• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Voting for Items has been closed. Here is the tally!

1618165601087.png

The winner of the Item Prompt is Rock Pikmin! Congrats Glubbfubb Glubbfubb !

1618165846123.png

Their function in Infinite is as follows: Rock Pikmin spawn in the ground and there are two types. The variants that could appear are either with the leaf bud or with the flower; the flower variant being a tad stronger and faster. When they are plucked, the Rock Pikmin's leaf will change its color to match the player's, as they are the only one that can use it.

When the Rock Pikmin gets tossed, they do a lot of damage but can't latch onto the foe. After they get thrown, they continue to follow and attack their target on their own. After a minute, taking too much damage or if they fall off the stage, they disappear.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting for Items has been closed. Here is the tally!

The winner of the Item Prompt is Rock Pikmin! Congrats Glubbfubb Glubbfubb !

Their function in Infinite is as follows: Rock Pikmin spawn in the ground and there are two types. The variants that could appear are either with the leaf bud or with the flower; the flower variant being a tad stronger and faster. When they are plucked, the Rock Pikmin's leaf will change its color to match the player's, as they are the only one that can use it.

When the Rock Pikmin gets tossed, they do a lot of damage but can't latch onto the foe. After they get thrown, they continue to follow and attack their target on their own. After a minute, taking too much damage or if they fall off the stage, they disappear.
The pikmin crew is completed, I'm satisfied now

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I just finished knuckles and knuckels mode in sonic mania and I enjoyed the hard boiled heavies so I made one into a mii costume

Heavy Gunner (Sonic Mania)
So this is a full suit like sans and there are variant colors to match the other hard boiled heavy colors schemes so they all have representation in a way, the bazooka will be the gun

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job 85: Demonica

TMS_FE_Encore_Demonica_Costume.png

The iconic suit from the Shin Megami Tensei series debuting in SMT: Strange Journey and appearing in several other Atlus games such as SMT IV, Persona 5 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. It was a specialized suit dedicated to explore extradimensional worlds and withstand the force of demons as well as analyze them. Its proportions would obviously be a bit squashed for Smash Bros. It would use a realistic looking machine gun as its gunner weapon.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job #85: Mii Gunner Costume- Galarian Slowbro (Pokemon)
The costume
#2) Galarian Slowbro. Like last time, I imagined it looking similar to the PokeManiac's design in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee. I even did a poor attempt of photoshop to try to show how I imagine it.
View attachment 310926
I was going to submit something but I doubt I can come up with something better than this

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Alright, I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring

Job 85

Quote - Cave Story

Quote's in an interesting spot. While considered to be the godfather of the indies by many, it also feels like there's a ton of other indie favorites ahead of him as far as playable characters go. With that being said it does feel like he deserves something in Smash. So why not a Mii Costume? He'd come as pictured with the hat and pants being selectable individually. Perhaps we could even deluxe him? No idea if that's allowed for this job or not

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Going back to the second poll, we have proof someone wanted to change their vote, which would have broken the tie in my favor.
You wanna use the past huh, well how about the fact you weren't even in the original tie, it should've been just between me and Good Grief (as me and GoodGrief had 10 votes, you only had 7).
I counted all of the submission votes for our Twitter votes and, well, the results was pretty surprising.

PeridotGX PeridotGX Submission 7
cashregister9 cashregister9 Submission
C chocolatejr9 Submission 1
@Golden Icarus Submission 2
SharkLord SharkLord Submission 3
Otoad64 Otoad64 Submission 2
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb Submission 2
Jomosensual Jomosensual Submission 4
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 Submission 10
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Submission 10
@BowserKing Submission 1
airConditioner airConditioner Submission 1

So, we will be doing a three-way vote for the top 2 submissions which are:
PeridotGX PeridotGX
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton

Please use the above poll when voting for your preferred candidate. Please choose wisely as I won’t be allowing vote changes on this one.
If anything, either I should win or we do the 2-way vote between me and GoodGrief (the second being what I think we should've done from the start, I just didn't say anything because I felt like I'd be a jerk if I actively advocated that you shouldn't have been in the vote)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve reopened the poll for one more day. Here are some thread members who have been posting pretty consistently but have yet to vote:
Speed Weed Speed Weed
Paraster Paraster
Perkilator Perkilator
Otoad64 Otoad64
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
WarioJim WarioJim
Quillion Quillion
SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher
Doc Monocle Doc Monocle
MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456
Mamboo07 Mamboo07
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Of course, you can decide not to vote if you don’t want to but it does help break this tie. For your own reference, here are the submissions we intend to vote on regarding our budget from the Twitter deal:

CheeseAnton

PeridotGX

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I’ve reopened the poll for one more day. Here are some thread members who have been posting pretty consistently but have yet to vote:
Speed Weed Speed Weed
Paraster Paraster
Perkilator Perkilator
Otoad64 Otoad64
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
WarioJim WarioJim
Quillion Quillion
SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher
Doc Monocle Doc Monocle
MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456
Mamboo07 Mamboo07
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Of course, you can decide not to vote if you don’t want to but it does help break this tie. For your own reference, here are the submissions we intend to vote on regarding our budget from the Twitter deal:

CheeseAnton

PeridotGX
Im prepared to laugh when we get an 8-8 split

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we determine the winner of the Twitter voting, please remember that we are submitting Mii Costumes for the Mii Gunner.

We are a bit behind schedule but thats perfectly fine. After we finish with the Mii Gunner voting, we are going to proceed forward with other content which will lead up to our Smash Direct in April.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You wanna use the past huh, well how about the fact you weren't even in the original tie, it should've been just between me and Good Grief (as me and GoodGrief had 10 votes, you only had 7).

If anything, either I should win or we do the 2-way vote between me and GoodGrief (the second being what I think we should've done from the start, I just didn't say anything because I felt like I'd be a jerk if I actively advocated that you shouldn't have been in the vote)
History will vindicate the "Oops! All characters" proposal

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I want to point something out
So I have some important news.

As you know, we partnered up with Twitter to include a stage called Twitter that requires players to connect their personal Twitter account to unlock the stage. It functions much like the old Miiverse stage with tweets, hashtags, and mentions from the personal account as well as accounts the player follows or is followed by.

We decided by voting to not include a Twitter universe and make it purely within the Smash universe umbrella. This decision was notified to Twitter’s appropriate departments and Nintendo’s department of marketing.

However, we received this email from Twitter’s own CEO, Jack Dorsey...

From the contents of this letter, it seems we have two possibly options. To accept their proposal to include said content into the game or decline it. Doing so would mean we get to keep the Twitter stage as well be able to include more content thanks to their monetary package. This also means we can proceed forward with a Twitter-sponsored Infinite World Circuit tournament. We would be able add the dates, locations, and notable players who would be attending as well as events included at the tournament.

With this monetary package, we can include two more characters, a first and third party, plus probably an echo or two as well as affiliated stages. Agreeing with this proposal will lead to us having to include this content though.

We could always explore other ways to get promotional partnerships with other companies other than Twitter should we decline but we would also lose the Twitter stage.

Please see the above poll to determine if we will proceed with this partnership or decline it.
Look at the stuff I bolded and changed yellow...

Now let's analyze what the prices would be...
Twitter Deal

Twitter is giving us money to include content such as a Twitter stage, Larry the Bird and Twitter CEO Mii Costumes, and assorted Spirits as well as exclusive rights to announce Smash related news before other social networking sites including Facebook and YouTube. This deal also comes with including Twitter in the credits, main sponsor of a launch Smash Invitational, and a quick access to Twitter accounts via the main menu.

They are giving 3,000,000 USD as apart of this deal it’s up to us to decide how to use this money:

3rd party newcomer from an existing franchise: 1,100,000 USD
3rd party newcomer from a new franchise: 1,800,000 USD

3rd party stage from an existing franchise: 550,000 USD
3rd party stage from an new franchise: 800,000 USD

1st party newcomer from an existing franchise: 700,000 USD
1st party newcomer from a new franchise: 990,000 USD

1st party stage from an existing franchise: 200,000 USD
1st party stage from a new franchise: 600,000 USD

1st party Assist Trophy from an existing franchise: 90,000 USD
1st party Assist Trophy from a new franchise: 200,000 USD

3rd party Assist Trophy from a new franchise: 300,000 USD
3rd party Assist Trophy from an existing franchise: 700,000 USD

1st party Item from an existing franchise: 10,000 USD
1st party Item from a new franchise: 50,000 USD

3rd party Item from an existing franchise: 150,000 USD
3rd party Item from a new franchise: 500,000 USD

1st party Boss from an existing franchise: 140,000 USD
1st party Boss from a new franchise: 330,000 USD

3rd party Boss from an existing franchise: 450,000 USD
3rd party Boss from a new franchise: 750,000 USD

1st party Mii Costume from an existing franchise: 70,000 USD
1st party Mii Costume from a new franchise: 120,000 USD

3rd party Mii Costume from an existing franchise: 120,000 USD
3rd party Boss from a new franchise: 300,000 USD

New Pokeball Pokemon: 100,000 USD

New Game Mode: 550,000 USD

What do we do?

Please craft a proposal budget that totals from $3,000,000 USD or below. Please list which category would be included. For example;

1st Party Newcomer from an Existing Franchise (2): 700,000 x 2 = 1,400,000
New Game Mode: 550,000
New Pokeball Pokemon (3): 100,000 x3 = 300,000
etc etc etc

Total Amount: $2,900,000 USD

Please do not list which content should be included like, which character would be included in the “1st party newcomer” category
A new first and third party, for this example, are going to be new series because of the echo fighters...

1st party newcomer new series (990,000)
3rd party newcomer new series (1,800,000) [2,790,000]
1st party stage new series (600,000) [3,390,000]
3rd party stage new series (800,000) [4,190,000]
assuming both echoes would be first party, 1st party newcomer existing series (1,400,000) [5,590,000]

So I just wanted to point out we could've had a 5.5 million dollar budget, this is why we should've sold out happily accept Twitter's original offer.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to mention that, before starting voting, that Buck Bumble and Quote is ineligible as the prompt asks that, if it’s a third party, that it has to be from a company already represented. Jomosensual Jomosensual and cashregister9 cashregister9 , I forgot to mention this earlier so I can extend the submission period by another hour if you wish to make a new submission.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
We should've made a deal with instagram or something
Nah, during the first session where we discuss about the Twitter offering that consist of Mii Costume of the logo and the CEO I bring up the possibility to just collaborate with Twitch or something.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I do want to mention that, before starting voting, that Buck Bumble and Quote is ineligible as the prompt asks that, if it’s a third party, that it has to be from a company already represented. Jomosensual Jomosensual and cashregister9 cashregister9 , I forgot to mention this earlier so I can extend the submission period by another hour if you wish to make a new submission.
Buck Bumble is from Ubisoft and we already have the Rayman Spirits.

Unless you meant represented by a fighter

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
It pains me to deconfirm him, but oh well...
Job 85: Kamek

Before you mention that Kamek should be a swordfighter with his staff, then how about you think of it this way: Kamek's staff could be a tad smaller, and the mii gunner's moves could be like spells. Although Kamek could simply work with his robes, I think it would be cool if it was a deluxe mii outfit like Sans, but either one works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom