• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
Anyone up for smash tomorrow (friday) then? You can have some fun beating up on the new guy. I'm free all day so I don't care when. I don't care where we play either; I can host if you guys prefer.

If tomorrow doesn't work, all weekend is fine with me too.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
How are we going to have a setup on quad day without power cables? Are we using tiny batterypowered TVs? That might affect recruitment efficiency...

slomo431

Smash Ace
There will be smash today in the afternoon

I seem to have misplaced my smash disk, does anyone else have one?

slomo431

Smash Ace
Fantastic. We're just waiting for one guy to get back down here, I think he's driving to Champaign now, and we can get started. We've got 2 tvs I think and 1 cube and 1 disc if Bo brings his, so if anyone wants to bring another system and game that'd be great. I'm not exactly sure the address but we probably won't be starting til 6:30 to 7 anyway so I'll post again later.

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
sounds good, I'm ready whenever. I'll bring my cube with the game and a vcr too if you don't mind. I'd like to record them so I can see some of the matches later, most likely to learn from so you guys don't whip my *** forever.

slomo431

Smash Ace
My number is 630-290-8018 if anyone else is interested. I think we're starting in like half an hour or so

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
I will be out of town Saturday and possibly later on friday.. but i have absolutely nothing to do on Friday day so we can smash then

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
Smash, Saturday 8PM my apartment if anyone is interested. You're welcome to come eariler as well, but everyone might not be there until 8. We have 4 people for sure already. Flipkid, sorry I can't do friday during the day, I have to work and my friend is coming in later. You're welcome to join us if you can get back in town in time on Saturday though. Oh and my apt. is 105 N Busey #209 in Urbana. Its a block east from lincoln and springfield. If anyone else can make it, we'd love to have you come out.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
how's everyone doing during their summer?

melee is quite fantastic
i should have my bro come and play sometime during the school year next year he keeps getting better

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
hey durand, do you want to play tomorrow? are you in barrington about? does anyone else near crystal lake/barrington want to play? brawl or melee

slomo431

Smash Ace
We just played yesterday at his neighbor's place. I would be willing to play again though. I've smashed only 3 times since like April. This game is an addiction.

And please make it melee. I can't even play it at home anymore since I lost my copy. I've pretty much given up on Brawl except for FFAs with items on and such with my friends that only play for fun. I'm making a killing selling all of my copies of it though.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
LET'S PLAY MELEE

i'm busy on weekdays cuz of work
but weekends i'm totally free

btw, i found out my falco is amazing
or maybe i was just in the zone or something
******** falco ftw

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
A smasher in Rhode Island called ZoSo (you might know him) asked me if Tom was a robot. I said yes.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
matt and tom and henrik

want to come over on saturday to play?

and anyone else that lives nearby

i think i'm the middle point between henrik and tom/matt

slomo431

Smash Ace
Then come to Champaign. I think me and Dave, and hopefully most or all of Jon, Bo, James, Robin, and Sam will be playing. I can't play in Barrington this week obviously, gotta move outta the apartment.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
hey kids, how's it going. been a while.

if you guys are going to play saturday, let me know.

i live in schaumburg so i'm in the area. i'm free until 3. i might be able to convince zec to come. someone should also call up Big D, too. that crazy guy should be up for melee.

edit: i realized i kind of invited myself without asking even who's hosting. my bads. if it's cool, i can play on sat. let me knooooz.

Top Bottom