• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Knowing that I am one of those smashers addressed, I will consider this while I am playing you. I am really sorry that we do this. On the other hand, I don't think non-mains are necessarily a bad thing. For me personally...although I could get better by solely playing Sheik every time I play anyone, I don't because I get bored doing that and I have fun playing my other 3 characters (Fox, Falco, Pika) as well. I probably should not play any of my other characters (who I care about, namely Marth, Peach, and Puff) save for maybe a maximum of 3 matches.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Well you can always play me, Sean! I don't mind getting stomped by better players because it helps me improve, which will help you improve! I want to be the next Armada and I won't get there by playing pewpy people and me not trying. I need to see what bad habits I have while also improving upon what I did well.

AXE 09

Smash Master
A little friendly message from your local smasher:

I sandbag. No surprise right?

Some of you players are little sissy crybabies. I'll **** you so easy and you'll start johning about how bad you are playing, how loose your stick is, how sticky your trigger buttons are. Then you start choosing non-mains and getting beat worse, trying to protect your ego since you're not losing with your main. After a while you don't want to play anymore and start playing with mediocre players to boost your confidence before you play with me again.

What do I end up doing then? I just go for stupid kamikaze kills every stock so that I win at my last stock. The win margin is not as bad so it won't hurt your pride as much. You think, "That was close, I can get him next time." Sometimes you do. You disregard the part of the screen after the match where it says I suicided 2-3 times. You can never 4 stock me, just narrow little 1-2 stock wins. But who cares, a win is a win right? I just keep on walking up to you and ftilting, spamming the same aerial, Falcon Kick edgeguarding, yet still keeping the match close. It drives your competitive spirit since you ignorantly believe you're doing so well against a significantly better player.

I know I sound arrogant. I am. I play this game for fun though. I'll toy around, test dumb strategies instead of playing to win. I do this so that you play for a longer period of time. I'd rather have a few hours of silly practice then 30 minutes of destroying you so hard you stop wanting to play.

My message? Suck it up. If you want me to play serious with you, I can. Just stop being so serious where you let negative emotions get in the way of your play. While my random moves and unpredictability are significant parts of my playstyle, be aware that sometimes I'm doing it so your butthole isn't sore after the match.

That statement wasn't address to any particular individual, but many of the smashers here in Arizona that I have played. I'm not trying to demoralize any of you but make you aware of how ****ty your attitudes are and why you're not getting better as fast as you would like. You can't get better if you don't enjoy the game, whether you're pulling off ridiculous combos or getting stomped in the nuts. Enjoy pulling off combos and getting comboed or you're getting nowhere.

P.S. Sean and Jeff will always **** me without trying. The end.
you know, just saying...

i always have a blast whenever i play you. you're one of the funnest people to play in my opinion lol

i love it whenever people do stuff that makes me go like "WHAT!?1?!?!!?" or "OMG!!! *falls off chair*" which you tend to do to me a lot, so i freakin love it lol. it's awesome fighting a player who does so many things out of the ordinary. i learn a lot from you and it's fun as heck imo

plus, you open my eyes to new things every time we fight. you make me think about new things to try out. you taught me a lot of things that i didn't know. you're so different from every other player and it's so crazy how effective your style is against everyone, i love it:laugh:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i agree

stop being little b*tches and take the **** like men.

people who doubt i can do this: watch AXE Effect, Shadowclaw 3, and F3 (when i decide to have free time and make it)

better people can and will sandbag. stop making mountains out of your occasional win or your near victory (just saying, I do not consider my near-win against Darkrain or my near win against Axe to be legit at all)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
just saying:

me, dualcats, and possibly maxxxpower need tucson housing saturday night and a good bit of sunday

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
i think its cool playing jackie cause its so unexpecting and how did this thing come up anyways im confused.

@sean- i dont like playing you sometimes cause like last time we played you wouldnt even pay attention to the match so i get bored and play someone else i like playing people who are better than me but it seems like you think im really that bad like i barely know how to l-cancel.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
Yea I hate when people stop playing against me/trying after 4 or 5 matches. It makes it harder to improve.
i played you for like 10 hours straight! lol and i think i got a lot better from that. we should do that again ahaha. btw hi everyone this is like my first post in like 3 months.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i played you for like 10 hours straight! lol and i think i got a lot better from that. we should do that again ahaha. btw hi everyone this is like my first post in like 3 months.
RUSTY?!?!?!?!? please play more melee =(
L cancel?? what is this you guys are talking about?
I'm a Peach player, so all I know how to do is Float Cancel and that's it.
i'm a pikachu player, so all i know how to do is.... float cancel and that's it ^^

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i played with sean for FOURTEEN hours straight! get at me *****es!!!!

I want to post a subtley-directed-at-specific-
xander
people-without-naming-names-post like jackie, but not directed at
xander
people but other people

STOP PLAYING PIKACHU YOU ******. IT'S NOT GOOD AND IT PISSES ME OFF. YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK JEFF'S **** FROM RIDING IT AS HARD AS YOU DO.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I wouldn't doubt it.

Edit: OMG, I just remembered something.

Jeff, if you didn't show any malice towards Miles before the following statement, you will after.

Several months ago......

.....Miles.......

.......broke a Melee disc.

He thought it would be a good idea to put Melee in his wallet, and when he came to my work to smash, Melee was broken in half.

I punched him when I saw it.

I mean, good heavens, can you believe someone would actually put Melee in their wallet when they have a Cube, CD Case and/or the game case itself to put it in.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
A little friendly message from your local smasher:
I've already read this, and this really isn't as friendly as you'd like to make yourself seem.

I sandbag. No surprise right?
Yeah no surprise because you seek fun in being a giant douchebag to other people. Who cares if they get destroyed if you try. Is sandbagging going to get them any better? No, and if they can't recognize that you're sandbagging then for one they're just ********, and for another thing what makes you think people are going to play more by sandbagging? Wouldn't they play less because they get even more demoralized by you doing stupid ****? Where's your logic here, again?

Some of you players are little sissy crybabies. I'll **** you so easy and you'll start johning about how bad you are playing, how loose your stick is, how sticky your trigger buttons are. Then you start choosing non-mains and getting beat worse, trying to protect your ego since you're not losing with your main. After a while you don't want to play anymore and start playing with mediocre players to boost your confidence before you play with me again.
Yeah, because you beat me soooooo badly, you're SOOOOO good, I get 3 and 4 stocked by you. Definitely nor even close to your skill level. lmao, this is just gold, seriously. No, but to be serious, I don't care if I somewhat johnned on ONE ****ING DAY about my R being sticky. Wanna know why? Because it actually WAS and still IS sticky, if you didn't believe me you could use that controller and see for yourself.

As for me choosing non-mains, I never recall doing this. I recall playing Fox on your Sheik, beating the holy **** out of you for 2 stocks, then one of two things happening. 1. You recover on stage and I shine -> WD you then mess up and dont up smash costing a kill or 2. You play like Plank and camp the edge and I never feel like playing an 8 minute match so I approach you. To me, this is your way of taking the game too seriously when I'm just sitting there having fun and attacking you and not camping. But I thought it was YOU who had fun Jackie?

Playing mediocre players, I don't do that, most the time I prefer playing Chris, you when not being a douchebag, Sean, or Xander.

What do I end up doing then? I just go for stupid kamikaze kills every stock so that I win at my last stock. The win margin is not as bad so it won't hurt your pride as much. You think, "That was close, I can get him next time." Sometimes you do. You disregard the part of the screen after the match where it says I suicided 2-3 times. You can never 4 stock me, just narrow little 1-2 stock wins. But who cares, a win is a win right? I just keep on walking up to you and ftilting, spamming the same aerial, Falcon Kick edgeguarding, yet still keeping the match close. It drives your competitive spirit since you ignorantly believe you're doing so well against a significantly better player.
You do this even if I play my mains. YOU sandbag to protect YOUR ego of wanting to seem a lot better than me than you really are. When will you start realizing that you beating me lesser is not a matter of you being rusty due to having a full time job, but maybe consider the fact that I'M GETTING BETTER, because even CHRIS and SEAN acknowledge this? Getting narrow 1-2 stock wins? Yeah, and I do this while you try, rather you consider up B'ing a **** **** ton with Falco sandbagging or not I don't know, because sometimes you incorporate stupid **** into your real game as well that I can't tell the difference.

Therefore can you not say it is fair to generalize that you are ALWAYS trying your hardest because no matter what you're always doing something stupid?

I know I sound arrogant. I am. I play this game for fun though. I'll toy around, test dumb strategies instead of playing to win. I do this so that you play for a longer period of time. I'd rather have a few hours of silly practice then 30 minutes of destroying you so hard you stop wanting to play.
You play for fun, eh? Well then if you play so much for fun, why is it then when you would apparently get games off of Jeff, you would take it all seriously, even though everyone kniows Jeff sandbags more than pretty much ANYONE out there? As for playing me for 30 minutes that I stop playing, when do I do this? I'd rather play for a few hours

And as far as I'm concerned, unless you're playing Peach(probly my worst matchup) or unless you've played me 50-100 times(that's when you start beating people/beating them harder because you've figured them out) our matches are close. You can disagree all you want, in your attempt to protect your ego and make it look as if I haven't improved at all over the past 6 months, but I'll just ignore what you have to say because what you have to say at this point is insignificant to me.

My message? Suck it up. If you want me to play serious with you, I can. Just stop being so serious where you let negative emotions get in the way of your play. While my random moves and unpredictability are significant parts of my playstyle, be aware that sometimes I'm doing it so your butthole isn't sore after the match.
Read up there, if you haven't by now. Suck it up? I have nothing to suck up because you really don't scare me in your style of play. Negative emotions do get in my way sometimes and this is true, I try to control it, but hey no one is perfect right? You know why I take the game seriously? Because Sean, he's what inspired me to play the game competitively and he NEVER gave up until he got where he wanted to be. And I'm going to do the same thing, no matter what, at any cost. If you don't like my occasional negative emotions, then you can either play someone else in Tucson who has an attitude that is probably worse than mine(mine is mild compared to some others').

Or you can accept the fact that while you may not take the game so seriously, others do. And for you to possibly say something like "it's just a game" and shrug it off as nothing, others may not. If you ask me, this is just more of you thinking that the world revolves around you and that everyone should automatically have the same attitude as you. And as it is, for you to act as if you have such a positive attitude(IF you do claim this) you don't as much as you think. Sure you're optimistic and having fun as you sandbag against people who aren't as good as you. But for you to act as if you're perfect and that it doesn't frustrate you when you get ***** by Sean, similarly to when we get mad from losing to you, then you're just a ****ing moron.

That statement wasn't address to any particular individual, but many of the smashers here in Arizona that I have played. I'm not trying to demoralize any of you but make you aware of how ****ty your attitudes are and why you're not getting better as fast as you would like. You can't get better if you don't enjoy the game, whether you're pulling off ridiculous combos or getting stomped in the nuts. Enjoy pulling off combos and getting comboed or you're getting nowhere.
Oh, but it was to address particular people, Jackie. And to get some things out of the way, I'll say who I think this post was addressed to and I think those people are Me,Rob, and Xander. Once again, more things about my attitude being ****ty, mine is mild as said. I realize why I'm not getting better as fast as I want, and rarely do I complain about said things. Enjoying the game, I think all of us do enjoy the game, I think when we stop enjoying the game, is when you start being a douchebag by sandbagging. Because actually, you're not making other people feel better by sandbagging, as said, but worse.

P.S. Sean and Jeff will always **** me without trying. The end.
Glad you finally realize this considering how seriously you used to take your matches with Jeff. Although I must say that you do impress me as a player with your terrific DI. ESPECIALLY against Sean's Falco, he can't do **** to your DI.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the way to class so I can only summarize some things:
-'Friendly' was said facetiously, I am an ******* a lot. It's tough love.
-The sticky trigger wasn't addressed to you. Lots of players say it. None of it was addressed to you actually, you have indeed gotten significantly better and I wasn't trying to deny that about anyone.
-I definitely go for gimps with Sheik whenever I can but I definitely do more approaching than you give me credit for.

Time's up, have to walk to class. I didn't mean any disrespect to you Spencer and I actually didn't think of you when writing it. I know you mentioned your R button but that's not why I made that post. Many other smashers except maybe Kyle and a couple others really do take that route.

dairspike

Smash Cadet
(Whenever I post on this account it's from my phone. The settings are different for mobile-friendly browsing)
I've already read this, and this really isn't as friendly as you'd like to make yourself seem.

Yeah no surprise because you seek fun in being a giant douchebag to other people. Who cares if they get destroyed if you try. Is sandbagging going to get them any better? No, and if they can't recognize that you're sandbagging then for one they're just ********, and for another thing what makes you think people are going to play more by sandbagging? Wouldn't they play less because they get even more demoralized by you doing stupid ****? Where's your logic here, again?

----sandbagging (certain ways) helps them learn some of the fundamentals. Like if I keep on stomping in place against forrest it will teach him to stop sidestepping and using getup attack so much. Demoralizing is indeed a jolly good time but that's what I go for when an ego check is needed. -----

Yeah, because you beat me soooooo badly, you're SOOOOO good, I get 3 and 4 stocked by you. Definitely nor even close to your skill level. lmao, this is just gold, seriously. No, but to be serious, I don't care if I somewhat johnned on ONE ****ING DAY about my R being sticky. Wanna know why? Because it actually WAS and still IS sticky, if you didn't believe me you could use that controller and see for yourself.

As for me choosing non-mains, I never recall doing this. I recall playing Fox on your Sheik, beating the holy **** out of you for 2 stocks, then one of two things happening. 1. You recover on stage and I shine -> WD you then mess up and dont up smash costing a kill or 2. You play like Plank and camp the edge and I never feel like playing an 8 minute match so I approach you. To me, this is your way of taking the game too seriously when I'm just sitting there having fun and attacking you and not camping. But I thought it was YOU who had fun Jackie?

-----i charge needles since six needles have more stun to set up an approach. You never see me just standing at the edge only shooting needles, nor do I ever upB stall. If you approach me during that charge time of course I will punish you for it. ------

Playing mediocre players, I don't do that, most the time I prefer playing Chris, you when not being a douchebag, Sean, or Xander.

You do this even if I play my mains. YOU sandbag to protect YOUR ego of wanting to seem a lot better than me than you really are. When will you start realizing that you beating me lesser is not a matter of you being rusty due to having a full time job, but maybe consider the fact that I'M GETTING BETTER, because even CHRIS and SEAN acknowledge this? Getting narrow 1-2 stock wins? Yeah, and I do this while you try, rather you consider up B'ing a **** **** ton with Falco sandbagging or not I don't know, because sometimes you incorporate stupid **** into your real game as well that I can't tell the difference.

-------i up b with falco on purpose. With falcon against shields, sometimes for high percent kills. At low percents because I like hearing YES so in that case sandbagging-----

Therefore can you not say it is fair to generalize that you are ALWAYS trying your hardest because no matter what you're always doing something stupid?

