• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

v00m242

Smash Rookie
tommy record those matches i wanna see what happens. personally i dont think hat you can beat him yet :p

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
if there's a recording setup on the tv we play on, then I'll get them. I really net to get matches recorded anyway.

I think I can get him.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Okay then, beat Jeff -_-.
were dubs.. it wouldn't show which of us is better since we all know he is.. ^^:.. In our thread.. I'm the 1 player.. only because of Jeff, and him thinking i'm better... I can beat him in a set.. it doesn't mean im the better player tho... just for our rankings it does..

Jeff's amazing! Axe's Pika!

Jeffy Poo....... I <3 you!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm going to post this in the major AZ thread to get people's attention and possibly generate interest in hopes pushing for something to get started:

So after cleaning up my abundance of my subscribed-to threads, I realized that AzOneTwoStep was just over a year ago. Then I got to thinking, we definitely need to host a tourney like that again, since we're too lazy to go to other state's tourneys and that we should make them come to us.

I'm no tourney director, but I know we have several pretty qualified tourney directors to pull it off. How would you tourney directors feel about collaborating with each other to plan something special? Hell, I'd be willing to help out too.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yes, but Deva doesn't count, there was way more than just smash, not that that's a bad thing. Plus the turnout wasn't that sexy from what I hear.

We need something awesome.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Smash tomorrow, but it won't be 25 people this time around. I'd personally like to keep it in the area of 10-12. Much more manageable and much more comfortable. A big problem with what happened last time is that there were several players who weren't there for melee, which just further cluttered things up.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
well for example, last week we had Elvis's little sister there kind of just chilling talking to people.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
which is all staged and recorded under controlled circumstances so no one has to sign liability waivers to smash at xanders LOL

Silly

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! This is Kyle. I am a friend of Tommy's.

I am interested in joining the Tucson rankings and will probably head up with Tommy sometime to play with you guys. I main with Peach.

Sweet deal. =]

-Silly Kyle

A

Affliction9220

Hey guys! This is Kyle. I am a friend of Tommy's.

I am interested in joining the Tucson rankings and will probably head up with Tommy sometime to play with you guys. I main with Peach.

Sweet deal. =]

-Silly Kyle
Kyle, this is Miles I'm going to unrust my melee and i want to challenge you :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So ya. Smash today. I'm not sure how well my phone is working, but give me a call if anyone needs any info. im going to take a nap since i've been up for like 48 hours.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
i could care less about asain guys.

but the asian women....
the world would no be the same without them.. :D

piman no one thinks ur baddassssXD hahah jpjp

i cant wait to get back. i havent been playing at all so i should be fresh and ready to get better.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
duffy's idea is probably best. and thanks dan for helping me get this poll up and thanks to whatever supermod actually got it up for me.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
hey chris im on but its through the internet not through aim so i think you gotta send me a message first.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I disapprove of using the RR results as a medium. Many players leave early, which disqualifies them from, or gives them several automatic losses, depending on how many matches they played, and put them lower than what they probably should.

Then there's players like myself and Jackie who have a bad habit of sandbagging against lower-ranked players, and receiving losses that we'd normally not receive.

Also; The Weekly RRs might be stopping relatively soon.

I voted for the challenges system, but a panel would work too.

Top Bottom