• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
someone invite me to some smashfests i wanna get to know my tucson comrades!

just remember i'm not a girl so no sexual favors,

and i suck at melee, but i can be like a melee punching bag! :D
this guy is hella cool.

and **** okami, playing THAT much then you're going to catch up to tucson pretty quick.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you really free after 12? ****. i may stop by and play a few matches with you later but i think i already mentioned to you that i'll be in the area

Jane

Smash Hero
okok which one's nick, and jeff, and etc? xD i only know chris.

also okami what's your name i put you down in my phone as okami lol.

AND, right right now i probably wont be able to smash cuz i don't have my car yet :'( so i have to share with my mammy, and she be working all the time.

SUNDAY however, i can smash the whole day pretty much.

Jane

Smash Hero
ok sweet! maybe if i play with you guys enough i'll have enough courage to enter the melee portion of the tourney on the 19th! :D

and speaking of tourneys:

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE GOING TO THE TOURNEY TOMORROW BESIDES SILLY KYLE'S CAR?!?!?

i wanna go bad. :[

v00m242

Smash Rookie
i wanna go to and would drive but its not legal and im pretty sure none of you should trust me on a highway yet ahaha.

did i mention i have a car???? XP

forward

Smash Champion
Just an FYI guys. Arcade in a box has fight night Sundays. What this means is you pay $10 for a day pass and people are there playing fighting games all day. Since smash is a fighting game we could play there on Sundays, and it would you guys a chance to learn other fighters such as GG, BB, SF4, etc.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just an FYI guys. Arcade in a box has fight night Sundays. What this means is you pay $10 for a day pass and people are there playing fighting games all day. Since smash is a fighting game we could play there on Sundays, and it would you guys a chance to learn other fighters such as GG, BB, SF4, etc.
Sounds awesome. Unfortunately, the bus schedule sucks on Sundays.

Jane

Smash Hero
i wanna go to and would drive but its not legal and im pretty sure none of you should trust me on a highway yet ahaha.

did i mention i have a car???? XP
I WILL DRIVE YOU THERE! and chip in gas money! uhh, you don't know me but i have 3 years driving experience? lol

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
but he doesn't know that you might also have 3 years of little-boy-****** experience so perhaps your driving abilities would be the least of his worries

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'd be down to go to this. For some reason, it seems as though smashboards really enjoys 2-D fighters a lot. I personally wish there was just a guard button that could be used in more games. Anyways, I like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. I'd like to play Soul Calibur IV there if anyone would be down to play. I'm not super advanced or anything, but I do know the basics and some semi-advanced stuff like frame data and aGIs and frame traps and tech traps. I kinda don't like the idea of paying 10 bucks to play melee though, considering we have a TV lounge here on campus that I only just learned about today. But we could probably have smashfests there if 1 or 2 people brought set ups as well (unless it was just 4 people of course).

Also, is anyone who's not going to the tournament this weekend down to smash at all?

I'm just going to edit this post so I'm not wasting too much space. I have your stuff, Nick. But Jeff has your 2 wired controllers...so you may have to use a wavebird unless I can get the controllers from Peter (Jeff's roomate) or something.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
chris i miss you, i havent seen you in forever! Come to ua this weekend and smash! I'll be free during the day tomorrow and sunday as of now, and will be willing to smash...assuming Jeff still has my stuff (or rob, i forget which)

forward

Smash Champion
Does anybody want to get together at AIAB this friday? $10 for a comfortable venue and all the fighting games you want.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
When does it start? I have one class at 11-11:50 and that's it on Friday. I'd need a ride, but I think I'd be down for it. I'd kinda be reluctant to play smash there because we can play that whenever we want, so I think I'd either want to try to learn BlazBlue or Tekken, or just play some competitive Soul Calibur, if anyone's down for it. Soul Calibur players, where you at?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
When does it start? I have one class at 11-11:50 and that's it on Friday. I'd need a ride, but I think I'd be down for it. I'd kinda be reluctant to play smash there because we can play that whenever we want, so I think I'd either want to try to learn BlazBlue or Tekken, or just play some competitive Soul Calibur, if anyone's down for it. Soul Calibur players, where you at?
Soul Caliber 2 is the only one in the series worth mentioning.

I'll be down for Friday, but I need a ride home.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Soul Caliber 2 is the only one in the series worth mentioning.
gonna have to agree with xander on this one:)

then again, i haven't really played any other ones lol. well i've played both 3 and 4, but only for like... 2 hours each, if that.

melee > all other games

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I liked Soul Calibur II a lot as well. However, if I want to find people to play Soul Calibur, it's much easier to find people who will play IV than who will play II (especially with XBL). It's like how it's easier to find people for Melee or Brawl than to find people who play 64.

Edit (response to below): It's easier to log onto Xbox Live to find people to play against in SCIV than to go elsewhere to find people. This especially applies to when I'm in SoCal. And here in Tucson, I don' t have a car. Therefore, I have more practice with SCIV than II.

Another Edit (thought of something else): I can bring Soul Calibur II back here once I get a TV to play it on if you guys are down to play it. I may buy a TV within a week or two, which will be bomb. Anyways, I think I want to play BlazBlue (I'm debating whether to buy it or not as well.), Guilty Gear, and Tekken.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I liked Soul Calibur II a lot as well. However, if I want to find people to play Soul Calibur, it's much easier to find people who will play IV than who will play II (especially with XBL). It's like how it's easier to find people for Melee or Brawl than to find people who play 64.
Most of the smashers who play other fighters also play Soul Caliber 2.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Smashfest at the dorms this sunday afternoon, I'm thinking about starting it around 2, and going til whenever. Everyone's welcome! So far we have a handful of people coming, so if you want to, post here or text/call me. Its gonna be fun, and I'm reserving the lounge too, so if you have a tv, bring it, there are plenty of couches and stuff, but only one tv down there; I have one too, but having more tv's means more matches!

Sean (forward) I forgot you don't get texts when i sent it out last night, so you're more than welcome to come too, and your brother as well if he feels up to it!

Chris: melee > new gf : P

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I didn't get a text. <.<

But yeah, I'll be there.

*Edit*

Busses stop running pretty early. I'll need a ride home, or to spend the night at someone's place.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
yeah jane, you have my number right? if not its 480-231-2079 if youre in the area

and sean, cool, good to know!

xander, youre a jerk : P

If chris can't give you a ride home, I probably can.

Right now its planned for my dorm, im reserving the lounge tomorrow from like 3 to 9, after that we can play it by year methinks

One note: being in the hall, we will most likely get people who arent as good as us wanting to play, so we might have to improv some "fun" games throughout the night haha

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
by the way, anyone who needs to speak to me needs to CALL not text because i have 52 texts left for the next 19 days >.<

most people have my number but if you don't then ask someone else because they'll probably have it and i don't want to post it on here

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
One note: Being in the hall, we will most likely get people who aren't as good as us wanting to play, so we might have to improv some "fun" games throughout the night haha.
These can be balanced pretty easily. You just go one scrub + one community member vs. one scrub + one community member. Or you can go 1v3 with Fox while the Zelgadis Theme is playing...like last night.

Top Bottom