• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Oh god there is literally a wagon on us for being Le bateluer.

I (vanz) have two exams consecutively over today and tomorrow, so I won't be posting properly until I'm done (thursday).

I would REALLY appreciate it if you could all resist the urge to blindly follow OS until this time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why have soup and Chuckie both posted that I'm doing this without reasoning and people are "blindly" following me without reading the case or thinking about it?

I made a case, people read it, they agreed.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
What a shame 90% of the players here are skimming. Kary embodies Sister Margaret, defining uselessness. Joker claimed to skim because he might actually think this game's a joke. Circus exists merely to fan the flames around us and continues to *****foot around. Raziek has no backbone apparently. Dietz' brain suffers from malnutrition. And Red Ryu... (lol). The wagon is endorsed by skimmers who want to rush the day and get it over with... We're very confident in this Town, as you can see! Oh, wii forgot J...

Flopswarm has been given free reign to click his fingers twice as to control the direction of this game claiming to have things figured out by D2... is this really srs? Despite spearheading a wrong lynch already? Claiming to know the setup as if he himself has underlying information present?...

This town is looking free. /Joining rajam in heaven.

Before we go :chuckle: Wii can't give up just yet. So let's try this with a good groove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjXsc0UjdQ
_
_
_

The connection between us and Le Bateleur is as weak as anyone else on the player list. We invite people to point out exactly how our interactions with BattyBoi are meaningful to us being its Inquisitor. Because I'm still shocked that apparently we committed suicide on Day 1 by being so undeniably obvious...

I can't be bothered to quote the whole thing but I'll address the main points again.

So now that we know the setup has this inquisitor role.... how do we find out who the inquisitor is?

1) Connection to La Bateleur

2) If independently aligned players exist, they will have more information than the mafia, who will have more information than the town. As town, strike a balance between conservation of information and cooperation towards the theme. -Nabe

So someone with a strong connection to La Bateleur.... and more information than both mafia AND town....

I wonder who that could be.

Vote: Chuckie
I can't think of any benefits we get, at all, in handling Batty Boi the way we did. It provides no longevity in our strategy - Batty Boi becomes at risk of lynch/Night kill/vig kill/investigation/genuine suspicion because of his enigma status... that we projected on to him first. Yes, we are responsible for making people think badly of Le Bateleur...

...For us to do this on Day 1 shows no longevity if we were in any way connected. This behaviour in spotlighting him the way we did should point to more of a disconnection than a connection actually. Oh, no one has common sense...

Could you comment on this and in a way that doesn't resort to "but you are him, I know you are him"? 100% of your case is you knowing how scum think and knowing the setup... aka incredibly worrying.
_

Btw...

You're looking scum to us because you have a semblance of a plan - your biggest scumtell, alongside wild assumptious logic. You remind us of marshy in that deadpool game where he hurried lynches like a madman. You "know" things... how on earth do you know what you know to talk so confidently in your language? Where does your information come from? :woman:

We get the impression from your play your setting people up for next Day shenanigans based on rushed together logic that attempts to take control of the thread, almost desperately. Such a shame you have thanksgiving off (here's hoping there's no mashed potato on YOUR table).

Consider the way you paired us and batty boi so urgently despite some players doing next to nothing to contribute to the game, with no possibility of reconsidering, something you could dive straight into on D2. What was the point in having us both post at the same time, knowing it was in our capabilities to do this? Your techniques in this game look moreso to trap a player than one of a genuine scumhunt.

Even in your most recent post above you instil this... subliminal doubt... in players of your choice (in this case Soup), talking of Soup as if he must be a focal point passed our lynch...

Btw can you be vigged when we flip? Your usefulness will have expired with 2 spearheaded mislynches under your belt, which should expose your towniness :chuckle:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Chuckie said:
Btw can you be vigged when we flip? Your usefulness will have expired with 2 spearheaded mislynches under your belt, which should expose your towniness
Is this a joke or am I reading this wrong?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Of course it's a joke silly! as if it's going to expose his towniness! /britishsarcasm

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
While you are here Kata, talk to me about Soup. You know him much more than your other half and should have a read on him based on things surrounding him.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Well... soup is a cool cat. Comes across very chilled. He's going through an executive phase, maybe trying to be a bit like marshugio!!

But most importantly, he states we're a good lynch but does he classify us as someone scummie and (importantly) more meaningful to him than Raziek and Overswarm? If yes, why exactly? I think this needs looking into. Seems safe with the options open to him and i don't sense a fire in his scumhunt.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You have yet to really go against the points made by Overswarm and I need you to respond to me.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
oh also... one other thing i'm questioning right now...

@soup: why are you rolling momentum against us in a way that absolutely secures our lynch? You keep stating Chuckie will be the lynch like Rajam was... yet it feels you want Raziek more... have you got everything you need from him to assert your reads?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You'd have to bring me a good reason to lynch OS over you at this point and enough to get me fighting for your side of things. The thing I feeling is that you guys not only just have come back with a flailing/semi-OMGUS case on OS, you haven't done much otherwise. Plus the thing I am seeing with you guys is that you are also a liability. You haven't really refuted anything from OS nor have you offered an alternative besides pushing the person who is pushing you. I don't even know most of your opinions on anyone besides calling most of this town useless for voting you which doesn't really do much for me.

For me to consider OS, you will have to put in some more work to explain why he is scummy because I am not seeing much to suspect as such.

So, correct me here, Soup is a slight scum-read for you?

#HBC | ѕoup

No I haven't. I'm still trying to but I'm not blind to what is happening here.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
i have absolutely gone against the most important points overswarm has highlighted.

I can't think of any benefits we get, at all, in handling Batty Boi the way we did. It provides no longevity in our strategy - Batty Boi becomes at risk of lynch/Night kill/vig kill/investigation/genuine suspicion because of his enigma status... that we projected on to him first. Yes, we are responsible for making people think badly of Le Bateleur...

...For us to do this on Day 1 shows no longevity if we were in any way connected. This behaviour in spotlighting him the way we did should point to more of a disconnection than a connection actually. Oh, no one has common sense...
I've just done it in a tidy and readable fashion :grin:

anyone care to comment on this?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Chuckie reminded me of a question I had earlier.

I'm not doing that by the way. You'll see more from more once people start responding to me. We all know Chuckie is getting lynched so I'm going to do what I need to do regardless.
If the bolded is how you truly feel, why are you not voting Chuckie? You keep saying Chuckie is the lynch and you have been talking about Chuckie way more than Raziek and even have more points against Chuckie (now) then Raziek. Yet your vote remains on Raz, why?

Plus the bolded isn't just scummy, it's just bad regardless.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
So, correct me here, Soup is a slight scum-read for you?
I need to consider this more. I'm leaning moreso on null.

Also liability is in no way representative of scum.

Neither is flailing. Flailing typically means someone wants is emotional about their responses and they struggle to look cohesive. Scum aren't emotional creatures...

Can give me examples of why liability/flailing are meaningful to you?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have absolutely gone against the most important points overswarm has highlighted.

I've just done it in a tidy and readable fashion :grin:

anyone care to comment on this?
Yeah, die with dignity. If it makes you feel better we'll look at the possibility of OS Mafia toMorrow mmk? :p

#HBC | ѕoup

Because I don't want the day to end? I didn't vote Tako because he was my town-read, but this is something different. Lordy.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
soup are you chatting about us potentially not knowing our role but having underlying information?

if this is the case 90% of the logic against us here falls apart, as that would show we didn't know about a connection with batty boi for us to have engineered our interactions the way people claim we did.

