ years, right?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I vote for Murasame Castle. It just makes sense that it's the stage for the game named after it. Plus I find its layout more interesting, and Aosame Castle might be visually redundant with Suzaku Castle.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Just to be sure for posterity, the "how long since a new game" requirement is going to stay 15+ years, right?
It will be played somewhat case by case, as the Excite series has gotten a game in the last 15 years, but is still considered retro by many. But generally 15 years is a good line to go by. Additionally, series with a non retro fighter, that haven't had a game in the last 15 years, such as Mother and FZero will be excluded from this submission period.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
It will be played somewhat case by case, as the Excite series has gotten a game in the last 15 years, but is still considered retro by many. But generally 15 years is a good line to go by. Additionally, series with a non retro fighter, that haven't had a game in the last 15 years, such as Mother and FZero will be excluded from this submission period.
Yeah I'm aware that some series are exceptions if they have enough of a retro legacy, so to say. I was just speaking more generally

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I apologize for this not being mentioned in the rules anywhere, but Pokemon spirits tend to only have one representative per evolutionary line unless they're from the Charmander line, a split evo, a cross gen evo, or an alolan form / mega. Can both of you please leave a response saying which one of the two you'd like to keep as a spirit? Keep in mind the other one would be getting cut.
Loppuny since she is the evo, you can keep the rest the same

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Spikes spirit was rejected for having no official artwork - however, I did find this art from Sonic Adventure, as well as a relatively high poly model from Sonic 4.

As for Spikes being "unimportant", they're one of the most iconic elements of the Sonic franchise (at least to someone like me who identifies a series from its gameplay before characters and world) so I really don't see that logic.

I also decided to find some artwork we could use for the Nitro Crate.

Also, in defense of the Velo Cruiser - while it is an insignificant part of Nitro Fuelled, it is not to Nitro Kart. In Nito Kart it is driven by all boss racers including the final boss, making it a notable part of the game.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
R.I.P Jinxed Jade. You will be missed. Now for the replacement spirit...
Madame Brood
Debut Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Advanced Class Support (Perfect Shield Reflect)
Song: Broodals Battle
Stage: Kongo Falls Omega Form
Opponents: Giant Peach (Dark Red Alt), Giant Wario (Default Overalls Alt)
Conditions: The Opponent Favors Neutral Special (Wario), Hostile Assist Trophies Spawn (Chain Chomp)
Edit: By the way, does anyone know how to insert drafts? I have a draft for the next assist trophy job, but I forgot how to insert drafts :4pacman:.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
The Spikes spirit was rejected for having no official artwork - however, I did find this art from Sonic Adventure, as well as a relatively high poly model from Sonic 4.

As for Spikes being "unimportant", they're one of the most iconic elements of the Sonic franchise (at least to someone like me who identifies a series from its gameplay before characters and world) so I really don't see that logic.

I also decided to find some artwork we could use for the Nitro Crate.

Also, in defense of the Velo Cruiser - while it is an insignificant part of Nitro Fuelled, it is not to Nitro Kart. In Nito Kart it is driven by all boss racers including the final boss, making it a notable part of the game.
The explanation's left in the google sheets were abbreviated for the spirit teams sake, but I'll try to give better explanations as to why these spirits were cut.

Spikes:
First of all, generally sprites are to be avoided unless the series is mainly sprite based, like Ice Climbers or Mother, or an extremely important character like the Wind Fish. The Sonic series uses all models for their art, so sprites are already iffy for this series. That was the original basis for rejection, but I still don't think the art submitted is really that great. The art just submitted really isn't up to quality with the rest of the Sonic spirits, which is something we've had to take into account with series like Minecraft and SNK in an attempt to make the art cohesive. Additionally, while there are inanimate objects as spirits, the tend to be few and far between, as spirits sort of imply the character is sentient. not to say inanimate objects will be rejected, as shown by the last spirit event, but it certainly doesn't help. Lastly, while it is true the spikes are present in most sonic games, it feels like adding a bottomless pit from mario. It's more of a gameplay mechanic than something that really needs to be made into a spirit. The combination of it not having great art, being inanimate, and being generic is what led to it being cut.

Nitro Crate:
similar story to why the Spikes were cut. All the art in your post was considered already by the spirit team but again its really not to the quality that most spirit artwork is. Additionally, the Nitro crate was the enhanceable form of the TNT crate, so the explosive crates were already represented. it being inanimate also doesn't help its case.

