• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
6:30 at my place. 201 E healey # 31. It's at 2nd and healey. Still don't have a second tv. Don't bring yours if its flat screen tho because i already have one of those in addition to the non-laggy tv
I live at 3rd and healey!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i might be free this weekend. As in sat? noon - afternoonish?

any melee takers?

btw ripple, I've heard about you from 5150 and big D from a long *** time ago, I wants to play you

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo- me and Firo (one of the top 3 ness mains in North America, arguably the world, CS major) are gonna play some 64 this weekend as soon as one of us gets a TV. Anyone want in?

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
@Dew Rag -- sounds neato

@Battlecow wut 64? Maybe.. I can imagine getting bored in a couple games though -- never played or seen competitive 64 (and no, my computer has a magical barrier that prevents me from looking them up on YouTube)

Battlecow

Play to Win
competitive 64 is to competitive melee as competitive melee is to competitive brawl.

MORE combos, MORE edgeguards, MORE balance

OK maybe not but it's still magical and wonderful. PLUS you can play online for real.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
\o/ 2 people I don't think I've met yet.

Place? I would offer mine, but it's actually pretty bad for melee without a whole lot of rearranging (couch too far away, slightly laggy TV, etc).

I do have Smash Bros 64 on my Wii Virtual Console, so if Battlecow's that determined...

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
If there's nothing worked out by then, anyone interested can give me a ring/chirp-de-derp (those with sleuthing skills can find my number earlier)

:phone:

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I'm still ok with anything this weekend (and we have monday off too?) I'd prefer later in the day -- but midday's ok if I have a heads-up. Since it's not going to be *as* ridiculously hot, my apt may be able to sustain more people if no one else has got a place.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The insignia for the American Academy of Actuaries is a Triforce.

I discovered this when I went to the website to look at the actuarial code of conduct to answer a dumb question for the FAP interim assessment, which is dumb.

Battlecow

Play to Win
64 at my place on monday. Carl+David (fynal+firo) are coming, and y'all are invited too, but you have to bring extra setups if you wanna play melee. And you have to be nice to my parents.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
My calendar says we're due for another smashing -- but I'm fine with just sleeping all weekend.. if anyone's wanting to do something, lemme know

Not relevant:

P.S. @AOB -- I definitely looked up to see which came first, actuaries or Zelda. Unfortunately it's not a career path with a secret lust for gaming :(

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I should get a triforce tattoo on my hand when I become a member.

But I wonder if anyone at work would get it. They might just think I'm a total actuarial dork.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I'm not done with my MP yet so I'm out :(

Nice hamtaro though tim. Talk to goolick. He texted me looking to smash. I think jack should be free too (The ****er never checks this thread... if you text me i can put you in touch with him)

slomo431

Smash Ace
ill probably end up going back to school come january...things are too bleak right now

im looking at northwestern
What are you gonna take? Quitting the actuary biz or getting a Masters that will help you with it like Stats or something? Those job postings that require a master statsman and the like seem to last a lot longer.

Right now with me the weird thing is I'm having my best luck so far in getting initial inquiries and my first on site interview with health companies instead of P&C. But man this job search **** is discouraging.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Working in health is awesome.

There. Now when they ask you why you want to work in health when you have experience in P&C, you can tell them you have a friend who says it's awesome. Instead of having to say you'll take what you can get, which may not go over so well.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Working in health is awesome.

There. Now when they ask you why you want to work in health when you have experience in P&C, you can tell them you have a friend who says it's awesome. Instead of having to say you'll take what you can get, which may not go over so well.
Well, the actuary I first interviewed with actually said she felt that Health was fairly close in what they do compared to P&C and wasn't worried about the transition. I just have to hope the rest of her team especially the manager feel the same way. It actually seems pretty great and is one of my top choices despite being Health.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Saturday at my place, it would seem. I'd suggest in the evening (7ish), but another time's fine.

I think everyone has my address, but I know everyone has my number (except PSI whom I'll pm)

And if anyone is susceptible to bribes (food, drink, unspeakable acts, etc), just let me know, and arrangements can be made.

Everyone should come!

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to TuxingtonIII for letting us use his place :)

Smash RSO anyone? We could get funding, rooms and ****. Maybe help host SMYM 13? Get sponsored a trip to APEX or something?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i know umich's smash club gets a room they can play in. they also have 2 tvs in the room. that might be nice. Funding would probably non-existent or sparse at the very best. I also don't think the UIUC smash community would increase in size by more than maybe 1 or 2 members as a result of an RSO existing.

i'm from nj, so i have a lot of friends at rutgers if anyone needs housing for APEX. Anyone interested in the pre-APEX at umich oct 22nd? Turnout should be big for a midwest tournament.

As far as SMYM, i'm down to run it. We could even do a fall tournament as well if it's not too late to organize one.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Righteous, wicked, and sweet.

Of course, I don't expect to perform at the tourneys, but I'll go for the experience (since it might be my last chance :c ).

I have no idea what's involved or how long it'd take to set up a regional tourney here, but I'd be in too. A fall/winter one would be nice since SMYM would be quite a long time away. hyyyyyyppppppeeeeeee

Top Bottom