• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I could technically get 4 more (I think I have 3 backseats, lol) in my clown car.

Probably the best/latest date for a fall tourney would be Nov 5, after that, it's a tradeoff between people being displaced by Thanksgiving break and people being free during Thanksgiving break (and Veteran's Day, go figure).

Was there going to be smash tomorrow? (Tues). I was pretty productive today, so I'd be fine with that.
UPDATED UPDATE: There should be something going on tonight Wednesday

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I may be going to peoria to play smash :awesome: train with dart!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh, you got a job?? Nice. What company?

4/4 is a lot better than 1/8. Evidently I'm not so charming.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Wellpoint.

1/1 for my internship. 2/2 for my first full-time job search. And now 1/1 after almost 10 months, so my 4 is a little misleading vs your 8. I'm not even close to being as good as getting those on-sites. I guess we're both luckier at one aspect of the job hunt but it evens out. I rarely get past HR for some reason.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yes yes I need a reason to come back to Champaign. Also a reason to start playing Melee again.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Same here.

Me14k (is that it?) said something in the facebook group about doing another SMYM. Maybe you want to get with him. Or maybe he was just dreaming out loud.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
it isn't very hard. bun bun will do all/most of it for you :)

just go in there and talk to amy knowlton. most weekends are pretty open

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
thanks alex. should i be careful not to mention that there will be money involved? also what was the cost to rent the venue last time?

current UIUC guys: make sure to register for The Big House if you're interested in going and post that you've done so here so we can make travel/housing arrangements...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304965

Also, i need confirmation of who's going to Smash to the Future next weekend.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
PM me your phone number. Do you have a car? I'm not sure if jack or tim are going yet, so dunno if we have transportation yet.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'll go to Smash To the Future -- didn't see any required registration for that, but I registered for Big House.

I.e., I'm in for both those.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
cool. there's no pre-reg for smash to the future. can you drive if jack doesn't go?

ninjaedit: obviously we'd give you gas/drug moneyz

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
foshizzle. Guess that means I'll have to clean out my car; it's only been 2-3 months. Don't worry about gas monies -- but that aforementioned drug money...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The folks at the McKinley Foundation know who we are, even though "we" isn't always the same people. So you would want to relate it to the video game tournaments that have happened over the years. I don't remember ever being asked whether there was money involved, but I wouldn't mention it. I mentioned it at the Wesley church and they said nope, can't do that.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
ok thanks AOB. i always remember how much i miss justice league when you post. and static shock. DC animated universe was the ****

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
thanks alex. should i be careful not to mention that there will be money involved? also what was the cost to rent the venue last time?

current UIUC guys: make sure to register for The Big House if you're interested in going and post that you've done so here so we can make travel/housing arrangements...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304965

Also, i need confirmation of who's going to Smash to the Future next weekend.
200 dollars or something like that. then there was a 150 dollar deposit that is refunded at the end of the tourney. it costs a lot of jack to set up, but you get it all back plus a little when its over.

don't really mention its for money. they won't really ask. just tell her youre with the smash tournament people. She knew who we were when I spoke to her about smym12.

probly february would be best datewise. that way you can get 100+ EZ

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
PSIcaramel PMed me and said he has a friend who ain't on smashboards who wants to come. not sure if goolick's coming yet.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
goolick ain't coming.

ripple: if you see this, we're going to smash to the future this weekend and there's room on the car for one more guy. post if you want in

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
So Google says it's almost a 3 hour trip, so we should probably leave sometime 8-9. You guys have my phone number.

Technically still 1 more seat if anyone wants to come~

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
goolick ain't coming.

ripple: if you see this, we're going to smash to the future this weekend and there's room on the car for one more guy. post if you want in
sorry, I'm heading up to chicago on friday. lol

not for melee though

and I'll be leaving early too so you won't see me.

btw I would love to host the Next smym here. I'd be a great TO since I probably wouldn't play

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Bert/Ripple/anyone else involved in planning SMYM:

PLEASE make it on 2/25 or 3/3, those are the weekends coinciding with UM's spring break

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
also inquire about getting the upstairs room instead of the downstairs one....i dont think they rent it anymore but its worth a shot because it's a lot nicer room

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
andy, put in the good word for me at humana

i had my first phone interview with them

but for some reason i dont have much faith

tell them i can melee well

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Did you find out what department? I always asked them but then I'd forget what they said.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
no i have no idea....i dont even know what job im being considered for, the recruiter called me and told me the development program is ideal and she told me to go online and apply for that spot but I cant find it on their site

i applied for the standard actuarial analyst role but it sounded like i had no chance at those

did you do an internship at any point?

Top Bottom