• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twisted Fate Mafia [D3 BEGINS, DEADLINE: 3/8 at 11:59 PM EST]

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Earlier you said that you thought Maven was OK though when you chimed in. Is him being odd indicative of alignment or just something you're eyeing him for?
Maven is okay enough to not warrant a vote, but I still find him odd. Maven is usually an odd duck in general. It is not indicative of alignment at the current time and I am just expressing all my thoughts in thread on players. Maven/Gheb sit in a similar boat for me.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dastrn, why are you so obsessed with postcounts?

:059:
Because it is Day 1 and that is my MO. Don't worry. It isn't all I do.

And for the record, I'm not obsessed. It's just that questions keep coming up about it, and I keep answering, so it happens that my posts are about postcounts. Like this one.

I've explained in great detail why inactivity is bad (mmmkay) and a post count is at least partially indicative of activity, so I track it for a little while, usually into Day 2, rarely very far into Day 3 because it gets tedious, and by then, it's of little use.

You've played with me before. You know I don't usually spend even this much energy talking about it. It's the incessant prodding about post counts that keeps me talking about it. Look back over my last 10 posts, and see how many of them reference post counts, then check how many of those were replies to a question specifically about post counts. You'll get a better picture.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
SlickWylde SlickWylde We need you. You're confirmed town, which is nice, but we still need your reads and your questions. Can you give us a brief analysis of what you've seen so far?

ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow I know that you're relatively new, and that first theory you posted kinda got shredded, but can you chime in on some of your thoughts? You might not know yet if you're more of a mechanical player or a gut feeling player or whatever else, but you'll sort that out by trying out theories, or asking questions, or giving analysis on interactions between 2 players.

Can you give us some thoughts?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
No you're right, that's definitely a gambit, I just forgot he did that
I was rereading and noticed this.

Have we played together before? I'm sorry if we have and I just don't remember your name. I'm bad with names (Lyme disease is a *****.)

I wouldn't expect people who didn't play in that game (or track it closely, I suppose) to know about things like my N0 role claim gambit.

About half of my experience in D-Games has been on a hydra with my brother Xatres on an account called Xastrn. You can tell our posts apart by post color. (I'm of course the one posting in orange.) Just FYI for anyone who likes looking back at historical performance to look for style and tells.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Edit: rofl @ the ninja

But yeah, knowing this actually helps me a bit because your posting style is somewhat similar to what I remember of him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not sure if you're referring to a grammatical/syntactical error here but yes it is.

Maven89

Smash Master
I was rereading and noticed this.

Have we played together before? I'm sorry if we have and I just don't remember your name. I'm bad with names (Lyme disease is a *****.)

I wouldn't expect people who didn't play in that game (or track it closely, I suppose) to know about things like my N0 role claim gambit.

About half of my experience in D-Games has been on a hydra with my brother Xatres on an account called Xastrn. You can tell our posts apart by post color. (I'm of course the one posting in orange.) Just FYI for anyone who likes looking back at historical performance to look for style and tells.
Yep

Maven also did some great analysis of me throughout Day1 that kept town off my back but also didn't let me get away with missing anything in my logic. @ Maven89 Maven89 , I'd love to be scum buddies with you to see how we'd do, but you're a great town player.

MVP:
I'll be that guy and nominate myself for MVP here, but if it's not me, it's gotta be Maven.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Specifically I'd like you to tell me what makes you think I'm "all over the place".

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Specifically I'd like you to tell me what makes you think I'm "all over the place".

Why the flippant switch to Delly for 1 especially after he said he would be V/LA till Tuesday/Wednesday? Also your much more chatty in this beginning leg of the game which to me reads as a bit all over the place because usually you just pick one thing and stick with it for a bit. It's a difference I'm not used to and that's just the way I'm seeing it.

I'd guess he wants you to elaborate on that statement.
That question wasn't directed at you, Sparky. You know better than to answer for others. :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I feel like some dislike or question are at dastrn is a return of people not liking his semi mechanical approach, if I recall this is very standard of what I remember and some people do approach it like this.

Strangely made me likes corps more despite it somewhat of a strange focus on my inclusion.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
SlickWylde SlickWylde We need you. You're confirmed town, which is nice, but we still need your reads and your questions. Can you give us a brief analysis of what you've seen so far?

ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow I know that you're relatively new, and that first theory you posted kinda got shredded, but can you chime in on some of your thoughts? You might not know yet if you're more of a mechanical player or a gut feeling player or whatever else, but you'll sort that out by trying out theories, or asking questions, or giving analysis on interactions between 2 players.

Can you give us some thoughts?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why the flippant switch to Delly for 1 especially after he said he would be V/LA till Tuesday/Wednesday? Also your much more chatty in this beginning leg of the game which to me reads as a bit all over the place because usually you just pick one thing and stick with it for a bit. It's a difference I'm not used to and that's just the way I'm seeing it.
OK so you were basically just exaggerating.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Yay. I love the post feature that posts before I type anything. My town reads are: Ryker, Corps, SlickWylde, obviously because he's confirmed, and everyone else is null other than Gheb, and I'm getting to him in a second. Considering that Slick is confirmed town, the mafia will probably be aiming to night kill him. But they'll probably end up taking a blind shot to avoid suspicion. @Gheb Was your vote on Del just a joke vote, was it because he was being inactive, or was it justified? If it was justified, then please clarify the reason.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
And yeah, it might seem scummy that I'm don't have any scum reads other than Gheb, but I legitimately don't.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not really, but if you care to interpret that way go for it, sport.
I mean, I personally don't see the problem with exaggerating here and there. I actually do it a lot and it can help you get somewhere. But yeah if you think me doing some minimal dipping into RVS fun is me being all over the place you're probably exaggerating.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Fair enough, could I get a response to my question that seems to be what TSYK is tagging onto now?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Unvote

