• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
I know they're hard... my god, i get migraines just thinking about doing the chain grabs. I am practicing with them and reading the guides on them as well. I won't bust them out until I know I'm ready. Until then I'm sticking with my main duo: Zelda/PT.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
CG's aren't hard...

No set of repetitious muscle memory is hard...

Now actually maneuvering the IC's around their horrible grab range and approach game... That is impressive...

<3 X-Factor

gallax

Smash Hero
Ucf Smash Club

UCF BRAWL CLUB

As you are all aware it is getting a little crowded inf the UCF area so im starting a smash club. the purpose of this will be such that we will be able to hold smash fests on a regular basis and tournies(hosted by me and a few others hopefully) without having to travel to someones house and being crowded and wondering how to get there.

WHAT I NEED:

if you are a UCF student i need your information (name, phone, and email). i need a certain amount of people who are UCF students to be interested in the club to be able to start it. please tell every that you know to contact me so that i can get their information.

my email: gallax1117@hotmail.com

gallax

Smash Hero
it will be open to anyone, i just need UCF students help at first.

anyways, i want to play smash, anyone wanna come over my place and play for a little bit?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lol, wish i could help. Well if it isn't up by december then I'll be able so sign-on. They tried starting a brawl club last august and it never took off, hopefully this time it will.

Not sure if I'm still considered a student or not, i was "suspended" for 1 semester. So not sure, you could try putting me down and see what they say.

gallax

Smash Hero
7630 bear claw run. right off of chickisaw. and bring wii cables if you can. the rca cables that is.

edit: my number is 772-579-3046

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
wow, youre like 10 mins away from me. I live off Chickasaw on Curry Ford. Sensei and I will be heading over around 6:10.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Yea, I'm currently in Gainsville living with my GF.

Sorry to leave Orlando/WinterPark so abruptly, I didn't think I was gonna move so quickly.
It kinda just happened.

So stay in touch guys and represent Central Florida.

My girl is just helping me get ready for the big move up to Boston.
So I only plan to stay in Gainsville till the end of August/Early September.

Gonna miss smashing with you guys... You guys are to good!
I hope I can find a strong smash scene up in New England, It seems pretty dead.
If anyone has some leads let me know, I might just have to travel to New York!

All in all good times, don't think I'll find another crew as good and chill as you guys!

- [X]FACTOR

TEAM B.A.M ....................................

get wrecked
aww man what a sudden move. gonna miss ya man. i wish you all the best up north. don't forget about us. if you ever happen to come back for a while, you're always welcomed to smash with us. represent central florida up there. keep it up with the IC. good luck man. we'll see you at another time and place.

you lost count. its supposed to be three times. another for the sexy *** picture of you I took.

btw, why were you scared to face Sensei's IC?
yea i was about to mention that too. 3 times i will own you, unless you get rid of that pic!!!! i saw it on facebook you jerk!!!

Um, if you guys want to have a tournament with no door fee, we can have one here some time.

Plus amber often makes cookies.

And seriously, if you guys ban MK, you're never going to leave the scrub zone. Don't do it.

:031:
is it melee though? cause then i'll have to pass.
but then again free cookies... i might be persuaded, lol.

UCF BRAWL CLUB

As you are all aware it is getting a little crowded inf the UCF area so im starting a smash club. the purpose of this will be such that we will be able to hold smash fests on a regular basis and tournies(hosted by me and a few others hopefully) without having to travel to someones house and being crowded and wondering how to get there.

WHAT I NEED:

if you are a UCF student i need your information (name, phone, and email). i need a certain amount of people who are UCF students to be interested in the club to be able to start it. please tell every that you know to contact me so that i can get their information.

seriously?! that would be so cool. if only i was at ucf now. but yea let us know if any of us can help. hopefully it'll work out. i can't wait to get to ucf!!!

nevershootme

Smash Master
UCF BRAWL CLUB

WHAT I NEED:

hmmm.. can i be on the e-board?! lol. this stuff is getting way awesome than my time at FIU

Noa.

Smash Master
A more stable schedule for tournies would be nice. You should hold one every weekend when there isn't another tourney in Central FL. Should be nice and cheap too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
boston?

o well, at least you'll be like RIGHT THERE for pound4. if you miss that i'll punch you in the face :laugh:

gallax

Smash Hero
the only problem about forming a club on campus is writing the constitution and crap for approval. but once it's set, you can freely rent rooms at the student center and let loose
first i need a certain amount of MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!! please. if you go to UCF tell me your full name, eamil, and phone number so i can put you down as a member and get this thing gonig. it has to be turned in by september 2nd.

i am going to write everything up. people, just give me your name!!!!!

nevershootme

Smash Master
first i need a certain amount of MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!! please. if you go to UCF tell me your full name, eamil, and phone number so i can put you down as a member and get this thing gonig. it has to be turned in by september 2nd.

i am going to write everything up. people, just give me your name!!!!!
name: Eddie Zeng
email: nevershootme@gmail.com
phone: 786-280-1680

like i said, just let me know and i'll help u out in running things. oh and may not wanna make it brawl exclusive >_>

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
name: Eddie Zeng
email: nevershootme@gmail.com
phone: 786-280-1680

like i said, just let me know and i'll help u out in running things. oh and may not wanna make it brawl exclusive >_>
he's right. if you can make it melee also, and maybe some other game along with it, it would attract more attention. see what you can do. i wish i could help you, but i'm not at ucf at the moment. man a year and half left... :(

Gindler

Smash Champion
Maybe smash club...pretty simple and means the same thing (since most of us will be playing brawl anyway), but 64 and melee are both fun(ish) too.

