• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
Hernrik, I want to play on Thursday FOR SURE.

I think we should get some kids together for this one.

You know it will probably be one of the last times we all get a chance before brawl comes out, so lets make it a good showing. Tons of recordings tons of set ups, all at your house of course.

I'll bring what you need of me, and will even buy food and stuff if people want that kind of thing.

Lets get the standard crew to come to this one and just have a really good day.

I'm ready to start playing at 12pm and willing to play for a solid 12 hours.

No joke, guys lets do this right.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
...why Thursday? I bet some folks might have trouble making it. For instance, Jon! (edit: and Tom!)

I could come by at about 1pm. Friday evening I could also do. Or Saturday at 1.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Well I can finally get on the boards now, for some reason I couldn't before, so I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote in my email to everyone here for anyone who wasn't on the mailing list:

I have a meeting at work that day so I probably won't be able to start til 2:30 or 3. Willing to keep it going for a while though. I have 3 TVs at my place, 2 of which are my roommate's, but since he's in Hawaii he won't mind us borrowing them. I'd need 2 more cubes. Also 2 more VCRs if we want to be taping on each setup. I think we could most likely work a 4th setup in here too if someone wants to bring a 4th TV/cube. Since he can't actually play smash, Durand's been wanting footage to make a Champaign smash vid in his free time and if we did this he might have enough to work with. I'll clean my apartment if this looks like it will happen. Well not so much cleaning, but moving all my **** into my room. Seating wise we could put probably 3 people on the sofa for the main living room TV, 2 on the loveseat for a setup by the front door, and I have 5 chairs in my kitchen and 1 foldup chair for the 1 or 2 setups we'd be putting on the counter. That's about how we did it last year when I had things. This is if everyone really wants it at my place instead of Eric's. And I plan on hiding the sweet tarts.
Also, Friday is terrible for me. I will be drunk out of my mind. And since for some reason I've been hearing Unofficial is two days this year, I may or may not be drunk most of Saturday too. I wasn't planning on coming to the Saturday smashfest to begin with. Sunday?

We also still have the first week of March to get this thing organized.

slomo431

Smash Ace
If we do it Thursday, we can make food runs to some of the places close by on Neil and such. There's a bunch of em participating in Eat Really Cheap Week on eatcu.com which ends Thursday. Niro's is delicious.

brickman

Smash Lord
Thursday would be the only time I would be able to do it this week, as I am going away this weekend probably until Sunday. If you guys want to do this next week some time, lets get some consensus as far as day.

Saturday next week, since most people I assume will be dead drunk, and I will be out of town.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Sounds like most of us could be there Thursday? Actually, if we happen to do Saturday smash this weekend, I won't be able to make it--I'm watching a whole bunch of ebay auctions.

Unless the place has wifi--does anyone know?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So are most of you gonna be there around 6 or 7? Maybe I'll drop by after dinner.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
if someone is getting food for this, make sure you get marshmellows, they're delicious, cheap, and they dont grease up your fingers

me and tom will be there around 5

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yes how bout everyone come at 5 at the earliest. I need to go to legends at 4 to order a shirt for the actuarial science barcrawl in march. Matt you going?

Hyol

Smash Cadet
I'll try to get as much hw done tonight and thursday then. I can probably make it tomorrow. Are you expecting like 10 people? And don't you dare hide those sweet tarts.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
uh... if someone is planning to go to Henrik's anyone want to stop by PAR/FAR and call me so i can give u my cube cuz henrik wants it

guys record a ton of good matches and i'll try my best to make a sweet vid of u guys : )

slomo431

Smash Ace
Papa Johns and Dominos are both on First and Green. Gumby's is a few blocks west on Neil.

Papa Johns is 5 dollars for a large 1 topping after midnight, 6 dollars before.
Dominos is terrible.
I've never tried the pizza at Gumby's.

Also, my roommate's being a bit of an ass? so we only have 2 TVs available right now. Someone bring 1 more cube and 1 more TV please. I want lotsa singles and we're gonna need at least 3 setups.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
Is matt Tomkoviak going? or w/e that name was hahah

i'll see you guys tomorrow.. and i'll be bringin the trophy heheheheh

henrik i need your helpppppppp :(

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
yes, Matt Tomkoviak is going

i want to rematch you and henrik for the trophy, 2v1 foxes on FD...i dont think i can win but it is fun to try

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Henrik, do you mind letting me use your computer off and on? I've gotta do a bit of eBaying tonight.

And is there any parking? The closest lot is 3 blocks away... =(

Top Bottom