• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah man. I spent all day today playing smash. Unless i can finish my hw tonight and read these papers then i cant do anything tomorrow. But who knows, i could finish it. I will text you if im free

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
...ugh

modern warfare 3 looks literally exactly the same. in the interview, all they could answer was keeping the game 60 FPS..no major updates. Its basically an expansion pack that they are charging full price for. same engine, models, technology, just different levels and maybe some changed perks. Theyre even bringing some old guns back. AND the levels you play in Spec Ops mode are the EXACT SAME levels you play in multiplayer. Complete lazyness. its like they're madden now...no one should aspire to be like madden

if were lucky, maybe activision will kill the army FPS market with oversaturation, like they did for the music game industry

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Well there's still Nintendo's Roundtable(where brawl's trailer was shown). If nothing more is given at that, then probably we'll have to wait till Tokyo Game Show in Nov.

:rosalina:

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah hopefully it gets released sometime after 2012. That way i can just wait for the world to end and not have to worry about learning a new smash bros game.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
...ugh

modern warfare 3 looks literally exactly the same. in the interview, all they could answer was keeping the game 60 FPS..no major updates. Its basically an expansion pack that they are charging full price for. same engine, models, technology, just different levels and maybe some changed perks. Theyre even bringing some old guns back. AND the levels you play in Spec Ops mode are the EXACT SAME levels you play in multiplayer. Complete lazyness. its like they're madden now...no one should aspire to be like madden

if were lucky, maybe activision will kill the army FPS market with oversaturation, like they did for the music game industry
Or not,,,,,, did you watch E3. Kinda sad at how people are just complaining about the announcements. Where is your revolutionary game? Oh ok. And the people *****in about kinect they spent a lot of money on the technology so they will be trying to develop it more its logical and obvious. They developed all these games due to the input of the consumer and if its not to your liking then obviously you didnt speak up. Just saying. Its kinda dumb hearing all these people complain yet they still play the games and still use the services. The same ones *****in are the same ones not helping at all. Rant complete.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Or not,,,,,, did you watch E3. Kinda sad at how people are just complaining about the announcements. Where is your revolutionary game? Oh ok. And the people *****in about kinect they spent a lot of money on the technology so they will be trying to develop it more its logical and obvious. They developed all these games due to the input of the consumer and if its not to your liking then obviously you didnt speak up. Just saying. Its kinda dumb hearing all these people complain yet they still play the games and still use the services. The same ones *****in are the same ones not helping at all. Rant complete.
huh? i talked nothing bad about the kinect. I aint even mad if they are trying to make more stuff for it. it makes logical sense, with the investment they put into the product.

honestly, i dont have to have a revolutionary game to make me happy (hell, i was giddy as a school girl just hearing a new smash and paper mario are gonna come out).

Unfortunately, how videogames work, you cast your vote for a game with your money, by buying the game. Even if i dislike the idea of releasing a new call of duty literally every year like a sports game with slight to no useful additions at all, I casted my vote by not buying them. I havn't bought madden since 2008 because of this same issue, and I wouldnt even play black ops if it was given to me for free. I was outvoted by the mass population, because it still sold a ****load of games. Me speaking up by not giving them money in this scenario didnt matter, because theres millions of people who DID vote for them to continue this trend by buying it.

I still stand by my words that MW3 looks the exact same as MW2/Black ops, and from what Ive heard, there havnt been enough new additions to warrant an entirely new purchase. Maybe at expansion pack pricing, or at DLC pricing possibly. Example, there are now 3 street fighter 4 (vanilla, super, and AE). Capcom knows that they added as much into each game as a regular seasonal CoD, if not maybe even more (ESPECIALLY with the jump from vanilla to super), but what do they do? They dont charge the full game price for super or AE, and AE is downloadable.

Shame on Actiblizzard for charging full price for this glorified expansion pack aka MW3, and shame on the millions of scrubs buying it up and not wanting new things

Caps05

Smash Cadet
huh? i talked nothing bad about the kinect. I aint even mad if they are trying to make more stuff for it. it makes logical sense, with the investment they put into the product.

honestly, i dont have to have a revolutionary game to make me happy (hell, i was giddy as a school girl just hearing a new smash and paper mario are gonna come out).

Unfortunately, how videogames work, you cast your vote for a game with your money, by buying the game. Even if i dislike the idea of releasing a new call of duty literally every year like a sports game with slight to no useful additions at all, I casted my vote by not buying them. I havn't bought madden since 2008 because of this same issue, and I wouldnt even play black ops if it was given to me for free. I was outvoted by the mass population, because it still sold a ****load of games. Me speaking up by not giving them money in this scenario didnt matter, because theres millions of people who DID vote for them to continue this trend by buying it.

I still stand by my words that MW3 looks the exact same as MW2/Black ops, and from what Ive heard, there havnt been enough new additions to warrant an entirely new purchase. Maybe at expansion pack pricing, or at DLC pricing possibly. Example, there are now 3 street fighter 4 (vanilla, super, and AE). Capcom knows that they added as much into each game as a regular seasonal CoD, if not maybe even more (ESPECIALLY with the jump from vanilla to super), but what do they do? They dont charge the full game price for super or AE, and AE is downloadable.

Shame on Actiblizzard for charging full price for this glorified expansion pack aka MW3, and shame on the millions of scrubs buying it up and not wanting new things
Im really happy for you and imma let you finish but,....... You payed full price for smash, you paid full price pokemon ( even sahking your head at me for how i obtained my version) and those are all repackaging of the first game. MW# is the same as those games and all other sequels repackaging their predecessors. It just sounds pretty hypocritical to say you refuse to acknowledge a game and pay full-price when you have been doing it for years. They havent even revealed much abouth MW3 all thats happened so far at e3 is the pre-show its to get your **** wet. Frostbite 2 is something new, and its in MW3, they used to use IW thats a diff engine. So there you go new technology. If it was an expansion it would be an expansion. A whole new way to render and enviroment to render maps that are bigger and illustrious is something more than just an expansion, new characters, weapons, maps using the same old engine thats an expansion.

What im getting here is that either you really are confused about this or you dont know what you are talking about. You are complaining about MW# being the same game but, you " dont need a revolutionary game to be happy" and im pretty sure the "new" smash bros and paper mario will be full priced. So im kinda confused because you are defending and belittling your same argument. lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im really happy for you and imma let you finish but,....... You payed full price for smash, you paid full price pokemon ( even sahking your head at me for how i obtained my version) and those are all repackaging of the first game. MW# is the same as those games and all other sequels repackaging their predecessors. It just sounds pretty hypocritical to say you refuse to acknowledge a game and pay full-price when you have been doing it for years. They havent even revealed much abouth MW3 all thats happened so far at e3 is the pre-show its to get your **** wet. Frostbite 2 is something new, and its in MW3, they used to use IW thats a diff engine. So there you go new technology. If it was an expansion it would be an expansion. A whole new way to render and enviroment to render maps that are bigger and illustrious is something more than just an expansion, new characters, weapons, maps using the same old engine thats an expansion.

What im getting here is that either you really are confused about this or you dont know what you are talking about. You are complaining about MW# being the same game but, you " dont need a revolutionary game to be happy" and im pretty sure the "new" smash bros and paper mario will be full priced. So im kinda confused because you are defending and belittling your same argument. lol
you are correct in stating that new smash and new pokemon are similar in the scenario, but the big difference is the amount of time inbetween games. If CoD released a new game every...3-4 years, then honestly it wouldnt be that big of a deal. But when they do it every single november its like...really bro?

Going through games I currently own that are sequels, the amount of time between gen 4 pokemon (diamond/pearl) and gen 5 (black/white) was
about 4 years. The time between melee and brawl was..what, 7 years? maybe even more. Time between final fantasy XII and XIII was 4-5 years as well. even MvC3 was like 9-10 years and honestly THAT much new stuff wasnt added aside from revamped roster. Halo Reach? 3 year gap after Halo 3 (and I didnt even buy halo 3, just proving a point of the time gap) I guess the point im trying to make is the ratio of time between releases/amount of new content, with that scaled to the price of the product, is way out of proportion to be deemed reasonable for my tastes. If you just update graphics and add a few new things to the game, it better be YEARS before a release to make it a feasible full price purchase. But you cant sit there and say that its needed every year like a sports game. Honestly, more games that follow that current formula should just take a break for a year (like sports game as well)

The worst part is that its killing it from a competitive gameplay standpoint. I dont plan to play in tourneys for CoD at any time, but if i did, i'd be quite salty if they just released a new one every year instead of tweaking the current one better for competitive play. I feel bad for all those "pro" CoD players knowing that their game they try so hard at will be pointless in 12 months. I'm honestly sad a halo 4 was announced just because reach is such a good game and deserves to be played as the main competitive game for longer. I hope 4 doesnt come out for another 2-3 years

Caps05

Smash Cadet
you are correct in stating that new smash and new pokemon are similar in the scenario, but the big difference is the amount of time inbetween games. If CoD released a new game every...3-4 years, then honestly it wouldnt be that big of a deal. But when they do it every single november its like...really bro?

Going through games I currently own that are sequels, the amount of time between gen 4 pokemon (diamond/pearl) and gen 5 (black/white) was
about 4 years. The time between melee and brawl was..what, 7 years? maybe even more. Time between final fantasy XII and XIII was 4-5 years as well. even MvC3 was like 9-10 years and honestly THAT much new stuff wasnt added aside from revamped roster. Halo Reach? 3 year gap after Halo 3 (and I didnt even buy halo 3, just proving a point of the time gap) I guess the point im trying to make is the ratio of time between releases/amount of new content, with that scaled to the price of the product, is way out of proportion to be deemed reasonable for my tastes. If you just update graphics and add a few new things to the game, it better be YEARS before a release to make it a feasible full price purchase. But you cant sit there and say that its needed every year like a sports game. Honestly, more games that follow that current formula should just take a break for a year (like sports game as well)

The worst part is that its killing it from a competitive gameplay standpoint. I dont plan to play in tourneys for CoD at any time, but if i did, i'd be quite salty if they just released a new one every year instead of tweaking the current one better for competitive play. I feel bad for all those "pro" CoD players knowing that their game they try so hard at will be pointless in 12 months. I'm honestly sad a halo 4 was announced just because reach is such a good game and deserves to be played as the main competitive game for longer. I hope 4 doesnt come out for another 2-3 years
Woah, first off i doubt the developers care more about pro gamers learning curves and times against a new product and sales. Your arguement about the ratio of time to minor content addition doesn't make any sense. Why would you wait a long time for the same game opposed to a short time with new features. Updated graphics shouldn't take 10 years, but as we see in pokemon for example, or even 2d fighters 4 years for non updated graphics, come on. I'm pretty sure most gamers who play games to enjoy them dont wanna wait 4-10 years for the same content with a new name. Why not just wait one year for something thats like that and get the disappointment over with quicker than building 4 years of anticipation for new new lackluster pokemon.

To be honest pro-gamers who are at the top learn the new games pretty quick, esp if its only minor tweaks. Or they don't even bother with it. The fact that CoD has made so much money shows that majority of people don't see it that way.

You said you didn't need a revolutionary game to make you happy. But you are criticizing people who buy MW and say that they are "scrubs" for not wanting something new?

Also you do understand that in sports games they come out every year because every year is a new season. Do you really want. Do you really want to play for 4 years with randy moss playing for the raiders while in reality he is playing for the patriots?

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
A lot of people play games for story. Which is why people would get mw3 cuz lets face it, it is true that game play hasn't changed but people who follow the series would want to know more story. Non competitive scene > competitive scene and all peopel want is mo mo mo mo money. I'm actually excited about halo 4 but not because of the multiplayer features, I could care less for that, I enjoy reach multiplayer. Halo 4's campaign is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in that game as of now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
most people who buy CoD are scrubs. They'll praise any FPS cause they get to shoot people. They have no standards of quality. "I get a gun? hurr hurr this game is awesome cause i shot somebody"

If a company waits a long time and doesnt release new content or change too much, they no longer have an excuse as of why it happened. You cant imagine how angry I was when i heard from madden developers in interviews talking about how they dont release or change much every year due to the time constraints almost as if they want you to understand why there are no changes and to feel bad for them..if there are time constraints, then obviously just wait longer to release the game

sports games do roster updates literally, all the time. Every few weeks (a big name star signs to a different team and 1-2 weeks later roster update and hes on the new team). They could just as easily do roster updates for a year or two while building an actual substantial game, to account for all of the people changing teams and injuries and whatnot. Roster updates during the season? All of them are free btw. Hell, they could even charge like $5-10 for the annual roster updates for sports games INSTEAD of releasing a new one while they make an actual game, and STILL make money.

