• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
So, I think our new Mii classes should fit in with the old Mii classes, first and foremost. To find out what exactly that means, we can look at traits from the three other Mii classes.
  • They are intended to be anyone you want them to be. This is why their movesets aren't specific references to anything Mii-related, and why we even get character-based costumes for them in the first place. They're intended to let your favorite characters, or even you yourself, join the battle.
  • They're based on common character types in Smash. Barehanded fighters, swordwielders, and projectile users have been part of Smash for ages. In a sense, making a Mii based on a character you like is sort of like giving them a safe, by-the-book moveset similar to previous characters of this nature without any special gimmicks. Also, many Mii specials are based on specials from other characters.
  • They're based on common character types in fiction. Perhaps this overlaps with the second point, but I think it's worth looking at this separately. We had more pentuple-jumping orb characters than we had characters with gun arms when the Miis were introduced, but I think it would have been a bit of a mistake to have a Mii Puffball in lieu of the Gunners. After all, characters with gun hands, or characters with guns in general as Gunners get abstracted to, are much more common than puffballs.
  • Their weapon is the biggest identifier of their class. Literally, in the case of their stock icons in Ultimate. Brawlers use fists, Swordfighters use swords, Gunners use guns. When a character's appearance can be as varied as a Mii, it's a great benefit, I think, to have a unique weapon as a class's visual anchor.
  • Finally, and a bit less important, they have an associated default color, which is designed to pair well with the others. The original three have the primary colors of pigment - red, blue, yellow. To pair well with those, we could add green, then purple, and then maybe orange, then pink; depending on how many classes we wish to add, of course.
So, with all this in mind, what gaps are left by the original three Mii classes, and what could potentially fill them? Well, here's my ideas, starting with the best and working to the more out-there ones.
  • Mii Mage: Well-trod ground at this point. Like the Mii Gunner, there's not many characters with this class' specific weapon (Gunner had Samus and Mega Man, who was introduced in the same game) - our only staffwielders are Palutena and Ashley. However, just like Mii Gunner, there's quite a few more characters that suit this class more generally: Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, Ness. The Mii Mage's normals could be inspired by the sort of elegant, graceful staff-fighting you tend to get from mage characters... and don't really get from a Swordfighter. I don't see them as a "pelt with projectiles" character like the Mii Gunner is, but more of a midrange character with a couple of projectiles on them. A good fit for purple or green, and strikes me as being female by default like the Mii Gunner is.
  • Mii Beast: Maybe also called the Mii Titan, or Mii Heavyweight or... something. This class is inspired by heavyweight characters like Bowser, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, or King Dedede. It's certainly a unique mechanical niche for the Mii Fighters, and a longstanding character type in Smash. Feels a bit like a green class to me. My main issue with this is: what weapon would they use? Characters like this normally use their fists, but that's the same thing the Brawler does. Claws, maybe (that's why I chose the Beast name), but I'm not sure how many character costumes we could do with those. Maybe if we animate them carefully, a Mii Beast could look like they're punching, using claws, or using a knife or something; but that feels a bit hard to execute.
  • Mii Dual-Wielder: Not what it should actually be called. I'm including this one mostly off of the strength of its weapon. I think a Mii that dual-wields swords stands out from the rest perfectly and still has a fair amount of characters that could be repped by one. Maybe this could be that Mii Ninja y'all are talking about.
...I tried thinking of more classes, but really, most of them ended up feeling too specific. Really, I think the ones I mentioned are the only ones I could see being broad enough to really work... and even then, all of them feel a bit dodgy for one reason or another. The Mii Mage's staff is not held too differently from the "swords" of some Swordfighter costumes; the Beast doesn't have a good weapon lined up at all; and the Dual-Wielder/Ninja/Whatever feels... I don't know, the Dual-Wielder name blatantly sucks and "Ninja" feels too specific.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To reiterate,

Adding another Mii Fighter class will consume a newcomer slot. Adding 3 will consume 3 slots.

This discussion is to 1) gauge support in pursuing this after we haphazardly voted on it previously without thinking of the consequences and 2) exploring possible ideas for a potential Mii Classes to see if they are warranted.

From what I am gathering, the thread feels that 1-3 new classes is warranted. Does this belief still hold up when faced with the elimination of a newcomer roster spot? This has always been on my mind after we finished voting on that back in, like, January. We never dedicated any time to discussing the matter and the winning vote (Yes) was left hanging there. This is an attempt to revisit this and see if we are all still ok to add Mii Fighter classes while facing using up a roster spot.

Before anyone asks, the new Mii Fighter classes will be classified as #94 and beyond if we go that route. They will be treated as a new character and be placed after Reimu.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, I think our new Mii classes should fit in with the old Mii classes, first and foremost. To find out what exactly that means, we can look at traits from the three other Mii classes.
  • They are intended to be anyone you want them to be. This is why their movesets aren't specific references to anything Mii-related, and why we even get character-based costumes for them in the first place. They're intended to let your favorite characters, or even you yourself, join the battle.
  • They're based on common character types in Smash. Barehanded fighters, swordwielders, and projectile users have been part of Smash for ages. In a sense, making a Mii based on a character you like is sort of like giving them a safe, by-the-book moveset similar to previous characters of this nature without any special gimmicks. Also, many Mii specials are based on specials from other characters.
  • They're based on common character types in fiction. Perhaps this overlaps with the second point, but I think it's worth looking at this separately. We had more pentuple-jumping orb characters than we had characters with gun arms when the Miis were introduced, but I think it would have been a bit of a mistake to have a Mii Puffball in lieu of the Gunners. After all, characters with gun hands, or characters with guns in general as Gunners get abstracted to, are much more common than puffballs.
  • Their weapon is the biggest identifier of their class. Literally, in the case of their stock icons in Ultimate. Brawlers use fists, Swordfighters use swords, Gunners use guns. When a character's appearance can be as varied as a Mii, it's a great benefit, I think, to have a unique weapon as a class's visual anchor.
  • Finally, and a bit less important, they have an associated default color, which is designed to pair well with the others. The original three have the primary colors of pigment - red, blue, yellow. To pair well with those, we could add green, then purple, and then maybe orange, then pink; depending on how many classes we wish to add, of course.
So, with all this in mind, what gaps are left by the original three Mii classes, and what could potentially fill them? Well, here's my ideas, starting with the best and working to the more out-there ones.
  • Mii Mage: Well-trod ground at this point. Like the Mii Gunner, there's not many characters with this class' specific weapon (Gunner had Samus and Mega Man, who was introduced in the same game) - our only staffwielders are Palutena and Ashley. However, just like Mii Gunner, there's quite a few more characters that suit this class more generally: Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, Ness. The Mii Mage's normals could be inspired by the sort of elegant, graceful staff-fighting you tend to get from mage characters... and don't really get from a Swordfighter. I don't see them as a "pelt with projectiles" character like the Mii Gunner is, but more of a midrange character with a couple of projectiles on them. A good fit for purple or green, and strikes me as being female by default like the Mii Gunner is.
  • Mii Beast: Maybe also called the Mii Titan, or Mii Heavyweight or... something. This class is inspired by heavyweight characters like Bowser, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, or King Dedede. It's certainly a unique mechanical niche for the Mii Fighters, and a longstanding character type in Smash. Feels a bit like a green class to me. My main issue with this is: what weapon would they use? Characters like this normally use their fists, but that's the same thing the Brawler does. Claws, maybe (that's why I chose the Beast name), but I'm not sure how many character costumes we could do with those. Maybe if we animate them carefully, a Mii Beast could look like they're punching, using claws, or using a knife or something; but that feels a bit hard to execute.
  • Mii Dual-Wielder: Not what it should actually be called. I'm including this one mostly off of the strength of its weapon. I think a Mii that dual-wields swords stands out from the rest perfectly and still has a fair amount of characters that could be repped by one. Maybe this could be that Mii Ninja y'all are talking about.
...I tried thinking of more classes, but really, most of them ended up feeling too specific. Really, I think the ones I mentioned are the only ones I could see being broad enough to really work... and even then, all of them feel a bit dodgy for one reason or another. The Mii Mage's staff is not held too differently from the "swords" of some Swordfighter costumes; the Beast doesn't have a good weapon lined up at all; and the Dual-Wielder/Ninja/Whatever feels... I don't know, the Dual-Wielder name blatantly sucks and "Ninja" feels too specific.
I think Mii Beast/Titan's weapon of choice could be their thicc belly and hefty headbutts - maybe even some real rough stuff like biting. Still a physical fighter, but very different from Brawler.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mii Beast: Maybe also called the Mii Titan, or Mii Heavyweight or... something. This class is inspired by heavyweight characters like Bowser, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, or King Dedede. It's certainly a unique mechanical niche for the Mii Fighters, and a longstanding character type in Smash. Feels a bit like a green class to me. My main issue with this is: what weapon would they use? Characters like this normally use their fists, but that's the same thing the Brawler does. Claws, maybe (that's why I chose the Beast name), but I'm not sure how many character costumes we could do with those. Maybe if we animate them carefully, a Mii Beast could look like they're punching, using claws, or using a knife or something; but that feels a bit hard to execute.
Why use a weapon when they are the weapon? With this, I'm imagining body slams and grapples for days. Almost as if Bob from Tekken and Zangief did the Fusion Dance.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Honestly, I would probably vote for not adding a new Mii class at all if it came down to it. Getting new ones would be cool, but I think it would probably make more sense to prioritize conventional newcomers.

