• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
My first tournament i went to i had d-torr second round not knowing anyone. And Christine the peach was yelling in my ear the whole time. It was soooo annoying. I got use to that shiz now that i've been to more tourneys but god that one time made me rage.

pesticide

Smash Lord
The first match where I remember a (small) crowd watching was back @ my 1st gfest vs Solo. No1 knew who I was and I took game 1 and I remember a few people were like wtf? lol

then I lost the next 2 games :p

:phone:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
My point was it wasn't my lack of skill or diddy knowledge that did me in that set. yeah I lost fair an square, but things would have been much different if there wasn't all the yelling and coaching going on.

best believe at a tournement that was important I'd of stopped all of it before it started. I was just there to chill and hang out with people I hadn't seen in literally 6-7 months.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
My first tournament I played falco and I bodied some oli player after renki and a couple others doubted me. The I played mk 18 bodied him game one (2stock) game 2 he 1 stocked me low percent game 3 was last hit last stock and he won. Then I had to play LS and I can't remember the set but I just remembering me sding because I went through the stage as falco after illusion at brinstar and died my last stock by bs and that's how I retired falco :bee:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
My first tournament i played Red Halberd.
I think it was hal.

It was Come and Get Spiked in Gville. February of... 2010.

And then i got wrecked by a Wario. I think Viper told me his name was Sex.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
tom sush, lol. Like you've never played my sheik before.

my first tourney was a melee tourney. won 2 lost 2, for got who beat me... I know "The Law"'s falco would ALWAYS beat me. Derf's falcon inspired the way I played my pichu. and my samus was a monster in the north east.

now I think zelda is my best character, lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
My first tournament i went to i had d-torr second round not knowing anyone. And Christine the peach was yelling in my ear the whole time. It was soooo annoying. I got use to that shiz now that i've been to more tourneys but god that one time made me rage.
My point was it wasn't my lack of skill or diddy knowledge that did me in that set. yeah I lost fair an square, but things would have been much different if there wasn't all the yelling and coaching going on.
best believe at a tournement that was important I'd of stopped all of it before it started. I was just there to chill and hang out with people I hadn't seen in literally 6-7 months.
<3 for someone who barely plays man your legit. I was super surprised at your set vs xaltis. You should had that =/ it was good seeing one of the first ppl i met in ucf one last time :)
My first tournament I played falco and I bodied some oli player after renki and a couple others doubted me. The I played mk 18 bodied him game one (2stock) game 2 he 1 stocked me low percent game 3 was last hit last stock and he won. Then I had to play LS and I can't remember the set but I just remembering me sding because I went through the stage as falco after illusion at brinstar and died my last stock by bs and that's how I retired falco :bee:

Lolol then we're the same. An olimar was the only one i beat at my first *legit* tourney. I remember who i now know as hiroi giving him snake advice :laugh: (otronicon wasn't too legit now that i reflect on it. Best ppl there were like...radix, gallax, sheermadness, and sensei iirc. So that's why i don't count it as my first tourney :p)
My first tournament i played Red Halberd.
I think it was hal.

It was Come and Get Spiked in Gville. February of... 2010.

And then i got wrecked by a Wario. I think Viper told me his name was Sex.
Sure it wasn't sax :troll:

Sounds legit though...oh ya i heard you and viper talking about how ryo's bday was a sort of reunion/test.
tom sush, lol. Like you've never played my sheik before.

my first tourney was a melee tourney. won 2 lost 2, for got who beat me... I know "The Law"'s falco would ALWAYS beat me. Derf's falcon inspired the way I played my pichu. and my samus was a monster in the north east.

now I think zelda is my best character, lol.
Zelda is so fun to use in melee :p

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
My first tourney (for Brawl) was the 150+ man gigs tourney. I was one match away from making it out of pools. I lost to a Snake player. 3 years later......I'm still losing to Snake players lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
My first tourney (for Brawl) was the 150+ man gigs tourney. I was one match away from making it out of pools. I lost to a Snake player. 3 years later......I'm still losing to Snake players lol.
I told you it would happen bro. It's all yo fault~

Now the question is...if/when we meet up again...what will you ban? Halberd or yoshi's island :troll:

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think they just want to run it back without a huge loud crowd throwing them off. For so people the crowd throws them off reguard less of who's cheering for who.
It happens. Yea they lost no johns but they were not playing at 100%. But also sax and lt3 if your are worried about this predicament in the future. Please purchase ear plugs. A lot of top players in streetfighter,mvc2, etc have it to block sound from crowd hype a people that are just being straight annoying. Now you guys know so this shouldn't happen again. Its kinda like how me and solo and a couple others play mvc2 with a glove. Its not cheating in tournaments if your not modding your equipment.

This is why I usually wear a set of head phones. I always play horribly if I don't.

I've never been cheered for...
I've cheered for you several times. :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't feel like going out there

Jeff and solo come over ill house you for tomorrow . Also tony Jr and mink come over if the rose bros come

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
They're having a tourney at gallax house right now

You can probably go by and do friendlies

Doomshader1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys just wondering when the next tournaments are coming around to Melbourne and how to enter them? I remember entering one tournament in 2008 or so back at Melbourne University as Doomshader.

Im an avid Brawl player and am looking for some competitive tournament playing. if anyone can guide me into the right direction for where to go will be much appreciated!

Best regards Doomshader

gallax

Smash Hero
Theres never anything really in Melbourne. You could try getting a smash scene started there though. Use FIT and the local colleges as well as any gaming conventions that might be around to meet new people.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hey guys just wondering when the next tournaments are coming around to Melbourne and how to enter them? I remember entering one tournament in 2008 or so back at Melbourne University as Doomshader.

Im an avid Brawl player and am looking for some competitive tournament playing. if anyone can guide me into the right direction for where to go will be much appreciated!

Best regards Doomshader
Look up DR3W and ZMHT.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
1-800-call-outs. so funny how serious people take this game. Im waiting for the next episode of dbz.

Top Bottom