• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Swords said:
@Chuckie: Up until now, you haven't really been that opinionated on players w.r.t. reading them, even though you have said yourself that you believe scum hunting is possible today. I find this . . . interesting (misused ellipsis for emphasis). Can you give me your opinion on Tako and his wagon? Who should we lynch today?
No wii haven't particularly. Most players have been solely focusing on mechanics or have been largely inactive, which always makes it difficult to get reads. Until Day 2 begins and there is basically "no excuse" for people to avoid scum hunting, wii probably won't be getting much more opinionated. But wii will do what we can for the moment!

Tako's focus around his gambit makes him difficult to read, especially considering what Soup said about him. He claimed to be concerned with not giving scum info, but was deflective when asked why or how he believed that scum benefit more than town from knowing the theme. Off the top of my head, he voted OS for more or less not agreeing with his approach on the mechanics.

His claim to already know the theme was a weird gambit. If he was town, I'm not sure what he was going for faking this. You can't really get reads off of it because you're not generating any pressure. He was simply crying out for attention, regardless of alignment. Maybe he thought he could get Town points for doing something so bold? His quick replace out is almost contradictory to his play in the game, so I'm assuming it might of been for personal reasons (rather than "**** this bad situation, i'm out"). What I gather from his personality is that he WANTED the attention on him, for what reasons I can only really guess. Wii were interested to see how Tako responded to his wagon.

Rajam claiming he guessed that he was Mafia is a red flag for me. Considering how mechanics focused Tako was, it doesn't make sense to guess Mafia on N0. It's more likely that he guessed he was Town, was told wrong, then made his other guess on Day 1. It's possible we've caught Rajam in a mistake here (outing his guesses before he fully understood the guessing mechanic).

I'm assuming he's being lynched, so wii will look into his wagon tomorrow. Haven't given it much thought and nothing really stood out to us at the time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is everyone done with their guesses? Someone hammer if everyone is. This day is done.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Only person I'm assuming isn't is J, who hasn't posted for a while. Maybe Ryker.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests) Chuckie, Le Bateleur

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Why is there so many people that we don't know if they know their alignment? We should start to check this asap for re-reads during Night Phase:

@Le Bateleur

Hi!! I know my alignment now! I'm town!
I could go on... :coolmonke:
BUT I WON'T!

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Chuckie! I've been thinking about proving I'm not anyone but me!

What do you want to know about me?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Also we get another guess during the Night, if anyone hasn't at least made decent progress or has a guess left they only have themselves to blame.

Le Bate will you hammer Rajam?

What I want to know about you? How do you know Nabe. How long for, do you know him irl? What are your other mafia experiences? Swords also asked some good question in his #508

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Also we get another guess during the Night, if anyone hasn't at least made decent progress or has a guess left they only have themselves to blame.

Le Bate will you hammer Rajam?

What I want to know about you? How do you know Nabe. How long for, do you know him irl? What are your other mafia experiences? Swords also asked some good question in his #508
@////@ Uhhhhh. Is Rajam cute?... THAT'S SO FORWARD.

I don't know Nabe! He saw me ask about newbie games and said I would have fun! Which I am, even though people think I'm other people...

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Do you think he's mafia? and WHY are you tryyng to set me up with mafia?! I don't want to be in bed with the mob!
Yes wii think Rajam could me mafia, read our earlier posts.

How are wii trying to set you up with mafia?

Who do you think is mafia?

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Uh Katafie, my other mafia experiences are never online, but I played with my friends from massage class! We always RP though... <__< Which I guess you guys don't do!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
To clarify: I want to know why you assumed I'm Kataefi, and not vanderzant? How are you distinguishing?

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Yes wii think Rajam could me mafia, read our earlier posts.

How are wii trying to set you up with mafia?

Who do you think is mafia?
You said I should hammer Rajam! I'm not that easy...

Like I said I think Razeki is mafia because he was being rude and seemed to be belittling I think it was Taco... Rajam now I guess...

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-7

10/18 to lynch.

