• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
So like....Myself, Mike, and my brother Meep are going to this, but even more so than last time, I have to do well to make it home. hahaha. Last time i had emergency money i COULD have used if necessary, but this time i don't. hahaha. Btw, i don't actually have money to enter the tourney. hahaha. Does anyone wanna pitch in to pay for my entry? My birthday's coming up, it could be like an early birthday present. hahaha. <3

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
So like....Myself, Mike, and my brother Meep are going to this, but even more so than last time, I have to do well to make it home. hahaha. Last time i had emergency money i COULD have used if necessary, but this time i don't. hahaha. Btw, i don't actually have money to enter the tourney. hahaha. Does anyone wanna pitch in to pay for my entry? My birthday's coming up, it could be like an early birthday present. hahaha. <3
man id totally do something for you for your birthday, i have no money though, so...

yeah.

id have to service you in other ways

^_~

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Bah I hella wish I could go to this. I hope Meep does really well if he's maining marth still, right before you of course Jaime xD

datsuke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6961-3675
An update to our club...

When our club was tabling in the "Club and Organization Fair," we managed to get 60 sign-ups. Most of them have played melee a lot in the past while others play only Brawl but want to pick up melee for fun.

This is a dream come true for me because I love teaching people how to play melee semi-competitively while having good laughs.

However, do not expect these fresh people to enter into our upcoming tourney. I even advised them to only watch and play friendlies during the tournament so they do not get demoralized when they're only developing their skills at an early level.
^This.

Somehow you completely read my mind. Of course the question is whether or not I can get up at 12 to help setting stuff up. xD

Oh yeah, its the California Room right? Someone told me it was still in the Den. o_0
Those 10 steps between those buildings are huge differences. [/sarcasm]

Violence

Smash Lord
Having them enter is fine, as long as there's a tournament format that doesn't involve them just getting 2 and outed.

Anyone... for.... Swiss!?

Personally, I recommend Swiss Round Robin into top 8 bracket, so that people get to play for like 4-6 rounds, and then get to watch the top 8 matches together.

Also, pools into a revival bracket might be fun too. Run pools, and then have everyone who didn't make it out go into a revival bracket for the remaining spots in the main singles bracket.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I have absolutely no experience running swiss round robin.

I'll do it if someone can help me =P

btw, yes it is in the California Room. I'm pretty sure that anyone who comes to the Den will hear the melee sound coming from the California Room.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've never played in a swiss tournament. Sounds fun though. I'm totally down for that

It'll be interesting to see how I do today though. I went to every tournament last year and got 9th every time.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
1: Tiger Tie (HMW & Phil) ($48.60)
2: Alan is a Rapist (Alan & Sfat) ($24.30)
3: Get your **** smacked (Meep & Mexican) ($8.10)
4: Freak Gasoline Fight Accident (Bizzarro flame & MGA2)
5: Demons of Sexy Adventure (MARU & GK Infinity)
5: Alexander Yatskar (STK & DOTA)
7: Violent Tarheel (Violence & Tarheel)
7: Rush Hour (2badsosad & 2highsofly)
9: Level 9 Ganons (Ganon (1) & Ganon (2))
9: Multi Chronic (Dunskies & Wolfman)

8-man Bracket
1: HomeMadeWaffles
2: Meep
3: Mexican
4: SFAT
5: Alan
5: Bizzarro Flame
7: Phil
7: Dunskies

Total Number of Entrants: 27

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i take it from these results that brandon is going doc again?

also, good **** vince. reppin marth; unless of course you didnt use him, in which case i has a few sads :(

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol ^ i told you guys vince was still beast... shoulda seen when he wrecked on dp's falco with marth at this one tourney not too long ago.

man im feelin so good that jaime and vince did well at this tourney =D

i should have a celebration over here in riverisde...

all by myself :'(

Miztik

Smash Master
first of all who doubted that vince wasnt still beast at melee? was it andre?????

2nd of all **** you ******!!! i mean i love you jr, and you cant have a celebration by yourself go find a bum to hang with since our bum is in texas now

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
first of all who doubted that vince wasnt still beast at melee? was it andre?????

2nd of all **** you ******!!! i mean i love you jr, and you cant have a celebration by yourself go find a bum to hang with since our bum is in texas now
lol, actually i dont think anybody ever said vince wasnt good anymore, im just really proud of my boy right now =D

he barely takes melee seriously anymore and he still hacks ****... hahaha

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Can I make out with you JR? lol. And SFat like....just gave the victory to brandon because they were splitting anyway. He lost to me in winners, i think he beat bizz in losers, and then just gave the match to brandon. I could be wrong on that though. They were plottin! lol. Dam Brandon using that dam bird. hahaha. (yes phil, i am salty. <3 lol)

Violence

Smash Lord
27 players + 1 Lv 9 Ganondorf to round it out = 28 man Swiss

For four rounds, we played a round robin, then we had 2 people who won 4 games and 7 people who won 3 games. The 2 people who lost the earliest in the Swiss played each other in a set to determine who moves into the 8 man bracket.

Then we played an 8 man bracket.

What'd you guys think? We ran into a little bit of time constraint, but we made it in the end.

****, this tournament was awesome. I was happy to meet lots of new players, see lots of new faces. I hope we made a decent impression, and were fun to play against.

Good luck with your club this semester, you have some nice people in your club who are definitely good players in the making(not to mention the good players you already have).

Also, Brandon. Holy ****ing mother of ****ing god. I've never seen you just turn the **** up like that. Switched gears into **** mode, seriously. Insane. Good ****.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
hahah you got this next time jaime =)
good **** brandon! teams/singles =)
good **** alan zach!
good job bizz for running everything ggs to =)
thank you eric for driving!
<3 everyone

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Brandon went falco/fox and meep went 90% marth/10% sheik. I recorded 2 games from the first set of GFs and all of set 2 of GFs. I'm gonna upload it todayish

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Thank you everyone for coming to this tournament!

It was probably the best UCM tournament we have ever had. I am pretty sure that everyone enjoyed it.

Special thanks to Violence for helping me run the tourney.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
holy cow!

congratz on getting 2nd seed, joe!

so proud of you, mang!

today - UC merced

. . . . tommorrow - THE GAAAAMMMEEE!!!!!

Blazing Arrow

Smash Rookie
Thank you everyone for coming to this tournament!

It was probably the best UCM tournament we have ever had. I am pretty sure that everyone enjoyed it.

Special thanks to Violence for helping me run the tourney.
best tourney ever .... nd i missed it T_T why did i have to work on the weekend quiting my job on monday....problem solved =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL nick told me how ppl forfeit to brandon so he could just get at losers finals already

too funny

gotta believe in HMW

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
well basically

we all decided on who was gonna play jaime in losers cuz phil, me, zac, alan all came together and basically were gonna elimate each other

so they let me go so we can go home faster

the goal was to win, but i didnt really think i was going to at all

gg's to both jaime and to vince

when i play any of fta i just vision 2006 and just expect to ****ed up and i usually do, thats like one of the few times where i tried the best i can, and not worry about winning and losing

vince-for never playing and still being really good
jaime-for being good with DK
nick-for riding with me and letting me use his brand new controller which i ****ed up and dropped
bay area-for being cool to hang out with and to those who let me advance
bizz-for hosting the tournament
dunk-for being dunk

=D

Edit: and you guys spelled Tiger Ty wrong!, you can never mess up the good ol Tiger Ty's name, you might get Tiger Swiped!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea i feel that way with fta too LOL especially jr

except jaime now im used to that crappy character :)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm pretty good at this game. I use DK =D And I'll get all of you guys next time. lol. DK is not the problem, I am. You don't believe me? Go ask Taj/Axe/Scorpion king. If they can do what they do with worse characters, then I have no room to complain. lol

Top Bottom