• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Decent level isn't what I need sorry. But no I have a job I have to tend to during the week.
the only real practice CFL needs is the pika and meta practice against SFL
but sax is a great MK hes been helping me out. the day b4 i go to a tourney he helps me out alitte thats how im able to go toe to toe with seibrik somtimes. But the guys is too good.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey 2link. Can i have your lylat texture? The one in 2-d's vid i just saw. Unless it was 2-d's texture. It looked beast.

Or maybe i've just been using textures for so long i forgot what a normal stage looked like

though i think thats a texture.

Exdeath

Smash Master
CFL has been getting a lot better with everyone practicing so much. This PR season has pretty much been CFL strikes back. I expect to see a much more balanced PR this time.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
but sax is a great MK hes been helping me out. the day b4 i go to a tourney he helps me out alitte thats how im able to go toe to toe with seibrik somtimes. But the guys is too good.
This is why I don't feel like I'm part of CFL.

I need more practice than just Pikachu and MK. In fact, Pikachu and MK are two of my most preferred matchups.

I'm probably the most inexperienced player in FL, in terms of overall matchups. I just learn things on the fly basically.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Last I checked we are losing to more than just 2 characters.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Last I checked we are losing to more than just 2 characters.
Orlando/Apopka & Co.:

Exdeath: Snake (Afro), Meta Knight (Red Halberd), and Diddy Kong (GDX)

D-Torr: Wario (Masky), Diddy Kong (GDX), and Fox (Trump)

GDX: Snake (MVD) and King Dedede (CO18)

Kuro: Marth (Mampam), Falco (G-Dub), and Falco (Viper), and Marth (Viper)

Solo: Ike (Ryo), Diddy Kong (GDX), Fox (Trump), and Marth (Ryder)

Jazz: Falco (Xaltis), Pikachu (iPresea), Zero Suit Samus (D-Torr), and Peach (2Link)

Sensei: Peach (2Link), Meta Knight, (Red Halberd), and Yoshi (Poltergust)

2Pro: Falco[/(Marth?] (Viper) and King Dedede (CO18)

Jeff: R.O.B. (Jay), Meta Knight (Seibrik), and Lucas (Galeon)

To List by Numbers, Orlando/Apopka & Co. Lost to (In Order of Most to Least):

Falco: x 4 (One Player Losing to 2 Falcos)

Meta Knight: x 3
Diddy Kong: x 3
Marth: x 3 (One Player Losing to 2 Marths)

Snake: x 2
King Dedede: x 2
Fox: x 2
Peach: x 2

Wario: x 1
Zero Suit Samus: x 1
Toon Link: x 1
Ike: x 1
Yoshi: x 1
R.O.B.: x 1
Lucas: x 1
Pikachu: x 1

I Suggest to Practice With (By Character Losses):

Exdeath: Gallax and Radix/GDX

D-Torr: Gallax, Jazz, Solo, and Radix/GDX

GDX: Gallax

Kuro: Gallax and Radix/GDX

Solo: Gallax, Jazz, and Radix/GDX

Jazz: Gallax and D-Torr

Sensei: Gallax and Gindler

2Pro: Gallax

Jeff: Gallax

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Orlando/Apopka & Co.:

Exdeath: Snake (Afro), Meta Knight (Red Halberd), and Diddy Kong (GDX)

D-Torr: Wario (Masky), Diddy Kong (GDX), and Fox (Trump)

GDX: Snake (MVD) and King Dedede (CO18)

Kuro: Diddy (Mampam), Toon Link (G-Dub), and Falco (Viper), and Marth (Viper)

Solo: Ike (Ryo), Diddy Kong (GDX), Fox (Trump), and Marth (Ryder)

Jazz: Falco (Xaltis), Pikachu (iPresea), Zero Suit Samus (D-Torr), and Peach (2Link)

Sensei: Peach (2Link), Meta Knight, (Red Halberd), and Yoshi (Poltergust)

2Pro: Falco[/(Marth?] (Viper) and King Dedede (CO18)

Jeff: R.O.B. (Jay), Meta Knight (Seibrik), and Lucas (Galeon)

To List by Numbers, Orlando/Apopka & Co. Lost to (In Order of Most to Least):

Diddy Kong: x 4

Meta Knight: x 3
Falco: x 3

Snake: x 2
Marth: x 2
King Dedede: x 2
Fox: x 2
Peach: x 2

Wario: x 1
Zero Suit Samus: x 1
Toon Link: x 1
Ike: x 1
Yoshi: x 1
R.O.B.: x 1
Lucas: x 1
Pikachu: x 1

I Suggest to Practice With (By Character Losses):

Exdeath: Gallax and Radix/GDX

D-Torr: Gallax, Jazz, Solo, and Radix/GDX

GDX: Gallax

Kuro: Gallax and Radix/GDX

Solo: Gallax, Jazz, and Radix/GDX

Jazz: Gallax and D-Torr

Sensei: Gallax and Gindler

2Pro: Gallax

Jeff: Gallax
Exdeath...i definitely did not lose to gdub tink i 2 stocked it. He beat me with snake vs falco which i still got trouble with. And mampam did not go diddy. I lost to marth. one im workin on still as well :p. Though i did want to fight his diddy instead. yup i get at least one game with each gallax radix and gdx each tourney. and i lose to trump still even though i can go against jazz and virg toe to toe. and i always have to fight kyon :awesome:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Exdeath...i definitely did not lose to gdub tink i 2 stocked it. He beat me with snake vs falco which i still got trouble with. And mampam did not go diddy. I lost to marth. one im workin on still as well :p. Though i did want to fight his diddy instead. yup i get at least one game with each gallax radix and gdx each tourney. and i lose to trump still even though i can go against jazz and virg toe to toe. and i always have to fight kyon :awesome:
No johns. You didn't face Kyon at HSL and Trump is better than Jazz/Virg. You need to practice more.

I did edit the characters, though.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I have plenty of Fox practice from Mars, who beats me just as bad as Trump does if not worse but that could be due to him knowing me more. I'm just bad at that matchup with ZSS (I think the matchup is bad, along with HRNut).

As far as training with the other people you said, that's not gonna happen. Gallax said that he would come to my place to train with me if I pay for his gas roundtrip, which is basically the same if I were to go to UCF area and pay gas for whoever takes me there.

I'm not paying $10 for one person to train with me. I'll pay gas money to play with a pool of players to get matchup experience and player experience.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
No johns. You didn't face Kyon at HSL and Trump is better than Jazz/Virg. You need to practice more.

I did edit the characters, though.
Not johning i was correcting you o.o. That was the point of my statement that i DO need more practice. Once im in the ucf area this fall i plan on it since itll be less driving. Ik trump is better which is what i was implying o3o. And i always lose to kyon in tourney+hes just a fun guy to smash so i stick to my statement on him <3

Exdeath

Smash Master
That's why we all Need to go to wato!! Is sfl going to wato?
Not a chance in Hell. There's a tournament in Miami. Considering that WATO is on a date that has been reserved for SFL and been moved multiple times in order to compromise with CFL, SFL would not come to a tournament that disrespects them so much. Especially since it was supposed to have all of FL in attendance and WATO is stealing CFL+NFL attendance.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
btw 2link. Do you use the alternating stage texture hack? I do and i can't get ANY smashville to show up. If you know anything about this problem hit me up. I know the texture is stgvillage_xx.pac
does the _00 have anything to do with it? D-torr, kyon, if you guys know gimme a heads up.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
2pro is this snake thats in our crew that was at the crew battle at holy he beat galeon and a couple others in a 5$MM youve seen him before

lol then come play with us kyon i can use like every1 at a decent level ask dtor

o and LOL:awesome: not my snakes best i can do way better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxnIEu6ZR20
LOL that was so bad...nick WHY U SUCH A BAD TEAMMATE XD jus playin bro...but seriously? doublefsmash....xD shold of nado :p

Not a chance in Hell. There's a tournament in Miami. Considering that WATO is on a date that has been reserved for SFL and been moved multiple times in order to compromise with CFL, SFL would not come to a tournament that disrespects them so much. Especially since it was supposed to have all of FL in attendance and WATO is stealing CFL+NFL attendance.
ya i feel bad about that...cuz i wanted to go down to sfl as well ya know?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I use the older single alternate stage loader code(one where you hold A+Y when selecting a stage). I don't want to get the new one because the memory on my SD has good through a good deal of wear and tear from what I've used it for over the years. Plus it's mostly full so I can't really fit extra textures on it lol.

the way stages are loaded depends on how the code operates. so codes can be made so that you have to hold certain buttons to load a specific texture. Plus the codes have a pre-specified amount of textures per stage to load.(amounts per stage can be set individually).

The numbers at the end of the texture name go up incrementally for each texture you have for that stage. As for why any aren't loading. I'm not really sure. I don't really know the features of your particular version of the code. Did you make the codeset?

:rosalina:

SAX

Smash Ace
Actually I was serious... Why is sfl so mad?

And I hope no one thinks that anyone took that match seriously, I was laughing the entire time through that game haha! XD
tornadoe happy for the lulz

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Bebop the tl;dr of the issue is SFL feels disrespected by CFL because we go up to your guys' events, but you guys do not do the same for us. Plus Hbox is hosting his event on a date ESAM had set for his tourney since November.(ESAM also pushed his tourney date so HBox could host his event conflict free. He pushed it again when his date conflicted with Holy Smash)

I think I'm the only regular SFL poster in this thread lol /random

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Bebop the tl;dr of the issue is SFL feels disrespected by CFL because we go up to your guys' events, but you guys do not do the same for us. Plus Hbox is hosting his event on a date ESAM had set for his tourney since November.(ESAM also pushed his tourney date so HBox could host his event conflict free. He pushed it again when his date conflicted with Holy Smash)

I think I'm the only regular SFL poster in this thread lol /random

id love to go to sfl D: but no1 rides down there so i cant car pool and i sure as hell cant drive there myself or get a ride it bein so far.

SAX

Smash Ace
I use the older single alternate stage loader code(one where you hold A+Y when selecting a stage). I don't want to get the new one because the memory on my SD has good through a good deal of wear and tear from what I've used it for over the years. Plus it's mostly full so I can't really fit extra textures on it lol.

the way stages are loaded depends on how the code operates. so codes can be made so that you have to hold certain buttons to load a specific texture. Plus the codes have a pre-specified amount of textures per stage to load.(amounts per stage can be set individually).

The numbers at the end of the texture name go up incrementally for each texture you have for that stage. As for why any aren't loading. I'm not really sure. I don't really know the features of your particular version of the code. Did you make the codeset?

And hey, If you're ever uploading a video to youtube with a player with the nametag SAX.... That's me. So if you could change SAX to Bebop, that would be great =]

And thanks for the info.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If any of you guys wanna get a ride (I'm talking to you, club apk) im going to drive down to ZP if i can get my car full/gas paid.

If you wanna go to ZP, i can provide a ride there and back, Bebop... kuro...

2-d..

Whoever.

SAX

Smash Ace
If any of you guys wanna get a ride (I'm talking to you, club apk) im going to drive down to ZP if i can get my car full/gas paid.

If you wanna go to ZP, i can provide a ride there and back, Bebop... kuro...

2-d..

Whoever.
What is ZP?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
D-torr man, you have any slight interest in going?
Or gettin' together to smash soon?
I dont quite know where anyone is around here

Top Bottom