• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA REVIVAL II! Brawl + Melee Tournament (5/23/09) Need more TVs, sign up!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Ouch, I left my black controller here Dx let someone borrow it for melee, [Said his name was Rich?]
If he returns it to the front desk can someone whose going to SCSA pick it up for me? :<

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Doubles
1. Lucky + Kira
2. Zhu + Aesis
3. MacD + Sherigami
4. Connor + Kouryuu

Singles
1. Zhu
2. Lucky
3. Kira
4. Connor

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok shoutouts

Kira - CONGRATS AND GOOD **** TO YOU GETTING 3rd! me, Maple and Pnoy knew you can do it

now you own us dinner fool...

Connor - nice to see ya again

Kouyruu - Same as Connor

BoA, Teba, and Leepuff - Same and good **** on getting 2nd on both brawl singles and doubles

Patrick - hey there sexy

NikeHAZE - good**** on getting 3rd as well

Zhu - cool to see ya again

Grila - we'll team next time

Smoke2joints - dammnnnnn ya sooooo good and nice to meet ya

Dantefox - nice to meet ya and stuff you look like Rei

more shoutsout later....

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I don't even remember the names of my opponents in the tourney, but shoutouts to them anyways, lol.

I can't believe I was so off yesterday. I played a bunch of friendlies and did either fairly well or terribly, but I lost my first match in the actual tournament. ):

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Great tournament! One of my best smash days ever!
Shoutouts

Nasty Nate - Great matches in the first round. It was a really close set. Hope to play with you again soon.

Zhu - I told my friend that you will get 1st place in Singles, and it happened. Great job. That friendlies with your Link was very fun. Hope to play more with you.

Connor - Great matches in the second round. Now I know not to counter-pick with Mute City against Fox. haha

TYGR (Thomas) - You did great for your first tournament; you placed the same as I in the singles! Plus we did great for doubles. Finally, playing friendlies half the time was so awesome. Going back home at 7:00 pm wasn't too bad since we only had to take two bus routes.

Seng - Great tournament round! I am still thrilled by the match in Corneria. Everytime I think about that match, my heart beats a thousand times faster. Let's play some more later, especially when I visit Cerritos with my family one day.

Helmet - Great playing with you in friendlies. Let's play some more soon.

Freedom - Great to see you there. I wish we could have played more friendlies so you can be immune to Ganons in the future. Good job in the tourney btw

Lucky - I did not have the opportunity to play friendlies with you *sad face*. There's always next time haha.

Goober - Thank you very much for hosting!

I'll edit more once the full results are posted.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I am the KING of comebacks.

I take myself so seriously sometimes.

But in all seriousness, this was a great tournament. I love you Alan. More shoutouts to come.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
This is the first tourney where I have gotten top 3 in an event. Will It Blend???

Shoutouts:

Dantefox- That was a fun mm. I was getting ***** at the beginning but I never gave up hope ;)

Macd- Tell choknater that you can't team with him for Mango Juice

Practice Man- Space your stuff so you don't get grabbed and I will get *****

Kira- The responsibility of teaching me is in your hands now....

Connor/Kouryuu- Fun teams matches. I never thought we could beat you.

Lucky- I will beat your Marth one day!
hopefully in the not too distant future :)

Seng- Never count me out!

Nasty Nate- Thanks for the ride. When you drive it's almost like I don't need to worry about who to give my belongings to when I die

Grila- Let's play more!

smoke2jointz- Fun mm. I started to like the Falcon matchup more

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I liked this tournament a lot. :D
I felt like I learned a lot.

Shoutouts:

Pressure: lmao get ***** again son; at least you got something out of it though

Goober: Great tournament and great set. I let myself go somewhere during the second set and you took over :(

WarpStatus: good games! Your peach and falcon need to be a little faster :)

CrashOverride: Oh man your marth was moving around so much it was tripping me out. I'm just glad you stayed away from me most of the time, lol

PracticeMan: Your Falcon got a lot better from the last time I played you...which was like a month ago or something, haha.

Bizzaro Flame: I didn't get to play you for one reason or another :( Maybe next time

AcidBurn: Yay samus! I hope I see you at more tournaments.

Guy I faced who played ganon and told me about AcidBurn: good **** playing ganon. He's just such a badass. gg (sorry i forgot your tag/name lol)

TAI: missiles ****

Festizzio: Sorry about doubles! I don't think I was playing my best then. Surprisingly enough, I was playing much better during the later part of the tournament in some doubles...so if you ever want to team again, I promise I'll play much better! haha poor pika :( I hope you did well in singles at least!

