• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

JEW RAG

Smash Rookie
yeah, cuz if i say something in the samus boards with my Dew Rag account, no one listens

when i use this account and say something, they listen and are like OMG UR SO SMART

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i wont be there this weekend

also apparently darkrain is going to that STL tourney that the winner gets the free brawl. WHAT A MEANIE!!

JEW RAG

Smash Rookie
OH also DK doesn't flinch if you use a full charged punch in brawl
so now andy will be unstoppable : )

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
In Melee the punch has invincibility frames. That's why it goes through everything.

...and I think it would take a lot more than that to make me unstoppable.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, if I'm gonna come by I would like to know that more than one other person would be there. Anyone else???

slomo431

Smash Ace
Actually the last basketball home game is today at noon so I'd be there more like 3 if anything.

brickman

Smash Lord
This is ridiculous.

If anyone wants to have one last melee, come over to my house.

I'm pretty much going to be doing work all day, but I don't mind smashing

815 274 0365, call me if you are coming.

DaveO

Smash Rookie
I'm available today as well. As brickman said, and considering there won't be many, I'd be fine doing something at our place until like 5.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Humph. Alright, I'll pop by Eric's soon. It doesn't look like anything's happening at Weston today.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I ended up going to the game then watching a movie then a few of us smashed at my place for a few hours.

I'm willing to come Saturdays for Brawlfests once in a while, but I don't think I'll ever really get into it. I'll be willing to hold Meleefests at my place during the week.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
man, i'm so ********, i shoulda won
i lost to some dumb scrub cuz of the smash ball which magically dragged me in when i was behind it and then sudden death, my shield didn't cover me so i died wtf

other than that i three stocked and 2 stocked my opponents : )

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
ya brawl is really good, everyone is crazy

we unlocked everything and my favorites so far are marth and DK, marth is like twice as good as the next guy in tiers

slomo431

Smash Ace
Video doesn't work in that link for me.

Nevermind, just searched for at Vimeo. How'd you guys do at the tournament?

Hyol

Smash Cadet
last night my friends and I went out and got wasted to oblivion. Then at 2:00am we went to Super Walmart and picked up a copy of SSBM. The store was dead empty, and we were the only costumers in there. They had about 50 copies of smash. We played for about 2 hours and then passed out. Then today we played from 3:00pm to 2:00am straight, only stopping to eat and take dumps. The game is different. Very slow as crap, but fun in it's own way. We played 2v2 the whole time, and I must say that Snake is a cheap mofo in teams. He's tight.

That was the most straight smash I have ever played. I'm never going to do that again. I probably won't play brawl for a few days cause of that.

brickman

Smash Lord
some time after spring break we will have a huge get together. We may even advertise it. I'm going to talk to people at Allen Hall to make sure that it is cool.

Also, is Joystiq of any consequence, I have never heard of it before, but this video is ridiculous.

funny stuff.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Joystiq is like engadget

basically Joystiq tells you the latest gaming news
engadget gives to you latest gadget news
etc etc, it's like a huge alliance of blogs pretty much, i hear they pay well also

like i said b4, Marth = too good

imo the tier list goes

Marth > Snake > Pit > Zelda > Metaknight > Diddy Kong > Dedede

that's what i've determined so far
Snake is hard to use, it takes some skill unlike the others lol

oh Yoshi's uair is ridiculous, if he hits you with it at around 100%, you're dead most likely

Samus sucks balls, when you grab and punch, sometimes your punches wont register.... ****

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
durand you are failing to mention the beast that is my olimar/toon link.

sadly i wont be playing any brawl until spring break :(

my roomate (that played peach in melee) has switched to wario.. he is one annoying douche with him.

marth is just way to good. you can still f throw to tipper LOL

i'm really interested to see how our skills in brawl stack up... because when i was home last weekend my friend (who was pretty ok at melee not as good as most of you guys) was pretty much as good at me at brawl... so either that means he is amazing or i suck or something is going on but idk what the deal is.

also i still try to wavedash constantly... i waveland like a champ though

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
dedede, you chain grab

olimar can be good, but i don't think he's that great, you have to know your order well and ur opponent has to not be able to DI out of the chain grabs lol, i think the only thing is i think you just can't see your damage rack up cuz the attacks don't seem to be doing anything

Toon link is okay, he's high tier worthy, i like his dual arrow spam, not as good as the characters i've mentioned above... well he's probably better than dedede

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, I'm not making much progress on unlocking people playing with my little brother and sister. We just got Craptain Falcon, and his scarf is disgusting.

Ike is cool as hell. DK is crap.

Top Bottom