Velo Chopper:
Now this one actually does have art which is nice. However, it seems strange the the Velo Chopper would get in before its signature driver, which is so far not a spirit. Emperor Velo can have a spirit battle which references his presence in the Crash racing series, but the vehicle itself doesn't really need to have its own spirit battle as well. seems a little redundant, especially for a third party in which content is limited.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
It would be difficult for me to choose between Bunnelby or Diggersby. Bunnelby is the first Pokémon that I caught in Shield that did not made their debut in the Galar region. Diggersby has a cool design and has deadly moves.

I’m going to side with Diggersby and have the spirit battle be for Diggersby (but with Lucario being normal sized instead of Tiny)

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Easter Spirits:

Moai_Kids.png
Moai Kids (Rhythm Heaven) (References Easter Island heads)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Neutral, 2 Slots
Effect: None
  • Puppet Fighter: Wario (Dark Blue Biker), Jigglypuff (Bow)
  • Stage: Tortimer Island
  • Music Track: Love Rap
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Certain Items appear in large numbers (Cucco)
1617592403208.png
Eggling (Yoshi Topsy-Turvy)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Transformation Duration ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Yoshi x 11 (one of each color except crafted)
  • Stage: Yoshi's Island
  • Music Track: Flower Field
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Up Special, The enemy favors Neutral Special, Certain items will appear in large numbers (Apple), The enemy is easily distracted by items
1617592567775.png
Birdon (Kirby Super Star) (Artwork: Kirby Super Star Ultra)
Type: Support Grab
Effect: Floaty Jumps, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Falco x 4 (Pink)
  • Stage: Green Greens
  • Music Track: Through the Forest
  • Conditions: The enemy loves to jump, The enemy favors neutral aerial

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
sorry couldn't shill astral chain since no artwork for homunculus egg
Bunston.png

Bunston (The Legendary Starfy)
Class: Ace
Type: Support Defense
Effect: Gravity Change Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: Alph
  • Stage: Rainbow Road
  • Music Track: Corneria
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions: Items will appear in large quantity (Fire Flower)
Snips, Papes, and Ronk (The Legendary Starfy)
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Back Shield Equipped, 3 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Snake (Red), Dark Pit (Cyan), Donkey Kong (Purple)
  • Stage: Tortimer Island
  • Music Track: Dolphin/Whale Training (Endless Ocean)
  • Conditions: Enemy prefers special attacks

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's an egg-related Spirit. I'm honestly not sure if this qualifies (in general) but why not post it?

Dr. Robotnik (American canon)
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Ace class

Song: Final Battle - Banjo-Kazooie
Stage: Shadow Moses Island
Opponents: Giant Wario (Red), metal Falco, metal Morton, metal Diddy Kong, red Kirby with R.O.B. hat x 4
Rules: Fight 4 Kirbies first, then the metals, then finally Wario. Metal Morton has a drill equipped. Bombs will drop during the Wario portion.

If this is considered too distant to gaming, Smash has included content from non-game content tied to games before and considering how directly tied this design is seen as to Mean Bean Machine, how Sega continues to rerelease MBM on compilations and digital storefronts to this day, and how Sega USA intended for players to view Robotnik in this way at the time I don't think it'd be too strange for him to have a Spirit. Also we added Morshu so this really wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for the Spirits we already have. I am willing to change the stage and music since those don't have any ties to MBM but rather SatAM and AoStH.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here's an egg-related Spirit. I'm honestly not sure if this qualifies (in general) but why not post it?

Ace class

Opponents: Giant Wario (Red), metal Falco, metal Morton, metal Diddy Kong, red Kirby with R.O.B. hat x 4
Rules: Fight 4 Kirbies first, then the metals, then finally Wario. Metal Morton has a drill equipped. Bombs will drop during the Wario portion.

If this is considered too distant to gaming, Smash has included content from non-game content tied to games before and considering how directly tied this design is seen as to Mean Bean Machine, how Sega continues to rerelease MBM on compilations and digital storefronts to this day, and how Sega USA intended for players to view Robotnik in this way at the time I don't think it'd be too strange for him to have a Spirit. Also we added Morshu so this really wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for the Spirits we already have.
Incredible your idea deserves a Prrromotion

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I also vote for Murasame Castle (even though Aosome works well-made in a stage concept image).

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Lilith (Darkstalkers 3)
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Lip's Stick Equipped, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Pyra (vibrant red)
  • Stage: Dracula's Castle (Omega)
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions: Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Morrigan)
Gloomy Puppet Show is what bring her here

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Voting has closed, here are the results for Takamaru's stage.

1617618980460.png

With an overwhelming majority of the votes Speed Weed Speed Weed 's Murasame Castle has won, and will be Takamaru’s Home Stage. Not terribly surprising given its the namesake of the game, but I can’t say it's undeserved.

Job #86: Submit a Retro Assist trophy

Just like other series, we will now move on to the surrounding content. However, since existing retro series don’t have their own assist trophies, all first party retro series will be eligible for submission. It will be played somewhat case by case, but no game in the last 15+ years is generally what we will be defining as retro. Mother and F-Zero will be excluded from this submission, since although they haven’t had a game in 15 years, they weren’t added as the retro reps of their game. This means that series which were added as the retro rep and haven’t had a game in the last 15+ years, such as Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Mysterious Murasame Castle etc. are eligible for this job.

With that in mind please submit a first party retro character who will make an appearance as an assist trophy. Please include a description of how they would play, as well as a brief explanation for why you think they should be the character to get in. Keep in mind this disconfirms them as a fighter.

Job #87: Submit a Retro Mii Costume

Just like the Assist trophy, we will also be including one retro mii costume. The same guidelines for the former job will apply here. Please include the description of what the headgear and body will look like, as well as which class of Mii this costume will fall under.

I would also like to remind everyone that the default roster job is still open. We have a couple submissions already, but given that this is a rather important decision we want to leave time for more people to submit. If you lack the skills to make a mockup, a description will suffice, such as organized by fighter number in a rectangle. The more submissions the better!

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Retro Mii Costume

Mach Rider (♂/♀)

This will be a costume for Mii Gunner, this is a unique case because this is probably the first costume where their gender alternate changes outfit entirely rather than it being a skinnier version of the male Mach Rider with the added chest buns. And don't worry about the image because in Smash the female outfit will be slightly altered​

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #86
Assist Trophy: Muddy Mole

Muddy appears on stage and digs into the ground. He'll appear in a random part of the stage and jump up from and back into the ground and create a pitfall. Every 3rd jump out of 9 he will throw a heavy steel ball which rolls until either it falls off the stage or Muddy spawns another ball, which makes the previous one disappear. Balls reflect off walls. Muddy can be defeated, and makes Mole Mania hit sound effects. Muddy is a character with a cult following and is a poster boy of sorts for lesser known Nintendo IP. His inclusion as an AT would make many fans happy - you should see how much hype spread in the Mole Mania fandom when the Spirit was confirmed, heh!

Mii Costume: Jill (Drill Dozer) wig

Much like the Barbara the Bat or Dixie Kong wig, there is no body to go along with Jill's absurd hairstyle. When moving at high speed (be that through running or kockback) the pigtails uncurl, but are usually curled up. Her communicators (white ball things) are there, but have been moved down to resemble earrings as a slight design revision, though they are still quite big. Game Freak's non-Pokemon releases have recieved minimal representation in Smash and Drill Dozer is often seen as one of their best works. People unfamiliar with Drill Dozer may delight in the absurd design of Jill's hairstyle and use it for "ugly" Miis - in addition to the obvious choice of characters with similar hair styles, but I'm sure you've heard that story over and over again.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 86
Assist Trophy: Tractor Trailer (Stunt Race FX)
Tractor_Trailer.png

Hailing from Stunt Race FX, the semi truck appears on stage and drives around ramming into fighters causing heavy knockback, doing donuts spinning its trailer around hitting opponents as well can reverse doing a 360 degree spin. This large living vehicle can be defeated, but it will take a lot of time due to being so tanky and bulky able to take lots of hits and attacks.

Stunt Race was the second game to use the FX chip which was first used by Star Fox, it's a classic game and I would love to see a vehicle as an assist trophy.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
here's an easter spirit
Star Bunny (Super Mario Galaxy)
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Bunny Ears equiped, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Sonic (Silver)
  • Stage: Mario Galaxy
  • Music Track: Egg Planet (Original) (Super Mario Galaxy
  • Conditions: Enemy prefers to avoid combat, Enemy starts with Bunny Ears, Enemy is Small

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Retro Assist

The Amazon

The Amazon is one of the playable character in Pro Wrestling on the NES, considering that there's already an assist trophy named Starman from Earthbound I thought it would be better if I choose him, other option is Fighter Hayabusa who appear in the main cover of the game but he's too vanilla.

Anyway, when he spawned into the battlefield he has 2 option of attacking.​
  1. He will preform a dash attack where he will do a dropkick that launch you far away and a ground tackle where he will pin you to the ground where the summoner could follow it up with a move, you can escape from it by mashing the button​
  2. He will try to grab you, like any normal grab he will do a pummel by biting their head, the throws is also similar to a normal throw but he only had 3:​
    • Knee drop​
    • Piledriver​
    • Musclebuster​

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Retro Spirits:
bird2.png
Nitpicker (Ice Climber)
Type: Support Attack
Effect: Floaty Jumps, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Falco x3 (Red)
  • Stage: Summit
  • Music Track: Ice Climber (Melee)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Forward Aerial
moth2.png
Butterfly (Vs. Ice Climber)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Shield, 2 Slots
Effect: Additional Midair Jump
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Meta Knight (White)
  • Music Track: Ice Climber (Brawl)
  • Match: Stock (1), Time (1:00)
  • Conditions: Hazard: Ice Floor, Survive until the timer runs out
Bee.png
Bee (Vs. Ice Climber)
Type: Primary Attack
Effect: Air Attack ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Pit x 4 (Pink)
  • Music Track: Ice Climber (Brawl)
  • Conditions: Certain items will appear in large numbers (Beehive), The enemy favors aerials

Ace class

If this is considered too distant to gaming, Smash has included content from non-game content tied to games before and considering how directly tied this design is seen as to Mean Bean Machine, how Sega continues to rerelease MBM on compilations and digital storefronts to this day, and how Sega USA intended for players to view Robotnik in this way at the time I don't think it'd be too strange for him to have a Spirit. Also we added Morshu so this really wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for the Spirits we already have. I am willing to change the stage and music since those don't have any ties to MBM but rather SatAM and AoStH.
While there is some precedent for non game content to be included in smash, its still is by far the exception and not the norm. Cylindria and Spiral, from the show Pac-man and the ghostly adventures, were rejected, and I think this is a similar case. Eggman already has a spirit, so a version of him that was made for a north american only cartoon, that happened to be used in one localization of puyo puyo isn't especially needed. Not that this would change the decision, but as far as I can tell there's no art of this design that originates from a game either. The spirit team will also be taking another look at whether Morshu makes sense as an inclusion.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Will a Nights assist trphy be elligable, I'm asking in advanced and I have him so dont copy

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is someone that I think everyone wants back

Stanly the Bugman
The star of Donkey Kong 3, he disappeared since then with the exception of a snes prototype from that leak a while back, the reason I want in smash as a trophy is that over the years this little guy has been more and more popular as the unsung hero of the Donkey Kong verse and they want him back

As a trophy Stanly will walk side by side, if a fighter comes near by he uses his bug spray to scoop them up and juggle then with pesticide, when he juggles he uses the same tactics from his orginal arcade machine, the sprays are weak but they can wreck up damage if you not good at escaping juggles, I say each spray causes like 4 damage per spray but they have decent knockback and again it can rack up, he can also jump down semisolids like his home game and can be KO, he is pretty light so he isnt the hardest to KO

Again many people want this guy back and what better place than in smash

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #87 Retro Mii Costume: Sukapon
1617640201995.png

Sukapon would be a brawler, with the head as the head, and the body feet and hands as the body. Like the Creeper and Pig Mii costumes the limbs would be floating. I figure its a good way to honor Sukapon's second place in the retro fighter vote.​

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job #86: Retro Assist Trophy: Lolo and Lala (Adventures of Lolo)

1617644029927.png

The two of them will appear on the stage, and they would push emerald blocks across the screen. (They can't spawn on larger or moving stages). Fighters that are hit won't take damage, but they would be pushed back (think if one of Steve's block moved.)

Job #87: Retro Mii Costume: Prince Sable (For The Frog the Bell Tolls)
1617643155192.png

Prince Sable would be a Mii Swordfighter costume. His hair would be the Head piece.​

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #86: Bubbles

Clu Clu Land screenshot.gif

Remember Clu Clu Land? No? Then it must be retro! Clu Clu Land is an arcade game in which the player, as Bubbles, must collect treasure while avoiding Uniras (those spiky balls that are also an item in Smash). The problem is that Bubbles just moves forward nonstop, and so she can only turn by grabbing onto poles and spinning around them. The AT would work like the Ghosts, Sheriff and Color TV Game, as it basically spawns the game itself on the stage. Bubbles and the Unira would damage players on contact, whereas Bubbles can also attack Unira, which makes them fall to the stage as items. Bubbles herself, like most ATs, can be attacked and defeated, but because of her speed and damage on contact it's inadvisable. What's safe to attack are the poles, which can reduce Bubbles' range of movement or even potentially trap her on a path offscreen (which KOs her and ends the AT).

Job #87: Mr. Stevenson

From the classic NES Zapper game Gumshoe, it's Mr. Stevenson! I realized we don't have a detective Mii Costume yet, and why not him? The headgear would be his hat while the suit would be his trenchcoat. It would be available for both Brawler and Gunner types, with Gunner using the NES Zapper.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight boys, this was tough. Right off the bat, my #1 pick for an assist was off the table, having missed the "15+ years" guideline by a single year, and my main two picks for a Mii costume were already submitted, so I had to look for some alternatives.

I had, like, 10 picks for an AT, it was ridiculous, there were so many good ones I could use, and for the Mii, I had to sift through Nintendo's IP library to find another idea I liked. But ultimately I did it. So without further ado...

Retro Assist Trophy Submission: Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness
1202.png

Last game: 2002

Alex Roivas is one of the playable characters and the main protagonist in the cult classic GameCube horror game Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Alex is a university student from Washington who travels to her family's estate after her grandfather is killed. Exploring the mansion to try and find out what happened, she comes across a secret book named the Tome of Eternal Darkness, through which she discovers a horrifying truth about the fate of the world.

What Eternal Darkness is probably most known for is the Sanity Effects - ya had a meter, and whenever you saw an undead creature, the meter would decrease, and as it decreases, the game begins to screw with you. Books suddenly flying from one bookshelf to another, the sound of footsteps following Alex even though no one else is there, and the most memorable ones are probably the hardware tricks, such as the volume changing on its own or the game actually pretending it deleted your memory card. This is more or less what her function as an assist is referencing: she appears on the stage, might blurt some line out, but after that, a tense atmosphere starts to surround the fight, and although it's nothing as crazy as the original tricks mentioned before, she differentiates herself from most other "interference"-type Assists by only affecting your opponents, thus actually assisting you. Some of the things that can happen to them include continually raising the damage percentage on its own, shrinking or slowing down.

I think she could be cool because the general idea of the Sanity Effects is one that lends itself well to an AT function, and Eternal Darkness itself is actually pretty well-loved among Nintendo's dead IP vault: yet it took until Ultimate for the game to get any Smash representation.

Retro Mii Costume Submission: Ryota Hayami from Wave Race
1158.png

Last game: 2001

Ryota Hayami is pretty much the closest there is to a face of the Wave Race series: of the three games, I think the only one he's missed out on is the original Game Boy game.

...There's not that much to say about him actually. Look, I'll be direct here: Wave Race is epic and Ryota's design is epic. And Sukapon and Sablé Prince were taken.

Oh yeah, he'd be a Mii Brawler along with his hairstyle as a wig.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 86:

Retro Mii Assist Trophy:

NES Golfer

Sticking with the sports game theme for my AT since someone else got to Pro Wrestling first. NES Golfer(or just golfer I guess?) will spawn around the stage and hit golf balls at the fighters. Getting hit by balls causes a bit of damage and knockback. Getting hit by the golf club causes a ton of damage.

Job 87:
Retro Mii Costume - Starman

Sure, he lost the poll to become a new fighter, but why not as a Mii Costume? Obviously of the 3 he'd be a Mii Brawler. He'd come with the star mask, boots, and the trunks get replaced by wrestling pants. Selecting the color for the Mii Costume will change the mii's skin color as well.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
We've had some nice submissions for Takamaru's moveset! Thank you guys for your submissions, we will now commence the voting on it. Per usual, this is ranked voting. Though voting for your own moveset is not allowed.

Please vote for your top two, here are the available movesets:

@Perkilator Moveset
@Adrianette Bromide Moveset
@SharkLord Moveset
@cashregister9 Moveset

Besides the voting, we have a new Job Prompt to keep you guys busy for a bit...

Job #83: Submit the Character Select Screen

While we already voted on what our default roster will be, that being first party mascot characters for each series besides retro reps, we haven’t decided how this roster would be displayed.

So for this job it's up to you to decide how our fighters will be presented to the player! Please provide a sufficient enough description so that the placement of every character can be determined on your character select screen. It can be as simple as “rows of 13 in fighter order”, or complex enough to where a mockup may be required to better convey your idea. The rosters don’t have to be limited to a rectangle shape like they have been in previous smash games, and can be in any shape, as long as it is feasible to do so. Keep in mind that the starting roster is quite small, so the format for the roster will have to be able to accommodate the addition of all of the unlockable fighters. So for this submission please include a description or image describing how the default CSS would appear.

Here is a list of things to include:
  • Title of roster (which name we will put to vote for)
  • Method of organization (fighter number, date, series etc.)
  • Shape and dimension of roster Placement of fighters (if it is a custom placement and does not follow an obvious pattern)
  • Mockup (optional)

There are always other Fighting Game Character Select Screens to use as inspiration if that helps! Have fun and good luck!
Not sure if this counts but I'll post it anyways

Job 83

Sortable Selection Screen:

So the way I see it, everyone is going to want to have it different. Some people want it by series because it looks more organized. Others might be used to seeing it by the Smash numbers and don't want to relearn where all the characters are. Some might want it to be alphabetical so it's not so hard to find who you're looking for. So why not do all of them? That way everyone can have what they're looking for and use what looks the best or is easiest for them. We could even throw in a few extra ones that freely show off some stats that the player usually can't see on their own. Here's the categories I'd include:
By Smash Numbers(default)
By Series
By Alphabet
By Height
By Weight
By Power
By Speed
By Ownership(First or Third Party)
Most Played

Anything that would result in a tie, so for example, 2 characters having the same power, would be broken by who was introduced in Smash first. The user interface would also remain very similar to the traditional Smash style.

DLC characters would also be grouped into it as well so that way we don't have this weird section of the screen where everything is nice and neat and then at the end a mess of whoever gets added.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
With both Muddy Mole and Stanley already taken, I guess I have to go with the next best thing...
Job 86: Foreman Spike

Foreman Spike would join Smash as an Assist Trophy! Foreman Spike would run around the stage, hitting people with his hammer. It deals some damage and launches, but not that far. Foreman Spike can take out a bomb and throw it, dealing heavy damage and launching farther than the hammer. Foreman Spike also has the option of whistling with his hands and calling an Eggplant Man, who walks out from behind him. The Eggplant Man is smarter than your average Goomba, as Eggplant Men turn around when hitting a wall or ledge. The Eggplant Man runs around the stage, and when it gets close to a fighter, it punches them twice, like a one two punch. The maximum amount of Eggplant Men that Foreman Spike can summon at a time is 6. They don't deal a lot of damage and can be K.O.ed very easily, but when the maximum amount is reached, the Eggplant Men can become quite the nuisance.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
After this thing are we doing more smash dungeon enemies, because I have been thinking of some ideas for this guy for the returning enemies

The Mizzui the lost smash enemy

With how many like this post is getting does anyone want me to explain my idea for implementing the character even though it's not smash dungeon enemy time

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Assist Trophy: F-1 Racer
Series: F-1 Racer (1984)

When summoned, the racer will appear and, like how Captain Falcon’s Final Smash starts off, blasts forward into the background from the foreground. Several racers will do this and will be random between 8 to 14 altogether.

Mii Costume: Donbe
Series: Shin Onigashima (1987)

While we would be missing Hikari, having the raucous kid known as Donbe would be great to add as a Mii Swordfighter. If we want to go even more crazy, we could include another version using the more grown-up version.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Assist Trophy: F-1 Racer
Series: F-1 Racer (1984)

When summoned, the racer will appear and, like how Captain Falcon’s Final Smash starts off, blasts forward into the background from the foreground. Several racers will do this and will be random between 8 to 14 altogether.

Mii Costume: Imajin
Series: Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic (1987)

View attachment 310172

While not exactly an iconic or legendary character, this Mii Costume got the Brawler would certainly be interesting. Not only fir it’s more eastern/desert-flair but also for its legacy and connection to the Mario series.
Imajin is a non-game character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom