• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have always liked airConditioner airConditioner ‘s stock icons so, if they are willing to, I would love to see them create the stock icons for our characters.

also, the wikia is just about ready but needs a few more days

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
either Octoling should be moved to 2015 (Octolings were in Splatoon 1) or Bandana Dee should be moved to Super Star Ultra (that's when he became a prominent character.
These were both things I considered when placing these characters (all the vets I just used the ultimate order for). For Octoling, the design we're using is specifically based on Agent 8 who was introduced in Octo Expansion, and her moveset is also inspired by Splatoon 2. It's kinda a tricky question since Octoling is both a generic species and also a specific character. However, since her default outfit is wearing the Octo Expansion gear and hairstyle I don't think it would make sense to place her with inkling since those design elements weren't present in Splatoon 1. (I suppose that raises the question of whether we should call her Octoling or Agent 8, but given that Inkling is just called Inkling I think it makes more sense to match the naming scheme and stick with Octoling). For Bandana Dee, while he did become prominent in KSSU, (not even sure if he was named in Super Star), Super Star is still his debut game so that should probably be used for his All-Star placement. There's not really precedent for a character that was essentially a background character and then rose to being more prevalent already in the roster so its tough bc we cant base his placement on previous examples. The closest might be ZSS, but her placement is based on the game in which her specific design is taken from, and Bandana dee's design is the same from Super Star and Super Star Ultra.

Edit: Actually Wario is probably a decent enough example since his Smash iteration is based on his WarioWare appearance, however his All-Star placement is based on Mario Land 2, which was his first game appearance even if almost nothing was taken from that specific appearnce. Same logic can be applied to Donkey Kong being based on Donkey Kong Country but having his All-Star placement being based on the Arcade Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In regards to the All-Stars placement, I’ll let you guys handle it but ping me when it’s finished so I can add it to the main page.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Steve's Palutena's Guidance seems a bit... rough. I get what they were going for, but it seems really forced. I can't see Nintendo actually making such a blatant refrence to such an insignificant meme.

Also, I worked on Joker's, but I feel like I didn't end it correctly. If someone else wants to throw in another two or three sentences to end it off, feel free (try to keep it to just Pit and Mona though)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Steve's Palutena's Guidance seems a bit... rough. I get what they were going for, but it seems really forced. I can't see Nintendo actually making such a blatant refrence to such an insignificant meme.

Also, I worked on Joker's, but I feel like I didn't end it correctly. If someone else wants to throw in another two or three sentences to end it off, feel free (try to keep it to just Pit and Mona though)
I actually did question whether it’d be appropriate to include a meme reference, but I decided to go through with it since Morshu is a Spirit and one of Waluigi’s alts seems to be based on 7 Grand Dad. I can certainly understand the argument of it being forced though - that was the joke I was going for, but I’m not sure if it came through.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I think that the Inspector Gadget reference might be a little too much, not only due to its obscurity, but also because inspector gadget isnt from a video game. Morshu, while he would probably never be in a smash game, is at least from a zelda game. (plus spirits i feel are supposed to be more like fun side content for us to make so restrictions should be pretty loose). Also have any of the Palutena's guidances ever referenced the fact that the characters exist in games? Most of the other characters are treated like the events in the games really happened, so having minecraft be a video game in the smash universe would be a little weird.

And does anyone have any other contentions with the All-Star order?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
With the whole meta-game reference thing I was more going off KIU where they reference Game & Watch as a game. However I will admit I don’t have much of a response to the Minecraft with Gadget reference being a little too obvious as a reference to non-game media. (Especially given that Waluigi’s 7 Grand Dad alt has no direct ties to the Flintstones) I’ll remove the Guidance for now.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I pick the Mona Assist Trophy and Captain Syrup Mii Costume
I mush of accidentally saved over my original post with an older one. I have since changed it bit please vote for your two favorite assust trophies. So that would be Mona plus one more. Sorry about that.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Oh, so then I choose Captain Syrup. A lot of the selection are all conditional like taunting or just a copy of the previous cut Assist.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Choosing Kat and Ana and Orbulon (for assist trophy) and Captain Syrup (for Mii Costume)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ashley Moveset results:

cashregister9 cashregister9 's - 7 votes
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's - 2 votes

And with that, we are going with cashregister9 cashregister9 's proposal
ASHLEY MOVESET PROPOSAL

I went a Simple route for my Moveset but the complexity is there

--Gimmick
Ashley is accompanied by her assistant Red, Red is constantly following close behind Ashley he assists with some attacks

Her hair turns white whenever she casts spells (They will be marked with an {S} )

--Stats

Speed: Slightly Faster than Isabelle

Weight: Same as Isabelle

Fall speed: Same as Robin

Air Speed: Same as Isabelle

Initial Dash: Same as Isabelle

Run Speed: Slightly faster than Peach

--Basic Attacks

Jab: Red turns into Ashley's wand and Ashley hit's with it in a fashion similar to Isabelle's jab

Side tilt: Red Headbutts forwards

Up tilt: Red pokes upwards with his Trident

Down tilt: Red turns into Ashley's broom and she sweeps the floor

Dash Attack: Ashley Trips over herself and red looks scared

Get Up: Ashley spins her twin tails

Ledge Get Up: Red pokes at the ledge with his trident

Side Smash: Red turns into Ashley's wand and then she casts a fire spell in a manner similar to Mario's F-smash which has a 40% chance of dealing double damage {S}

Up Smash: Red turns into Ashley's wand and then she casts a Lightning spell Above her which has a 40% chance of dealing double damage {S}

Down Smash: Red turns into Ashley's wand and then she casts a Wind Spell around her which has a 40% chance of dealing double damage {S}

Neutral air: 4 aliens from Fame & Wario orbit around Ashley and red, it hits several times like Pikachu's Nair

Forward Air: Red turns into Ashley's wand and then she hit's downward with it

Back Air: Ashley Swings backwards with a guitar

Up Air: Red twirls his Trident above Ashley

Down Air: Ashley hits downwards with a giant Stuffed bunny but it has a 20% chance to be a Splattershot Jr. and a 20% chance to be a guitar They all have the same stats it's just visual

--Specials

Neutral: Dark Magic Zone, Ashley casts a field around her like her assist trophy and much like her assist, the spells are random, the longer she holds the button the larger the field becomes, and it lingers for 3 seconds at full size. The effects that can happen within the zone are as follows {S}
-Shrinks Opponents
-Slows Opponents
-Makes Opponents invisible
-Healing is now damage

Side: Guitar Blast, While the button is held a reticle appears, you can move this reticle around in a certain radius, letting go shoots a blast from Ashley's guitar

Down: Potion, Ashley summons a cauldron and starts to stir it if you hold the button, if you let go of the button at the right time, A potion will be tossed out of the cauldron in an arc, and it can either hit someone individually or it can splash on the ground and it effects an area, each potion has a random effect. If you let go of the button to early, Ashley takes some damage, if you let the meter run out, the Cauldron explodes dealing big damage to Ashley and opponents around her, the bomb from WarioWare appears above her as an indicator.

Here are the different potions
-Flower Potion - The opponents gain the Flower debuff
-Reverse Potion - The opponents controls are reversed
-KO Potion - This potion has a 10% chance of KOing instantly, the chance scales depending on damage
-Sleeping Potion - The opponents fall asleep
-Stun Potion - The opponents become stunned

Each potion has a readable icon on the projectile so you can quickly identify the type

Up: Broomstick, Red becomes Ashley's broomstick and she then rides the broom and is launched into the air, it controls similarly to Steve's Elytra

Final Smash: Hocus Pocus, Ashley summons a swarm of Fronks that move forward once opponents are hit they are launched into a cutscene where up to 3 opponents are put into a dark room The camera zooms out and Ashley is there and she starts to summon a large amount of objects and people (Including but not limited to Crazy Galaxy and Ashley's Creepy Crew) that batter the opponents, Then Dark Lord Hum Gree enters the room and eats the opponents. The cutscene ends and the room explodes and the opponents get launched, There is also a chance for the opponents to have random effects applied to them. the effects include. {S}
-Shield Break
-Slowed Down
-Sleep
-Flower
-Reverse Controls
-Instant KO (if over 100%)

--Grabs

Basic grab: Red Grabs the opponent

Dash Grab: Red quickly grabs the opponent

Pummel: Red stabs the opponent with his Trident

F-throw: Ashley summons a DS Stylus to carry the opponent forwards

B-throw: Red Turns into a broom and sweeps the opponent backwards

U-throw: Pyoro is summoned and launches the opponents upwards with their tongue

D-throw: Gahrumble is summoned and bites down on the opponent
This was a lot quicker to compile than I thought it'd be haha

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Can I propose a change to the spirit system? Namely the removal of the protection system, and just allowing characters who have became spirits to be nominated (which would remove their spirit if chosen). I think disconfirming ATs and Mii Costumes is acceptable, because you can vote for other characters so they stay in the running, but there's no option for that with spirits. It also gives something of an advantage to characters who already have spirits: If you wanted to give ARMS a second rep, Dr. Coyle is out of the running, but Mechanica is fine because her spirit was in Ultimate.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Can I propose a change to the spirit system? Namely the removal of the protection system, and just allowing characters who have became spirits to be nominated (which would remove their spirit if chosen). I think disconfirming ATs and Mii Costumes is acceptable, because you can vote for other characters so they stay in the running, but there's no option for that with spirits. It also gives something of an advantage to characters who already have spirits: If you wanted to give ARMS a second rep, Dr. Coyle is out of the running, but Mechanica is fine because her spirit was in Ultimate.
It could also make some people scared to put out a spirit, but if a spirit for them isn't made and they don't get voted for as a fighter then it'll be weird for them to not be a spirit (I may have worded it wrong, but what I mean is that it might be weird if Persona got a ton of Persona added except for Jack Frost because Jack Frost got protected but didn't win, as an example)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The protection system was put into place to avoid allowing particularly popular characters from automatically getting placed into Spirit status as we generally don’t vote for these. That being said, I don’t see anyone trying to make characters like Dante, Doomslayer, or anything like that into Spirits. As well, it was to get people to seriously consider who they add as a Spirit since we don’t reverse Spirit decisions. Once a character is made into a Spirit, there’s no reversing it since that’s how development works. To date, it looks like Klonoa is the only character to be protected by being made a Spirit. That being said, if we are approaching the launch date of the game and a character who was protected from a Spirit status isn’t made a character, then we can include that Spirit in before launch.

We also can consider reversing the Spirit decision in the same vein as Min-Minfutinrg the DLC cycle.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The protection system was put into place to avoid allowing particularly popular characters from automatically getting placed into Spirit status as we generally don’t vote for these. That being said, I don’t see anyone trying to make characters like Dante, Doomslayer, or anything like that into Spirits. As well, it was to get people to seriously consider who they add as a Spirit since we don’t reverse Spirit decisions. Once a character is made into a Spirit, there’s no reversing it since that’s how development works. To date, it looks like Klonoa is the only character to be protected by being made a Spirit. That being said, if we are approaching the launch date of the game and a character who was protected from a Spirit status isn’t made a character, then we can include that Spirit in before launch.

We also can consider reversing the Spirit decision in the same vein as Min-Minfutinrg the DLC cycle.
Funnily enough I actually considered making a Spirit for Doomguy.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #52: Character Unlocking Criteria

Part 1: Starters vs Unlock

How should the characters be unlocked? Should be more akin to Smash games where there is a ratio between starters and locked characters? Or more like Smash Ultimate? Or possibly something that’s a hybrid or entirely new?

Please give your idea a title to make it more indetifiable and then your explanation behind your unlocking criteria. Also explain why you think yours would work best.

Part 2: Methods of unlocking

As with past games, we will include multiple ways to unlock characters so we will include 4 pathways behind unlocking characters. That being said, your submission can be as something as simple and traditional as “Complete so many multiplayer matches”. The final method will be via Adventure/Story mode. Please don’t submit an idea for an Adventure/Story mode as we will do that later.

Please don’t submit the same idea. If you see your idea taken, either use another idea or possibly sit this job out.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #52:
Both part 1 and 2:
All characters unlocked from the start.
Major surprises are impossible to pull off at launch nowadays, making unlockables seem more like a chore than a fun adventure. Save the surprises for the DLC cycle. I do have an alternate idea for base game surprises, but we’ll get here when we get there. wacky cheat codes

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 52
Part 1:
The characters that have appeared in Ultimate would already be unlocked, but all new characters you would have to unlock in various ways.

Part 2:
You can unlock all characters in the Smash Dungeon mode

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 52
Part 1:
The characters that have appeared in Ultimate would already be unlocked, but all new characters you would have to unlock in various ways.

Part 2:
You can unlock all characters by completing whatever adventure mode we decide on.
The Adventjre mode Route is already one of the four routes so we need three other routes for ublocking characters if we decide to have unlockable characters.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #52: Unlocks
Part 1:
I disagree about the idea of the characters being surprises, but instead feel like you're growing a collection. My favorite part of Ultimate was when I was unlocking the characters, so I say the characters should take a bit longer to unlock, but as an upgrade to Ultimate all Base Roster 64 and Melee characters are base roster in Smash Bros. Infinite.

Part 2:
Very niche references involving the base roster cast to unlock specific characters.
With my idea being said, I get some people want to just "play the game as their character" so all available will try to have a niche/popular reference of unlocking. For example, to unlock Joker easy and fast you must defeat Alt 8 Link (Lvl. 4 CPU) as Alt. 1 Link (in reference to Persona 4 and it's themes about facing yourself).

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 52

Part 1: One idea is that the starter Roaster could be what the first Super Smash Bros was going to be. The starter Roaster would be Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Bowser, Marth, Mewtwo and King Dedede. Basically, using the scrapped idea of the first Super Smash Bros game and turning it into the base Roaster.

Part 2: Classic Mode unlocks will still be available, but with more characters and paths, I think it will be best for some characters to be in those paths. Perhaps Donkey Kong can unlock Banjo and Kazooie, while Cloud can unlock Sephiroth using classic mode. I cannot showcase all the paths, since not all characters are revealed yet, but this is just an idea.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 52:
Part 1:
most of the roster will be unlockable. however in a effort to make the stating roster a bit bigger, the base roster includes every "main character" of each major nintendo series. by major series I mean excluding retro characters. Basically, all of these:
:ultfalcon::ultness::ultmarth::ultpit::ultwario::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultminmin + Isaac & Stylist
are now base roster characters
Part 2:
Character Specific Unlocks
Each character has a unique unlock method themed around them

some examples:

:ultluigi::
do a VS match against the same character your playing as. Referencing how Luigi is often called "Green Mario"

:ultpichu::
Rack up to 500% on a single VS match. referencing how Pichu hurts themselves

:ultridley::
win a VS match while giant. Referencing how Ridley is, well, big

this way ensures unlocking each fighter is a memorable experience. However to make it so there is a way to know ow to unlock them, underneath all of the base fighters there will be locked icons representing each of the fighters. Hovering over them will give you a hint to unlock them

for example Ridley's would be

"overcome your enemies with increased size" or something like that

of course this would require us to come up with individual unlock methods for every fighter on top of hints, but I doubt it would too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom