• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA REVIVAL II! Brawl + Melee Tournament (5/23/09) Need more TVs, sign up!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
UCLA has a tradition of having atleast ONE person's crack showing. This one was no exception =(

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
65: Lazy
65: Spicy
65: Hen
65: TWI
65: Manik
65: Sir Trips A Lot
65: Voltage
65: Clap
65: Dantarion
65: Gabe
65: Kill you
65: Devil
65: GSN
**** yeah, I'm right there at the bottom, lol.

EDIT: Now that I look at the list, I remember the names of my opponents, Upgrade and M7H. Now I can give a proper shoutout, lol.

M7H: You 2-0'd me, so good ****. I wish I could have done better, especially in that first match, but hey, it's what happens. Great DK, I had fun fighting it.

Upgrade: Those were close and intense matches, man. I really loved your Falco, and how you constantly kept your distance with your lasers efficiently.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I got ****ed up pretty bad in this tournament. I just want to say I apologize to anyone I was a **** to that day (except Festizzio). Please don't come up to me and talk to me right after I lose in tourney. I'll more than likely take my frustration out on you. So once again, I' sorry.
that was my bad man, i actually noticed that there was no timer early in the match, but i figured i'd get to play you longer and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

you always seem like you're having a bad time playing friendlies against me so i didn't think you'd want to if i just came up and asked, also it seems you don't like me for whatever reason, but you're the best peach in socal so i figured it would be cool to learn the match-up through you.

sorry =\ i actually felt really bad about that after i did it

edit: i've done it to mango too, just ask him

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
No matter how you look at it, it was a ***** move. I probably shouldn't have been a **** like I was but that's just how I am. I was just pissed off all day so what you did didn't really make things better.

I know I overreacted, so I'm sorry.

And as far as playing friendlies go, if I'm not playing someone who's good, then I'd rather not play at all. I'd much rather just chill and socialize with others anyway. It's just how I am, don't take it personally or anything.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow Kouryuu. I'm glad you weren't mad at me like I thought you were lol.

Festizzio, I will play friendlies with you as Peach if you want so you can learn the match up.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
And as far as playing friendlies go, if I'm not playing someone who's good, then I'd rather not play at all. I'd much rather just chill and socialize with others anyway.
no.... NO!

not after how long we talked after the tourney!@#

Don't interrupt me.

Edit:
that was my bad man, i actually noticed that there was no timer early in the match, but i figured i'd get to play you longer and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
I thought that was hilarious!!

D

Deleted member

maybe i know my peach dittos
maybe marth
but that's about it ... i still have a lot to learn

i know my place as of now and it's only 2nd best
your versus falcon convinced me in our 3rd match :) you learn super fast

joeplicate

Smash Master
good **** festizzio, that's pretty funny

but idk, doing it to someone who's not drastically better than you's kind of a d!ck move

festizzio

Smash Champion
I honestly didn't think he would react that way, I half did it as a joke cause i thought it would be funny and half did it cause i wanted to play him a little more.

pockyD

Smash Legend
was it just an endless match? i don't see how that would be a big deal

on a largely unrelated (but also bad manner) note, at BIO we turned off the damage gauge on one of the tournament TVs and giggled like schoolgirls while the people were playing

it took like 3 minutes for them to notice too

festizzio

Smash Champion
Well there's that one rule (i'm not even sure where i remember seeing it, or if people still even use it) which states that if there's something wrong with the game you're playing, you can tell your opponent and reset the round you were on (not the entire match). In this case the timer for the 4 stock match (should be 8 minutes) was off completely. I've heard people doing it for other things, like FoD not being on random, etc.

pockyD

Smash Legend
oh so this was a tournament match?

