• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I'm free til 7 when I have rounds again, but not really I am taking Jeff somewhere so he can go to Chris's then Im going to Target to get some **** then I'll be back here. Rob, if you wanna come over tonight and smash with me, I'd be down, just know that every few hours after 7 I have to do rounds so you would be alone for a little while. Otherwise yeah, sorry I can't make it to the smashfest : /

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
had a good time at the smashfest yesterday. hope everyone else enjoyed it

rusty, forrest, kyle, tommy, sorry i four-stocked you.
xander, sorry you couldn't beat my marth.
jackie, stop being so **** amazing without playing even though i think i won more of the dittos
jeff, I LOVE YOU! *dies* stop sandbagging me with that stupid rat

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I desperately need someone I can stay with for the next week or so. Hopefully in Tucson so I can continue to job hunt, but if possible, Phoenix would work too.

Just to explain my situation:

For the last month or so, my mother's boyfriend as been living with the two of us. He's a tolerable guy when he's on his own, but whenever he's around my mom, I'm treated absolute disrespect. He acts like he's some ****ing older brother or some bull****. "Poking" fun at me. Questioning my habits, and hobbies. Trying to force his ideas, and beliefs on me, eating food that I buy, and specifically point out that I do not want anyone else to eat, constantly using my possessions, and generally acting like an obnoxious 12 year old, despite the fact that he's nearly 23. The most annoying bull**** he's been putting me through recently is despite the fact that he KNOWS that I'm an insomniac, he constantly goes OUT OF HIS WAY to wake me up ANY time I'm asleep, and expects me to respect his wishes whenever HE'S asleep. I've been sick for the last 6 days, and I have not gotten more than about 20 hours of sleep combined in the last TWO weeks due to this guy. I've approached him, and my mother on numerous occasions in an attempt to stop this in a peaceful, mature matter, but nothing works. My mom even finds it cute, and rather hilarious, that he's been treating me with absolute disrespect, and probably even extended my illness several days longer than it should have, because i haven't been able to get the proper rest I require.

I desperately need help dealing with this problem. The only suggestions I've been able to think of are rather disrespectful. He deserves nothing more than to be treated like dirt, but I don't want to stoop to his level.

I'm mostly asking if I can couch surf, is because I desperately need to catch up on sleep. I've only gotten a few hours of sleep every other day for the last few weeks. It's probably the reason why I got sick, and why it a week, instead of like 3 days to recover from.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
That's such a shame. :/ I'm sure you've probably done this, but you didn't say it at all. Have you tried talking it over with either your mom or this boyfriend of hers (Not that it will work necessarily)?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest campus for sleeping. You can basically walk into any nonoffice building, find a sofa, and crash. Just wear a backpack to look like a student haha. And 'forget' your cat card (student id).

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
He can go home to do that, it's not like the guy starts tickling Xander every time he brushes his teeth.

Anyways, Jeff/Nick are probably the only two people I'll be smashing at all with for a while since I have too much work and school. I'll smash a little with them between classes. 15 hours of school and 38 hours of work next week = 53 hours of not smashing haha

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I had talked to him, and my mom, but it didn't help the first time around. I've been gone throughout most of the day. I came back home, and was sure to make it clear I'm tired of his ****. I'm not sure if it will make a difference, since it didn't last time, but it's something.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Hell no, Tucson is dead without me.
Just kidddding.
not really
I think I'll try to play with Jeff between classes today.
I didn't get enough play in Saturday.
8am classes and work are no bueno :embarrass.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
ATTN:

So I'm pretty free on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. 12-3 on TR and 11-2 on W. What do other people's schedules look like?

623-229-9032 for anyone who doesn't have my number.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
UofA has been at the least. :p I wanna make sure that that number is a cell phone number and that you can receive texts, because Jeff, Nick and I can hit you up next time we play. Are you ever down to smash towards the night time?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hey rob, add my number and send me a text so i can get yours and i'll text you if i'm ever near the campus

i'll PM it to you

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I am! Would prefer it to be on campus. You could smash at my dorm, but you'd need a set up. (But because it's a temporary room, it's huge!) Or we could all crash at Nick's or bother Jeff's roomate while playing there. My classes end tomorrow around 3:15.

Also, I really really wanna meet you, Tai. There was a bunch of hype when you came to So Cal and it seems like everyone knows you there. And...Haruhi ftw.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I am! Would prefer it to be on campus. You could smash at my dorm, but you'd need a set up. (But because it's a temporary room, it's huge!) Or we could all crash at Nick's or bother Jeff's roomate while playing there. My classes end tomorrow around 3:15.

Also, I really really wanna meet you, Tai. There was a bunch of hype when you came to So Cal and it seems like everyone knows you there. And...Haruhi ftw.
I don't have a setup right now. Chris (GG7) has my TV.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Lol, yeah, kinda.

I know 805, and I really know 949. I spent a total of like, 2 or 3 weeks at Cammy's house over the summer :laugh:

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, 623-229-9032 is my mobile number. I don't text message often, though I can still send and receive.

So, yeah, from 12 to 3 tomorrow I'm free to smash. Probably 12:30 so I can have lunch.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Shiv - I'm free every day after 2 pm. And usually evenings are free too unless I'm on duty. However today I have plans, but you should come over and smash with us! Where aer you living this year? how was your summer too? I havent talked to you in like 2 months

I agree with xander, tai, you can't have them!

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Hey Nick, what's going on. Summer's been good. You? Sounds like you're an RA now? Cool.

Jeff has class at 2, so that's a problem. Are you free any earlier? Or otherwise one of these nights if you have a smashfest like old times I'll come by.

Jane

Smash Hero
someone invite me to some smashfests i wanna get to know my tucson comrades!

just remember i'm not a girl so no sexual favors,

and i suck at melee, but i can be like a melee punching bag! :D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Bleh, just come to the campus and text Nick, Jeff, or I. We're always smashing like every day. Since I moved here to Tucson a week ago, I've smashed every day except for one. Average of about 3 hours a day. Nick and I might be smashing tomorrow. And I don't mean to really invite anyone over without his permission but he's chill about it :p. Text us first. If you don't have anyone's number, PM me and I'll PM you back my number.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
thanks for volunteering me : p

But yeah its fine jane do you have my number?

and shiv yeah man its really sweet! I am enjoying it, and free room and board helps a lot. Where are you living? Forrest said near him, thats sweet. Yeah late nights work for me too, just let me know when youre around and you can come ovah!

Top Bottom