My apologies. Just so everyone's aware, mon-friday I usually can post often, but it's much harder for me on weekends :)

Okay, here are my uneducated guesses (Or as educated as 7 pages can make me):

Dastrn: I liked his initial response to my question. A little preachy lol, but good. I've had some people lecture, and it was because they were trying to intimidate me because they were scum, and didn't want the pressure. Dastrn's response seemed to be a genuine attempt to help me think about it clearly.
His responses after seemed a little verbose, but I have a feeling that might just be how he posts, so I'm not going to cast any judgment on that until I see more.
Read: Null

I don't wanna make this too long, so I'll just list the rest with my reads, which are all pretty much just based on my gut atm, as opposed to specific posts or patterns.

1. #HBC | Ryker - Null
2. Corps Phoenix - Slight towny
3. The Man from Delamar - Null
4. Maven89 - Slight towny
5. ASC | Red Ryu - Slight Towny
6. Gheb_01 - Null
7. Kantrip - Inactive, so null
8. Spak - slight scum (Just gut based, I'll probably read thru all his posts again and tag him with questions.)
9. #HBC | J - Slight.... town read? WTH, that never happens. That's a bad omen ;)
10. ThatSmasherYouKnow - Stoner
11. Dastrn - Null
12. SlickWylde - Total ****, but town

I realize this isn't that helpful since I have most of them as null. I'm gonna be posting more today though, and maybe I'll just go through each person, look at all of their posts, and do analysis. I'll do my best to be helpful, I know being confirmed town is very important.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I don't know why this question keeps popping up. Read my damn posts if you wanna know.

You're dodging. I read all your posts, and none of them really state it set in stone. That's what I want, I want it clear and clarified, with no dodges.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
(This was a post referring to whether we played together before, which we did in Salt Mini Mafia).

I just reread that entire game. That was a fun one. :)
Yes, I remember you now. I liked how you played quite a bit, and it matches how you're playing this game.

You might notice that I did a lot of similar things in that game:
  • post counts
  • answering questions, but usually with a request that others answer the same question
  • walls of text (You should all be glad you're not facebook friends with me, or heaven forbid on my software team at work. One of my coworkers literally replies to my emails with "tl;dr" and tells me if I don't use highlighters and bullet points, he won't bother reading them. (He's kind of a ****, but he has a point... :) )
  • driving the game, even if it requires me to take heat.
I'm not suggesting that the similarities imply that I have the same alignment as in that game. Merely pointing out that this behavior is consistent for me, in case anyone misreads these behaviors in isolation.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh? Tell me more. What about my RVS was wonky? What had Infaioed to comment on at the time of my last post? This is an interesting opinion you have.

Lynch all liars is ****ing stupid.
Lynch inactives is correct most of the time.
J is actually playing the game atm more than most of the recent games I've played with him, so Maven is high.
Dastrn not posting town reads is ****ing dumb, but that is an old opinion that used to be prevalent in DGames and Dastrn is like a relic unburied from the ancient past.
Gheb, J, Dastrn, we're all willing to lynch inactive if we have someone at under 10 posts at the end of D1, yeah?
@#HBC | Ryker I've been skimming your posts and realized that this one post is almost all of the content you've given us so far. Your other 11 posts have been almost all fluff. I highlighted in green the parts of the post that aren't meta. (pot calling the kettle black here, I've done a lot of meta too, but I've also caught heat for it and defended myself for it. Not going to ignore it in others.)
I'm noticing that you've mostly stuck to the edges of the conversation. I'd like to hear more from you.

Could you give us one strong opinion on something that you haven't yet stated, and perhaps a couple of soft reads? Preferably on things you haven't talked about yet.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Something I disagree with you guys on, but am willing to listen and be educated concerning:

1. Lynch all in-actives: Why? How often are the in-actives actually guilty? Seems like among the loud people there is almost always a scum member. Strong players are going to talk a lot. Weak players aren't. What scares me about this is that this seems like an easy way for scum to thin the heards. But it seems that most of the strong players are in agreement (and you can't all be scum) so there must be a good reason for this.

---
Just read through page 3-4 again. Dastrn actually comes across pretty towny.

J is typical J.

I only saw 1 post of any substance from The Man From Delanor. It was the beginning of the game, but it seemed like most of his posts were questions. Questions are a great way for scum to be active without saying anything to get attention. I don't hate him, but I don't like him. (Regarding his role, not personally)

I do not like the way Corps Phoenix posted during those two pages at all. High on my suspicious list now, I'm gonna go through 5-6 now and see if anything changes.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inactivity is lynchable because scum stand to gain the most benefit from less activity in the game as a whole, especially activity from themselves. Having a contract to lynch inactives keeps them from being able to hide. We force activity out of inactives, or simply lynch them. With that guillotine over inactives heads, they talk and we can read, or they don't and we lynch.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Inactivity is lynchable because scum stand to gain the most benefit from less activity in the game as a whole, especially activity from themselves. Having a contract to lynch inactives keeps them from being able to hide. We force activity out of inactives, or simply lynch them. With that guillotine over inactives heads, they talk and we can read, or they don't and we lynch.
Okay, that makes complete sense, thanks!

Top Bottom