• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
If someone can get me a ride up on the 12th or 13th or whenever I might be down.

Also, Kevin, can you upload Darkrain vs Dart to filesmelt.com and post the link? Thanks in advance.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I totally forgot that the 11-12 is the Zelda: Symphony of the goddesses. and I have tickets for that so I can't go to DB or be in the crew battle, good luck without me though

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the UofC people are way less likely to attend Don't Blink because of other things going on for them that weekend, among other excuses (my friend over there has his one concert on that weekend, for example).

So, what do you guys think? Attend Don't Blink or not? Do we even want to go and match w/ them?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i'd rather go to DB. If these guys have enough johns where they can't make the tournament, how do they have time to play us anyway?

btw check your phone bibi

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
goolick is looking to smash today. if you don't have his #, shoot me a text and i'll send it to you.

i got 2 review sessions today and a final tmw, so i'm a no-go for today.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to smash this afternoon and all day sat+sun. I have a final next Friday but i do have to take time to prepare, but I'm sure I can fit in some smash during next week.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
my final today is 7-10pm. I'd like to play some melee afterwards if anyone's down. If you guys wanna start earlier, I'll just meet you wherever you end up smashing. Otherwise, my place is always open after 10pm. Maybe earlier, depending what jack's doing. I'll update if I find out anything from jack.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
everyone: download whatsapp if you have a smartphone. It's available for WP7, android, and iOS. I've created a group chat that I'll add you to once you've got the app. We can coordinate smashfests etc more easily. Tim suggested we try it as an alternative to our current inefficient system of "post on smashboards and hope someone sees in time, then text a bunch of people back and forth trying to coordinate times and places."

AFAIK almost everyone in our group has a smartphone so this might make things easier...

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea that would be easier, but I think we should post it on the boards just in case. Like if new people would like to join.

Also kevin and jack: I left a whole bunch of beer at your place lol. Keep it as a thank you from me for hosting all year.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
and for the record, even blackberry and nokia phones are supported too :p but yeah whatsapp is super useful for organizing things in general, everyone gets instantly notified by everyone else

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
yeah we'll still try to make sure someone posts in this thread for every smashfest that goes down.

thanks for the beer joe. It's been a pleasure hosting you guys in our smash cave all year. gotta host a year-end smashfest so you guys can help us finish all these beers w/ shotgun matches... we also need to kill that soju tim brought on unofficial. SOJU BOMB MATCHES

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
oops just wrong clicked and reported pseudoturtle rofl.

I'm free from like 1 - 3 this week if people want practice on any character on the smash list against me. also I'll be up in chi town friday/sat if anyone wants to play anytime.

Battlecow

Play to Win
damn don't have a smartphone =(

Also what's the deal with chicago this weekend? My schedule's a little... iffy... I'm a maybe, depending on when all the **** is.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Doubles bracket starts @ 12:30. Singles pools at 2pm. Singles bracket at 6. Jack and I are entering doubles.

edit: btw charlie we'll still make sure to contact you via smashboards and/or text when we're smashing.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Doubles bracket starts @ 12:30. Singles pools at 2pm. Singles bracket at 6. Jack and I are entering doubles.

edit: btw charlie we'll still make sure to contact you via smashboards and/or text when we're smashing.
****. In that case, it all depends on whether or not my Dad is picking me up on friday or on saturday. This may pose a slight problem...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, I can't get to Don't Blink, I have some bull**** finals on Saturday morning because my school is ********.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
the johns are overwhelming guys...

I'm done with my finals except for a take-home final due friday. I should be around Champaign at least until like tuesday or something. I can probably smash any time anyday after 6pm tmw.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
the johns are overwhelming guys...

I'm done with my finals except for a take-home final due friday. I should be around Champaign at least until like tuesday or something. I can probably smash any time anyday after 6pm tmw.
I might be able to smash tomorrow early during the day. Only problem is I gotta study for my friday final, which should be pretty easy.

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm free tosmash tonight. In a recording mood also

:phone:

Top Bottom