• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
You guys are homies, I'm gonna be putting in WORK over the summer to make sure your money doesn't go to waste.

I got a pretty bad cold so I can't smash today

I'm down for later this week tho if you guys are meeting up.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
All right I may show up later tonight depending, and if I do I may have someone from my MACS project group with me. See you all later (hopefully).

Edit: Actually, my group member might be coming now. Kevin, I gave him your number so he can find the place easier. I still might come later. Also, Charlie you better kick some serious @$$ at FC. Make Midwest proud.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Charlie I'm expecting you to bring back the Victory. Starting a side bets thread too. Don't disappoint me!
I can't guarantee anything but I have a couple of pretty reliable reports about Gio's skill level and I'm gonna put in serious hours on 64 this summer... I don't think I'll let you down.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure which forum the thread is best in yet, so you guys are gonna have to wait a bit - I'm expecting a reply later tonight or tomorrow.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I might try to develop some sort of kirby CP other than falcon (try to keep that in this thread if you can, no use in giving gio more info than he needs)

I'd wait until the rules are ironed out and then place bets, if I were you. Gio may or may not end up playing kirby, no sense in committing to a bet that may or may not pay out when you could just wait until the rules are set and bet then.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Nah, you got this bro. I got your back, **** all the haters. Either way, did you see what some jabroni tried to bet against han solo? LMAO if han wins, he gets nothing. What a troll. Either way, I already bet lance (although that was a friendly $10 bet haha, no hatred there) and I will take other $5 bets, regardless of kirby or whatever the hell else. You got this ****, man.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah no I agree bet on me for sure I got this. I'm just saying, if someone bets thinking he'll play kirby and he ends up having to go a different char they might pull out or get fussy about paying and it just seems simpler to bet once both bettors know what's going down.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Charlie's trying to make sure we get our $ when he wins.

Also,
Magus420 said:
Also, a neat thing against Peach's D-Smash (because it sends backwards) is that if you DS tech and release the buttons before your techroll ends, you'll enter the teeter animation and it will prevent you from sliding off. If you walk/crouch/shield/etc you'll slip off though if you still have momentum.
learn to double-stick DI, tech on the ground towards the ledge, have it auto-cancel into teeter animation then go back and **** that c***.

EDIT: Ripple's Place @ 10:00 tonight. Anyone? PPV and I are going, as is Kevin @ 11:30 ish.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
**** that **** Joe, come anyway.

On a more serious note, I've got a friend @ U of C who's involved in their smash community. Is anyone interested in going up to Chicago for a UIUC vs. U of C crews battle the weekend right after finals (May 12-13)? It's looking pretty informal, you get to meet people, play friendlies, and this may or may not coincide with the return trip of some people going back up north.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace

On a more serious note, I've got a friend @ U of C who's involved in their smash community. Is anyone interested in going up to Chicago for a UIUC vs. U of C crews battle the weekend right after finals (May 12-13)? It's looking pretty informal, you get to meet people, play friendlies, and this may or may not coincide with the return trip of some people going back up north.
I might have drunkenly played your friend last time I was at UChicago visiting a friend.

I should be down. Gotta go to my girlfriend's roommate's wedding a week after that so I'll still be in Champaign for a while after finals.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
I might have drunkenly played your friend last time I was at UChicago visiting a friend.
Do you remember if the guy you played with was brown or not?
I should be down. Gotta go to my girlfriend's roommate's wedding a week after that so I'll still be in Champaign for a while after finals.
Legit. So that's two people. We'll still **** no problem. If Charlie can come we'll just have to provide some herb and he'll play like a god.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion

Well seeing as ill be in chicago anyway at that point, that is a definite yes for me.

:phone:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Found this thread while defending da Vinci's intelligence: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304369
Good **** Charlie; don't let nobody tell you it's unethical. Go and make $$$.
Nice thread, Charlie. Now I see why you're so competitive. Hm, anyway, I don't know if this relates to Gio in any way, but BODY HIS ***!

yo uiuc guys ive been playin smash for a while now but not competitively. anyone live in or near park place that would wanna smash before school gets out?
Sorry man, all of us live in the Champaign area. Although, I'm sure all of us would be down to play, should you be in the neighborhood. Post on the boards! We're always checking.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
i live in champaign too. park place is what my appt complex is called haha its on second and green
Hmm. In that case, it's moments like these when I question how I got into this school. I didn't even think to read what it said for your location. Haha, either way it'll be nice to have a new addition to the UIUC smash crew. You actually live really close to both Blake (3rd and healey) and Kevin (2nd and healey), which are our primary smash locations. Make sure to check the thread often so we can keep you in the loop!

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Bibi: Nah i think he was asian. That night is hazy at best for me though.

passerby: you live right near me (I'm kevin). I'm not too sure when the next time we'll be smashing is, but I'll try to make sure you know about it. PM or post your number so someone can text you next time we're smashing.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Thanks Kevin. I don't know him then.

For the UofC vs UIUC crew battle: they're pretty excited about it - apparently their dorm lounges are really nice and we can simply crash there if anyone needs to. Right now I count:
Kevin, Blake, Joe, Me, maybe Priten. No reply from Charlie yet.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo IDK what I have going on may 12-13 but I'm tentatively down for that crew battle

GGs to Rumbly, meow, Greg, and Solo, sorry 'bout the TV.

Solo, your fox is looking better every day. I expect guaranteed shine-shieldbreaks by the next time we play!

Top Bottom