• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

The Game II

Smash Champion
Blitz you wanted a picture of you doing a wannabe mosh pit ....

That was the best my camera could do with no flash. I guess I'm delaying getting a PSP. I'm getting a new camera asap.

--GCII

edit: gots my stimulus check, so I can get both. YES.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
Lolz @ pbody jokes

Aesis ~ Great job!!!! I love sponsoring myself ^_^

Neal ~ always rushing me. About to DQ me for drawing

And thanx 2 everyone who tipped me!!! =D

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Fustizzio, How dare you.

Fun tourney, thanks for hosting. IN-n-out was great. TOO bad i didn't get home until 5. This I-5 North under construction from 1-4? This wouldn't have happened in melee.
P.S. don't fall asleep if bigfoot's around (homo).

Johnny Blitz

Smash Ace
Blitz you wanted a picture of you doing a wannabe mosh pit ....

That was the best my camera could do with no flash. I guess I'm delaying getting a PSP. I'm getting a new camera asap.

--GCII

edit: gots my stimulus check, so I can get both. YES.
lawl@ everyones face when i pounced mike haze especially hugs' that was priceless

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
The way I see it, for a smash match to be exciting, even in melee, you'd have to either be witnessing an upset or having a huge rivalry unfold. No one is proven enough, aside from just futile and DSF, to even have the potential to take an upset loss. There aren't any rivalries either because even if you were to play OOS or OOR competition, they wouldn't have reputations of their own to make that win worthwhile or that loss a terrible one.
Meh, I find all smash matches been two high-quality players to be exciting. I didn't know Florida players like QueenDVS and Colbol and SheikSSBM but that didn't make them any less enjoyable.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
He's some bitter, lost Jigglypuff soul wondering for purpose/attention.

West Coast is just too **** right now, we simply own at this game. You guys know like a total of 3 matchups (snake/mk/DDD), anything more comes from WC youtube vids =P.

West Coast = Best Coast

East Coast = Snake Coast

GG Son King Out
How dare you King.. i'm seriously considering taking off work.. dropping my boys money to pay my rent for a month... hitting up Vegas.. and bringing my crew to whipe the floor of all the "big bad" WCers that think they're still the sh*t when CLEARLY the EC dominates with the best of EVERY single brawl character right now...

WTF does the WC have?

Germ.. EverlastingYeyuzz.. You?

>_>

GTFO son. Name a crew battle where we didn't win, and i'll tell you how good the WC is at Brawl <(^_^)b

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hey i remember when you played in that crew battle for east coast man that was good stuff you beating the west coast and everything

way to contribute

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
How dare you King.. i'm seriously considering taking off work.. dropping my boys money to pay my rent for a month... hitting up Vegas.. and bringing my crew to whipe the floor of all the "big bad" WCers that think they're still the sh*t when CLEARLY the EC dominates with the best of EVERY single brawl character right now...

WTF does the WC have?

>_>

GTFO son. Name a crew battle where we didn't win, and i'll tell you how good the WC is at Brawl <(^_^)b

have to back up king hes a fellow marth player. Guarentee WC has better warios, marths, and any other characters all you guys got is snake you can have him.

snake= gay, and everybody that uses him has the same style -__-
besides Psycho ****** ^_^

The King

Smash Ace

WTF does the WC have?

>_>

Normally, I would bring up the fact that as far as "real coastal teams" competing, EC and WC are even, as all of our best players didn't attend FC3 just as all of your best players didn't attend OC3. WC got 2nd place at FC3, EC got 2nd place at OC3. No johns all around.

And normally, I would bring up the fact that most of the WC disappeared from the nationwide tourney scene following the MLG'06 season, with only a few people traveling here & there, while EC was left to stew in their own regions thinking "well if we're the only people here, we're obviously the best!"...then some random jigglypuff player goes there, takes every top player's *******s, and parts them wider than Moses did to the Red Sea.

And normally, I would mention that this is a brand new game, with new physics, new (yes, i mean new, not non-existant lol) combos, new maneuverability options, and some of the same old mindgames. People are sprouting up and out of the woodwork, with new brawl talent happening everywhere. Hate to break it to you, but reputations hardly mean jack **** nowadays. I wouldn't give Mew2king's name anymore attention then I would ZodiacLuciens, until they start PROVING some consistency.

And normally, I would start listing off all the amazing brawl talent we've got here, but to protect the innocent (and their mindgames & techniques from being stolen, copied & gayed out by other regions) I won't. Rofl.

But call this a special occasion; I won't say anything more to perpetuate this. I'll just step it up and keep my facts to myself.

This is a tourney thread. Good **** everyone who ***** here at this game!

King Out

seigehyland

Smash Ace
Hostility....teach me how to play snake? because i just use jiggs, and i need some top tier variety. lol.

"if king drops jiggs for brawl...and mango drops jiggs in brawl...something must be wrong with jiggs"
-Azn_Lep

Naota21t

Smash Champion
As a Snake main (a decent one people tell me). Though last time I played was at NCB (I played Jeff, King and a few others), I can safely say to be a good Snake all you gotta do is:

Learn to use grenades (letting them explode while you have your shield up works wonders).
Up Smash a lot lol. It's great for edgeguarding.
Tilt whenever you want to kill (doesn't really matter which one... I guess if they're light go for up tilt).
Nairs to build up damage, bairs for priority.
Make sure to C4 when you're recoverying from above.
When playing DDD, use mines a lot, so that it limits their chainthrowing.

Thats about it really. Theres not too much to it.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
As a Snake main (a decent one people tell me). Though last time I played was at NCB (I played Jeff, King and a few others), I can safely say to be a good Snake all you gotta do is:

Learn to use grenades (letting them explode while you have your shield up works wonders).
Up Smash a lot lol. It's great for edgeguarding.
Tilt whenever you want to kill (doesn't really matter which one... I guess if they're light go for up tilt).
Nairs to build up damage, bairs for priority.
Make sure to C4 when you're recoverying from above.
When playing DDD, use mines a lot, so that it limits their chainthrowing.

Thats about it really. Theres not too much to it.
hahaha..wow..really good explanation. another question tho...what move do you use after you use your first up b to explode so that you can get a 2nd up b? grenade? and where do you throw it, up or down?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
You mean bomb jumping?

Well I don't know how you'd do it w/ grenades (though I think you can "bat-drop" grenades). But the easy way is to drop a C4, and immediately explode it afterwards. That'll blow you upwards and give you you're jump back.

Useful when you trap yourself under FD's stupid little ledge. But since Snake's recovery covers so much distance, you won't be really using it aside from that.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
hm I wonder what wouldve happened if NorCal actually had tournaments to go to.
People would realize how much more we actually rock.

We only have like a group of 8 people going to socal every now and then. T_T

More reason to host big tournaments in NorCal. NorCal is always going to SoCal, we need SoCal getting their ***** up here.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Well there is the one that that dude Axis is trying to organize in August.

Normal rules and 1k prize. That pretty much demands people from out of NorCal to come here.

but aside from that, its grim.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
You mean bomb jumping?

Well I don't know how you'd do it w/ grenades (though I think you can "bat-drop" grenades). But the easy way is to drop a C4, and immediately explode it afterwards. That'll blow you upwards and give you you're jump back.

Useful when you trap yourself under FD's stupid little ledge. But since Snake's recovery covers so much distance, you won't be really using it aside from that.
so its the down b instead then right?

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I've always found NorCal's dearth of actual tournaments curious.
UC Santa Cruz is pretty suck when it comes for a venue. The other UCs dont really have people who give about, and the only people who are capable of running it in a state univ won't go through all the trouble for Brawl.

Most other venues are super expensive and/or are in the middle of nowhere.

EDIT: My Charizard is the most beastly of them all.

Top Bottom