1) you probably should have mentioned it partway through, but i've seen like 2 melee matches ever time out in person, so i don't know if it tends to matter that much
2) you wanted to play him longer than 8 mins in a single game? doesn't sound like fun =\

joeplicate

Smash Master
was it just an endless match? i don't see how that would be a big deal

on a largely unrelated (but also bad manner) note, at BIO we turned off the damage gauge on one of the tournament TVs and giggled like schoolgirls while the people were playing

it took like 3 minutes for them to notice too
damage gauge enthusiasts

emerican

Smash Ace
fun seeing everyone again, and good tourney..

i enjoyed NOT going all falcon all day.. **** is dangerous, caught a couple people by surprise :D

MacD

Banned via Administration
your versus falcon convinced me in our 3rd match :) you learn super fast
after the first match i was like i'm going to get *****... 2nd i feel i won cause of stupid counter pick... idk what i did third match but i was getting off, but falcon is definately not my favorite match up

i'd love to play you at SCSA and maybe mm and maybe have it recorded, i'd like to see hwat i do against falcons

Grila

Smash Journeyman
practice man awesome falcon dittos on yoshi story lol

sheridan you're a stalker man lol

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
practice man awesome falcon dittos on yoshi story lol

sheridan you're a stalker man lol
oh ya man good games!

I saw you play so many friendlies, that after a few hours I turned to you and thought... **** Grila's getting better, he's played at least a hundred matches.

That's passionate! haha

Kira-

Smash Champion
Joey - dude you ****, it was cool teaming with you and not having to try that hard lol. I'm catching up in singles though, im gonna make you go turbo next tourney lol

Zhu - aagh you're too good for now, i'll try to make it more interesting next time, i.e. I won't pick FD and half-*** it

Connor - My favorite little kid, beating Atlus, Fly, and Romeo (however close it was). Good ****! Again, I apologize for cheering for MacD against you in teams, I really did not think they would ever win LOL

Romeo - HAhah it's too funny chillin around you, especially when people don't know what we're talking about. you and larry are still way too good for not playing

Larry - scariest match of the day. I couldn't believe I won at the end

Emerican - sup, we didnt play but i heard your sheik is scary, keep that **** up

Fly Amanita - That's what you get for not playing more! Go to more tournaments! Lol I like your frankness

MacD - marth slayer my ***

Aesis - Good seein you again, you're still too good with sheik

Futile - Same as fly, practice more often with pat/atlus or something. You're smart as ****, just need more experience (and control over your character). You coulda beaten fly in 3 different instances haha. one of the chillest smashers by far

Kouryuu - imo the best peach in socal, hurry up and get consistent already! Then maybe we can start teaming! It's always fun talking to you throughout the day, thanks for the matches and support

Pat - lol another one of the coolest smashers, our falco ditto was hilarious, good to see you again

Atlus - yo lets team sometime! you fckkin **** teams, I still need t play you in tourney

randoms i played friendlies with - i believe you guys consist of glhf, plgro, etc. thanks for the matches, i definitely enjoyed 'em lol
DanteFox - get ***** by sherigami lol
LMNZ - convince seng
Hyprid - glad you came, we'll play next time
Practice Man - **** brawl ahah but let's play 64
Tee ay eye - you **** now
Tafokints - my bad for getting pissed during our MMs, good games

Sherigami - **** you ****ed up joey in teams LOL good **** on 3rd place. keep at it, you're getting there for sure

Devious Derek - always fun when you're at tournaments and i will bring guilty gear this weekend

smoke2jointz - you are mad good, did not expect that at first. seriously keep playing, you'll be beating everyone in no time

Seng - bring yourself and lmnz to irvine to play more

Noble Nathaniel - sup this guy is tight. guess i couldn't "show you how it's done" at JDMs rofl, always good to see you

The Life Ruiner - sup lol
Bizzarro Flame - lets play sometime
Gosu Engineer - props for bringing food all the time
Jkun - garbage *** marth, plus learn what splitting the check means LOL
Pink Reaper - wtf you live in socal?
Freedom - bring that hype
Ajax and DSF - get ***** lol
MikeHaze - good **** on 3rd, feels pretty good doesn't it

Pressure

Smash Rookie
Pressure: Good ****! I'll beat your Peach with Fox one day.
Haha great matches.
IDK how I kept winning.

Great doubles though :D XD

and
Gosu: Good ****! I'll beat your Fox with Peach one day.

every single match you were at like 100+% last stock when I died ><

GGs

Top Bottom