• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You can't compare Infiniti Ward COD games (the MW series and COD2) and the Treyarch CODgames (the rest). There are a lot of people who play Black Ops that don't play MW2, and vice-versa. Main reason MW2 online still exists. While COD comes out every year, the next installment for each particular game comes out every 2 years.

Gindler

Smash Champion
most people who buy CoD are scrubs. They'll praise any FPS cause they get to shoot people. They have no standards of quality. "I get a gun? hurr hurr this game is awesome cause i shot somebody"
I'm going to buy it to wreck scrubs with my brother :awesome:
It's east at level 50...of course when i'm level 1, uhhhhh :glare:

PS: this held some merit before the "I get a gun" part

And yeah BF3 looks like it'll be fun, I'll stop playing when my choppers get wrecked by jets though. Just like in BF2, choppers are just too fun and good for helping out teammates :)

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Dice, those games still have a single player mode, therefor they were made for the full experience. Yea the developers had multiplayer in mind but thats not the only thing they were worried about. Im just saying that companies dont produce game with one thing inmind, and gamers dont focus on one thing in games. Also I never said anything about multiplayer specificaly dice. And D-torr is absolutely right

BF3 looks amazing when they played the demo i was pissed when it ended im like "what happens" >.<.

And I got passionate because i basicaly got called a scrub for liking a game, while i never called anyone a scrub for not lol

Exdeath

Smash Master
As someone who has played CoD competitively on PC, I would like to add that the games tend to be bad in their natural state. The difference is that competitive FPS communities tend to be more interested in competitive balance (a.k.a. custom forced rule sets, modified damage, etc.) and less interested in *****ing about whether or not it's what the developer intended (BBR). It's one of the main things that I miss from my transition into the Smash community.

I'm only interested in a game if I'm hardcore-interested in it competitively (e.g. Smash), it has a good/interesting story (e.g. Odin Sphere), and/or if I just genuinely enjoy the game play and/or find it addicting (e.g. Disgaea).

_Dice

Smash Ace
Damn i just made some beast food. black beans, chilis, onion, garic, tofu, rice, spices, delicious.

Also remind me to cook for you guys someday. the closest i've come is make eggs for ryan/tony.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
when i said scrubs, i didnt mean you in particular justin. i meant all the other people who generally just dont care for quality at all and will buy it just cause they get to shoot people. You'd say it sucked if it sucked, even if you got to cap *****s

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm not excited for the new smash until the GCN controller is confirmed to be usable on the WiiU.
i dont think it'll be that big of a deal

worse case scenario, you have to change to the classic controller cause wiimote is still compatible. If i trust my classic controller pro to get me through battles with giant dinosaurs and dragons, i think it can get me through some smash

Caps05

Smash Cadet
The thing is that we would have to buy a new and more expensive system to play the new smash either way. I wont say im not excited about it because i just dont know much about it really. Just like everything at E3 nothing is final and things change.

Toneh

Smash Lord
I guess if we really had to switch, the CC pro looks ok.

Which people are going to ceo on friday, and then on saturday? Haven't figured out the ride thing yet.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I guess i'll have to get a CCPro...

and i agree with caps.
I'm not big on the buying a new system..
i got my wii this past xmas just for smash....

and is smash on the wii u?
I thought it was only on the 3ds?

I never watched any of e3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
smash is on both 3ds and wiiu

i bought my wii at launch, and the 360 like 1-2 years after launch, so new consoles releasing around now dont bother me. Im a person who wants to own all of the consoles so I can just play any good game when it comes out, no matter what system it is.

this year i gotta buy me my own ps3 or a 3ds...the ps3 in the house isnt in my room, which makes it inconvenient to play games on it

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Sorry to burst your guys' bubbles but

http://www.1up.com/news/wii-u-not-backwards-compatible-gamecube-games

I'm fine with CCPro. The only thing that worries me if there's a way to wire controllers to the system, rather than everything being wireless. The problem with that is with large tournaments(especially nationals) there's going to be tons of wireless signals everywhere. It's going to be a huge pain >.>

:rosalina:

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Yea the wireless would **** a lot of matches up to be sure. It just kind of sucks that they have focused on the controller the whole time and havent really talked much about the system

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah its a whole new system. What you saw was just the controller.

And im bored at work for the next 6 hours. Im gonna make a new CFL PR thread. Starting after CEO, im gonan keep a record of all CFL tourneys and those who call themselves a CFL'er. Im basing it off of the current PR first, then pr wins, then from there judgement.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Yeah.
It'd catch my i nterest and i'd try to attend more.

Still having money johns. Anyone know of places hiring?
there is a pet store around waterford that is hiring, but it'd pretty much be you playing with puppies and cleaning up after them all day.

Top Bottom