• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sean. I will be going to Phoenix this weekend. Usual arrangements. Do you need a ride?

forward

Smash Champion
Shiv, I probably won't make it up this weekend. I have to go this thing for school. If that changes though I will let you know.

AXE 09

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOL omg you guys are freakin hilarious! wow hahaha

YO! what yo name is!?

lol Nick, that was awesome hahaha

darn you all for making fun of me lol. i will have my revenge!

*runs to go spray on some axe*

<3 all you guys

(lol can't stop laughing)

AXE 09

Smash Master
that stuff's AMAZING!!!!!! XD

hey, it's gotten me this far lol

it's scientifically proven to improve your melee skills

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
its cuz he wasn't wearing the shoe shirt

he would've gave you the business if it weren't for pbnj

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
ewwwww, don't tell me you use axe axe

that stuff is gross!!!!!!
Axe is pretty good, but if you want a good smell go for that new stuff BOD. I wasn't going to waste the money on another crappy cologne but I wound up getting some for xmas. that stuff smells almost as good as Curve

This is true...

...idk man, i don't use it and i beat you...

just sayin

<3333
You'll need it to beat me next time we play :p

its cuz he wasn't wearing the shoe shirt

he would've gave you the business if it weren't for pbnj
*shakes fist at perpetrator*

darn you for ruining other peoples chances!

:link:

tw1n

Smash Champion

Lol don't forget the one I found for you in Maryland.

AXE: RECOVERY!!!

Too good lol. And you ***** that tournament so ya =]

tw1n

Smash Champion
i've also seen like

Axe: Dark Tempation
Tis another good one there haha.

I think somewhere I saw Axe: Shock lol. It works kinda.

Not an edit... But had to look and post it.
Axe: Pulse
Axe: Adrenaline
Axe: Control (shampoo)
Axe: Hot Fever (hahahaha)

Axe: Instinct! (the other one I pointed out in Maryland)

For Axe and anyone who loves the guy and wants to read and laugh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_(grooming_product)#Products

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Now I finished the homework that I should have been doing instead of smashing today. Sigh. Time to get 3 hours of sleep, then school and work until 11pm yipee!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Now I finished the homework that I should have been doing instead of smashing today. Sigh. Time to get 3 hours of sleep, then school and work until 11pm yipee!
no lies that was me all week with this stupid project. It took 45 hours to complete! Up till 3 up at 6 every day! blah. But it's over now and I got 12 hours of sleep the other night to play catch up :p

Good luck to you bro :D

<3 AZ

Even though your top players wouldn't even make the top 10 power rankings of NM
and then I woke up

:link:

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Working this late blew donkey balls. Being on the phone for 8 hours wears out your throat.

I might get next Friday off of work. Practice time!

ChubbzEXE

Smash Rookie
This is Spencer on Chubbz' account to tell Rob that he should change my name in his videos to my smash name =)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I lol wtf'd at Jeff losing to Scar in the best combo video thing. Not that I liked either that much really but if I were to choose one after Mind Reader it'd definitely be Axe Effect. Scar's combo videos are just....ugh to me. Such bad DI from so many people.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
You make me sad, Rob. Look on the first page of the Tucson thread :(
Dang, sorry. Fixed, I believe.

@Xander/Joey-Let me just explain how I'm doing it. I am going through the video chronologically, because that is easiest. Because all of the recording was one big file, some of the audio is messed up, so sometimes I am putting in other music so the viewers don't have nothing and don't have this fuzzy Zzzz sound in their ear with de-synced sound. Other times I am syncing the audio if the quality is still good. So in answer to your question...because singles came after doubles, your matches will not be up until all of doubles is uploaded. I'm not going to deviate from the way I am most comfortable with just to put a bunch of Xander videos up a week before everyone else's. Plus, there are videos of you going up in doubles, so that should make you at least somewhat happy. Joey, I'm sorry, I don't believe you recorded any doubles, so you won't be getting up until I get to the singles.

Jane

Smash Hero
hey kyle i was at a rave on friday in phoenix and some gay dude i was talking to asked me if i knew any gay dudes

i said no, only in tucson. but it reminded me of you. just thought id share that :p

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hey kyle i was at a rave on friday in phoenix and some gay dude i was talking to asked me if i knew any gay dudes

i said no, only in tucson. but it reminded me of you. just thought id share that :p
why did he ask you that particularly?

did he see you as a person who thoroughly enjoyed the company of gay men?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
A little friendly message from your local smasher:

I sandbag. No surprise right?

Some of you players are little sissy crybabies. I'll **** you so easy and you'll start johning about how bad you are playing, how loose your stick is, how sticky your trigger buttons are. Then you start choosing non-mains and getting beat worse, trying to protect your ego since you're not losing with your main. After a while you don't want to play anymore and start playing with mediocre players to boost your confidence before you play with me again.

What do I end up doing then? I just go for stupid kamikaze kills every stock so that I win at my last stock. The win margin is not as bad so it won't hurt your pride as much. You think, "That was close, I can get him next time." Sometimes you do. You disregard the part of the screen after the match where it says I suicided 2-3 times. You can never 4 stock me, just narrow little 1-2 stock wins. But who cares, a win is a win right? I just keep on walking up to you and ftilting, spamming the same aerial, Falcon Kick edgeguarding, yet still keeping the match close. It drives your competitive spirit since you ignorantly believe you're doing so well against a significantly better player.

I know I sound arrogant. I am. I play this game for fun though. I'll toy around, test dumb strategies instead of playing to win. I do this so that you play for a longer period of time. I'd rather have a few hours of silly practice then 30 minutes of destroying you so hard you stop wanting to play.

My message? Suck it up. If you want me to play serious with you, I can. Just stop being so serious where you let negative emotions get in the way of your play. While my random moves and unpredictability are significant parts of my playstyle, be aware that sometimes I'm doing it so your butthole isn't sore after the match.

That statement wasn't address to any particular individual, but many of the smashers here in Arizona that I have played. I'm not trying to demoralize any of you but make you aware of how ****ty your attitudes are and why you're not getting better as fast as you would like. You can't get better if you don't enjoy the game, whether you're pulling off ridiculous combos or getting stomped in the nuts. Enjoy pulling off combos and getting comboed or you're getting nowhere.

P.S. Sean and Jeff will always **** me without trying. The end.

tw1n

Smash Champion
A little friendly message from your local smasher:

I sandbag. No surprise right?

Some of you players are little sissy crybabies. I'll **** you so easy and you'll start johning about how bad you are playing, how loose your stick is, how sticky your trigger buttons are. Then you start choosing non-mains and getting beat worse, trying to protect your ego since you're not losing with your main. After a while you don't want to play anymore and start playing with mediocre players to boost your confidence before you play with me again.

What do I end up doing then? I just go for stupid kamikaze kills every stock so that I win at my last stock. The win margin is not as bad so it won't hurt your pride as much. You think, "That was close, I can get him next time." Sometimes you do. You disregard the part of the screen after the match where it says I suicided 2-3 times. You can never 4 stock me, just narrow little 1-2 stock wins. But who cares, a win is a win right? I just keep on walking up to you and ftilting, spamming the same aerial, Falcon Kick edgeguarding, yet still keeping the match close. It drives your competitive spirit since you ignorantly believe you're doing so well against a significantly better player.

I know I sound arrogant. I am. I play this game for fun though. I'll toy around, test dumb strategies instead of playing to win. I do this so that you play for a longer period of time. I'd rather have a few hours of silly practice then 30 minutes of destroying you so hard you stop wanting to play.

My message? Suck it up. If you want me to play serious with you, I can. Just stop being so serious where you let negative emotions get in the way of your play. While my random moves and unpredictability are significant parts of my playstyle, be aware that sometimes I'm doing it so your butthole isn't sore after the match.

That statement wasn't address to any particular individual, but many of the smashers here in Arizona that I have played. I'm not trying to demoralize any of you but make you aware of how ****ty your attitudes are and why you're not getting better as fast as you would like. You can't get better if you don't enjoy the game, whether you're pulling off ridiculous combos or getting stomped in the nuts. Enjoy pulling off combos and getting comboed or you're getting nowhere.

P.S. Sean and Jeff will always **** me without trying. The end.
Quoted for pure excellence. Well stated.

P.S. <3 Sean and Jeff... but they can't **** me simply because you can't **** the willing =]

Top Bottom