• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

Purple

Hi guys!
Actually, I read it, however i'd like those posts again and see if i can figure why mayling did what she did back then.

:|

I'm very absent minded kat, if you haven't noticed. Which is probably why you can't figure out my train of thought.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I was going to suggest if we don't become cohesive this Day that we no lynch.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Marc and Xonar have yet to post.

If we must ml, then we must, but I'm not sure weather or not that's the best option.

As for your case, let me examine it here:

My answers are italicized.

@ermac: it must be the avi, right? or the name? maybe a combination of things... >.< Basically.... I am not a girl! Also I feel you've replaced into a tough spot because I need some answers thankyou very much =p sorry about that XP

here's my current analysis on your former self:

I've done a reread and yes dear mayling is standing out to me: this is not an overthought. may's reactions look genuine at surface level:- I only have a problem when you start factoring the contextual motives behind them, despite what vult has said in twilight.

firstly vult's interest in the extension: #430 / #373 which he was responsible for having been the prime suspect D2. this was a good move in hindsight... further discussion could have given him possibilities to escape the lynch. This is strictly an assumption but considering his situation, more time would have only been beneficial for him. I know about the request for a deadline extension. The deadline should've been extended, for I believe that one should be given time to defend their self before the lynch occurs. It was extended, right? In Vult's situation, more time would've given him the time to prepare his defense, and, being town, he could've had the possibility of saving himself. I'm not sure if you caught this, but Vult claimed after the lynch that he was planning on revealing his role to the town, which would've allowed us to narrow things down a day earlier than they have already. In this light, the extension would've been beneficial to not just Vult, but the townspeople.

May being accountable for ceasing that extension shouldn't be disregarded. I am fully aware of May shooting down Vult.

xiivi's votecount and may's hammer are not distant, this is significant because it goes against her naivety --> the votecounts were there, in her face and as such, signposted. This is quite true, because if I'm not mistaken, Vult was at L-1 for more than one vote count.

These factors lead me to think, (considering it was next-Day mylo at the time), the hammer did its job in placing town in a critical position and as such likely possibly from a scum perspective - it can be seen as an afforable risk to win toDay considering mylo.

The only issue here is whether this was a super hyper grave town error or scum-planned:- however: #472 is telling - the other twilight suggests otherwise - this twilight she doesn't effectively control the damage - instead further suspicion is incited: #487. Couple this with Vult's reads, who coincidentally never considered may a primary suspect D2, and this twilight would be the platform in which lots and lots of people are suddenly made suspicious and town once again becomes disoriented. I have yet to see someone who didn't know about the Twilight Period or the way it works, so post 472 is indeed scummy... This May person reminds me of my role in CSI Mafia, which I'm glad has been removed from the forum database.

#406 where is vult? why did I suddenly become a suspect despite her not alluding previously that she wanted me dead? I deliberately ignored this because I wanted to see if she developed on her suspects, but this wasn't the case.My belief is that May wasn't originally planning on voting for Vult, but that in a fit of sheer brilliance she decided to hop on the BW and didn't care enough about the game to realize that she was hammering.
_

I don't know what to think of summoner dying btw =/ This has somewhat thrown me off because he was one of my suspects
_

@chibo - elaboration on may/ermac vote would be nice

@ermac - good luck chuck it's defence time

@heat - opinions on this case please? you're interested in summoner wagoners, so are you also interested in vult wagoners? I always feel quite sketchy about you because of your empty reads that I feel don't lead to anywhere - I can't work out where your train of thought is.

@marc - same as chibo's question - also thoughts D2? I feel like we haven't seen much from you I'd like to hear a more elaborated opinion.

@xonar - same as heat's and marc's first questions respectively.
_

so to make this clear!: my vote leans toward Ermac right now - I am open to being convinced otherwise.

Okay, so my theory on May is as follows, based on my own personal experiences as a noob in the past:

1- She was relatively inactive at the beginning, only occasionally posting random bits of fluff every now and then.
2- Eventually, she became slightly more active, enough that she was able to sneak by without being voted on for inactivity, yet still not really being part of the game.
3- Later, she realized that she was going to New York for a week (or whatever time it is), thus she knew that she would have to be replaced by the time she left. She knew that the game wouldn't end before then, so she began to lose interest in the game and where it was heading. Note that her posts fluctuate in length a bit over the course of the game, eventually returning to one-liners shortly before her departure.
4- Because of her loss in interest, she began to care less about the game, and couldn't keep track of what was going on any more, probably skimming pages here and there to "catch up".
5- When Vult became L-1, she was probably so far "out of it" that she wanted to just quit. She wouldn't want to quit, however, because in the case of the day continuing until the lynch, and in the case of a townie lynch, that would leave today on lylo. This would be because of her quitting, townie lynch, and night kill.
6- Instead, she would rather be replaced, but for some odd reason, decided to "accidentally" lynch Vult, then try to apologize and act all innocent to attempt to get people to sympathize with her, preventing her from being targeted the next day. This way, she figured, she could leave for New York and give the replacement a "clean start" the next day.
7- Of course, since this was the optimal outcome of her plan, and she just so happened to be living in her own warped fantasy, this meant that her plan was to fail miserably, which it did. After realizing that her plan sucked she was all like "wheeeeeeeeeeeeee..." and left to go to New York, not having to deal with the game anymore.

Of course, that's only my opinion on what happened, and I know that the truth may be much more mundane (she made a stupid mistake), or a bit... crazy. If I have time tomorrow, I'll find my post on Mafiascum where I... snapped, to show you guys what I mean.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you were looking for; I didn't have as much time writing this as I would've liked.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
As for summoner's death, he was confirmed town by Vult, so the mafia killed him to avoid having a single clear and leave the townies in the dark once again.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
btw mod pls dont modkill mayne i lied i been a bad boy D:
But yeah, Marc isn't scum according to my radar
Before I go to bed, here's a quote for potential Xonar/Marc mafia.

Just putting this out here to avoid getting buried.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm sorry, I didn't realize it had been that long.

I don't have much to add, I'm afraid. I think I've put forward enough of a case against Mayling. I suspected her even before the ****** hammer and her defense was just bad. Not going to lie, her replacing out at this stage kind of made me lose interest, aside from me being busy. This time I don't have a john for Xonar.

Ermac, why/how did Vult clear Summoner?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Ermac entered the game in a very ****ty position and I appreciate him trying to save his role, whatever it is. Ideally there should never be a replacement in a game this size.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Before I go to bed, here's a quote for potential Xonar/Marc mafia.

Just putting this out here to avoid getting buried.
Because I don't have someone as scum it means that he is automaticly scum with me and I'm scum too? Eh, okay.

Also, I don't think we should nolynch. If the mafia nokills at that point, we gained practically nothing. I don't mind people suggesting it, but I do mind that people like HeatStroke and Ermac go with it.
Especially with the maybe-accidental hammer by Mayling, I don't really want to let her live tbh. I just refuse to believe that such a grave town error is possible.

I don't think anyone objects to a Mayling/Ermac lynch at this point, correct me if I'm worng.

opinions on this case please?
Further confirms my suspicion of Ermac
you're interested in summoner wagoners, so are you also interested in vult wagoners?
Wasn't really interested in summoner's wagoners. I don't want to speculate about Summoner's death right now, but I think it's because he can be convincing (to me, at least)

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice

I don't have much to add, I'm afraid. I think I've put forward enough of a case against Mayling. I suspected her even before the ****** hammer and her defense was just bad. Not going to lie, her replacing out at this stage kind of made me lose interest, aside from me being busy. This time I don't have a john for Xonar.

That was a mistake, I realized after I went to bed last night that I wasn't thinking stright when I said that. Vult's target was just Summoner, but somehow I don't think it was a mere coincidence that he was to die that night. That, or the mafia just wanted to kill him due to being active/useful the whole game.

Responses in Italics:

Because I don't have someone as scum it means that he is automaticly scum with me and I'm scum too? Eh, okay.
No. It just looked a bit strange, since I could've sworn that you were against him before. Don't take it as fact.

Also, I don't think we should nolynch. If the mafia nokills at that point, we gained practically nothing. I don't mind people suggesting it, but I do mind that people like HeatStroke and Ermac go with it.
I never said I was for a no-lynch, just that it might happen today if I don't get revenge-killed.
Especially with the maybe-accidental hammer by Mayling, I don't really want to let her live tbh. I just refuse to believe that such a grave town error is possible.
One-track mind, eh? It's clear to me that she never really cared about this game. Doesn't mean it's true, but it would explain her miscounting fail while giving the possibility of being town.

I don't think anyone objects to a Mayling/Ermac lynch at this point, correct me if I'm worng.
You're absolutely correct. At this point, people are just waiting for me to slip something to jump on right now to justify a lynch.

I forgot the quote XP I'll post again.

Wasn't really interested in summoner's wagoners. I don't want to speculate about Summoner's death right now, but I think it's because he can be convincing (to me, at least)
so dark ermac, we're in lylo?
No. I never said we were in lylo. Pay attention.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
****, posting fail.

That was a mistake, I realized after I went to bed last night that I wasn't thinking stright when I said that. Vult's target was just Summoner, but somehow I don't think it was a mere coincidence that he was to die that night. That, or the mafia just wanted to kill him due to being active/useful the whole game.

Responses in Italics:

No. It just looked a bit strange, since I could've sworn that you were against him before. Don't take it as fact.

I never said I was for a no-lynch, just that it might happen today if I don't get revenge-killed.

One-track mind, eh? It's clear to me that she never really cared about this game. Doesn't mean it's true, but it would explain her miscounting fail while giving the possibility of being town.

You're absolutely correct. At this point, people are just waiting for me to slip something to jump on right now to justify a lynch.

I forgot the quote XP I'll post again.

so dark ermac, we're in lylo?
No. I never said we were in lylo. Pay attention.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Unofficial Vote Count:

Xiivi said:
It's takes 4/6 to lynch!

Day 3 Vote Count 0:
ChiboSempai: (0)
HeatStroke: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
Dark_Ermac: ChiboSempai (:041:)
Marc: (0)
Xonar: (0)
Not Voting: HeatStroke, Kataefi, Dark_Ermac, Marc, Xonar (:041: :041: :041: :041: :041: )

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@marc - for the sake of mylo I really think it's advisable to no lynch at this stage - a lot of factors have genuinely messed things up, I think if may had been here we'd be able to see a lot more in terms of information and defence but the replacement has sort of screwed us over. I'm getting very little from ermac because he's replaced into a pivotal moment in the game looking somewhat clueless.

just clarifying my vote would either go to ermac or a no lynch.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this is kinda my first game since returning to these boards, so replacing someone that is so likely to be lynched today wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, everyone changed their avs...

I think we need input from Xonar and Chibo before deciding to no-lynch.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok people are telling me to post but like... Last time I was postin and stuff was on Page 38. I haven't posted on pg 39 or 40 (though 40 is only a couple posts) outside of asking for a vote count. This is sad. iirc no one responded to anything I said and scum is gettin off easy.

This isn't the situation to no lynch. We're at a deficit here and we need to do what we can. We're just delaying the inevitable by no lynching. The mod hasn't even given us a count in like 3 days or so (though idk if there's been a vote or not since lol).

Bottom line, everyone needs to reread days 1 and 2 and pick someone. There have been some recent good cases on Mayling/Ermac, so I'm stickin with that. Deadline is in like 23ish hours. I'm not gonna be on most of tomorrow to post, but I'll check in from my phone incase anything clutch needs to go down.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for May 14, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 4/6 to lynch!

Day 3 Vote Count 1:
ChiboSempai: (0)
HeatStroke: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
Dark_Ermac: ChiboSempai (:041:)
Marc: (0)
Xonar: (0)
No Lynch: HeatStroke (:041:)
Not Voting: Kataefi, Dark_Ermac, Marc, Xonar (:041: :041: :041: :041:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I didn't actually consider that...

marc what's your take on this?

chibo what personal reasons are there for you voting maymac?

deadline's coming up we need a decision

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well not much has been said recently lol, especially in terms of new development in the field of scumhunting. So no, just read back on past cases.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering weather Marc can really be trusted...

I remember not long ago people were against him and actively trying to break him open in order to justify a lynch.

Other than that, if we do no-lynch and the mafia no-kills, at least it extends the deadline a bit.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
That's a kind of dramatic way to put it.

I've already said I consider no lynch to be a smarter move. Even if Mafia doesn't kill anyone, that's more Town time. If I have to choose a lynch target, it's Ermac, but that's kind of a stalemate situation anyway since I don't expect him to fully defend against things Mayling did.

Vote: No lynch

Top Bottom