Rajam [9]: Overswarm, Raziek, Red Ryu, PrivateJoker-Brown, Ranmaru, Jdietz43, Chuckie, Kary, Circus
Potassium [1]: Rajam
July [1]: J
Raziek [1]: Le Bateleur
No Lynch [1]: JTB

Not voting: Sworddancer., July, Ryker, soup, Potassium

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Circus > Rajam
Overswarm > sneakytako
Ranmaru > Le Bateleur > sneakytako
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako/Rajam > Red Ryu > Overswarm > Unvote > Overswarm > Unvote > Overswarm > Potassium
J > July
Ryker
Le Bateleur > Raziek
Private-Joker Brown > sneakytako
Raziek > sneakytako
Chuckie > Le Bateleur > sneakytako
Jdietz43 > soup > sneakytako
ѕoup > Le Bateleur > No Lynch > Unvote > No Lynch > Unvote
JTB > No Lynch
Kary > Rajam
Potassium > soup > Overswarm > Rajam > Unvote
Red Ryu > Potassium > Ranmaru > sneakytako > sneakytako
[/collapse]

Deadline is November 9th at 15:00 Eastern.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
:mad: DON'T FEIGN IGNORANCE NABE GRRRR :mad:

You called me Kat because you saw the "wii" and assumed it was Kat posting. There's no possible way a "new" player would refer to us as Kataefi.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Something I don't understand wrt Tako is the fact he lied about the knowing the real theme and had this weird *** plan incorporated with it. I don't understand the incentive to lie about it in the first place unless he was trying to scumhunt mechanically, as I feel he could have done it to garner reactions. I know Tako has done this before as both alignments, but he never followed up on it either way.

Why did he replace out, anyways?
I don't know! I thought of replacing out too because this is a lot of work, maybe he's the same??

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
...Is that addressed to me? :( I don't know what you're talking about, Kataefi is your nickname right? People call you Chuckie and Katefi and also vanderxant? I know forum people have a lot of nicknames and shortforms and stuff!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
...Is that addressed to me? :( I don't know what you're talking about, Kataefi is your nickname right? People call you Chuckie and Katefi and also vanderxant? I know forum people have a lot of nicknames and shortforms and stuff!
I apologise if you are a real person. Truly, honestly. I don't ever intend to insult people and I can see how this might be insulting. If you are we'll probably have a good laugh about this after the game :chuckle:.

However, I can't ignore the ample evidence that points towards you being Nabe (or at least, not what you appear to be).

Your name is a direct reference to the theme of the game.

You've never posted outside of dGames. A strange place to be posting on if you have no prior experience of Online Mafia, and just "discovered" this place a month or so ago.

You claim an interest in Smash, yet again have never posted outside of dGames.

You seem to constantly mispell names and not understand basic mafia rules, not know what a hydra is, yet in other ways you are very dGames savvy. I've seen you copy avatar images into your posts, multi quoting things, etc. It's like you're doing the first group of things on purpose, but revealing your true knowlege of these boards through the second.

Also, in case again you're real (it feels weird saying this all the time) Chuckie is a hydra of two players, posting as a "single" account. Kataefi is one person and Vanderzant (me) is another. Nice to meet you :p

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Uh people keep saying hammer on page 13?? I'm guessing it's not sexy like I thought... (.///. that was sooo weird...) Is there special mafia words?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Hammer means to cast the final lynch vote. I.e. if you voted Rajam now, you would be hammering him.

Also, don't mean to pry too much but are you French by any chance?

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
I apologise if you are a real person. Truly, honestly. I don't ever intend to insult people and I can see how this might be insulting. If you are we'll probably have a good laugh about this after the game :chuckle:.

However, I can't ignore the ample evidence that points towards you being Nabe (or at least, not what you appear to be).

Your name is a direct reference to the theme of the game.

You've never posted outside of dGames. A strange place to be posting on if you have no prior experience of Online Mafia, and just "discovered" this place a month or so ago.

You claim an interest in Smash, yet again have never posted outside of dGames.

You seem to constantly mispell names and not understand basic mafia rules, not know what a hydra is, yet in other ways you are very dGames savvy. I've seen you copy avatar images into your posts, multi quoting things, etc. It's like you're doing the first group of things on purpose, but revealing your true knowlege of these boards through the second.

Also, in case again you're real (it feels weird saying this all the time) Chuckie is a hydra of two players, posting as a "single" account. Kataefi is one person and Vanderzant (me) is another. Nice to meet you :p
Ohhhhhh sorry! Hydra... Why are you in a hydra? Which one of you picked the Voldamort avy? :bee:

My friend said I should play mafia here because he plays mafia on another site but it's not active like here. We play mafia IRL and he mentioned mafia online but he doesn't like it any -more. And epicmafia or some-thing but he says that's FAIL!