Sherigami: sheik is dumb...but watch me **** you in the future :D

Resident Waffle: doubles/singles were fun. You should have come for the tourney!

Kouryuu: I liked playing your peach; You can do some pretty nasty things :(

Nick: yessssssss I beat your mewtwo lol

Plan9: hahaha friendlies with you are always fun

Freedom: You're pretty cool, hahaha. I still think Yu-Gi-Oh was the best back in that time. lol mamoswine not ground

To anyone I might have missed, sorry! It had a great time playing with everyone, and it was nice meeting new people. Great tournament overall!

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Nasty Nate- Thanks for the ride. When you drive it's almost like I don't need to worry about who to give my belongings to when I die
LOL, I can guarantee if you die in my car it wont be my fault (might be the crazy ******* thats trying to ram us' fault though

SHOUTOUTS:

Top 5 placers: All of your sets were amazing. Im glad these were all recorded, and you guys ****.

BizarroFlame: WTF A GOOD GANON!? I had alot of fun playing you. Next time we see each other lets play muchos friendlies

Kira: Omg your ****en good dude. Keep that **** up (train me plox)

Connor: Always a pleasure. Kouryuu doesnt appreciate you enough. Thats why you should team with me :chuckle: (but after scsa so I have time to step my game up)

Alex19: Thanks for teaming with me. I wasn't playing very well that day, but at least we didnt do toooo bad. Teaming with technical foxes is awesome.

Derek DVS: **** Devious your a crazy dude...... NOW SHUT THE **** UP AND ................ lets hang out

Seng: ROFL @ waves of indian people after you mentioned how all the indians at your old school were stupid. Also..... YOU CANT PEER PRESSURE ME *****. Im way too cool for that

Jason: Sorry we couldn't play more. Next smashfest come play me and Ill try and help you some more (Don't assume if things you do don't work against dave that they aren't good techniques. You gotta account for how good your techskill is when you do it, and how often your mixing your game up. Nothing in smash works 100% of the time, so you gotta switch it up)

Smoke2joints: Your pretty good. Sheik vs falcon is pretty gay for falcon, since sheik can techchase like crazy. Lets play again in the future.

TAI: Your alot better than I thought. Very technical. Fun playing you.

Grev: lol sneaky sneaky. Hope you had fun

Festizzio: Doubles friendlies are legit, especially when 2 people are distracted by something else, and 2 people are still playing, going "wtf are these guys doing?"

MacD: ****it I wanted to play you today. Word on the street is your getting pretty good.

Pat: Your awesome. End of story.

Sherigami: Good job getting third. Apparently it DOES blend!

Noble Nathanial: You ****en suck dude, srsly. Practice more

BrawlNoobs: How the **** are we supposed to know to play you guys when you dont speak up, even after I ran around the venue shouting "Brawl noobs?! Im looking for some brawl noobs!!"

I had to try so hard even against randoms. Good **** yall

Atlus8

Smash Master
First shoutout goes to the host!

Goober - Good s#!+ running this thang and run some more!

Tee ay - We did better than I thought! AH!

Aesis - You were going crazy in doubles finals! Holy s#!+!!!!

Lucky - F**k is wrong with you b!+c#? Bad s#!+ happens to you against Zhu!

Zhu - Sup!?

Connor - Hit this little n!gg@ with a Freezepop next time!

Kira - You had Joey on the ropes! hahahahaha!

Sherigami/MacD - Glad I played doubles with ya guys! (Sherigami is stepping up his game!)

Dante - I rarely play friendlies, but it was cool playing you!

Rej/Haze - We played Brawl! AHHHHH!

Festizzio - Good s#!+ going to Pats instead of Roscoes! Two Chicken Bowls for $5 at Yoshinoya!!!! R@PE!!!!!!!!

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Ahhhhh noo. Totally missed you in the venue =(. I should have looked for a Samus player. Yeah, totally next time we'll play.
Actually I went up to the tvs you were playing at and asked for next, but the first time there were a bunch of people in line - I think - and the second time, when my turn came around, they had to stop the friendlies, lol. yup

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Kouryuu: I sincerely apologize about doubles and I swear I will never play that badly again. =/

Atlus: way to mess up your hair you dumb *****! hahaha I always love hanging out with you.

BizarroFlame: your ganon is ****ing ****! Mute City sucks for Ganon though.

Kira: dude, you are so good now! it's always cool hanging out with you and playing you. I'm gonna **** you next time though.

Connor: Learn to get enough sleep so you don't get carried in doubles, you idiot. Stop getting frustrated too. :(

Alex19: Hey dude, it was cool hanging out with you the night before. I hope you get the rust off that Fox of yours!

Derek: You are always the most hilarious smasher I see at tournaments. I love you, don't ever change.

Seng: Your Fox is getting there! Beating BizzaroFlame is impressive.

Jason: Nice seeing you again. Thanks for the ride home.

Smoke2joints: oh man, I'm really suprirsed by how good you are! you barely started this year? You're already better than a bunch of the Irvine people LOL

TAI: You got a lot better! I know we're gonna playing more smash'ems soon (tomorrow?)

Festizzio: I'm gonna buy ALL of those god **** Blastoise cards. Nice seeing you again!

MacD: good job getting 9th? step it up next time. All other Moneys placed top 5!

Pat: I love hanging out with you Pat. but I'm not gonna be squishy in the future fyi. :)

Sherigami: good job getting third in doubles I guess. don't expect it to happen again though. but yeah, you got better so keep it up! (don't ever lose to DanteFox again)

Noble Nathanial: You are so cool lol

Joey: god I hate playing against you! you're too cool though.

Zhu: happy birthday! I really wanted to play you in tournament :( good job ****** everyone as usual.

Brawl people: haha some of you guys are pretty cool.

Rej: good **** in doubles. hope you liked teaming with my Wore-io

Typh: Your Squirtle is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. If I had a good *** Squirtle like yours, I'd play Brawl. *weird sliding grab -> footstool gimp* LOL

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanks for letting me sit at the melee table at norms for a couple minutes guys

i actually felt cool for a bit :(

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
brawl results:

1) Richbrown (Olimar)
2) Leepuff (Game and Watch)
3) mikeHAZE (Marth)
4) DSF (MK)
5) DEHF (Falco)
5) Tyrant (MK)
7) Typh (PT)
7) WarpStatus (ZSS)

out of 77

full results havent been posted yet

DJMirror

Smash Master
shoutouts part 2!

hugo - come back to melee old man

Romeo - your falcon is a beast

MacD - good **** in teams and getting top ten

Rich "muthafuking" Brown - good **** on getting 1st

DSF - it's cool to see ya again

DEHF - nice new shirt and what up dude

Nasty Nate - Thanks for the match up tips and let play some more next time

Lucky - congrats dude

Tai - **** it's really good to see ya again

Plan 9 - if we ever play teams our team name is "play us in KOF" and yes i'll teach you kof

JDM - where you at? =( sorry if the shoutouts are bad because it's freaking super early in the morning lol

Freedom - thanks for keeping me awake during the whole trip

Denny's - when did you get so good?

Pat - too bad we didn't get to play much =( next time for sure (you get two shoutsout cuz ya cool like that)

Aesis

Smash Ace
Really good tournament, I had a lot of fun not hosting. Thanks Goober, and Rina and Nezumi and all them folk helping at the front.

What else? Everyone get really good -- I think I did pretty well for having not played for four months. But there a lot of tricks I saw today, good stuff.

Good sht Hoangs and Creepy for coming LOL. Brett and Gabe, always fun. I wuv you Brett. You're always placing higher than me! TOO GGOOODD

Zhu, always fun teaming with you -- happy birthday! Forgot to say it in person. Nice comeback against Lucky in the Grand Finals. What a good set!

It was funny -- I said at the beginning of the tournament, I better not be facing Romeo or Fly today or I'll be pissed. I DID, LOL, and LOST to both.

Tafokints, keep it up man just a bad tourney for you today.

Atlus good games, let's team next time! XD **** **** ****

Good seeing everyone aka Alex, Hugo, Mike, Pat, Romeo, Nate, Connor, Festizzio, Larry!!!, Lucky, and all them others.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
RichBrown: I ****ing hate olimar. Good **** winning though, you earned it.

Leepuff: Craaaaazy G&W. Uair shenanigans makes me lol every time.

Typh: Stop using Pokemon Trainer, it makes people depressed when you win. Squirtle is too fast.

JONT: I learned a bunch of stuff watching you play, you had some really tough matches, and your crazy pivots are too good.

WarpStatus: You beat Teba and MikeHAZE, that means I shouldn't EVER beat you from now on, youre supposed to be pro now.

JunkInTheThunk: Thanks for always driving us, I hate DDD so much, but I am learning to camp because of that **** grab.

Tyrant: "I know why you make me laugh, you remind me of my brother.....I hate my brother" lolwtf

If I missed anyone, thats ok.

Top Bottom