• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
out of 150 people...top 30 isnt so bad...im sure i can name 30 people who did better than you at the tourney mike.

so...top 30 isnt so bad

even more so for people who dont rank like me. =)
it's who you beat, not how well you placed. bad players concern with how well they place.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
it's who you beat, not how well you placed. bad players concern with how well they place.
That's exactly why I'm not really bummed about my placing in this tourney. I mean, I ***** the people I beat and I lost to Aesis and DSF. WTF is a guy supposed to do about that?

Then again, I had two Jigglypuffs, so I gotta admit, those matches were just a little easy. >_>

Miharu

Smash Hero
out of 150 people...top 30 isnt so bad...im sure i can name 30 people who did better than you at the tourney mike.

so...top 30 isnt so bad

even more so for people who dont rank like me. =)
A 150 man double elimination bracket makes up for really ****ed up results.

I had 2 Peaches, 2 Puffs, and 1 Samus. A Ganon/Sheik/Marth would have done much better given those matchups.

If there were pools, then it'd be a different story.

And this.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
true....

A 150 man double elimination bracket makes up for really ****ed up results.

I had 2 Peaches, 2 Puffs, and 1 Samus. A Ganon/Sheik/Marth would have done much better given those matchups.

If there were pools, then it'd be a different story.

And this.

Also true...but are you also saying that if u beat someone like ken in the 1st round by a fluke(which im sure is impossible)...and then lose 2 in a row to some randoms..and get like 100 somethingith place...that doesnt make you good either

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
=
and it's more like, i can name 100+ people who would **** you on any given day.

who did you lose to in bracket?

i bet someone bad/not good at least one of the times.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
That day was like my anti - Falco day. I mean, I hate playing Falco's but I did so poorly against every Falco I played (and I use Peach!!!) I mean, WTF!?! I even wanted to play Zhu but after I realized how poorly I was performing, I'd decided to change my mind (I'd probably get 4 stocked lol).

Well, whatever. On the other hand, I ***** practically every Falcon I played (my best match-up and I'm a Peach. Oh, the irony). I even did well against Spectre in our MM. I bet no other Peach player in SoCal can do as well as I did against Spectre :) (but of course, I did lose. But still, I did fairly well).

Still, I know I could have done better in general in the tourney. Man...

seigehyland

Smash Ace
and it's more like, i can name 100+ people who would **** you on any given day.

who did you lose to in bracket?

i bet someone bad/not good at least one of the times.
hahaha...yah youre right. i got beat by Zoap and Embracethe12s. Zoap is good. but at what point was this about how good i am? i never brag about skill. i dont MM people with the thought that i'm actually gunna win, i just happen to have an extra dollar...i dont say "yo gimpy..what happened to that MM?? how come you didnt find me, the anonymous guy"....naw man..i play for the fun of it....and yah ..i wouldve liked to have been better at this game, but im not. i probably placed 150 of 150....me and zoap played and i beat him once and he beat the in the 3rd round...im just glad i got to get my friendlies in with people who i enjoy playing against....whatever tho. im sticking to what i said earlier...top 30 is good work. but the top 30 people there consist of Mango, Lucky, SS, Ka-Master, Eggz, Hugs, Zhu,Tang,Falcomist, etc...just people who alot of people arent likely to beat..thats why i said top 30 is good..

/end

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
hahaha...yah youre right. i got beat by Zoap and Embracethe12s. Zoap is good. but at what point was this about how good i am? i never brag about skill. i dont MM people with the thought that i'm actually gunna win, i just happen to have an extra dollar...i dont say "yo gimpy..what happened to that MM?? how come you didnt find me, the anonymous guy"....naw man..i play for the fun of it....and yah ..i wouldve liked to have been better at this game, but im not. i probably placed 150 of 150....me and zoap played and i beat him once and he beat the in the 3rd round...im just glad i got to get my friendlies in with people who i enjoy playing against....whatever tho. im sticking to what i said earlier...top 30 is good work. but the top 30 people there consist of Mango, Lucky, SS, Ka-Master, Eggz, Hugs, Zhu,Tang,Falcomist, etc...just people who alot of people arent likely to beat..thats why i said top 30 is good..

/end
because you stated you can name at least 30 people who did better than me, which might be correct considering the level of gameplay. The way you stated your words were as if you were trying to put me down for (maybe) getting top 30+, so in a reaction i stated you probably did terrible, which you did, so end discussion much?

seigehyland

Smash Ace
because you stated you can name at least 30 people who did better than me, which might be correct considering the level of gameplay. The way you stated your words were as if you were trying to put me down for (maybe) getting top 30+, so in a reaction i stated you probably did terrible, which you did, so end discussion much?
when yesterday you asked why i thought top 30 was good..? you made it seem like top 30 was a horrible placing...which isnt true BECAUSE of the level of gameplay, like you said. we all know youre good mike, i wasnt trying to break your feelings bro. so.....

/end discussion on a good note

Miharu

Smash Hero
Also true...but are you also saying that if u beat someone like ken in the 1st round by a fluke(which im sure is impossible)...and then lose 2 in a row to some randoms..and get like 100 somethingith place...that doesnt make you good either
If you legitimately beat Ken, then you won't lose to 2 randoms.

If he sandbagged/threw the match or whatever, then that's a different story.