--------i never generalized that I am always playing my hardest, more so hardly enough as I would like-------

You play for fun, eh? Well then if you play so much for fun, why is it then when you would apparently get games off of Jeff, you would take it all seriously, even though everyone kniows Jeff sandbags more than pretty much ANYONE out there? As for playing me for 30 minutes that I stop playing, when do I do this? I'd rather play for a few hours

------i didn't take it seriously. I do point out when I beat him but I follow it it with things like *he lost to macd's peach, my ****tier peach too, he's pretty balls at that pikapeach matchup* or *i have to chaingrab him with sheik to beat it inconsistently nowadays*
-----

And as far as I'm concerned, unless you're playing Peach(probly my worst matchup) or unless you've played me 50-100 times(that's when you start beating people/beating them harder because you've figured them out) our matches are close. You can disagree all you want, in your attempt to protect your ego and make it look as if I haven't improved at all over the past 6 months, but I'll just ignore what you have to say because what you have to say at this point is insignificant to me.

*** you are right about peach mos def. And I do learn peoples' playstyles better than they adapt to mine. But none of that post was addressed to you so no need to be butthurt. Unless I come off as such an *** that you get better faster, ithat whole post was dedicated just to you ;)------

Read up there, if you haven't by now. Suck it up? I have nothing to suck up because you really don't scare me in your style of play. Negative emotions do get in my way sometimes and this is true, I try to control it, but hey no one is perfect right? You know why I take the game seriously? Because Sean, he's what inspired me to play the game competitively and he NEVER gave up until he got where he wanted to be. And I'm going to do the same thing, no matter what, at any cost. If you don't like my occasional negative emotions, then you can either play someone else in Tucson who has an attitude that is probably worse than mine(mine is mild compared to some others').

---- you do get upset but nowhere near as much as other people, I agree completely-----

Or you can accept the fact that while you may not take the game so seriously, others do. And for you to possibly say something like "it's just a game" and shrug it off as nothing, others may not. If you ask me, this is just more of you thinking that the world revolves around you and that everyone should automatically have the same attitude as you. And as it is, for you to act as if you have such a positive attitude(IF you do claim this) you don't as much as you think. Sure you're optimistic and having fun as you sandbag against people who aren't as good as you. But for you to act as if you're perfect and that it doesn't frustrate you when you get ***** by Sean, similarly to when we get mad from losing to you, then you're just a ****ing moron.

--- I didn't play the positive card but I do think I have it. I honestly don't get frustrated. I get motivated from my losses. Ask Sean if I have ever rage quitted against him or become visibly upset. I have rage quitted against Chris buttttt it's because he rage quits me a bunch when I am halfway in the process of 4 stocking him sometimes so I do it back to annoy him enough to stop. And he has stopped since then (also he's gotten too good for me to 4 stock anymore).-----

Oh, but it was to address particular people, Jackie. And to get some things out of the way, I'll say who I think this post was addressed to and I think those people are Me,Rob, and Xander. Once again, more things about my attitude being ****ty, mine is mild as said. I realize why I'm not getting better as fast as I want, and rarely do I complain about said things. Enjoying the game, I think all of us do enjoy the game, I think when we stop enjoying the game, is when you start being a douchebag by sandbagging. Because actually, you're not making other people feel better by sandbagging, as said, but worse.

----not addressed to you like I mentioned but rob and xander are included. Chris used to do this the most actually. But he stopped and you see how much he has gotten better since that.-----

Glad you finally realize this considering how seriously you used to take your matches with Jeff. Although I must say that you do impress me as a player with your terrific DI. ESPECIALLY against Sean's Falco, he can't do **** to your DI.

-----i'm assuming you are talking about my excessive crouchcancelling. Yeah it's pretty bad especially against knees but works wonders at low percents and for occassional lucky techs. Saved me from many usmashes too. Def not worth it though especially versus people that are aware of it like Sean.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Time's up, have to walk to class. I didn't mean any disrespect to you Spencer and I actually didn't think of you when writing it. I know you mentioned your R button but that's not why I made that post. Many other smashers except maybe Kyle and a couple others really do take that route.
Hellz yeah! I don't john about my controller! <3

Top Bottom