If i had it my way we'd all still be playing MW1 with updates/patches/new maps because THAT game jump from CoD 3 to MW1 was substantial enough to warrant the purchase. MW1 -> MW2 honestly wasnt worth 60 bucks to me, and same with MW2 -> Black Ops. As far as sales go, console players dont actually have a choice. When the new one comes out, if they want to play with other people, they'll have to buy the new one, since they no longer have dedicated servers and everyone migrates. Honestly, I loved playing MW1 online, when MW2 came out I wanted to play MW but i had to buy MW2 cause honestly MW1 would either be ghost servers or discontinued servers, so it had to be purchased. I regret that decision, and it looks like they are walking along the same path.

you can play MW3 all you want, and if you enjoy it thats fine, but im definitely voting by not buying it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
A lot of people play games for story. Which is why people would get mw3 cuz lets face it, it is true that game play hasn't changed but people who follow the series would want to know more story. Non competitive scene > competitive scene and all peopel want is mo mo mo mo money. I'm actually excited about halo 4 but not because of the multiplayer features, I could care less for that, I enjoy reach multiplayer. Halo 4's campaign is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in that game as of now.
ok, here is a good point. The single player is different. The single player is an entirely different story, in which case a new game purchase would be warranted. so people who buy it for the story I have no gripe with

but 95% of people buy it for multiplayer so they got no excuse :laugh:

_Dice

Smash Ace
Just so you know caps, the reason that Brink exists as a game and an FPS is because they wanted to make a competitive game, an e-sport, same with starcraft 2. :)

Caps05

Smash Cadet
So youd rather play MW1 AND call people scrubs for not wanting something new? Thats pretty contradictory imo. And what Garb said its about story line. But i mean like i said Frostbite is new and the Origin is new. Its about developers pushing the limits not being stagnate. And if the developers where ashamed of having to update a year for new rosters why would they want to spend time every week. The point in life is to move forward, no one, esp in the gaming industry you want to out do yourself. So waiting 4 years for the same thing is counter evolutionary. I guess because I took digital media classes and learned about the industry it gives me a great insight then just being a gamer. I guess to really understand you would have to know what you are talking about or have worked for a developer or be breathing. Where did you get the number 95%? games come out for people to buy and play having a great storyline is more than half the game. Obviously if we do the math (me being Asian) 3 people have entered this argument and story is what 2 people care about so there goes your 95%. I am talking about the game as a whole and with origin multiplayer is gonna change as well. With a new engine a lot will change. All im saying is the points you are making are contradicting and counter intuitive. They dont make any sense.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Just so you know caps, the reason that Brink exists as a game and an FPS is because they wanted to make a competitive game, an e-sport, same with starcraft 2. :)
What point are you making? just curious. I didnt once mention multiplayer stand alone im defending the game as a whole, and really the industry.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I guess because I took digital media classes and learned about the industry it gives me a great insight then just being a gamer. I guess to really understand you would have to know what you are talking about or have worked for a developer or be breathing.
...lol. I dont think we are on the same page here, so im just gonna leave this argument right here in the corner.

point being. MW2 was bad. Black ops was bad. MW3? probably gonna be bad too. but, millions upon millions of people will buy it, so it wont even matter.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
What page do you want to be on? You said bad game, we are talking about you saying a game was bad and making bad points.

I guess you see the direction your argument is going,

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
What page do you want to be on? You said bad game, we are talking about you saying a game was bad and making bad points.

I guess you see the direction your argument is going,
its clear here that we cant even have a debate about this, because neither side obviously is even grasping the argument of the other side. IE, we're both scrubs right now in understanding what the other person is actually saying

being a debate, its not like there was going to be a clear victor since its a battle of opinion (similar to a fanboy fight), but if we are not understanding the situation than we cant even get into the good parts of arguments

so with that, im leaving it alone, and summarizing it into very simple words you and the general public can do with what you will:

Keith Kelly aka GDX believes that MW3 will not be a great game. He also believes its a game that didn't have to come out only 12 months after the last CoD game, and he believes it will not be great because of that very same reason.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Allright i will agree to disagree because it just dawned on me that you were referring to only a part of the game not the full experience so i concede to that point. But i would like to add Origin.com

Caps05

Smash Cadet
So the WiiU is an actual console, they have been just focusing on the controller that i lost sight of the console lol

_Dice

Smash Ace
Oh caps i was just pointing out examples that companies DO make games to be competitive contrary so something you had said in this discussion, thats all :)

Top Bottom