• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
If i'm able to pack efficiently on Friday, then I can play Friday night. I have some things in my apartment that need to be eaten/drank that I'll probably bring (chips, salsa, beer). I'm planning to drive back home saturday morning :o

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you should have texted me, I was free. I'm not now though

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
**** passerby, I didn't check the thread in a while. My b. I had work and stuff with my fraternity for the past couple days (yeah johns I know).

Kevin: are you gone? 'Cause I probably should have taken my tube back.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
bibi: chris is around all summer. Just hit him up whenever to get your tv.

I got an internship in st louis for the summer. I should be around at least 1 or 2 weekends over the course of the summer. Also, I'm 99% confirmed for FC

btw sorry durand, passerby, and goolick... didn't play you guys as i had suggested i would earlier :[

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
good **** going to a tourney last weekend guys.

Priten & Blake: I might make a trip to Springfield in the coming weeks. Depends how often St Louis is down to play

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
So since I've been communicating with Blake almost entirely through texting and the rest mostly through Facebook it's been a while since I posted in here.

Anyway, Blake and I are practicing almost every day at this point, and we have some new blood here in good ol' Springpatch as well - a few of my casual friends that I've convinced into going competitive. One of them met Blake yesterday, and I'm going to try to get the rest of them to start practicing with us too. Don't get too excited yet, since they're all only just beginning to learn tech skill with the exception of one or two of them, but we have at least one potential Falco on our hands, as well as whatever characters the others decide to main.

I want to get more Springfield / Peoria / Champaign smashfests and practices going too. Kevin, I can't wait to see you again whenever you can come up here with your St. Louis buddies. Jack is welcome if he's around. Charlie, since you live in Champaign, feel free to drive down here to Springfield on any given weekend to practice with me and Blake, too.

Let's make this summer a Melee-filled one, people.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
haven't played since zenith. Just missed the bracket cutoff. I had a very doable pool. Lost to blackchris' ganon, otg's doc, and jo4n's falco. Mostly disappointed with how I did against blackchris. Wasn't hitting enough my combos and did a lot of dumb/noncreative approaching, all for a matchup I generally take pride in. It's all good though. Every experience of ****ing up in tournament will lead to better consistency eventually. Back to the drawing board with the ganon matchup though. Still at the drawing board for the space animals.

Still haven't played any of st louis crew since i've been sleeping early to make sure i make a good showing for the first week of my internship. Should be playing them sometime soon.

I think these few days off from melee will prove to have done me some good. Especially when the break comes after a disappointing performance. My hunger for greatness increases.

Post on here if you're going to tournaments, gents. I'll try to meet up with you if my schedule allows.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Too bad about zenith, kev.

I'll hit you up if I ever feel like heading down to springfield, Priten. I'm kind of focusing on 64 ATM, putting in 6 hours a day online to make sure you guys MAKE THAT MONEY come august 12.

Speaking of which, 64 smashfest at my place sometime this week for any of you boardmates who're interested (Dew Rag?) it's gonna be LEGENDARY, we got Fynal, Miyagi, maybe 14k, Solo, Cucui, THE WHOLE DAMN CREW

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
We have enough ppl for a 64 crew!? UIUC - NOT ENOUGH PPL FOR NEWEST VERSION OF A GAME, PLAYS THE 10 AND 13 YEAR OLD VERSIONS INSTEAD. <33333 ~~~~~~<======3

:phone:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
better be some console smashfests in chicago when i'm up there.

gotta practice for fc.
Guaranteed at sveet's place. Trail, kels, sveet (obviously), orly, oro, looshkin and all the other awesome chicago smashers will be there.

EDIT: Kevin, good move on going to zenith. Sorry to hear you didn't get out of pools. Good news is that I'll be providing you with the utmost ganon practice come next school year. I'm getting super technical although I still kinda suck overall haha. Unfortunately, the last couple times at Sveet's place, I've been playing like a ******** gorilla due to lack of sleep (johns), but I did really well in the last tournament I entered... even tho I got 2-0'd by everyone lol my pool was stacked (multiple space animals =/. Still have no idea how to fight those little ****ers).

I digress... the point of the edit was to inform all of you that one of my favorite ganons, the beast known as LINGUINI is coming up to Chicago to smash sometime in mid July. Sveet said he's gonna make sure that there will be a tournament for him when he comes. You all will have to stop by at that time, NO JOHNS.

tl;dr LINGUINI IS COMING TO CHICAGO- BE THERE

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I don't think he is, but id have to talk to him to make sure. In any case, he's one of my all time favorite ganons, so im pumped lol, definitely hoping you guys could come up. There will be a tournament with kels, sveet, trail, matt and tom r, and linguini. So tight.

:phone:

Top Bottom