• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You guys are homo, fireworks are a free easy way to get some action. And whomever is cooking all that food can't be smashing. And you should know how almost all Tucson smashers are broke moochers and won't chip in for ****. And all of you suck balls.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
We need to bring food and supplies here is a basic list of what we need:

*BBQ EQUPIMENT/PORTABLE GRILL* -
God will love whoever can provide this!!!!

Meat
--burgers/buns - Xander
--hotdogs/buns - Xander

Chips - Sean(not forward lol)

Drinks/Soda - Tommy+Xander

Dinner gear
--Plates - Xander
--Napkins -
--Cups - Spencer

Condiments
--ketchup - Tommy
--mustard -
--cheese -Xander

If all else fails and we can not get a hold of a grill, there will still be a smashfest (and I'll still bring soda), but we will instead do one of the following:
1) Order a bunch of Pizza
2) IHOP (please god let it be this one)
3) Go to some fast food place, and order a s*** ton of burgers and fries.
4) Order sandwiches from Eggee's/Subway (please god, don't let it be this one)

*Tommy is also bringing a Brawl setup*

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Shut the **** up Jackie. YOU'RE coming. If none of us have money then why don't you show us all how you're the one exception to that?

Besides we need more people to bring stuff. Also Jackie who says you can't see the fireworks from Xander's house? You can go swimming,play smash, eat food and watch fireworks.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You guys are homo, fireworks are a free easy way to get some action. And whomever is cooking all that food can't be smashing. And you should know how almost all Tucson smashers are broke moochers and won't chip in for ****. And all of you suck balls.
I'm pretty much paying for most of the ****. Costco FTW. =D

Jackie, come with us! =D

*Edit.*

You can see fireworks from my place quite often. All you gotta do it hop on my wall, or on the wall in the playground.

Also, it'd probably be something along the lines of "Grill your own food."

But I guess that I'd probably be doing most of the cooking. I LOVE to cook.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
How about penetrating a sexy *** chick from UA on the bed of her truck while driving through a car wash while listening to Rick Astley and not giving a **** about anything else? I think I'd rather do that. Soapy car wash sex is the best.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
oh my god

Edit: Jackie, Forrest says good luck with that it's just a date.

Also, Alex, you better not scrub out on us, you better not quit.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
god **** cant we just wait to have this smashfest BBQ when i get back?

@ spencer:
i plan on doing what we were doing b4 i left. im still gonna be at ur house playing a lot but im gonna get some help from chris too. i need all the help i can get. after all, im improving faster then anyone else in tucson >.<

and i agree with tommy about alex. just get better. get coaching in standard things. having an icy player near by is not the only way to get better.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Alex probably wont get any better, since he doesn't have the drive/determination.

Also, Rusty, you or Spencer better call/aim me whenever you go to the benners house. I need the practice, too.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
we dont want you there ruby>.< haha jk.

if its cool with them though im probaly gonna be over there quite a bit. at least when im at my dads house. its three A.M. here right no but i cannot sleep here because im used to tucson time XD

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Let's see here I agree with Jackie basically haha. But still Jackie you should come. I know you'd have some funds for it and hey it might be more fun than just seeing fireworks if you don't have other plans already.

Also Rusty I know this I just like to **** with Chris, it's fun ya know? Rusty we would wait for you but Saturday is the 4th of July so we figured it's a nice way to celebrate.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i was about to beat your *** spencer. my fox is legit. just because it's not sean's fox doesn't mean i can't teach rusty **** lol. besides sean hates melee.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Alright, so BBQ plans are all sorted out.

I bought 6 pounds of hot dogs, and a big thing of burgers.

Bought 2 large things of chips, and a 36 pack of Pepsi.

Bought plates. Got the grill problem solved.

My grandmother is making blueberry lemon cake for us.

Bought buns/bread/cheese. Bring mustard please.

Some extra soda/cups/burgers would really help. I think we only got like 12 patteys. Burgers are hella expensive.

Got salsa, too.

Got Chicken Breast, too.

All we need to do is find out when to start it. 5 or 6 sound good?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Of course I was joking about the car wash thing, but I do have plans for 4th. You guys have fun though.

Some grilling tips:
-Ground beef is much cheaper than preformed patties. Use an Country Crock, sour cream container, etc. to form the patties perfectly round. They shrink after cooking so make sure you shape it about an inch bigger than the bun. If you salt the meat before it browns, more juices will come out which is not good. Don't press on the patty while it's cooking even if the center swells up. Flip the patty when you see the juices starting to come out on top.
-Marinade the chicken breast overnight (meaning do it tonight) or it will be dry as ****. Keep the bone-in for additional juiciness. Take the chicken off the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes before you cut into it.
-Of course don't overcook anything. If you poke it with your finger and it's already tough, then you done ****ed up.

Before you guys leave, ****ing help clean up and don't leave Xander with a mess you inconsiderate *******s. Seriously. Keep track of your **** cups.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'll remember that next time. I just bought turkey burgers, and turkey franks.

I'm sure you'd all prefer beef, but beef was about 3$ more expensive for burgers, and 2$ more expensive for franks, for the same amount. Since I had to mind my budget, obviously I cut my costs, so no food johns.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
**** you all. im so jealous. just make it happen tuesday night. i will be home then >.< haha. and guys no fighting about who gets t train rusty to make him ****. he takes all offers. unless your worse then me ahaha:p

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Maybe Tuesday would be better....Tommy probly isnt coming and I dont even know who else would be able to come soooo....Tuesday people would be able to plan ahead for coming and Jeff may be able to come down from SV on that day if I asked him. Plus Rusty will be in town too. Jackie will also then have no excuse to NOT come.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
Maybe Tuesday would be better....Tommy probly isnt coming and I dont even know who else would be able to come soooo....Tuesday people would be able to plan ahead for coming and Jeff may be able to come down from SV on that day if I asked him. Plus Rusty will be in town too. Jackie will also then have no excuse to NOT come.

YESSSS!!!!!!!

spencer u should have used ur bros account to say this then they would for sure do it XDXDXD ahahah

v00m242

Smash Rookie
for once xander is not on atm so someone should call him and tell him that we should have it tuesday.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
um i dont feel like it. chris you do it. and yeah rusty i would but it was already logged in as myself and i dont know his login info.

anyways i definitely think tuesday is better. this can count as our weekly round robin play instead of monday as well. hopefully we could get more people than if we did it tomorrow.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You're acting like money and *** are the only reasons I wouldn't go. Foolish mortals.

Rusty the main things you (and basically all the other nontop Tucson players) need to work on are edgeguarding and grab game.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Edgeguarding/Grab Game/Tech Chase/Not losing my cool.

These are probably the 4 things i need to work on.

*Edit.*

I've been planning on hosting a Melee tournament in Tucson, as soon as I find a venue.

Just as a heads up, expect some really gay stages to be legal. After reading the SBR Recommended Stage List, and after playing around on some of the stages, I've been thinking about including the following stages as possible counter-picks:

Singles:

Mushroom Kingdom 2
Flatzone
Yoshi's Island
Onett

Doubles:

Termina

Thoughts plz.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
dont do it.

anyway i will for sure be able to make it if you guys do it on tuesday. so please do. haha.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
The only even slightly acceptable stage out of that singles list is Mushroom Kingdom II, but even then it's still kind of no-no, all three of those have walk-off ledges.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
A D0uble Post Doesn't Even Help Describe How Amazing I Feel For That Video Omg I Just Refell In Love With Asian Women I Love Koreans Oh God Please Heal This Yellow Fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU SMASHBOARDS AND YOUR NO-ALL-CAPS-BULLSHIT!

Top Bottom