• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Durand, how many times do I have to beat you with Wolf in order to make you believe he's high tier, no wait, GOD TIER. Apparently none of you have ever been on the receiving end of a Wolf d-smash.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Any place got Wii's around here? I'm gonna need to buy it anyway even if I decide not to buy Brawl.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i forgot about wolf since i haven't unlocked him yet... i would say he's above zelda or right there with zelda
and below marth and pit

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i hear best buy has some wii's

you guys want to host a brawl tourny the weekend we get back? i'll go to allen to see if i can reserve the main lounge for March 29th

lol

slomo431

Smash Ace
If they do that'll be fantastic, I still have $25 in BB gift cards from my days of dominating the good smash. I'll check it out this week.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Haha Dave still has your controller too I think. Anyone wanna play goodsmash one more time before devilsmash takes too much of a hold? Smash and wings night perchance?

Hyol

Smash Cadet
I can go to that gamestop tourney for you. I'm from Peoria and I'll be going home the 14th. So how does this work? Do I need to use your name when I enter?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i saw some vids of azen playing rob.. it was pretty amazing.

i still think marth and MK are better. i mean, you can't kill pit but hes not that good. (you really can't kill anyone lol)

i love how horrible sheik has become... ganon too... they are completely useless.

Ike is still my favorite...
and olimar..
and falco..
and toon link...

and then of course I main marth because hes the best and thats how i roll

Hyol

Smash Cadet
I main marth and snake. But ****, Snake is a beast. His tilts have mad knockback. Sleeper hold connected to a c4 stick is gg. His tilts are really good, and his forward and back throw compromise half of my kills. I love how they loaded him up with projectiles.

Oh and is it just me, or did they nerf spikes? It's so hard to spike people now, especially since everyone can recover so easily.

So Tom, how am I gonna play that round 2 for you in Peoria? If they ask to see ID i'm screwed. Plus, there aren't many asians with your last name.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
no the guy said if i wasnt going he would still like someone from our district to represent...so it shouldnt be a problem but im not sure
youll have to go in and talk to them..

slomo431

Smash Ace
Well you have to give us all a chance to actually get acquainted with the game before you go judging us already. You've been Japanese Brawling for like a month. Most of us have still been concentrating on melee up to now. Plus we all develop at different rates. Remember I took 2 months to learn to short hop in melee. At least with fox anyway.

After finally trying Brawl for myself, I'd still rather just play Melee. But since nobody but Durand likes it anymore I may have to force myself to buy this thing. However, I just can't see myself learning all the intricacies of a new fighting game by the time I graduate though, so on one hand I wanna keep smashing, on the other I know I don't have the time left in my career to make any progress. I'm most likely going back to Pika though, I started smashing with him and I'm gonna end with him.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Anytime is fine by me, really. Thurs nite will work.

G&W beat me the first time I tired to unlock him, hehe. I was Craptain Falcon. But I got 'im with Granondorf!

T

TheDarkSide

Hey all Illini! I just got back into the SSB with the release of Brawl, and wanted to let all of you know I'm down for SSBB whenever possible.

Name's Tim, btw.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
haha yeah we're and RSO...

we should fundraise and buy some little tiny tv's we can bring to smashfests...

and by fundraise i mean hold a tourney.

I might drop in to brickman's round 3... depends if I feel i need more study time for my Chem exam Thurs night.

hi Tim, I'm alex!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
we're an RSO, but the people at allen say u need to live at allen in order to reserve lounges

btw, i need to borrow someone's wii and online playability

I'm versing some MLG brawl pro who's gonna be sponsored by 1upgaming once brawl tournies start in MLG. If i win, i have a very high chance of being sponsored so hazzah

so if one of u could let me use ur wii for online play once i get this scrub's brawl code.... that would be nice

also, i changed my mind about ike, he could definitely be high or top tier because of his super armor, that **** is too good

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Uhm, no. If Ike attacks you, just block it. He's too slow to do anything to your shield.

Eric, could I park in the same spot if I so desired?

slomo431

Smash Ace
Good luck Durand. I might show up after the Illini game that I think starts at 1, so it will probably end around 330. Might even come earlier if we suck it up.

And where can I park?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Could anyone who is still coming please bring a Wii+Brawl? We only have one.

Henrik--you can park behind the 3 cars right behind the house. Call if you don't understand.

Top Bottom