I thought Kage uses Ganon?
*facepalm*

but the top 30 people there consist of Mango, Lucky, SS, Ka-Master, Eggz, Hugs, Zhu,Tang,Falcomist, etc...just people who alot of people arent likely to beat..thats why i said top 30 is good..
That's the top 10.

didnt that falco 2 stock you? and from what iv heard from mike haze, he's pretty bad >;D
Stop trying so hard imo.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
ROFL, It's almost as if Haze is trying to pick an argument with as much noobs as he can./jk
I think the lack of tourney results is getting to him XD

But I don't blame him. I want the ****ing results already! This thread is practically dying and the only thing keeping it alive are the constant arguments...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
didnt that falco 2 stock you? and from what iv heard from mike haze, he's pretty bad >;D
lol i don't even know who you are, but i do know the only time i was really trying hard in friendlies is when i was money matching people, and even then i couldn't help suiciding in some. but i only lost money matches to one person and it wasn't you. in fact i didn't usually even go sheik in friendlies because she's boring, so lol @ basing stuff off of friendlies when people are using secondaries.

$10 mm?

edit: if you beat me in friendlies it was probably my marth, so i'll $10 mm that too.

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
shoutouts :)
Festizzio:thanks for the ride man best ride giver ever ;)
Mike Haze:idk we didnt play
Tang:You are too good,you ***** me lol,fun Link dittos
Zhu and Falcomist:Fun matches doubles was close
Mr.B1tch3s:Get *****
Luigi guy that kept hitting me:get *****
Ka Master:we only played 1 match and it was fun you are too good
ROFL:good matches
the 1st falco i played:you are too goodz you almost had me in thr 1st match
creepy fangas:we never played :(
every1 else good games sorry if i forgot you

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
Pink Reaper I need to play you in friendlies more. You're like the one of the most fun people I've played a friendly with. Shouting out "YES BIG MISTAKE" everytime you suicided was freakin funny as hell. I think I heard you say that during tourney matches(?) and your opponents were like wtf...

Next time it'll be brawl i guess, nattamean fsho

-the guy with the DAM IT hat.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I wanna clear some things up.

First: HK aka Kage is not good whatsoever. Anyone in socal who brings up beating HK aka Kage as some big accomplishment is a go**** ****ing noob and needs to be shot in the back of the head with a BB Gun.

Second: His posts are horrendously repetitive and boring. He's also strange as **** to talk to in person.

In conclusion... stfu.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
lol i don't even know who you are, but i do know the only time i was really trying hard in friendlies is when i was money matching people, and even then i couldn't help suiciding in some. but i only lost money matches to one person and it wasn't you. in fact i didn't usually even go sheik in friendlies because she's boring, so lol @ basing stuff off of friendlies when people are using secondaries.

$10 mm?

edit: if you beat me in friendlies it was probably my marth, so i'll $10 mm that too.

i played u in a friendly but we got interrupted because of a tourney match. And btw everyone that keeps asking, "why r u so proud of friendlies?" to this day i always thought people tried in friendlies. I guess i am pretty bad then lol XD

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Pink Reaper I need to play you in friendlies more. You're like the one of the most fun people I've played a friendly with. Shouting out "YES BIG MISTAKE" everytime you suicided was freakin funny as hell. I think I heard you say that during tourney matches(?) and your opponents were like wtf...

Next time it'll be brawl i guess, nattamean fsho

-the guy with the DAM IT hat.
I high five someone whenever I jump dodge too(air dodge off the stage) I love smash, so unlike some people, even when im serious im still enjoying myself. Also high five to Ka-Master for high five-ing me when he jump dodged in a doubles match against HugS.

Also, I was running off 3 and a half ours of sleep, so i don't really remember who you are >.> Sorry :(

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
I high five someone whenever I jump dodge too(air dodge off the stage) I love smash, so unlike some people, even when im serious im still enjoying myself. Also high five to Ka-Master for high five-ing me when he jump dodged in a doubles match against HugS.

Also, I was running off 3 and a half ours of sleep, so i don't really remember who you are >.> Sorry :(
don't worry, I knowz who you are. lulz stalker status?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i played u in a friendly but we got interrupted because of a tourney match. And btw everyone that keeps asking, "why r u so proud of friendlies?" to this day i always thought people tried in friendlies. I guess i am pretty bad then lol XD
People try to a point, but the better you get the less you care rofl. like mike haze doesn't have to try 100% the whole match to beat you, you're still probably gonna lose one way or another. and no one's going to be trying v some random falco dude. if i'm playing someone good i don't get to play often or someone interesting then sure i'll try, but otherwise it's nothing to judge **** off =/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow, I got 4 stocked by P.....so sayad, even though I gave up in round 2 which lead to the 4 stock

Miharu

Smash Hero
I wanna clear some things up.

First: HK aka Kage is not good whatsoever. Anyone in socal who brings up beating HK aka Kage as some big accomplishment is a go**** ****ing noob and needs to be shot in the back of the head with a BB Gun.

Second: His posts are horrendously repetitive and boring. He's also strange as **** to talk to in person.

In conclusion... stfu.
I beat NK.

Therefore...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
connor, take out this random falco for me rofl

luigi taught me to be the falco killer ^^

edit: lol ask tofufu

Samus-T

Smash Lord
being a random doesn't necessarily mean ur bad. ever heard of bum or fast like tree? i rest my case :]

Top Bottom