• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Im going to go
But honestly, i don't have the 1$ bill to throw down. I need to save everything i have for apex.

As far as the tourney keith, i have you, jeff and kyon going. I think jeff said jerz showed interest. Jeff, have HR go and just win dubs and singles.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Im going to go
But honestly, i don't have the 1$ bill to throw down. I need to save everything i have for apex.

As far as the tourney keith, i have you, jeff and kyon going. I think jeff said jerz showed interest. Jeff, have HR go and just win dubs and singles.
Ik that feel bro. I prolly won't enter any tourney if there's one at KUB. Probably...dunno yet.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Im going to go

Lol that scrub isn't winning singles I. am ;)

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Nah that's just too much work just keep randomly posting jay

And also after apex kub is done. Will probably do srk fighters ranbats or fnm or something else on my Friday nights :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
just no one wants to come out and practice, which is fine. I'll uphold until apex though since that will be the most important tourney for alot of these people's lives

I feel like contributing to the SRK community by hosting ranbats on Fridays instead, or do FNM...or again just have free friday nights. I hope for those who came, that they got better in the training road. Of course I'll always be free to play people at my house with my diddy/wario/gw if they still want practice (after Apex)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It's unfortunate to be honest. I saw this as something that could have been successful but what's done is done. If it was possible for me to attend these more, I would have.

Anyway, what's FNM?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
friday night magic

weekly magic the gathering tourneys every friday night at cool stuff games down the street. its always like 30-40+ every friday and its usually a good time, unless I play the annoying card tourneygoers. I swear people who consistently go to tourneys for any game except fighting games seem to be *******s or just straight out weird as a majority (while for fighters is the minority). I dunno what it is

im happy fighting game players are generally more social

also david I've decided to replace hawkeye as anchor with iron fist. he's too much damn fun. It pains me but I have to find some new tech or practice real hard with PW cause I don't want to drop him but im focusing on SRK Games after apex more so I dont want to hinder myself in this game too like i do brawl (in brawl i decide to go in even when i should camp, in ultimate i would be picking a terrible character from my favorite handheld game ever to go to tourneys)

imma try to make it work though. Only when I realize I have no other options would I do that

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Iron Fist got that Diddy F-Tilt
lol...its funny cause its true

wavedash into that thing is a quick "wtf did i just get hit with", as it goes into heavy, which goes into forward or back heavy, which goes into 3 rekkas, which goes into more shenanigans.

I have a question for you. Should I practice one combo per character or get like 2-3 with each character and move on? Like should I learn a combo with iron fist, then move to a combo with strange, then move to a combo with PW, or should i learn 2-3 right off the bat with iron first, then 2-3 with strange, then 2-3 with wright? I dunno if it would make a difference really, except if I were attending a tournament relatively soon

I actually love messing around in training mode and practicing stuff, so I think i'll like marvel overall.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
David hmu with some trish tutorial vids on my fb please I can't find any. @gdx I'm down to play tomorrow if you want. I want to work on my trish.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
David hmu with some trish tutorial vids on my fb please I can't find any. @gdx I'm down to play tomorrow if you want. I want to work on my trish.

sorry bro, not truly free until Friday. Still got finals tomorrow through Thursday

but imma fnid some time today to play some training mode even at the loss of some sleep :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Aw no play with me? :sad:

when did you buy ultimate? cause I definitely took my copy yesterday :laugh:

and also I dont learn fighting games like other people. I literally have to go into training mode and get used to the character/know my moves first. Playing people without knowing anything greatly increases my personal learning time (be it smash, AE, marvel, or even back to guilty gear for PS2). its the reason why I stay in training mode so much compared to other people

but seriously might wanna get a copy of ultimate if you dont already have one. and buy 3rd strike while you're at it too

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

gimmie some for Viper if you want/can D-torr x33

:rosalina:
Sure thing guys. Funny thing is I had both characters on my main team at one point but enough about me.

I haven't seen anything of those two characters in terms of Ultimate so if you don't mind me looking for and linking some Vanilla/Original footage and tutorials that could possibly help.

Exdeath

Smash Master
when did you buy ultimate? cause I definitely took my copy yesterday :laugh:

and also I dont learn fighting games like other people. I literally have to go into training mode and get used to the character/know my moves first. Playing people without knowing anything greatly increases my personal learning time (be it smash, AE, marvel, or even back to guilty gear for PS2). its the reason why I stay in training mode so much compared to other people

but seriously might wanna get a copy of ultimate if you dont already have one. and buy 3rd strike while you're at it too
I thought that this was the same for everyone.

Top Bottom