I just can't accept that people are not seeing this as smart play. where's that picture gheb posted?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
and by smart play, i mean looking into le bateleur... the ONLY newbie player in the game to come from nowhere and suddenly be invited to nabe's christmas party... It is not rocket-science!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I need to consider this more. I'm leaning moreso on null.

Also liability is in no way representative of scum.

Neither is flailing. Flailing typically means someone wants is emotional about their responses and they struggle to look cohesive. Scum aren't emotional creatures...

Can give me examples of why liability/flailing are meaningful to you?
You are an enigma. I have no reason to truly believe you to be town at the moment and you lean scum for me because of your response to OS. You say scum aren't emotional creatures which isn't true at all. Scum don't instantly turn to robots depreived of emotion. Scum can flail too, Chuckie and I am kind of surprised you are suggesting that they don't and should be a reason for your innocence.

Liability, however, you are correct. It isn't indicative of you being scum, but it makes me worry about your slot and makes me less comfy with keeping you around for the long haul purely because you are that variable that we don't have an answer to. You will always have the stigma of this fight with OS and your reaction to it, which does read scummy. Basically, I would lynch you if I can't get my biggest scum-read lynched because I am much more comfortable with letting you go then others since you have that liability factor and you are also scummier rather than townier in my eyes.

Because I don't want the day to end? I didn't vote Tako because he was my town-read, but this is something different. Lordy.
Chuckie is at L-2, how would you end the day? Don't give me the excuse of "Maybe someone coming in and *accidently* hammering". You say you are pressuring Raz, but you aren't even pursuing him and he has already acknowledged your vote and nothing has come from it. What else are you planning on doing to Raz?

Raz has given his views and why he voted. What do you make of Ditzy then who just came in to take a jab at Chuckie?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
I was being slightly generic there.

Looking back at all this we have... no allies...

Scum be out for our blood :woman:

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't like it either. Do you think we could go anywhere else this day, J?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant

Could you comment on this and in a way that doesn't resort to "but you are him, I know you are him"? 100% of your case is you knowing how scum think and knowing the setup... aka incredibly worrying.
This is very applicable right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We could lynch you and I would be happy. :p

Chuckie, if it's any consolation, the Le B thing doesn't have to do with me looking at you with a weird eye.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dude, I have burned by you enough lately to believe that one at the moment. You are gonna need more to convince me because I feel I finally know what I was missing the other times you were scum.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
You are an enigma. I have no reason to truly believe you to be town at the moment and you lean scum for me because of your response to OS.
We're not actually an enigma. This is what Overswarm's hyperbole has lead you to believe. We were very transparent and public with what we were doing.

The least informative tell here after all is underlying information... considering this is the biggest tell Town would be attentive to...

J can you elaborate on the bolded?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J can you elaborate on the bolded?
I have though a couple of times. The fact that you flailed and presented a case on OS that merely revolved on what he had presented against you which led me to feel it more OMGUS. Reason being, your vote had originally been on OS. However, what influenced that before OS presented his case on you? You haven't really begun talking about what OS had done that was scummy before then. I want to see that from you. Your response just doesn't sit right with me at all in terms of the town intent.

#HBC | ѕoup

Dude, I have burned by you enough lately to believe that one at the moment. You are gonna need more to convince me because I feel I finally know what I was missing the other times you were scum.
It's like you want to be the one to catch me as scum or something. It's a huge shame but no matter what you say I'll always have this town role occupying me currently. This is really silly and I don't need to say anything more about it.

Raziek, read what I said earlier and asked earlier.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to like Circus, and I want to like his wall. I can't shake the feeling of something more there however.

Everyone give me an insight on if they have someone they want to lead on today, based on yesterday. Should we throw everything that happened prior out of the window? This question is completely rhetorical and I don't want to see this day end quite yet.
I want everyone to answer this.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ditzy, why do you feel the need to seperate Chuckie as indy instead of mafia?
I see someone hasn't actually been reading the OS posts... If he's been controlling Le B he's Indy since Le B was indy.

Top Bottom