I like Smash Bros too but every-one here is way into it, I don't want to go in looking like a noob!

My name was supposed to be about batteling! No-one has told me how to change it yet, sorry...

Its not hard to copy images, I know how the internet works Mom... :smirk: I'll learn names, I know yours now and that you're two people! Sorry if I get your name wrong, any-one!!

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Hammer means to cast the final lynch vote. I.e. if you voted Rajam now, you would be hammering him.

Also, don't mean to pry too much but are you French by any chance?
Ohhh... why not say that? Or use a word that sounds less like, dirty... >//>

May wee! Haha non, je na parlpas French! That's all I know from when I went to France a couple years a-go. Why do you ask?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Because your username is in French. I said this too you earlier, but it means the Magician (in english). It's also a Tarot Card.

Also, you're supposed to post in english, but I'm sure Nabe won't modkill you though :smirk:

I think this is enough idle chit chat though :chuckle:. Can you go more in depth into who you want to lynch toDay? And can you give some thoughts on the alignments of other players?

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
I thought the name was funny! Like Le Reddit, only then the actual word for batteler from French 'cause it's like Reddit to the next level! Yano?? And still says I WANT TO FIGHT just in a funny classy way!

I think I'd lynch Razeki cause like I said I think he's mafia? Or maybe Circus!

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Well, if I weren't already pretty sold on a Rajam lynch, that omgus against OS sure would have done it.

Vote: Rajam

Explain this unvote better. What makes you think Rajam's FoS on you is genuine? Looks like textbook deflection to me.

@July: Disagree with you about your comments about the way certain players handled the idea of outing the theme (Raz) and valuing scumhunting over the guessing mechanic (Soup). Even if scum start off just as in the dark as town does (which everyone seems to agree probably isn't true based on info given by the mod), scum gaining QT communication and even a Night Kill would seem like a fair trade for getting full reveal flips. The sooner everyone knows the theme, the sooner bodies will be able to be identified. I'm eager for that perk, and I don't blame people like OS and Raz being eager for it as well. In fact, at risk of getting too far up OS' ***, I find myself very much agreeing with his approach this game.
Circus supports Raz's idea! And I like what July said so it's like what? I didn't like Soup earlier but I think he's okay now.

July

Smash Apprentice
@July: Disagree with you about your comments about the way certain players handled the idea of outing the theme (Raz) and valuing scumhunting over the guessing mechanic (Soup). Even if scum start off just as in the dark as town does (which everyone seems to agree probably isn't true based on info given by the mod), scum gaining QT communication and even a Night Kill would seem like a fair trade for getting full reveal flips. The sooner everyone knows the theme, the sooner bodies will be able to be identified. I'm eager for that perk, and I don't blame people like OS and Raz being eager for it as well. In fact, at risk of getting too far up OS' ***, I find myself very much agreeing with his approach this game.
I never had an issue with OS' approach to the game, and I don't have a particular issue with people wanting to out the theme quickly, but I wanted to look at WHY people wanted the theme revealed. I got the feeling that some people wanted it because they genuinely thought that it would help town and was the best town strategy, which is the motivation you just stated and that I got from players like Chuckie and OS. I also understood people wanting to weigh the consequences of revealing the theme v. not revealing the theme, and people who were most focused in getting everyone to figure out their alignment and going from there; all those approaches make sense and I have no problem with any of those.

What I did have a problem with were people who either didn't want any information revealed at all (which I don't remember anyone really saying but Tako was pretty close to that) and people who had a knee jerk reaction about revealing the theme because I honestly don't think that shows they were thinking about what would be best for town when they did so, I think its reflective of a personal motivation to figure out the theme and get their role. Personal motivation could provoke town or scum, that's why I said I'm taking early game reactions with a grain of salt and I'll just keep my eye on Raziek.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
"I think we're closer to solving this mystery!" I said, walking across the room with my heels clicking against the hard floor... "We need to find the motive though..." I light a cigarette and blow smoke rings like Gandalf while I think.

Nabe did the man definitely hang to death?

(I have a client tomorrow at 8 so I should sleep but I'll post tomorrow too!)

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Overswarm, Posts #260 and #261: Chuckie and Le Bateleur already posted at the same time there.

What do you think, in terms of alignment, that it is possibly that Chuckie and Le Bateleur are the same person?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Actually, check the whole exchange starting from #260; posts' times from Chuckie and Le Bateleur are very close there (#263 and #264 also happen at the same time)

Top Bottom