Oh and
Name: Michael Gindler
email: mikegindler@gmail.com
phone: 904-677-5125

They shouldn't give you trouble since i'm still enrolled there and what not.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Um... not to kill dreams or anything, but we tried a Smash Club a while back, and were denied...

The reason was that forming a club out of just one series of games was too constricting for a student organization... as opposed to a regular gaming club, etc...

We had a really intense constitution and the officers and members and stuff, too... like, we had everything... they just didn't like the idea... so Yeah, I don't know that a Smash club will work out... just letting you know before you put all that work into it.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Um... not to kill dreams or anything, but we tried a Smash Club a while back, and were denied...

The reason was that forming a club out of just one series of games was too constricting for a student organization... as opposed to a regular gaming club, etc...

We had a really intense constitution and the officers and members and stuff, too... like, we had everything... they just didn't like the idea... so Yeah, I don't know that a Smash club will work out... just letting you know before you put all that work into it.
ok so wouldn't having a game club work then? the only thing is people may have to bring their own systems if they wanna play certain games. maybe it could work out that way.

or isn't there a game club already at ucf? i'd be surprised if there wasn't.

aww, but you look all kirby-ish in that picture. :laugh:
how bout this? you and me have a 2 out 3 match. if you win, you can do whatever the hell you want with that pic.

but if i win, you have to get rid of it. i hate having my pic taken.

how bout it?

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
We seriously need one of these clubs at Valencia. you dont know how many times I go into the cafeteria and see HDTVs with PS3s and 360's on there.

how bout this? you and me have a 2 out 3 match. if you win, you can do whatever the hell you want with that pic.

but if i win, you have to get rid of it. i hate having my pic taken.

how bout it?
How about I choose a representative to play for me. your Kirby vs. Sensei's IC. take it or leave it. but honestly, if the pic bothers you that much, ill take it down.

nevershootme

Smash Master
ok so wouldn't having a game club work then? the only thing is people may have to bring their own systems if they wanna play certain games. maybe it could work out that way.

there is one listed on their student club listings about a PC gaming lan club. the problem about running such a club is that what benefits the school community? i mean look at any typical anime club from any school, all they do is just watch anime and be themselves while possibly scaring off outsiders who are unaware or curious. all in the name of making people aware of such existence in america is anime.

i mean a new year is here and maybe the student council e-board of this year may let it through.

so what's the purpose of a sort of competitive gaming club?
-to promote competitive gaming of various forms (smash, SF, BB, w/e)
-To make players aware of the scene
-to make players be so beastly when competing

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
We seriously need one of these clubs at Valencia. you dont know how many times I go into the cafeteria and see HDTVs with PS3s and 360's on there.

How about I choose a representative to play for me. your Kirby vs. Sensei's IC. take it or leave it. but honestly, if the pic bothers you that much, ill take it down.
where? at east campus? i never seen any game systems. what are you talking about?

and yea just take it down. but i'm still gonna own you 2 more times. ;)

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
you DID go to east last semester, right? there was a time where for almost a week straight they were playing Ultimate Ninja Storm for the PS3 at the cafeteria. then when Street Fighter IV came out the 360s came out of hiding.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
there is one listed on their student club listings about a PC gaming lan club. the problem about running such a club is that what benefits the school community? i mean look at any typical anime club from any school, all they do is just watch anime and be themselves while possibly scaring off outsiders who are unaware or curious. all in the name of making people aware of such existence in america is anime.

i mean a new year is here and maybe the student council e-board of this year may let it through.

so what's the purpose of a sort of competitive gaming club?
-to promote competitive gaming of various forms (smash, SF, BB, w/e)
-To make players aware of the scene
-to make players be so beastly when competing
wow youre right. well those are some reasons... i guess. but, hey who knows? maybe it'll work out.

Why am I suddenly sick of Brawl guys?
because its gay, like i said before, but whatever, thats just my opinion. kiki said you weren't feeling competitive anymore. whats up?

you DID go to east last semester, right? there was a time where for almost a week straight they were playing Ultimate Ninja Storm for the PS3 at the cafeteria. then when Street Fighter IV came out the 360s came out of hiding.
i must've missed it. i never saw it. where was it held at?

Caps05

Smash Cadet
i dont understand how do you call a game gay and still pay for tournies, beg for fests and talk on here?

TEECO

Smash Ace
Brawl is definitely not a gay game, I wouldn't have played it every week since it's release if it was.
Its not that im not feeling competitive anymore, it's just that it's a little worn out for me. I gotta take a liiiitle bit of time off from it so I don't get completely tired of it.

You guys will hear from me in about 2 weeks.

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
i must've missed it. i never saw it. where was it held at?
Cafeteria... what time did you get there? I used to get there around 9:45 AM because I had class at 10:30 and they were there at that time, they were gone by the time I had to go to my third class at 2:30

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Brawl is definitely not a gay game, I wouldn't have played it every week since it's release if it was.
Its not that im not feeling competitive anymore, it's just that it's a little worn out for me. I gotta take a liiiitle bit of time off from it so I don't get completely tired of it.

You guys will hear from me in about 2 weeks.
yea i get it. even brawl got me worn out, even before i realized how gay it was. usually i find something else to do like rpgs or just coming up with new ideas for a video game. i get the feeling. so chill for a while. it helps.

Top Bottom