• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
6:30 it is. I'm at 201 E healey #31. Anyone else who can make it, please come over. we need at least one more to get some doubles

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
**** I want to go to the Big House just for fun aaaaahhhh stoopid skool

anyone want to maybe play next week? kevin? rofl
I want to start getting better again lol

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
next week sounds good.

anyone want to get some more matches today? i need singles practice for the big house. i'm in unknown522's pool with PEEF, SCOTU, and the good doctor

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
the big house was freaking awesome. i'm down for smash this week. i can try to get my work done for whichever night we decide on.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll help out with hosting. I'll be bust with midterms this week and halloween this weekend so I can't play this weekend

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kevin's strange repressed high-school attraction to MacD notwithstanding, are we playing melee this week?

My parents are out of town, so I'm good whenever and I can bring a setup

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
Is there room for one more? If so, does anyone have a spare controller I can use (left mine at home)?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
andy im coming to humana in kentucky for an interview nov. 15

i think they fly me in the day before, we should have dinner so you can coach me

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i'm at 201 e healey #31. let's meet up after dinner... so 7?

btw we need an extra setup. pretty sure we'll have more than 4 ppl

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can bring the second setup, but my TV is huge (not in a good way, just extremely heavy and clunky) and I'd need help bringing it up all them stairs

it's also kinda fritzing and doing weird **** so it might conk out on us halfway through the session

basically if anyone has a better TV they could bring that'd be great

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
andy im coming to humana in kentucky for an interview nov. 15

i think they fly me in the day before, we should have dinner so you can coach me
Oh yeah? Well congrats. Let's do that--let me know when you have an ETA. If you end up getting a job, we can start hanging out, and then you'll wish you had someone else to hang out with.

Yeah, coaching from a guy with a 12.5% hit rate. That should really help you out. My advice? Don't be like me.

But if I can tell you something and then you can say to them "my friend works here and he says so and so" that may get you some points.

Oh and I hope you have found out or will find out what department you're interviewing for.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
haha all i know is that its an actuarial analyst...as far as department, do you mean life/health vs prop/cas? i havent done any research on the company yet so i dont even know what they do hahaha

i have a 0% hit rate so you got me beat by an infinite amount on that front

mostly i just want scoop i can use at the interview to make me seem smart

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh dear. So did you only do an HR phone interview? Because I doubt you would get through an interview with an actuary without knowing what business the company is in (Health), or finding out what you were interviewing for.
I would be surprised by that. Maybe this is a janitorial position.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm in group medicare (as in medicare advantage). There's also individual medicare, and group and individual non-medicare, or whatever they call it.

Top Bottom