• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Smash II - January 12th & 13th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

blur

Smash Cadet
hmmm im pretty down to go but i just dont want any real players to go because im still a noob and i might have a chance to win

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
I dont Know This Sounds INSANE!!! Me And My Friend Just Might Have To Hit This Up!!!

P.S.
Is There A Rule About Competing In Both Double's And Single's???
you can only compete in both events if you and your doubles partner give azn_lep similtaneous zj's.

and if you don't know what a zj is... then you prlly cant afford one

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I was in Thailand playing ping-pong in Ding-Dang. A high stakes game in some Opium den. Turns out, these aren't the types of guys who like to lose. When I beat them, they beat me. And this is hard to say. They held me down and shoved a ping-pong paddle up my ***.

And yes I will be accepting ZJs in order to enter in only one tournament. Elsewise you MUST enter in both. Don't worry if you dont have a partner, odd are, someone else doesnt either.

Rickety

Peace and Love
ZeeJay?

you can only compete in both events if you and your doubles partner give azn_lep similtaneous zj's.

and if you don't know what a zj is... then you prlly cant afford one
What's a ZJ?

I was in Thailand playing ping-pong in Ding-Dang. A high stakes game in some Opium den. Turns out, these aren't the types of guys who like to lose. When I beat them, they beat me. And this is hard to say. They held me down and shoved a ping-pong paddle up my ***.

And yes I will be accepting ZJs in order to enter in only one tournament. Elsewise you MUST enter in both. Don't worry if you dont have a partner, odd are, someone else doesnt either.
I'm so confused.

i wonder if palmdale is making a trip for this? o_O
Ooh! I hope Palmdale comes to this :] You guys are amazing at smash and amazingly nice :]

<3
rick(ety)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord

ahahaha. i ****ing love you pat. good ****. only a few people in sd smash would have any clur of what im talking about

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
word, update. So we got the tables thankfully, cuz that woulda sucked a lot. We also got the TV count from UCSD up to 16, wtf awesome.

Problem. We have no cubes/wiis being provided. This is where I need SD to step up. Please post if you can bring cubes guys. we're gonna need at least 16 to fill the TVs that UCSD is providing.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Cube List

since i ran inventory for oc3 i have a good idea of who owns what in sd... so you guys better step up and bring some dang cubes!

me- 1
maple-1
rickety-1
st. patrick-1
yloh-1
amon amarth-1
edrees-1
san marcos-1

blah i know there is more... so just bring em if you got em.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
consider me 100% going to this, don't care what happens.

sorry, sd > the dan wa. not like they care tho.

i'll bring one cube for sure. there should be no excuse not to have 16 cubes; you guys have 16 tvs provided? that's amazing.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hey Pat, would you happen to have the address for the lodge for next Saturday! I'm sure all the SD veterans know where it is, but I want to have the address for the newcomers and I can't find it! :-P

Also, what time would you like it to start?

<3
rick(ety)

For this tournament, count me in for a Cube, possibly 2; that depends on Tony :-P

Vincent Vega

Smash Journeyman
I just saw that again today :laugh:

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
DreamHack619 - I know you figured we were joking, but I'm gonna formally apologize anyways. Sorry man.

If I haven't already answered your question: You MUST enter both events. Although I say must, there will be exceptions if you truly can't make it on time or something dire required you to leave early. I'm not gonna hold you for that.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
P, I'm still arranging housing situation with students at UCSD. I'll get the the first page updated once I get everything figured out.

EDIT: Edrees, I don't like to put tentative special guests haha. I'll wait until I get a final word.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
how do we get housing though btw? just re-read OP and didn't see anything about it.
You'll have to find someone in SD that's willing to house you. I'll be willing to house one or two people, so long as my parents are alright with it and I get along with them, and that excludes you. I'm not trying to be mean by this post, but we don't seem to get along so, logically, I won't be housing you. Good luck finding housing though.

Also, put me down for a TV and Cube.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i'll be coming to this.

somebody house mango + lucky + me + dc + gimpyfish assuming gimpy goes because housing with gimpy is tooooooooo goooooood.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
people are going to get butt hurt over my post, so i'll edit it.

play me in tournament and/or money match me.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
He means that by getting in a public argument with Bone on the boards, you've now made him not like you. What a huge surprise. >_>

*subscribes*

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
DreamHack619 - I know you figured we were joking, but I'm gonna formally apologize anyways. Sorry man.

If I haven't already answered your question: You MUST enter both events. Although I say must, there will be exceptions if you truly can't make it on time or something dire required you to leave early. I'm not gonna hold you for that.
Yeah Azn its all good man.... But yeah I got it now! Me and my partner will do the doubles then..... Thanks Azn!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Similar to Saint Patrick, I'll mm any Peach(oos) going to this tournament, I'm always taking MM's vs Peach(oo). So if any think they can beat me let's do this :D

Legend17

Smash Rookie
Hey guys ill take a cube, ...hey AzN Lep, do chicks ever attend these tournaments, haha, its gonna be my first one.

Legend17

Smash Rookie
Hey guys ill take a cube, ...hey AzN Lep, do chicks ever attend these tournaments, haha, its gonna be my first one.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
The ladies in general don't really play much smash. There might be one or two that are just students at UCSD, but I wouldn't et your hopes high. Smash just isn't the chick magnet game, sorry bud.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
ucsd is full of girls though =)....some1 should house me plzzzzzzzzzz ill be your bestest freind LOL

araknophobik

Smash Master
what is the schedule for saturday/sunday?
due to work i prob can only make it sunday so if its teams one day and singles the next then cool i'll do singles ^_^
if its pools one day and bracket the next then im out of luck =[

$BONE$

Smash Ace
dear palmdale and round table, i will help you find housing here at a last resort. pleasee contact me on aim someone. thanks. :]

i'll probably be about 30 or so minutes from the venue @ my parents place around this time so possibly, i'll be able to cram some of you in a tiny room.. and if not everyone, i know plenty of people in san diego that are somewhat nearby. k.

oh and, try to bring the brothers to this palmdale!

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I can house probably a maximum of 3 people overnight =P So if anyone needs some housing for this, let me know. You guys will have to be able to drive since I drive a truck and can only seat one other person, but I live about 20-25 minutes from the venue and my parents okay'd the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom