• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest 2011 Melee Housing Thread

Jun.

Smash Lord
This thread is so that we can centralize who needs housing since its getting really confusing who needs housing and to prioritize according to who needs it the most.

Post in the thread your group that needs housing and PM me your contact info. And I'll do my best to arrange housing / accommodations.

My contact info

Last edited:

Jun.

Smash Lord
The Yonder - 1 guy
Mew2king

Santa Barbara - 5 not housed
A2ZOMG
DanteFox
+player
+player
+player

Santa Cruz - HOUSED by Hall (would like somewhere closer if possible)
Hyuga - Sheridan
Replicate
Truman
Scar
Gishnak

Irvine - 5 not housed
Jkun
Kira(?)
Maple
Hyprid
Fly

Inland Empire - 3 HOUSED by Kevin (tacoz)
Russell
Ekoli
Fallennova

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Santa Barbara would go if we got housing.

DanteFox and I can be contacted on AIM concerning this.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I believe metalreflectslime counted about 5 of us who wanted to potentially attend WGF.

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
sweet the thread i just needed. hey Jun, want to house me (plus 2) again?? :D we're not socially awkward so we can have a great time doing other stuff, or just play smash i guess lol. It would be sweet if you could!

It would be: Me, Eric (Ekoli) & Bryant (Fallennova)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Ooh, I was allowed to house four people this weekend, but I had already given the spots to four Brawl players (don't hate me too much, please!). However, they might have to cancel coming to the tournament, so if they can't come then I'd be more than happy to house four (cute) Melee players! <3

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Ooh, I was allowed to house four people this weekend, but I had already given the spots to four Brawl players (don't hate me too much, please!). However, they might have to cancel coming to the tournament, so if they can't come then I'd be more than happy to house four (cute) Melee players! <3
When will you know by? Hopefully I and my cohorts (Replicate, Shroomed, et al) can meet your cuteness standards.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I need housing just for myself

Jun.

Smash Lord
I'm asking around UCSD players so hopefully everyone on the list will be housed. If not.... PARTY AT THE RAMADA LIKE ARMADA

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'll say what I said in the UCSD thread.

I was gonna be housing AZ if they came, but they haven't said anything or updated me in any way; so I could probably house 4 smashers, maybe 5.

PM me or IM me if you want to talk about housing

Jun.

Smash Lord
Please notify me when people are set up with housing so I know who to cross off. Please try and prioritize farther people first ex. norcal > irvine

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i figured this is a good place to ask, is anyone traveling here gonna pass by pasadena? me and E40 really need a ride for this, we have found housing for the two of us already i believe. if you can pick us up (a friend can drive us to a convenient location for pickup) we can bring a setup and give u the discount, as well as pay for gas. our only other option is the train, w/c is like a 5 hour ride and $30 per person one way :( so if you could help us out please let me know!!! :) pm is fine.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Jun

Here's a update on Irvine Carpool B, Carpool A is MacD's car but I'm not too sure on his status

Me
Maple(?)
Fly
Hyprid
*Open spot*

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
guys I arrive in San Diego Friday morning just after 10 AM

my cell is 856 308 1625

I need housing

I also need a really good Melee Fox/Sheik/marth controller. something perfectly sensitive to dashing backwards and moving around well. Can someone please help me with both of these? (housing + controller)?

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Me (Max) and my friend Mike need housing. We're from Cerritos, which is south of LA and north of Irvine. We're friends with Albert (A Rookie) :D

Any help would be much appreciated. My AIM sn is 'mxwsn'.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
guys I arrive in San Diego Friday morning just after 10 AM

my cell is 856 308 1625

I need housing

I also need a really good Melee Fox/Sheik/marth controller. something perfectly sensitive to dashing backwards and moving around well. Can someone please help me with both of these? (housing + controller)?
Assuming I actually make it to WGF, I want to meet you in person anyway, and I have a bunch of controllers...

DJMirror

Smash Master
Sure

btw

Jun there's a update on the carpool again

NOW it's:

Me
Hyprid
Fly
Wesballz
JTB

**** I'm the only asian guy in the car

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK we got housing from Hall, but he lives in Chula Vista like 30 minutes South of UCSD, so we'd still like to find somewhere that's further North if possible since we're driving like 400 miles already. Rick or anyone else please let us know if possible!

Jun.

Smash Lord
ty for posting

updated front page.

Too bad I don't have that house anymore where i housed like 20 people at Pat's House =[

embracethe12

Smash Lord
sleeping in the venue is not an option correct?

also horribly last minute
but i need housing for just me and a friend

just saturday night

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I live on campus and have one couch, and enough floor space for maybe 1 or 2 more ppl. My roomate wants to charge $10 a night though.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm a ucsd smasher (same guy who recorded all of triweekly vol xxx) who lives right across from UTC and is able to house 3 people.

I can only provide housing Saturday night (no Friday).
I have two couches so the third probably has to sleep on the floor. My place is a bit cold (due to the hardwood) so bring something warm to get you through the night. Parking's not an issue and campus is less than 10 minutes away by car.

Edit: Sorry. Already housing russell, ekoli, and fallennova.

Top Bottom