I think Mii Beast/Titan's weapon of choice could be their thicc belly and hefty headbutts - maybe even some real rough stuff like biting. Still a physical fighter, but very different from Brawler.
Why use a weapon when they are the weapon? With this, I'm imagining body slams and grapples for days. Almost as if Bob from Tekken and Zangief did the Fusion Dance.
Don't forget using heavy stuff as improvised weapons like cars, telephone poles, boulders, trees and more.
I mean, yes, this is all very plausible stuff for a moveset, but I'm not sure it's as... immediately visually obvious as "this one punch, this one slash, this one shoot", is my point. Can't really put "big body" on a stock icon like you can with a fist, sword, or gun.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I want a class that has its attacks be part of a larger mana bar that drains the more special attacks you use it

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Perhaps this is just me, but I'm really sure I can visualize a "titan" mii working to the same degree as the other classes. The others still have a standard mii as the base character, merely holding a different weapon. What we're discussing right know seems to be some sort of Hulk/Zangief type character, which changes the whole build of a mii, to where its no longer a mii, and simply a customizable character named mii.
1624943930847.png

vs.
1624943775517.png

If we make some fat bulky titan mii, It would really only be a mii in face and name only, based on the descriptions I'm hearing at least. Not to mention that the heavy characters in smash don't exactly have a consistent weapon/playstyle beyond being heavy to be represented with this mii.​

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we have to add a new Mii at all, I think it'd be best if we had a Mii Mage. There's a couple Swordfighters like Ashley (Who we made an actual fighter anyways), Viridi, and Aerith that just look really awkward as Swordfighters. I'd say they'd be a secondary projectile character, kinda like how we have both the Brawler and the Swordfighter. The spells would also give some room to a some tricky moves, like teleports and remote-controlled projectiles. Stuff like that.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Perhaps this is just me, but I'm really sure I can visualize a "titan" mii working to the same degree as the other classes. The others still have a standard mii as the base character, merely holding a different weapon. What we're discussing right know seems to be some sort of Hulk/Zangief type character, which changes the whole build of a mii, to where its no longer a mii, and simply a customizable character named mii.
View attachment 321072
vs.
View attachment 321070
If we make some fat bulky titan mii, It would really only be a mii in face and name only, based on the descriptions I'm hearing at least. Not to mention that the heavy characters in smash don't exactly have a consistent weapon/playstyle beyond being heavy to be represented with this mii.​
Smash Miis are already completely detached from their origin.

The anatomy, outfit, and overall vibe/aesthetic have nothing in common with normal Miis. They don't even use Guest Miis as their faces in renders.

Not to mention that a lot of Mii costumes (Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy, Bomberman. Black Knight) are intentionally designed to not resemble Miis.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Smash Miis are already completely detached from their origin.

The anatomy, outfit, and overall vibe/aesthetic have nothing in common with normal Miis. They don't even use Guest Miis as their faces in renders.

Not to mention that a lot of Mii costumes (Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy, Bomberman. Black Knight) are intentionally designed to not resemble Miis.
Its less so that they match the function of normal miis in their home games, but rather the three mii fighters right now all have the same body type of a standard mii. Presumably a fourth one would too, and I can’t see a Titan Mii sharing the same build as the current miis, unlike a Mage mii for example, who could easily have the same stature as the other three simply with a different weapon.
(either way I’d rather include a standard fighter over another Mii)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
How would a Mii Mage fight? Not talking about specials, I mean their tilt and smash attacks and such.

Seeing how people want Viridi, Ashley, and Aerith to become Mii mages, it seems the general consensus is that they should wield staffs. So, how they would use them in a way that doesn't clash with Mii Swordfighter?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the three mii fighters right now all have the same body type of a standard mii.
They... don't though.

These are almost the utmost opposites you can get out of "medium sized late-teen-to-young-adult cartoon male human" proportions-wise. One has visible ankles, knees, shoulders, and elbows; fingers; and a slightly protruding chest - the other is just a bunch of cylinders.

Not to mention: there was never a guideline for how Miis should be shaped in the first place. Some games they have feet, some games they don't. Some games they have arms and fingers, some games they just have floating balls for hands. Some games they're rendered with a level of anatomical correctness, others they've got cylinders for torsos.

In Nintendo Land they get buff and turn into some weird springy vehicle contraption

Oh yeah, and uhh... y'know...

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
They... don't though.

These are almost the utmost opposites you can get out of "medium sized late-teen-to-young-adult cartoon male human" proportions-wise. One has visible ankles, knees, shoulders, and elbows; fingers; and a slightly protruding chest - the other is just a bunch of cylinders.

Not to mention: there was never a guideline for how Miis should be shaped in the first place. Some games they have feet, some games they don't. Some games they have arms and fingers, some games they just have floating balls for hands. Some games they're rendered with a level of anatomical correctness, others they've got cylinders for torsos.

In Nintendo Land they get buff and turned into some weird springy vehicle contraption

Oh yeah, and uhh... y'know...
Perhaps “standard” was the wrong term.

I’m mainly talking about how the official art of the three mii fighters have them all at pretty much the same height and dimensions. They have different outfits of course, but to me at least they all seem to be built similarly, if not identical. I assume a fourth mii class would continue this trend, and don’t see how a huge buff titan mii could do so.

imo a fourth mii fighter would have the same dimenions as the other three, to maintain visual cohesion as one of the mii fighters. A titan Mii would cease to feel like a mii, personally, when the dimenions of a smash mii have already been established (within a certain range of course).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Perhaps “standard” was the wrong term.

I’m mainly talking about how the official art of the three mii fighters have them all at pretty much the same height and dimensions. They have different outfits of course, but to me at least they all seem to be built similarly, if not identical. I assume a fourth mii class would continue this trend, and don’t see how a huge buff titan mii could do so.

imo a fourth mii fighter would have the same dimenions as the other three, to maintain visual cohesion as one of the mii fighters. A titan Mii would cease to feel like a mii, personally, when the dimenions of a smash mii have already been established (within a certain range of course).

So you think a whole character should not be added... because of visual cohesion in promo art?? Am I reading this correctly? What is this faux-OCD logic? I'm trying to be civil, but this take is so bizarre I can't even come up with a response.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

So you think a whole character should not be added... because of visual cohesion in promo art?? Am I reading this correctly? What is this faux-OCD logic? I'm trying to be civil, but this take is so bizarre I can't even come up with a response.
71237E7D-FCD1-44DE-B985-11EF81263446.jpeg

Yes.
My interpretation of the miis is that they’re more or less supposed to be the same base model/structure/whatever you wanna call it, with a different weapon/playstyle. Its not just promo art either, I’m pretty sure the default mii’s for all three classes are also just as visually/dimensionally similar as their official arts are.
F2D8EFB9-D6D3-4FA5-AC29-EF36AE095C57.png

Less sticking to promo art, and more of what I believe to be the design philosophy behind the mii fighters in the first place.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 321080
Yes.
My interpretation of the miis is that they’re more or less supposed to be the same base model/structure/whatever you wanna call it, with a different weapon/playstyle. Its not just promo art either, I’m pretty sure the default mii’s for all three classes are also just as visually/dimensionally similar as their official arts are.
View attachment 321082
Less sticking to promo art, and more of what I believe to be the design philosophy behind the mii fighters in the first place.
But doesn't that defeat the whole point of a customisable fighter? To be limited to a single body shape? Anyway, it doesn't really matter what the initial design philosophy was - look at Donkey Kong. In (our universe's) Smash he only uses one or two moves from his games (the hand slap, and the punch which could be considered a reference to DKC2's ending), when Diddy Kong was added he used 3 or 4, give or take (2 of his specials, the cartwheel, probably a small few others), now come K. Rool almost his entire kit is a reference to something or other - down to a minigame from Donkey Konga of all things being referenced. A reverse extreme would be Bowser Jr. and Game & Watch - two characters who focus on having tons of different unconventional weapons. Mr. Game & Watch uses something from a G&W game for every single move with naught an exception, while some of Bowser Jr's moveset is references to established elements and some of it is things that have never appeared in a Mario game before or since.

Under your Mii logic, should we add Krystal, we'll make everything up because that's what they did for Fox. Should we add Tails or Eggman, they should be designed around "one button gameplay", because that's what they did for Sonic.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
But doesn't that defeat the whole point of a customisable fighter? To be limited to a single body shape?
Potentially, but the original three mii fighters already have the same body shape. They were introduced that way in Smash 4, and it was a trait carried over into Ultimate, even though they got new designs. As you showed earlier, Mii's designs vary from game to game, so they were designed intentionally in both installments to all have the same shape, so I think it makes sense for a hypothetical fourth mii to follow the trend. Unless we're going to overhaul the whole Mii fighter system to have both the weapon and build choosable separately, like in Skylanders Imaginators (real ones will know), I think we should keep a potential new mii with the same build as the rest.

To be honest, I'm also not sure I understand your points about a lack of moveset reference consistency across fighters. Those will vary depending on the playstyle Sakurai wanted to go for, the role within the series (such as playable character or boss) and what available source material the character has to pull from. But even then, my point was solely about a new Mii Fighter's visual appearance (I have no qualms about new plastyles). Sheik got a brand new design (or at least a design only from concept art) to match the style of Twilight Princess in Brawl, so visual cohesion is definitely something thats considered for Smash (Mario also got the cursed hyper realistic denim Which I hope we never got back to).

Also regarding your point about Fox and Krystal, they did sort of do exactly that for both Falco in Melee and Wolf in Brawl so I wouldn't write it out lol. (Although, from my admittedly limited knowledge of the Star Fox series, I gather that Krystal has more actiony moves to pull from thanks to Adventures so she would probably not end up being a semi clone of Fox). To apply my logic to Krystal would be to expect a new design for her inspired by Star Fox Zero, just like Wolf got. However, I wouldn't even call the Krystal scenario analogous to a fourth mii fighter, as the Mii fighters are brand new designs solely introduced for smash, whereas Krystal already has designs to pull from.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Potentially, but the original three mii fighters already have the same body shape. They were introduced that way in Smash 4, and it was a trait carried over into Ultimate, even though they got new designs. As you showed earlier, Mii's designs vary from game to game, so they were designed intentionally in both installments to all have the same shape, so I think it makes sense for a hypothetical fourth mii to follow the trend. Unless we're going to overhaul the whole Mii fighter system to have both the weapon and build choosable separately, like in Skylanders Imaginators (real ones will know), I think we should keep a potential new mii with the same build as the rest.
So, I'm really not grasping what you're trying to say but as far as I can tell it's "Sakurai designed the Miis to be similar, so a 4th Mii should also be consistent with this philosophy."

Why should we stick to Sakurai's supposed "vision" or "philosophy" - which he has never publically said or even alluded to in words I should add - if we don't agree with it?

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
So, I'm really not grasping what you're trying to say but as far as I can tell it's "Sakurai designed the Miis to be similar, so a 4th Mii should also be consistent with this philosophy."

Why should we stick to Sakurai's supposed "vision" or "philosophy" - which he has never publically said or even alluded to in words I should add - if we don't agree with it?
Yeah, I mean if three characters were introduced alongside each other all looking virtually identical, except for their weapons (and hair/face/outfit which are all customizable), and a fourth one were to join these three, I think it should/would follow the same design trends, of being a similar build but with a different weapon.

For the Record, I think they're fine being similar dimensions, so I don't have a problem making the fourth one match visually. If we vote to include a Titan Mii then its not the end of the world, I just don't view it as something very realistic or cohesive, which are not things everyone values or even agrees with in the first place.

(I dont even want to include a fourth mii fighter so I'm not completely sure why I'm arguing we should implement it a certain way in the first place)

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Anyways, my own 2 cents:

Honestly, I think people are kinda overlooking the fact that Miis do take up a first-party fighter's spot.

I'd personally prefer having a first-party newcomer instead of a fourth Mii. Having either a Mage or a "Titan" Mii would infringe a bit on the movesets of Mii Swordfighter and Mii Brawler respectively, so I don't really see any justification for these new Mii Fighters to take up a spot of a character that could potentially either expand an already represented franchise in Smash (think of LoZ, DK, Xenoblade, etc.) or add in an entirely new first-party series that could bring over tons of side-content with them (Ring Fit, Astral Chain, Advance Wars, etc.).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can fully get behind the idea of a Mii Mage idea as a character who can cast spells; with our without the help of a mage staff. For example, a neutral special could be co hiring a massive magical push that’s akin to Palutena’s Barrier. Cause you know many of the Mii Fighters utilize moves from other characters. That said, I could see people saying it would just be a mix of Gunner/Swordfighter.

I really like some of the ideas that’s been brought forward to things like Mii Duelist, Mii Titan, and such seems silly. They can be used by another non Mii character or even restructured into Mii Brawler. As I have always dealt with the project, I’m perfectly fine with what we add into the game. If the thread can rationalize using up a roster spot for a new Mii Fighter, then we will go about doing that. If the thread wants to use five roster spots to add five Mii fighter classes, then we will do that.

We will let discussion progress for a while and then decide wether we want to include a Mii Fighter class. From there, if we do decide to include one, then decide how many to include.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I completely and honestly don't see the problem with a Mii Titan's body shape. They would really just be a slightly larger Mii (maybe a bit lower than Bowser's height) with larger limbs and a chest. We could still give them similar clothing and gear as the existing Miis and they would still fit right in despite being a different body shape. I like cohesion too, but I also think the super heavyweight is the most glaring omission in terms of archetypes already represented by existing Miis.
That being said, I would rather add an actual character from something instead of another Mii class. But if we add one then Titan is absolutely the way to go.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I think that 1 new Mii Fighter would be ideal. The current Mii roster covers a lot. Mii Mage/Spellcaster would be ideal, as most of the other options listed sound like a variation of already existing classes.I don't really like the idea of spending a character slot on a variation of current Mii class.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Just something I realized and wanted to point out:
If we add a new Mii Class like Mage or Titan, we will probably need to make exclusive costumes for them. As much as I love the idea of a Mii Titan, I can't think of any costumes that would only work on that class (besides maybe a sumo outfit or something of that nature.)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we add a new Mii Class like Mage or Titan, we will probably need to make exclusive costumes for them. As much as I love the idea of a Mii Titan, I can't think of any costumes that would only work on that class (besides maybe a sumo outfit or something of that nature.)
For the Mii Mage, we would reassign several existing outfits while adding a few more. Some ideas that could be utilized would be Kamek, Eggplant Wizard, Yuga, etc. as well as generic costumes.

Im at a loss at the big body Mii class since there aren’t any current possible costumes available but I suppose Mike Haggar, Yellow Devil, Metal Face, and others could potentially work.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Don’t forget we are also submitting a Classic Mode Credit feature. So far, we have two submissions last time I checked. Please submit one if you have an idea.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mr Bison's outfit and hat?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Adding on to my previous statement on the topic, I'd also rather get some of the newer series who came out too late for Ultimate in first, like Ring Fit or Astral Chain, in before we add another Mii Class. Also, if we do add more then I really don't think we need any more than 1 more. 3 more Miis would feel pretty unnecessary

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
For the Mii Mage, we would reassign several existing outfits while adding a few more. Some ideas that could be utilized would be Kamek, Eggplant Wizard, Yuga, etc. as well as generic costumes.

Im at a loss at the big body Mii class since there aren’t any current possible costumes available but I suppose Mike Haggar, Yellow Devil, Metal Face, and others could potentially work.
Possible Titan Costumes
1200px-O'Chunks_Artwork-_Super_Paper_Mario.png
61PV-06OlVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
download.jpeg
Gutsman.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your input! This was an excellent exchange in ideas regarding a potential new Mii Fighter Class!

From now, we will be voting on wether to solidify adding a Mii Fighter class(es). Please note that doing so will use up one or more of the roster spots; depending on the number of classes we intend to include. We have ten fighters left to add; this includes Echoes as well. This Mii Fighter class, if decided upon, will be featured in our E3 presentation.

Previously, we kind of brainstormed what sort of classes could be included and what costumes they would be. I want to shift gears a bit and discuss the justification of adding a new Mii Fighter class in light of it using up a roster spot.

The Mii Fighter would be classified as Fighter #94 and featured next to Reimu instead being grouped along with the other Mii Fighters. This will also hold true if we add more than one Mii Fighter class.

Our first course of business will be discussing the justification of adding a new Mii Fighter Class. Once some time has passed, we will be instituting a poll at the top of the thread where people can vote “yay” or “nay” concerning adding a new Mii Fighter class.

If we get more “nay”s, we will scrap the concept and proceed forward.

If we get more “yay”s, we then then save one of the roster slots for a Mii Fighter class and jockey the prompts around a bit to accommodate it. We will then determine just how many classes we intend to include followed by which a submission round where people will submit a new Mii Fighter class. This is subject to change based on results and feedback from the thread.

To reiterate, we will first discuss justification concerning using up a roster slot to add a Mii Fighter class. This includes justification for not adding one as well.

After a certain amount of time has passed, we will open it up to voting at the top of the thread. Please think of your decision carefully as vote switching won’t be allowed

Discussion Period: Is there Justification for using up a Newcomer Slot and Adding a new Mii Fighter Class

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Okay, I have a weird idea. Krookodilian Krookodilian 's hangup with Mii Titans is that they would have a different body shape and look out-of-place from the rest of the Miis. My hangup with Mii Titans is that they don't have a weapon to serve as the visual anchor for the class.

Maybe we can solve these problems with each other.

Allow me to introduce you to the Mii Juggernaut. They ride in a large, bipedal mech with their head exposed on the top. Kinda like this:
Mechanica.png

Their moveset could be roughly the same as our Mii Titan concept, with maybe a couple specials leaning into the mech idea.

Now, here's the thing: while the mech is the default concept, costumes can take or leave it. If we turn the K. Rool costume into a Juggernaut costume, it can just be... y'know, K. Rool. It doesn't have to be a robot.

Like I said, though, I can take or leave new Mii classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom