• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I wonder who'll surpass Durand first... I think it'll be one or both of the twins.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I did not have an easy time against that Snake... but I don't remember losing any Ike dittos yesterday.

...maybe Ike is okay for now, but once we figure out what we're doing, he'll be pretty bad.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
yeah, ike will be bad lol, basically with ike you have to play smart, i think the best way to recover if someone is trying to uair is to time ur b charge move so u have ur super armor, i still need to learn how to use it more effiiciently

marth = too good

snake doesn't work well on norfair lol, he's only good on stages that have like 2 or 3 platforms and a fairly good amount of flat surface
i think Rob's best stage might be Norfair and Delfano

i basically have the most trouble with characters that have multiple jumps like pit, metknight

need to work on zelda more, she has so much potential, her dsmash sends u diagonally down, soo good

stage list imo

FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium (not pokemon stadium 2, changes are ********), and Yoshi's Island
are neutral stages

counterpickable stages: Halberd, Brinstar, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The only thing that redeems Stadium 2 is seeing Granondorf run on the treadmill.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Pikachu !

When does everyone leave/get back. I leave Sunday, get back probably Saturday. I wanna Smash, either game.

T

TheDarkSide

I'm new to all this, but I will be here all week (I live in WA and don't have the money to fly home). I have a Wii, two remotes/nunchucks, a GC controller and of course the game itself. If anyone wants to play, I live on Armory, so just let me know and I'll see if we can arrange anything.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
My mom just destroyed the sensor bar cord with the vacuum cleaner, but I did a bit of research and it turns out the "sensor bar" is just a pair of IR emitters. A pair of candles or flashlights works just as well.

So until the new one comes in, I've got two flashlights sitting in front of the Wii.

slomo431

Smash Ace
So basically Nintendo has taken 1.5 years just to manufacture a couple dozen CD players hooked up to 2 candles on a stick?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
actually, they're technically dvd players but they've been restricted by the software and main hardware components that allow it to play DVD's like a dvd =_=

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
JUST so people know, we've moved to allisbrawl.com

so people looking here for location and place, check the same topic in the allisbrawl forum

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I think the fact that AllisBrawl sort of limits itself to one game is kind of silly.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the brawl forums. I dunno why, maybe it's the color scheme.

I went to the melee and brawl tourneys at ACEN. (anime convention near Chicago) Brawl started an hour late, and melee was 2.5 hours late. Brawl had three setups for a 40 person tourney, and melee had one stupid setup for a 20 person tourney. And ALL of them had a half second of lag. It was ridiculous.

The rest of Acen was... eh.. not for me. I only went because I had a free pass.

Melee will never die!

slomo431

Smash Ace
I will be back every so often for a few weekends this summer...smashfests? Jon, Dave, Andy, anyone else down here? I'll probably be down here at least 2 weekends in June.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I know you were thinking "Melee" when you said that, so go ahead and do it without me.

Someone play me online sometime soon.

brickman

Smash Lord
You don't have to sign anything, but you will have to be in contact with people. They will likely email you.

Also talk to Joshua at Game Stop when it gets closer to quad day.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i just finished reading the leaked script of avatar the last airbender and it was.... well... as expected?

a few surprises but nothing really...

wonder how it will translate to cartoon, seems like it will be pretty good... i guess
did anyone know they were making a live movie of this series? =_=

anyhow, i believe falco is pretty awesome in brawl... also pit is gay with his triple arrows

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Now I know how those Harry Potter fans felt when there was a leak. Don't tell me!

Yeah, M. Night Shamalaman is working on a trilogy.

I misspelled that intentionally.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
sooo... im back in champaign and bored... whos still here again?? im up for playing anytime... jus lemme know.. late

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
I'm up for some smash, preferably melee if you wanted to play me. You'll probably destroy me, but since we're both bored; it'll give us something fun to do.

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
I'm Bo Garman. I just graduated a couple weeks ago, but i'll be living here in Urbana (near Lincoln & Springfield) for another year at least. I joined the smashing illini group a while back but never actually played with you guys. I know matt and tom, but other than that probably haven't met any of you.

brickman

Smash Lord
Okay, well I guess I will see you at quad day. We are working on getting a set up there, so maybe I can play you there.

Melee only though, F. brawl.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I hope I don't end up eating these words, but I would think that there are more brawlers than melee-ers on campus. Unless the intent is to entice new people to the wonders of melee?

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I'm here pretty much all summer, probably leaving at the end of July for a couple of weeks. I know Robin is back in town too, so we should get something going. My boss doesn't really care if I show up to work so any time is good for me.

Top Bottom